Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (2730) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6207926 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2727) (2728) (2729) (2730) (2731) (2732) (2733) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 7:22pm On Dec 16, 2018
Rvp20183 had the gut to say Lagos lacks outdoor ads

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 7:39pm On Dec 16, 2018
samsobo24:
Rvp20183 had the gut to say Lagos lacks outdoor ads
He definitely can't be stupid enough to say that.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 7:44pm On Dec 16, 2018
LagosLagos

Obadeeremi,he even said Nairobi has more adverts than lagos

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 7:52pm On Dec 16, 2018
Advert

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 7:59pm On Dec 16, 2018
rvp20183:
https://maishamagiceast.dstv.com/news/all-the-best-east-african-movies-on-maisha-magic-east most of the content is Kenyan..maybe 95%.Tanzania with funny English subtitles have no entertainment industry beyond Diamond.Kenya entertainment industry [b]is half Nigeria and we are 4 times less popolus.[/b]The genre of music wider than Nigeria Afrobeat and one lame dance style.We just do not like doing English content because majority of Kenyans don't like English.That is hindering the internatiolazation of Kenya entertainment industry.
grin Don't be silly @bolded. The Entertainment and media industry does not depend on population but sophistication. And in my opinion, the Nigerian entertainment and media is not sophisticated at allll. So how come ours is still more than *2 of yours which you feel is sophisticated? For your information, Germany with a relatively small population has an entertainment and media industry worth $50bn while India with its crazy population and huge Bollywood output has its entertainment industry valued at just $25bn. Fact is in the next four years, ours will be worth $10bn and yours $3bn. More than times 3.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 8:15pm On Dec 16, 2018
samsobo24:
LagosLagos

Obadeeremi,he even said Nairobi has more adverts than lagos
Then he is stupid. grin What will that dude not compare?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 8:30pm On Dec 16, 2018
It can only be twice at best.Have a look at the pwc report! With our population,our figures are more than good!
obaaderemi:
grin Don't be silly @bolded. The Entertainment and media industry does not depend on population but sophistication. And in my opinion, the Nigerian entertainment and media is not sophisticated at allll. So how come ours is still more than *2 of yours which you feel is sophisticated? For your information, Germany with a relatively small population has an entertainment and media industry worth $50bn while India with its crazy population and huge Bollywood output has its entertainment industry valued at just $25bn. Fact is in the next four years, ours will be worth $10bn and yours $3bn. More than times 3.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ibrahimanis: 8:58pm On Dec 16, 2018
Irokotv
Landmark Africa
GT Bank
UBA
Chocolate City

These are all Nigerian companies present in Kenya. So that someone that said only one Nigerian company is in Kenya, you lied are mistaken. grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 9:02pm On Dec 16, 2018
forgiveness:

That is not the answer. Let me help you.

LAGOS HAS MORE SKYSCRAPPERS THAN THE WHOLE OF KENYA COMBINED. Bhuhahahaha.

Don't go choking. grin

Including this one

grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 9:03pm On Dec 16, 2018
forgiveness:

It does exist on paper as a Skyscrapper but my findings led me to one Communication building with 7 floors.

I don't know if there is another or that is not the name it is called.

However, let me make it clearer once again, NECOM house is totally different from Communication building as you currently assumed.

So a building with 7 floors is a skyscraper? grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 10:14pm On Dec 16, 2018
NairobiWalker:

Greece has a decent economy. You can't compare you're shithole Ibadan to Thessaloniki or Lagos to
Athens.

I can't see where Nigeria comes into the comparison with Greece. .... This shows how desperate you are just to ridicule Nigeria and not necessarily to prove your point on Life expectancy being directly synonymous to prosperity.

****** I really don't care if Greece has a decent economy or not, but I need you to explain why the USA with a per capital income 3X higher than that of Greece and an HDI also far higher than that of Greece, yet should have a lower life expectancy than Greece.
~~~~ This just doesn't seem to show how life expectancy directly correlates to the prosperity of a nation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 11:24pm On Dec 16, 2018
darfay:

Please what's the name of the Kenyan facebook group. I want them to fight over me too

You know this is what happens when you tell a Kenyan that you are from Nigeria
Buahahahaha grin them go rush you I swear grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 11:33pm On Dec 16, 2018
Runalong333:

Will you just stop disgcracing yourself .

ROSTER LIST
Home | Privacy | Terms
Concord Music © 2018
SUBSCRIBE
“Age is… wisdom, if one has lived one’s life properly”
Miriam Makeba
Miriam Makeba, also known as Mama Africa, was a Grammy Award winning South African singer during the 1960’s, distinguished as the first African artist to commercialize African music in the US and abroad. Makeba's signature song, “Pata Pata”, written by her with Jerry Ragovoy, was first released in South Africa in 1957 and a decade later became a major hit in the US, where it hit #12 on the Billboard Hot 100. “Pata Pata” (English translation "touch touch"wink is a joyful, feel good and festive tune that has gone on to be covered by dozens of world music artists, including German house music producers Milk & Sugar, whose internationally popular 2011 Tribute To Africa track “Hi-a Ma (Pata Pata)” incorporates Makeba’s original recording

https://concord.com/roster/miriam-makeba/

Which of our artists was celebrated to this level before her ?. undecided

You like jumping guns. grin

Lionessza6:

Miriam Mkeba was the first african to commercialize music , can you show me anyone else before her? grin. She won a Grammy in 1968 grin, not 1998 grin. You only started winning such awards in the 90s when she and other South Africans were worn out grin. Should I show you more of our nominations in the 60s, 70s and 90s and recent times? grin. You are desperately trying to scam your way through as usual, but you are failing . Show me where your artists were recognised before Miriam makeba, Hugh masekela, letta mbuli, lucky dube , Brenda fassie Yvonne chaka Chaka to name some ? ; D. I gave you a 60s Grammy award , show me yours grin.by the way , after she introduced the world to African music , she was invited as the first african to ever perform at a USA presidential inauguration, just to celebrate her achievement grin grin.

What was the question she asked in the second bolded? grin

Show me any Nigerian artists recognised before blah blah and I said.......

Ik Dairo was recognised before Miriam Makeba ever was. He was the first African musician to be recognized with Member of the British order in 1963 for his work in music. That was way back before Miriam Makeba dreamt of any recognition.

Abi, MBE is not a recognition? shocked grin

I.K Dairo work has no foreign system support to earn him that recognition unlike Miriam Makeba who won the Grammy award on the back of Harry Belafonte hard work.

My friend, to commercialize music simply means to record music and sell them in larger quantity via disc or whatever. If that be the case, she was never the first African to do that at the world stage, most especially in America. grin

Drum of Passion was the first recording by an African to popularize African music in the west and the man behind that master piece was a Nigerian. It sold 5 million copies in 1960.

How many copies did Miriam sell before then in the west? grin

When did Miriam Makeba even release her first album? Yes! The same 1960 but it was 3 months after the drums of passion was released. grin

Who is disgracing himself here? grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by YAHREIGNS: 11:39pm On Dec 16, 2018
rvp20183:
Mombasa beat Abuja anytime
Mombasa CBD.

Mombasa North Coast

Mombasa Old town

Mombas South Coast

Even prettier now with new County colours. Someone needs to photograph Mombasa afresh

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by YAHREIGNS: 11:44pm On Dec 16, 2018
darfay:

Please what's the name of the Kenyan facebook group. I want them to fight over me too

You know this is what happens when you tell a Kenyan that you are from Nigeria

Kenyans run away from Nigerians. You just never know how much heroine they are walking around with grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 4:55am On Dec 17, 2018
Just because the USA is the global powerhouse in economics this shouldn't mean that it should be a leader in each and every economic indicator.Life expectancy should really tell you much about a country. Leaving that aside,USA life expectancy at 78 years is stil one of the best in the world.Most European countries citizens have better access to healthcare services than the average American,this may explain the disparity in the numbers.Remember,most of this countries are also developed.Other factors also contribute to this as well is the population of a country and so on.You just cannot equate the Nigerian situation to the American one to butress your point. This just shows your ignorance and total disregard of the problems that ail your nation. Stop avoiding the elephant in the room and tackle the problems which lead to Nigeria having such a low life expectancy.

“In Nigeria, for example, we do have issues of salaries not being paid on time and if you don’t have money in your pocket you probably will not be able to access quality medical care.

“Second point is the high corruption index in Africa. I’m not saying there is no corruption globally but the index in Africa is quite high. What this means is that financial aids do not get to those who need them and money for development ends up in private hands."

“Unemployment rate is also high. A man who has no job or money, when sick, will first of all go to a prayer house or chemist before approaching a pharmacy or hospital.
“All he’s trying to do is to cut cost because he has no money. Unemployment also affects the grade of hospital patronised.”

“The level of education also seems to affect the life expectancy in any given region of the world. It is said that high literacy rates are associated with improved life expectancy.

Education obviously augments labour market productivity and income growth,” he added.
To increase life expectancy rate, he said government must provide quality health care policies and think of sustainable healthcare financing.

“Another thing is strengthening our Primary Health Centre, PHC, to be able to serve our population. Then free and affordable education at least secondary level (while government should) increase job creation, employment opportunities, minimum wage for workers, and then (address the) stabilisation of the country’s micro and macro economy,” he proffered.

This is the Nigerias case,solve your case.Countries that have a higher life expectancy including the USA are mostly prosperous or have taken massive reforms in improving the lives of their citizen. One of the characteristics of developed nations that I learnt in the University unit Geography of Development is that they have a higher life expectancy. There is nothing absolutely wrong if this nations compete with each other in this front.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/04/illnesses-reduce-life-expectancy-nigerians/

genieluv:

I can't see where Nigeria comes into the comparison with Greece. .... This shows how desperate you are just to ridicule Nigeria and not necessarily to prove your point on Life expectancy being directly synonymous to prosperity.

****** I really don't care if Greece has a decent economy or not, but I need you to explain why the USA with a per capital income 3X higher than that of Greece and an HDI also far higher than that of Greece, yet should have a lower life expectancy than Greece.
~~~~ This just doesn't seem to show how life expectancy directly correlates to the prosperity of a nation.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 5:47am On Dec 17, 2018
Jonraid:
Just because the USA is the global powerhouse in economics this shouldn't mean that it should be a leader in each and every economic indicator.Life expectancy should really tell you much about a country. Leaving that aside,USA life expectancy at 78 years is stil one of the best in the world.Most European countries citizens have better access to healthcare services than the average American,this may explain the disparity in the numbers.Remember,most of this countries are also developed.Other factors also contribute to this as well like the population of a country and so on.You just cannot equate the Nigerian situation to the American one to butress your point. This just shows your ignorance and total disregard of the problems that ail your nation. Stop avoiding the elephant in the room and tackle the problems which lead to Nigeria having such a low life expectancy.

“In Nigeria, for example, we do have issues of salaries not being paid on time and if you don’t have money in your pocket you probably will not be able to access quality medical care.

“Second point is the high corruption index in Africa. I’m not saying there is no corruption globally but the index in Africa is quite high. What this means is that financial aids do not get to those who need them and money for development ends up in private hands."

“Unemployment rate is also high. A man who has no job or money, when sick, will first of all go to a prayer house or chemist before approaching a pharmacy or hospital.
“All he’s trying to do is to cut cost because he has no money. Unemployment also affects the grade of hospital patronised.”

“The level of education also seems to affect the life expectancy in any given region of the world. It is said that high literacy rates are associated with improved life expectancy.

Education obviously augments labour market productivity and income growth,” he added.
To increase life expectancy rate, he said government must provide quality health care policies and think of sustainable healthcare financing.

“Another thing is strengthening our Primary Health Centre, PHC, to be able to serve our population. Then free and affordable education at least secondary level (while government should) increase job creation, employment opportunities, minimum wage for workers, and then (address the) stabilisation of the country’s micro and macro economy,” he proffered.

This is the Nigerias case,solve your case.Countries that have a higher life expectancy including the USA are mostly prosperous or have taken massive reforms in improving the lives of their citizen. One of the characteristics of developed nations that I learnt in the University unit Geography of Development is that they have a higher life expectancy. There is nothing absolutely wrong if this nations compete with each other in this front.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/04/illnesses-reduce-life-expectancy-nigerians/

Maybe she should hear it from someone else's mouth.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ibrahimanis: 6:12am On Dec 17, 2018
Lagos grin

Credits:
tobbinator, artbyoye, f27arts, bolarzeal

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ibrahimanis: 6:16am On Dec 17, 2018
Lagos again

Credits:
artsbyoye, enjoy.ng, tobinnator

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ibrahimanis: 6:20am On Dec 17, 2018
Lagos grin

Credits: tobbinator, davidelpa

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ibrahimanis: 6:22am On Dec 17, 2018
Lagos,

First picture is eko Atlantic by the way, show me any standing structure in any of your planned cities grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ibrahimanis: 6:27am On Dec 17, 2018
Another one for eko, which according to someone has only two completed structures grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ibrahimanis: 6:29am On Dec 17, 2018
According to this pictures, you can see clearly that eko Atlantic has more than "two" structures, three completed, five more topped out. grin grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 6:47am On Dec 17, 2018
She believes that because America isn't leading in the life expectancy ranking then it's completely useless for the ranking to show a country's prosperity. This is stone age thinking.She forgets that America numbers are very good and still compete favourably.
NairobiWalker:

Maybe she should hear it from someone else's mouth.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 7:30am On Dec 17, 2018
I just don't know why Ethiopian airlines is calling Kenya Airways so that we can have a joint equipment purchase deal with them.

Don't we already have a deal of that similar sort already with Boeing? With us being the only country in Africa with such a deal?

Ethiopia airlines would also liaise in training of crew with Kenya Airways.

This is despite Kenya having signed in October an agreement with Federation Aviation Authority in Washington, D.C to train aviation professionals at the East African School of Aviation (EASA).

We recently denied them a route. I smell some scheme by the Ethiopian airlines wanting all this partnership with Kq.

Despite the past challenges,Kenya airways has always been the best airline in Africa. Just making a profit doesn't guarantee you that you have the best airline.

Ethiopian airlines are very protective of their engagements with other airlines in terms of routes and landing rights. Why do they all of a sudden looking at Kq. Let them procure spare parts all alone and let them train their own crew,we already have this partnerships with other partners and breaking them just for the sake of Ethiopian airlines will not be a wise decision!

References

https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2018/12/17/kq-ethiopian-airline-partner-deal-to-raise-income_c1866304

https://www.nation.co.ke/business/KQ-inks-parts-and-services-deal-with-Boeing/996-4677364-dkc6hq/index.html

https://m.marketscreener.com/KENYA-AIRWAYS-PLC-6493924/news/Kenya-Airways-Commits-to-Civil-Aviation-Development-Flight-Safety-in-Africa-in-New-Faa-Deal-27517559/
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 7:30am On Dec 17, 2018
rvp20183:
If we count phantom skscrappers yes Lagos may beat Nairobi in your dreams

Lagos alone has more skyscrapers than the whole of Kenya. grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 17, 2018
mtisTheQubit:

We got faster internet than US nigga..anyway was about to follow my naija broda but naah ... grin grin
Ok everyone has his point sha
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 7:53am On Dec 17, 2018
forgiveness:

Lagos alone has more skyscrapers than the whole of Kenya. grin

Considering you've already agreed the Ministry of communication tower is non-existent, that leaves you with 10 towers and we're even yet to dig into others you posted. Lagos practically has only 10 skyscrapers my friend
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 8:27am On Dec 17, 2018
The ministry of communication tower only existed in fiction?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 8:33am On Dec 17, 2018
For the sake of us who haven't seen the ministry of communication tower,I'd like you to post it once again!
NairobiWalker:

Considering you've already agreed the Ministry of communication tower is non-existent, that leaves you with 10 towers and we're even yet to dig into others you posted. Lagos practically has only 10 skyscrapers my friend
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 8:49am On Dec 17, 2018
Jonraid:
For the sake of us who haven't seen the ministry of communication tower,I'd like you to post it once again!

Here it is

grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 9:14am On Dec 17, 2018
NairobiWalker:

It may exist but since I can't prove it, agreed.

forgiveness:

1) NECON (32) - 160 Meters
2) Azuri Orun Towers (32) - 140 Meters
3) Azuri Oban Towers (32) - 140 Meters
4) Azuri Zuma Towers (32) - 140 Meters
5) Eko Champaign pearls Tower (30) - 135 meters
6) Union Bank HQ - (28) - 124 Metres
7) Eko Black Pearls Tower (24) - 113 Meters
cool Eko Towers II - (27) - 110 Meters
9) Ministry of Communication (30) - 109 Meters
10) Intercontinental hotel - (22) - 105 Meters
11) Independence House - Lagos - (23) 103 Metres
12) Central Bank of Nigeria (20) - 100 Metres
13) 4 Bourdilion Towers (25)- 100+ Metres

Which of the two are not Skyscrappers apart the bolded? grin

How many topped out skyscrapers do you have left after One Africa place and Upper hills chamber have been detected to be high-rise? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2727) (2728) (2729) (2730) (2731) (2732) (2733) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.