Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,507 members, 7,861,447 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:32 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (3076) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6284442 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3073) (3074) (3075) (3076) (3077) (3078) (3079) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 9:48am On Jan 15, 2019
darfay:

Yobeezy/mwafrika Tony's father should have just used a condom instead

The moment you mention that you are a Nigerian in Nairobi all you will start seeing are pants flying upandan
Puahahahaha grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 15, 2019
I'm not sure it backward..definitely look middle class to me - the point is Nairobi city - residential areas are being transformed into high density office, commercial, malls and apartments - and residential surburbs are outside the 20Km radius that define Nairobi city.
samsobo24:
see how backward the buildings are

Are you okay, Google search and see the results for yourself
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 15, 2019
Thika Green City - Another golf city - 50kms from Nairobi.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ibrahimanis: 10:01am On Jan 15, 2019
samsobo24:
Lagos emergency management is by far the most advanced in Africa.

They are equipped with world class infrastructure, found only in developed cities of the world.They have high end technology for monitoring activities

Centres are scattered all.over the sate and not only CBD like out brothers

Kenyans should just Google LASEMA and see results
grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ibrahimanis: 10:02am On Jan 15, 2019
Lagos

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ibrahimanis: 10:04am On Jan 15, 2019
Lagos grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ibrahimanis: 10:07am On Jan 15, 2019
Lagos

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ibrahimanis: 10:09am On Jan 15, 2019
Nigerian Armed Forces

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 15, 2019
Nairobi Suburbs - Kurahia waterfornt - another 35kms from Nairobi. Nairobi suburbs are outside the city limits.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 10:17am On Jan 15, 2019
samsobo24:
Lagos emergency management is by far the most advanced in Africa.

They are equipped with world class infrastructure, found only in developed cities of the world.They have high end technology for monitoring activities

Centres are scattered all.over the sate and not only CBD like out brothers

Kenyans should just Google LASEMA and see results
Best joke of 2019.... You just took an early lead in the joke of the year award.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 15, 2019
More on Kurahia - they are so many gates communities outside Nairobi - within Nairobi metros - which serves as Nairobi's bedroom.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 15, 2019
Nairobi suburbs - Kitengela is officially Nairobi bedroom - also derogatorily reffered to as the dust bowl - about 40-50kms - this where most kenya middle class have bought land and resides.

Land in Kitengela is cheap - Maasai endless plains - that suffer from loose soils that a little whirlwind create a nasty dusty bowl.

Royal estate - Kitengela.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 10:30am On Jan 15, 2019
rvp20183:
You better use it now before the world switch from dirty fuel (read oil+coal) into green renewable energy (read solar+wind+hydro) pretty soon. Even US of A is trying to exhaust their oil before the switch off date. By 2030-2040 oil will be on it's way out like steam went out last century.Most developed countries will definitely ban petrol & diesel powered vehicles by 2030. It won't make any sense to use polluting oil when there is clean electric engines.

They can only ban it in Europe and America.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 10:37am On Jan 15, 2019
Bifwoli:
Wow ,this thread is still going on ? How is this possible?

Pull up a chair! The war of lies against truth never ends and we'll be here in 2029,definitely.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 15, 2019
Nairobi Metro - Kiambu/Limuru - starting 20kms - & extending further 40-50kms from Nairobi CBD - there are endless suburbs - here the air is so fresh and but land is too pricey. Coffee and tea farms are giving way to real estates.

Sadly we are losing some of best agriclutural land

Four Way Junction Kiambu

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 15, 2019
Precisely. The problem we are mostly looping as Nigeria go dust themselves up and regurgitate the same old lies instead of admitting their country is doomed and wretched.
kikuyu1:

Pull up a chair! The war of lies against truth never ends and we'll be here in 2029,definitely.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 10:52am On Jan 15, 2019
Goel:

Le'me simplify it for you. We all Asians and Africans have suffered economic depressions in first half of past centuries and great divergence has put us miles behind west.
Your ultimate aim is to catch up with them economically again.
Opportunity comes here because their population is either at replacement rates or declining and hence, we are able to get hands on some of their industries and technologies.
The country who won't make efforts to tap this market can't be deemed successful.

I'm wondering just because Venezuela in bigger crisis, one will stop improving his own country.
I'm afraid that you are taking me otherwise as if I was making it Nigeria vs Kenya or India which I'm definitely not doing.
Indeed, Nigeria's 6% growth rate was impressive then but what now? Why it declined to 2%? If everything is dominated by oil then you have switch to a diversified economy. Given that major consumer countries in West and East have been moving towards other sources, oil can't be relied for long term.

And current 2% growth rate is lower than Nigeria's population growth rate. If a country with 0.5% population growth rate in Europe grows at this rate, its fine but at Nigeria's stage less than 5% can't be called Good, less than 4% can be disastrous. Because Nigeria's income is declining, not increasing right now.

I don't have anything to do with your politicians sharing photos of airports and infrastructure.
In India, they were made themselves by private firms and they are more common here because they are built if needed only.

You guys direly need to finish that bloody Boko Haram and diversify industry. The easiest and most profitable industries are Clothe and steel industries. They'll easily solve Nigeria's unemployment issue in few years plus will make it largest exporter to other African countries.

Nigeria is Africa's giant! It's most populated there, has second largest African economy and one of largest producers of oil. Big countries obviously have higher FDI than smaller ones.
Nigeria was in fact far richer than India and South East Asian countries for past 100 recorded years for natural reasons, overtaken by them very recently because Asia was getting industrialized.

Nigeria's enormous untapped potential could make it emerge another great power emerge on globe and first from Africa. A pivotal role similar to USA in North America, Brazil in South America, India in Southern Asia and China-Japan in Eastern Asia.

In end of this century when India and China both will start to decline, world can only look at Nigeria as new global growth driver. So, they need to prepare from now.

Goel,you're still new here and haven't realised the biggest Naijjan tendency,a belief in emotionally comforting narratives,however fake. This coupled with an unhealthy obsession in denigrating others explains the tone and length of this thread. We've exhaustively covered their economic sectors including their total port throughput and believe you ME THESE GUYS ARE LIGHTWEIGHTS!
Here's an honest expert speaking 8 yrs back way before their recession:
[b]The statistics according to him showed that, low figure for GDP per capital income of $1,154 [/b]and a high percent of the population that is poor, of which 54 per cent is said to be the population figure living below one dollar per day
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/10/half-of-nigerians-live-in-slums-un/

That's why their picspam never ends-they have no facts to support their alleged Giant status and know it.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 15, 2019
Another Nairobi bedroom is Ngong - just past the world famous Karen estate - and after Ngong forests & in Ngong hills - here is another area that extend start 20ksm from Nairobi cBD - and is built upto 50kms.

Another famous Nairobi bedroom.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 10:56am On Jan 15, 2019
Kenyanstar:

Best joke of 2019.... You just took an early lead in the joke of the year award.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
See your self

Look what ibrahimas posted,check the site,check LRU.

Now show me that your backward city has 10% close to that.
Nairobi suffers severe setback

Advanced public transport, Light rail,Emergency and disaster management

All round development

Worst slums

Make your research and come and thank me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 15, 2019
Lagos can never match Nairobi. It just not even remotely possible. Nairobi is near world class city. Your slumpolis has a long way to go. And Nairobi is not small city - we are talking a radius of nearly 60Kms if you include the metro - not a semi-circle that size like Lagos.

Whenever you have doubts - just remember these 4 pictures.

1) Upper hill - Sandton competitor.

2) OLD CDB

3) Westlands
4) Sample residential estate.
5) Roads

samsobo24:
See your self

Look what ibrahimas posted,check the site,check LRU.

Now show me that your backward city has 10% close to that.
Nairobi suffers severe setback

Advanced public transport, Light rail,Emergency and disaster management

All round development

Worst slums

Make your research and come and thank me

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 11:12am On Jan 15, 2019
rvp20183:
Lagos can never match Nairobi. It just not even remotely possible. Nairobi is near world class city. Your slumpolis has a long way to go. And Nairobi is not small city - we are talking a radius of nearly 60Kms if you include the metro - not a semi-circle that size like Lagos.
you sound like an illiterate sometimes

Why do you think Lagos is Africa's biggest city,you think its by landmass.
No,but the total no of cities and its calculated urban area.

As big as Nairobi is by landmass, lagerly of its land mass is occupied by mega slums.

Lagos has managed its tiny land mass by creating more man made island( cities ),in order to meet up with the need for space

Nairobi has 4 of the worlds biggest slums, should that be disturbing for you guys.

Your whites should do more for you as your government has failed emblematically

Your Nairobi's inferiority led you to posting those irrelevant pictures.

Those pics are why we still tag Nairobi backward

Have you seen Ikeja before

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 15, 2019
You need to visit Kinshasa. It 20M city like Lagos. It a slumpolis. How do you even distinguish btw slums and non-slums when the whole city is SLUMMISH.

Nairobi like Joburg & Capetown have slums because you can make that distinction. The city is not slummish.

It has poor people who provide services and live illegally in slums. They have illegally erected temporary structures. The slums are contained. Kibera is 3kms square. The rest are smaller. All of them are in valleys and places reserved for forests or public utilities.

That is Nairobi's Kibera - You can actually count slums from non-slums. Try to do that in Lagos or any random Nigeria city or Kinshasa or Dar slums.

samsobo24:
you sound like an illiterate sometimes

Why do you think Lagos is Africa's biggest city,you think its by landmass.
No,but the total no of cities and its calculated urban area.

As big as Nairobi is by landmass, lagerly of its land mass is occupied by mega slums.

Lagos has managed its tiny land mass by creating more man made island( cities ),in order to meet up with the need for space

Nairobi has 4 of the worlds biggest slums, should that be disturbing for you guys.

Your whites should do more for you as your government has failed emblematically

Your Nairobi's inferiority led you to posting those irrelevant pictures.

Those pics are why we still tag Nairobi backward

Have you seen Ikeja before
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by edon21: 11:29am On Jan 15, 2019
in the United States we spent a lot fighting terrorist groups around the world . seriously I think that Kenya doesn't face half of the problems that Nigeria faces. if it was so then she would have been occupied by our military now. but we think that Nigeria is a big brother in Africa and so they can handle their issues themselves.
don't challenge Nigerians. you are not mates please

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 11:37am On Jan 15, 2019
rvp20183:
You need to visit Kinshasa. It 20M city like Lagos. It a slumpolis. How do you even distinguish btw slums and non-slums when the whole city is SLUMMISH.

Nairobi like Joburg & Capetown have slums because you can make that distinction. The city is not slummish.

It has poor people who provide services and live illegally in slums. They have illegally erected temporary structures. The slums are contained. Kibera is 3kms square. The rest are smaller. All of them are in valleys and places reserved for forests or public utilities.

That is Nairobi's Kibera - You can actually count slums from non-slums. Try to do that in Lagos or any random Nigeria city or Kinshasa or Dar slums.

Hahahahagringrin

The truth is already getting into your veins

Tell news Agencies and whole world that Your four slums were just mistaken to be mega slums

Tell them they are mega cities

You have totally lost this one again my friend

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 15, 2019
We have slums. We don't deny that. They are going to be there for a long time. Possibly until 2050. You also have slumpolis. Don't deny what is captured in pictures. Pictures don't lie.

or videos such as planes landing in lagos...massive slumpolis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWdvOmfXBLg

samsobo24:
Hahahahagringrin

The truth is already getting into your veins

Tell news Agencies and whole world that Your four slums were just mistaken to be mega slums

Tell them they are mega cities

You have totally lost this one again my friend

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:59am On Jan 15, 2019
TayserMahri:

I have no doubt Somalis are very close to being the most populous. In which case the govt will understate their figure. Not so hard. Just accuse half of being illegal immigrants.
but almost half of them are immigrants...have got somali peeps an(chics grin) an many are from Somalia not Kenya but they got all the necessary documents to be a Kenyan.msee some of ths guys are loaded an can bribe anyone. Either we stabilize somali or somalis become the biggest new tribe in Kenya..
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 15, 2019
tylann:

I read report which said Somali will be one of the largest ethnic groups in Kenya in the next 10 years
They are now grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 15, 2019
rvp20183:
I know about 12yrs ago - Garisa had pop growth rate of 9% annually - and average somali family had more than 10 kids - don't be suprised to see 13kids on average. Then add all the illegal somalis who have bought kenyan citizenship. Their numbers could be huge. They are now everywhere....in kenya..in large numbers than even kikuyus.
funny many are from somali.. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 15, 2019
TayserMahri:

No wonder we pay them in excess of a billion in one quarter. They should make hay while the sun shines because we're only a few projects away from expending imports and diesel powered plants. And then from then on we will start net-exporting to them at the same cross border tarriff and they must not complain!!! We are not complaining.

I think coal should do for the base load. Then we should go nuclear.
totally in agreement boss cheesy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 15, 2019
TayserMahri:

True. You can imagine a Somali lady friend of mine is getting a kid every year for the past four years with the aim of hitting at least 10. Mind you she has a masters degree but her husband forced her to quit work because her work for the next ten or so years will be giving birth. Mind you they are wealthy folks and learned, the man is one of the tycoons in Eastleigh tho they live elsewhere where I stay. Whats up? Did the govt ignore Somalis in the planned parenthood program? These guys will fill up Kenya very soon.
Somalis are proud of their culture an I might add their religion ..
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 15, 2019
Kazikazi:
Why not? If the real Kenyans can't impregnate their women, let the Somalis fill the land of Kenya!

Your 2kids policy is stupid.What is happening in Europe,its the same thing you will get in Kenya! The Arabs and Moslems will take over. Bye bye kenya

ok grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 15, 2019
TayserMahri:

Not really. Ramping up domestic demand can address the middle income trap and this can be achieved by having a growing population, as opposed to a stagnant or even shrinking population as at that point.
mon ya becoming an economist now ? grin anyway I do agree that a shrinking population or stagnant one will not gonna help much..other peeps will still gonna occupy the space. Ask Europe... grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3073) (3074) (3075) (3076) (3077) (3078) (3079) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.