Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (2846) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6194584 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2843) (2844) (2845) (2846) (2847) (2848) (2849) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 3:35pm On Dec 26, 2018
NairobiWalker:

That is the 10%, here is the 90%. grin grin grin

No city in eastern Province, northern region, Rift Valley,Nyanza, central province and the coastal Province (except some part of Mombasa and other few tourist areas) is better than Kaduna,Yola,Maiduguri,Kano,Yobe , not to mention PH,Lagos,Enugu,Abuja,Calabar....
First pic- wajir capital (Northern )
Second pic- Marserbite (Eastern)
third pic -Nyeri( Central )

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by mtisTheQubit00: 3:36pm On Dec 26, 2018
Iwantslavesgone:

You are a dullard
serious every moniker ya come up with has a slave thingy...
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Iwantslavesgone: 3:37pm On Dec 26, 2018
mtisTheQubit00:

serious every moniker ya come up with has a slave thingy...

Kill yourself Bantu savage
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by mtisTheQubit00: 3:38pm On Dec 26, 2018
Iwantslavesgone:

Kill yourself Bantu savage

i think ya obsessed with Bantu peeps .. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Iwantslavesgone: 3:39pm On Dec 26, 2018
mtisTheQubit00:

i think ya obsessed with Bantu peeps .. grin

I hate savages
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by mtisTheQubit00: 3:40pm On Dec 26, 2018
Iwantslavesgone:

I hate savages

But they sexy you up heeh grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by abbeg(m): 3:41pm On Dec 26, 2018
mtisTheQubit00:

define ipobian please
So you're saying they can only be igbos? Can Nazis be Germans only?And those buildings for rent aren't slums.You guys have a habit of spitting out 'slum' at every Nigerian building.Have you even seen one other than on CNN?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by abbeg(m): 3:43pm On Dec 26, 2018
Speaking of slums it seems like you guys have forgotten kibera and friends!grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 3:43pm On Dec 26, 2018
NairobiWalker:

Kenya is roughly on the same level as Ghana. South Korea are better than us. They know how to run a country better than us. Be good and accept when someone is better than you. grin grin grin grin

Meaning, it's not about population and natural resources afterall. That is the koko. grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by mtisTheQubit00: 3:44pm On Dec 26, 2018
abbeg:
So you're saying they can only be igbos? Can Nazis be Germans only?And those buildings for rent aren't slums.You guys have a habit of spitting out 'slum' at every Nigerian building.Have you even seen one other than on CNN?
so lemme guess ya got Hausas who are also ipobians..
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Iwantslavesgone: 3:44pm On Dec 26, 2018
mtisTheQubit00:

But they sexy you up heeh grin

undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by abbeg(m): 3:44pm On Dec 26, 2018
Speaking of slums it seems like you guys have forgotten kibera and friends!grin They are so lovely!grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by mtisTheQubit00: 3:45pm On Dec 26, 2018
Iwantslavesgone:

undecided lipsrsealed
dont deny it mum cheesy..my logic is undeniable grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Iwantslavesgone: 3:46pm On Dec 26, 2018
mtisTheQubit00:

dont deny it mum cheesy..my logic is undeniable grin

Get a job undecided
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by mtisTheQubit00: 3:47pm On Dec 26, 2018
abbeg:
Speaking of slums it seems like you guys have forgotten kibera and friends!grin They are so lovely!grin
well no one has forgotten kibera but what they have is forgot Lagos the slumpolis grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by abbeg(m): 3:48pm On Dec 26, 2018
mtisTheQubit00:

so lemme guess ya got Hausas who are also ipobians..
You asking me this simply implies that you should get your facts about Nigeria right before lunging in.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by mtisTheQubit00: 3:48pm On Dec 26, 2018
Iwantslavesgone:

Get a job undecided
Ok sweetie go get a fine bantu an everything will be well wink
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by mtisTheQubit00: 3:49pm On Dec 26, 2018
abbeg:
You asking me this simply implies that you should get your facts about Nigeria right before lunging in.
Answer me..
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 3:49pm On Dec 26, 2018
rvp2018:
In kenya such areas are generally called slums or low income areas like some parts of Nairobi Eastlands.In most of Nairobi you cannot erect just anything.The zonning laws start from neighborhood association who can decide the shape and form of buildings.Extensions are generally disallowed.All buildings require are approval otherwise they get demolished.Building a slum next my house makes my house an extension of slum and lower the property values.So is raising chicken in urban areas.Generally lacking stuff like water, sewage, garbage collection and electricity make entire cities slums.

how comes you have the highest number of slums in the world(Not in Africa) and your country is the Third most dangerous place to visit on earth ?

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 3:49pm On Dec 26, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Per capita is too simplistic a factor to be used for stuff like this.
For example, in Nigeria some of the best swimmers would easily come from the ljaw tribe in Southern Nigeria, but they are not even amongst the majority in Nigeria. lf they win awards for Nigeria tomorrow, it would be useless to measure their no of awards per capita, just like you also say your athletes who win gold all the time are usually from a small part of Kenya, and they beat the U.S without even having to bring the per capita factor of both countries because it's unnecessary.
So the truth is that Kenya has better runners than the U.S(and it's evident, per capita or no).
Brazil have more football awards than China, India, and the U.S, we don't also need per capita for that. lt's same with entertainment as a whole.
This is why your logic here is absurd.

I swear listening to you guys struggle with the simple concept of per capita is like hearing kids wrestle with the idea of plate tectonics! Ideally,you'd keep silent but can no more do that than you can stop breathing!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by abbeg(m): 3:52pm On Dec 26, 2018
mtisTheQubit00:

well no one has forgotten kibera but what they have is forgot Lagos the slumpolis grin
How is Lagos a slumpolis? again with that word slum! Nairobi also has slums.Because Nigerians aren't pointing it out every single time they get the chance.And btw the slums have been demolished.At least a good percentage.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by abbeg(m): 3:52pm On Dec 26, 2018
mtisTheQubit00:

How is Lagos a slumpolis? again with that word slum! Nairobi also has slums.Because Nigerians aren't pointing it out every single time they get the chance.And btw the slums have been demolished.At least a good percentage.But kibera stands strong!grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 3:53pm On Dec 26, 2018
rvp20182:
Let says Abeokuta, Ibandan, Kano and most of nigeria cities are legal slums. Kibera is an illegal settlement and so are kenya slums.

Those three cities are far more developed than Mombasa. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 3:54pm On Dec 26, 2018
68816419:

how comes you have the highest number of slums in the world(Not in Africa) and your country is the Third most dangerous place to visit in on earth ?

Interestingly, all those slums are located in Nairobi and its environs...
The Kenyans keep saying Lagos is a mega slum but have no facts to back it up.. meanwhile, the whole world has proof that Kenya has the biggest slums in the world..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by abbeg(m): 3:57pm On Dec 26, 2018
mtisTheQubit00:

Answer me..
Yes.Satisfied? And according to what I just read about 45 percent of Nigerians live in slums while its a whopping 60 for kenyansgrin .And Nigeria has higher population! Kenya is immune to slums right?Okgringrin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 3:58pm On Dec 26, 2018
NairobiWalker:

Different sources seem to have different figures Mr. Random number. grin grin grin

https://www.atlasandboots.com/most-dangerous-countries-in-the-world-ranked/
grin grin grin grin grin most sources i saw ranked Kenya the second most dangerous country in Africa behind SA.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 3:58pm On Dec 26, 2018
obaaderemi:
Thank you for posting this. This is exactly what we have been telling you people here. Northern Nigeria is the main reason you can even be mentioning Nigeria and Kenya in the same discussion. It has a large population and is largely backward and illiterate. It drags down Nigeria's developmental stats. Meanwhile, none of the Nigerians on this thread is from core northern Nigeria. They are from southern and central Nigeria and are appalled that with all the backwardness and poverty in northern Nigeria, we are still richer than Kenya and we beat you in consumption index per capita such as cement consumption per capita and vehicles per 1000 people. That's a shame. You would expect a small "well run" country without a history of coups and civil war or apartheid to beat a "chaotic" African behemoth like Nigeria with 180m people easily. But look at your pitiable country. You are not much better than Senegal. If you understand the implications of this, you would burst into hot tears.

Wow, Nigerians and bad mouth grin I'm not Kenyan, but it's like I could already feel pain for Kenyans just by this write up alone.

***** I know we're using very harsh tones against each other for the sake of 'pepe dem', but let us be unbiased and realistic for now.
Kenya is not really doing so bad for an African country. Here are my reasons, Kenya is far smaller than both Nigeria and Tanzania with less mineral rescources, yet they manage to do well in many development indexes.

~~~Kenya's backlash I think is extreme uneven development and strong foreign ownership in their economy. Kenya might have a comparatively large east African economy on paper, but a huge chunk of this wealth is not benefitted or owned by black Kenyans.

++++ Tanzania is no different from Kenya in this regard. Both countries have never experienced civil war, decades of military rule and series of coups. They should be doing far better than they are doing.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 3:58pm On Dec 26, 2018
abbeg:
How is Lagos a slumpolis? again with that word slum! Nairobi also has slums.Because Nigerians aren't pointing it out every single time they get the chance.And btw the slums have been demolished.At least a good percentage.But kibera stands strong!grin

With the exception of makoko(which is on water) and a few parts of mushin,oshodi and Ajegunle,there are no other slums in Lagos..

in Lagos its common to find low cost and poorly constructed houses and dirty streets in some communities, and at the same time u will find wealthy neighborhoods there too..it doesn't make them slums... even Ajegunle isn't entirely a slum.. But the dumb Kenyans don't know that...

Kibera and Mathare are 100% slums...
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by abbeg(m): 4:00pm On Dec 26, 2018
Instead of them to start thinking of how kiberas flag will be when they secede or at least become a state they are busy pumping all their money into Nairobi; Dgrin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 4:02pm On Dec 26, 2018
Danielnino00:

Interestingly, all those slums are located in Nairobi and its environs...
The Kenyans keep saying Lagos is a mega slum but have no facts to back it up.. meanwhile, the whole world has proof that Kenya has the biggest slums in the world..
kibera is not comparable to your slumpolis.Most cities that are planned have their kiberas but unplanned slumpolis the slums are everywhere..entire city slummish.Why do you find Slums in Africa most modern cities like Nairobi or Capetown but not in Kinshasa or Lagos.The reason is strict zonning laws in midst of poverty.Nigeria you got 10 slums then one or two modern house in a neighberhood.Just check any Nollywood movies.The sea of poverty punctuated by rich house owned by tribal prince or a guy in diaspora or a politician.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by abbeg(m): 4:03pm On Dec 26, 2018
How will kiberas national anthem be? Cos Kenya will soon be too small to hold that city/slum!grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by abbeg(m): 4:05pm On Dec 26, 2018
rvp2018:
kibera is not comparable to your slumpolis.Most cities that are planned have their kiberas but unplanned slumpolis the slums are everywhere..entire city slummish.Why do you find Slums in Africa most modern cities like Nairobi or Capetown but not in Kinshasa or Lagos.The reason is strict zonning laws in midst of poverty.Nigeria you got 10 slums then one or two modern house in a neighberhood.Just check any Nollywood movies.The sea of poverty punctuated by rich house own by tribal prince or a guy in diaspora.
I hope you know those movies are set in rural communities,right?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2843) (2844) (2845) (2846) (2847) (2848) (2849) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.