Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,426 members, 7,836,713 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (3174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6245494 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3171) (3172) (3173) (3174) (3175) (3176) (3177) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 9:02am On Jan 29, 2019
That is Kisumu. Eldoret is not even 250K population wise. That is like 6 times less than Owerri but it looks good...has some skyscrappers.

THis is eldoret - a city of less than 1/4 million.

PROVERBZ:
this is eldoret man don't show us one percent and lie to us

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by edon21: 9:04am On Jan 29, 2019
rvp2018:
Imagine Nakuru & Eldoret are barely 250K or not - that is like 6 times less than population of Owerri - and they look light years ahead of that Slumpolis Owerri. I saw the highlight is some roundabout.

Kisumu with 0.5M - about 1/3 of Owerri looks way better.

lies. do you think I don't have internet access or what.
boy, the world is Now a global village
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by edon21: 9:05am On Jan 29, 2019
rvp2018:
That is Kisumu. Eldoret is not even 250K population wise. That is like 6 times less than Owerri but it looks good...has some skyscrappers.

THis is eldoret - a city of less than 1/4 million.

could you stop lying. show me busia and give me the link
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 9:06am On Jan 29, 2019
PROVERBZ:
this is eldoret man don't show us one percent edited pictures and lie to us
Yes... Pictures taken 20 years ago before the new building boom started. Let me show you recent pictures i took.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 9:08am On Jan 29, 2019
Nakuru city - a city of less than 250k - again that is like 6 times less populated than Owerri.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 9:09am On Jan 29, 2019
The facility needs 6 million US dollars to start it's operations,the money will be catered for in this years budget.Kenyatta University infrastructure is top notch! I'm currently here! smiley
Kenyanstar:

Busia is a nondescript town at the Kenya-Uganda border. Why should we make comparisons with a small urban setting with less than 50k population? It does not even qualify to be among top 10 towns in Kenya and you want to make a comparison with a city in Nigeria with a population of over a million? Your IQ is so low.
KENYATTA UNI. REFERRAL HOSPITAL
The new facility will be the biggest in East and central Africa

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 9:11am On Jan 29, 2019
edon21:

stop blabbing and show me the pictures note that I can confirm if they are real or not

I will show you pics of busia just wait be patient
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 9:11am On Jan 29, 2019
ELDORET TOWN
POPULATION- 300k approximately
ECONOMIC ACTIVITY- Agricultural

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by edon21: 9:12am On Jan 29, 2019
Kenyanstar:

Busia is a nondescript town at the Kenya-Uganda border. Why should we make comparisons with a small urban setting with less than 50k population? It does not even qualify to be among top 10 towns in Kenya and you want to make a comparison with a city in Nigeria with a population of over a million? Your IQ is so low.
KENYATTA UNI. REFERRAL HOSPITAL
The new facility will be the biggest in East and central Africa
u don't have any IQ rating at all. owerri is in imo state which has the total population. it 27 local governments nd owerri is the capital center which is not up to 100 000
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by edon21: 9:14am On Jan 29, 2019
rvp2018:
Nakuru city - a city of less than 250k - again that is like 6 times less populated than Owerri.
compare that with calabar and tell the result
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 9:14am On Jan 29, 2019
Hahaha.Omo state had 3,927,563 in 2006 - 10yrs later maybe we can say it 5M. Owerri the city has 1.5M living in the slumpolis and it look really shitty.
edon21:

u don't have any IQ rating at all. owerri is in imo state which has the total population. it 27 local governments nd owerri is the capital center which is not up to 100 000
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 9:16am On Jan 29, 2019
rvp20182:
Nairobi is the international media HQ..so journalists have to fly from Nairobi to Maiduguri Nigeria which so much hassle they rather do stories in Nairobi.

Sorry for being late to pass my condolence to every Kenyan citizen for the attack of Al Shabbab.

But I don't think your statement is right. Because when you think about it, Ethiopia is right next to Kenya but still the issues of Ethiopia are not being told

Kur17, probably it's because the countries you have mentioned including Nigeria has been having hard times for a very long time now that hearing bad news from there is now a habit. No one reports every time a gun is shot in Syria because it happens all the time. Maybe it would be a news if these countries settled

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 9:17am On Jan 29, 2019
rvp2018:
Woah - the road reserve must be huge. Eldoret really need the by-pass. I don't there has been any progress there.
There are 2 by passes that are in progress... 1 at the junction near Moi University & Cheptiret and the other one at the Eldoret-Kitale-Uganda rd at Maili tisa junction. The reason why the latter is progressing in due time is because the land sits on Eldoret barracks land and no issues of land compensation has delayed it. It will be completed due this year.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by edon21: 9:17am On Jan 29, 2019
rvp2018:
Hahaha.Omo state had 3,927,563 in 2006 - 10yrs later maybe we can say it 5M. Owerri the city has 1.5M living in the slumpolis and it look really shitty.

get me busia.
current pics of owerri is better than eldoret. take it or leave it
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 9:18am On Jan 29, 2019
I am going to leave it.
edon21:

get me busia.
current pics of owerri is better than eldoret. take it or leave it
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 9:19am On Jan 29, 2019
It's called respect.Nigerians sent envoys to Nairobi from Buhari's office to show their support. We should do the same to them I guess!

Look at the EU and HOW THEY RESPONDED to the Kenya attack!

EU block is the biggest source of Kenya’s foreign tourists and investments.

First Counselor in the EU delegation to Kenya Walter Tretton Monday said Kenyan security agencies’ rapid response to last week’s attack had proved their capabilities to handle the militants.

The handling of the siege, Mr Tretton said, should offer EU nationals an assurance of safety when visiting the country.

Widespread praise

Security agencies responding to the terror attack received widespread praise for their efforts that led to the rescue of rescue of more than 700 people.

https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/EU-tells-tourists-Nairobi-is-safe-despite-terror-attack/539546-4945600-jnk3kf/index.html

Kur17:

I've always wondered why the world is not taking some countries like Nigeria, Sudan, Ethiopia, Zimbabwe etc seriously. The same week Kenya had a terrorist attack, hundreds of Nigerians/soldiers were killed but we only heard of it thru social media... Is it that a Nigerian life doesn't have value or what...
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by edon21: 9:20am On Jan 29, 2019
owerri

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 9:21am On Jan 29, 2019
Fact is most of international media have their Africa or at least regional HQ in Nairobi - CNN, Reuters, BBC, Chinese, name them.

Ethiopia and Nigeria also don't have freedom of press you find in Nairobi. International media cannot just go and report.

Also kenya terrorism normally target western interests - so obviously there is interest in international media.

ednited:

Sorry for being late to pass my condolence to every Kenyan citizen for the attack of Al Shabbab.

But I don't think your statement is right. Because when you think about it, Ethiopia is right next to Kenya but still the issues of Ethiopia are not being told

Kur17, probably it's because the countries you have mentioned including Nigeria has been having hard times for a very long time now that hearing bad news from there is now a habit. No one reports every time a gun is shot in Syria because it happens all the time. Maybe it would be a news if these countries settled
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by edon21: 9:22am On Jan 29, 2019
Jonraid:
It's called respect.Nigerians sent envoys to Nairobi from Buhari's office to show their support. We should do the same to them I guess!

Look at the EU and HOW THEY RESPONDED to the Kenya attack!

EU block is the biggest source of Kenya’s foreign tourists and investments.

First Counselor in the EU delegation to Kenya Walter Tretton Monday said Kenyan security agencies’ rapid response to last week’s attack had proved their capabilities to handle the militants.

The handling of the siege, Mr Tretton said, should offer EU nationals an assurance of safety when visiting the country.

Widespread praise

Security agencies responding to the terror attack received widespread praise for their efforts that led to the rescue of rescue of more than 700 people.

https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/EU-tells-tourists-Nairobi-is-safe-despite-terror-attack/539546-4945600-jnk3kf/index.html

the world is concerned even in Nigeria s election.
y won't they be concerned about Kenya when Kenya is their colony
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 9:25am On Jan 29, 2019
rvp2018:
Fact is most of international media have their Africa or at least regional HQ in Nairobi - CNN, Reuters, BBC, Chinese, name them.

Ethiopia and Nigeria also don't have freedom of press you find in Nairobi. International media cannot just go and report.

Also kenya terrorism normally target western interests - so obviously there is interest in international media.

Remember we have press freedom now. Trust me, it's not about the international media. Let it not happen but if Kenya become messed up, no more news
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by edon21: 9:26am On Jan 29, 2019
see

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 9:26am On Jan 29, 2019
I think you're confusing 1) by-pass and 2) Inter-change. I think by-pass start from somewhere before eldoret - Cheplaskei - then emerges in railway junction Leseru/Juakali.
Kenyanstar:

There are 2 by passes that are in progress... 1 at the junction near Moi University & Cheptiret and the other one at the Eldoret-Kitale-Uganda rd at Maili tisa junction. The reason why the latter is progressing in due time is because the land sits on Eldoret barracks land and no issues of land compensation has delayed it. It will be completed due this year.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 9:31am On Jan 29, 2019
edon21:

every time if not Chinese then British etc
show us Kenyan s

Let's put this argument to rest once and for all.

Here is a list of complete towers with over 100m height in Nairobi with their owners.

1. Britam Tower (200m) - Britam Kenya Insurance - Kenyans
2. UAP Tower (163m) - UAP Kenya -Old Mutual Insurance - Kenyans
3. Times Tower (140m)- Kenya Revenue Authority - GOK
4. Prism Tower (133m) - Kings Developers - Kenyans
5. LeMac Tower (126m) - Mark Properties - Kenyans
6. Teleposta Tower (120m) - Postal Corporation of Kenya - GOK
7. KCB Tower (109m) - Kenya Commercial Bank - GOK
8. Kenyatta International Conference Center (105m) - GOK
9. Social Security House (103m) - NSSF Kenya - Kenyan Pensioners
10. One Africa Tower (100m) - Palazzo Limited Kenya - Kenyans

Out of the 10 complete skyscrapers in Kenya, 10 are owned by Kenyans. Now lets see what's going on with Lagos' 5 complete skyscrapers

1. Necom Tower (160m) - Ministry of Communication - GON
2. Union Bank Building (124m) - Nigeria Union Bank - Union Global Partners Limited and Atlas Mara - British
3. Intercontinental House Lagos (105m) - Intercontinental Hotels - British
4. Independence House (100m) - GON
5. CBN Lagos (100m) - Central Bank of Nigeria - GON

Now see, out of your 5 complete skyscrapers Nigerians only own 3 while Kenyans own all the 10 complete skyscrapers in Nairobi yet you keep on insulting Kenyans for having their buildings owned by the Chinese. Worse still, the 3 EKO Towers that are almost complete and set to raise your count to eight are all foreign-owned - by the Lebanese. You Nigerians are such hypocrites.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 9:31am On Jan 29, 2019
1. When will the election in Kenya take place?
I haven't heard a Kenyan opposing Uhuru Kenyatta that much but you think that man is doing great??
Are you guys sure that there is democracy in your country. I do know there is a big press freedom but still. . .

Be free to say what you feel because in this thread it's like 'If I tell the truth, they will make fun of my country'

And plus, I heard South Africa, Kenya and one other African country is uniting on the Airline industry. Is it true??
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ibrahimanis: 9:34am On Jan 29, 2019
2016 Nigeria ranked above Kenya in CPI

2017 Kenya ranked above Nigeria

2018 guess what? grin

Lets call a truce
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 9:34am On Jan 29, 2019
TayserMahri:

Africans are like bulls in a bullpen. They have to fight when put together (by all means) even if it means fighting over nothing.

Like you I also have some of that one LOVE thingy and wish to give a shout out to all my African bros n sis; One love Naija, One Love Ghana, One Love SA,,,,

Fvck Tanzania! sad
You started well,but you ended up like real kiberan
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 9:36am On Jan 29, 2019
edon21:
see

If I may ask. . why is U.S.A fighting for democracy? Do they really want democracy or what democracy could cause. Not always do democracy has a good outcome. They force you to give democracy then shape the media for people to fight eachother. You block media, then they come back and press you.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by edon21: 9:37am On Jan 29, 2019
NairobiWalker:

Here is a list of complete towers with over 100m height in Nairobi with their owners.

Out of the 10 complete skyscrapers in Kenya, 10 are owned by Kenyans. Now lets see what's going on with Lagos' 5 complete skyscrapers

2. Union Bank Building (124m) - Nigeria Union Bank - Union Global Partners Limited and Atlas Mara - British

Now see, out of your 5 complete skyscrapers Nigerians only own 3 while Kenyans own all the 10 complete skyscrapers in Nairobi yet you keep on insulting Kenyans for having their buildings owned by the Chinese. Worse still, the 3 EKO Towers that are almost complete and set to raise your count to eight are all foreign-owned - by the Lebanese. You Nigerians are such hypocrites.
lies. . just searched one
the others are the same too

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 9:39am On Jan 29, 2019
NairobiWalker:

What a lie! Is old mutual a Kenyan or south African company? Is Britam tower owned by Kenyans? Is mark properties who owns me Mac a Kenyan or Indian?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 9:40am On Jan 29, 2019
Someone said,''Show me a country with no multinationals and I'll show you a poor country"

In as much as we call out our companies and individuals to invest more in home,they also need to invest elsewhere in the continent so as to diversify their income locations thereby consolidating them financially.

This is not only key to them financially speaking but also key to our geopolitics.I love how Equity made forays into the Congo! We need to see more of that!
rvp2018:
On contrary Kenya is Africa Main SOURCE OF FDIs competing with South Africa.

https://www.nation.co.ke/business/Kenya-overtakes-SA-as-biggest-investor-in-African-countries/996-3320992-y8eciaz/index.html

For example:
Kenya overtook South Africa to become the biggest investor in other African countries in terms of the number of projects in 2015.

Kenya invested in 36 projects last year in other parts of the continent against South Africa’s 33, a new study by financial consulting firm Ernst & Young shows.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 9:40am On Jan 29, 2019
Kenya hold elections every 5yrs. Uhuru is on his 2nd and last term so won't be eligible. There is talk of constitutional change to accommodate more political elite and satisfy more tribal interests. We shall see how it pans out - next election will be held in August 2022.

Kenya democracy is obviously amongst the best in Africa. I think Ghana seem definitely ahead of us. Our politics hobbled though by ethnicity - and has a long way to get to isssue-based politics.

Kenya has freedom of press/ name it.

As regard Kenya Airways. I think the big deal breaker if that we are handing our main airport (JKIA -NBO) to kenya Airways like you've done to ET in Bole. That way KQ balance sheet can be butress and can face all these new & old airplines that depend on gov largesses. KQ until it hit the head winds was on it's on - a private company - now it slowly becoming a public company.

KQ will ran JKIA for 30yrs - and that should help them face competition.

South Africa Airways I think is beyond being salvage. We shall see but it's indebted to the eyeballs and has not made profit the last 7yrs.

ednited:
1. When will the election in Kenya take place?
I haven't heard a Kenyan opposing Uhuru Kenyatta that much but you think that man is doing great??
Are you guys sure that there is democracy in your country. I do know there is a big press freedom but still. . .

Be free to say what you feel because in this thread it's like 'If I tell the truth, they will make fun of my country'

And plus, I heard South Africa, Kenya and one other African country is uniting on the Airline industry. Is it true??

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 9:41am On Jan 29, 2019
rvp2018:
I think you're confusing 1) by-pass and 2) Inter-change. I think by-pass start from somewhere before eldoret - Cheplaskei - then emerges in railway junction Leseru/Juakali.
INTERCHANGE
Maili tisa & Cheplaskei
BYPASS
Northern by pass- Marura-Kimumu- Kiplombe through Baharini upto Matunda
Southern by pass- Cheptiret- Annex- Kapsaret- Maili nne through to juakali.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3171) (3172) (3173) (3174) (3175) (3176) (3177) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.