Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,626 members, 7,865,543 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:10 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (3190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6295056 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3187) (3188) (3189) (3190) (3191) (3192) (3193) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 10:06am On Jan 31, 2019
rvp2018:
When you artist stops running to South Africa to shoot videos then start talking. The thing is South Africa is developing a world class film & studio industry that can compete with Hollywood. You can hope become a world power through half-hearted measures - slummish ideas - will not turn world class. I had rather you invited the whites to help develop the industry than trying to stumble through. That is how the rest of world did. China did it..and they understudied the whites & took over.

You are right Nigerian artists shoot all they videos in south africa
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by dadark: 10:08am On Jan 31, 2019
tylann:

South African movies have better quality than your witchcraft nonsense
You are embrassing Africa with your poor quality movies

then dont watch them....who dey beg you to watch....??

if you dont like it,then dont watch it....
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by dadark: 10:09am On Jan 31, 2019
tylann:

Don't mention Kenya and Nigeria on the same line
We beat that world poverty capital in every development index

and you are continental poverty capital....

duhhh....
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jonraid2: 10:10am On Jan 31, 2019
I don't drink but since you mentioned beer,here is Africa's best beer brand! cool
theenchanter:
yeah, even the big Indian knows this.

A big bottle of beer to d big Indian, fvck d lil ones. grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by dadark: 10:11am On Jan 31, 2019
tylann:

If your country is a shithole not every country is a shithole

kenya is a shitthole....facts dont lie....
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 10:11am On Jan 31, 2019
rvp2018:
When you artist stops running to South Africa to shoot videos then start talking. The thing is South Africa is developing a world class film & studio industry that can compete with Hollywood. You can hope become a world power through half-hearted measures - slummish ideas - will not turn world class. I had rather you invited the whites to help develop the industry than trying to stumble through. That is how the rest of world did. China did it..and they understudied the whites & took over.

Nigerian artists shoot their videos across d globe, SA is not even up to 1% of their destination.

I feel like giving u an e-slap with that china gibberish u posted.
tylann:

You are right Nigerian artists shoot all they videos in south africa
all their videos, they even shoot in the US than SA.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by dadark: 10:12am On Jan 31, 2019
rvp2018:
Mombasa Island - the old town and business district.

looks like a shitthole....
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 10:13am On Jan 31, 2019
jonraid2:
I don't drink but since you mentioned beer,here is Africa's best beer brand! cool
u mean Kenya's best brand? Or perhaps, East africa's best brand.

Guy, drink beer, its good for d soul. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by dadark: 10:13am On Jan 31, 2019
edon21:

what's the name of Kenya s movie industry please

kenchangaawood....
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 10:14am On Jan 31, 2019
dadark:

and you are continental poverty capital....

duhhh....

grin desperate fellow
The one and only poverty capital
In the world
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 10:15am On Jan 31, 2019
dadark:

kenya is a shitthole....facts dont lie....

Poor boy cry
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by dadark: 10:16am On Jan 31, 2019
tylann:

grin desperate fellow
The one and only poverty capital
In the world

a slumpolian wan say something....
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 10:16am On Jan 31, 2019
Kenyanstar:
KENYA
After the successful breach of one of the longest tunnel in Africa the start of laying of the tracks is well on course.
I told u kiberans,We have these tunnels since in the olden days of Nyerere.It was in the 70's when we had our first tunnels. Now days we are more focused on speed! A tunnel or railway pillars isn't a news to us! This is TZ Tazara railway network built more than 40 years ago!

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jonraid2: 10:16am On Jan 31, 2019
I mean Africa's best beer brand,the company making it has been around since 1922!
theenchanter:
u mean Kenya's best brand? Or perhaps, East africa's best brand.

Guy, drink beer, its good for d soul. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by dadark: 10:16am On Jan 31, 2019
tylann:

Poor boy cry

poor man....
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 10:16am On Jan 31, 2019
rvp2018:
Ethiopia pay 20-50 dollars a month.Their power cost 3-6 cents. We cannot compete with them on low cost manufacturing. And that is the challenge. I think we need to go the Germany way - cottage industries built on strength of vocational training. The SEZ/EPZ are good - for raising exports - but ultimately we have to find something that uniquely works for us.
You are correct @ bolded. Kudos for your honesty.grin. There's no way you can outcompete Ethiopia on manufacturing, especially low wage manufacturing, which is actually the backbone of any third world country. The major reasons are these, pay attention grin:
*Ethiopia, despite opening up its market late, is more organized than little India. For manufacturing alone, they have 5 new state of the art eco friendly industrial parks. This is something Kenya and other African countries need to learn from Ethiopia.

*Ethiopia is less corrupt than Kenya by far. Who wouldn't want to invest in such a place. Ethiopia is 144 out of 175 countries on the latest corruption index. Kenya is a miserable 144. That's why investors are holding fast to their purses. grin if na you nko?

*Ethiopian manufacturing started long ago. They have a serious headstart above Kenya. Ethiopia's long history of textile and garment began in 1939 with its first modern textile factory. At that time, most Kenyans were still running wild buck.nakedd. grin

* Today, textile is a booming sector in Ethiopia. Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, Hela,etc all make clothing there.

* Population. That influences markets. grin

* Ethiopian Airways is playing a significant role in Ethiopia's economy. It's Africa's largest and fastest growing airways. And it's profitable unlike the corruption ridden, basket case loss making Kenya airways which continues to drain tax payer's money. grin

*Oh, and this: the Ethiopians are not arrogant like you people. They stooped low to make peace with Eritrea. And they are about to have access to Assab and Massawa ports again. This would really impact economy of Ethiopia in days to come.

*Electric power is another thing Ethiopia is really working on with the construction of a new huge dam. grin

*Tanzania is working against you. Don't underrate Tanzanians. grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 10:17am On Jan 31, 2019
theenchanter:
Nigerian artists shoot their videos across d globe, SA is not even up to 1% of their destination.

I feel like giving u an e-slap with that china gibberish u posted.all their videos, they even shoot in the US than SA.

Why do they shoot away from home
Because your cities look shifty
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by dadark: 10:17am On Jan 31, 2019
kenyan electric is lamps and firewood....
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jonraid2: 10:17am On Jan 31, 2019
How long are your tunnels though? Can a double-decker bus be transported under those tunnels?
Kazikazi:
I told u kiberans,We have these tunnels since in the olden days of Nyerere.It was in the 70's when we had our first tunnels. Now days we are more focused on speed! A tunnel or railway pillars isn't a news to us!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 10:18am On Jan 31, 2019
jonraid2:
I mean Africa's best beer brand,the company making it has been around since 1922!
i haven't heard about it here in West Africa.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 10:20am On Jan 31, 2019
tylann:

Why do they shoot away from home
Because your cities look shifty
its like u're here as a troll.

Majority of Nigerian videos are shot in nigeria but if they shoot outside nigeria, SA is far from choice.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by dadark: 10:21am On Jan 31, 2019
obaaderemi:
You are correct @ bolded. Kudos for your honesty.grin. There's no way you can outcompete Ethiopia on manufacturing, especially low wage manufacturing, which is actually the backbone of any third world country. The major reasons are these, pay attention grin:
*Ethiopia, despite opening up its market late, is more organized than little India. For manufacturing alone, they have 5 new state of the art eco friendly industrial parks. This is something Kenya and other African countries need to learn from Ethiopia.

*Ethiopia is less corrupt than Kenya by far. Who wouldn't want to invest in such a place. Ethiopia is 144 out of 175 countries on the latest corruption index. Kenya is a miserable 144. That's why investors are holding fast to their purses. grin if na you nko?

*Ethiopian manufacturing started long ago. They have a serious headstart above Kenya. Ethiopia's long history of textile and garment began in 1939 with its first modern textile factory. At that time, most Kenyans were still running wild buck.nakedd. grin

* Today, textile is a booming sector in Ethiopia. Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, Hela,etc all make clothing there.

* Ethiopian Airways is playing a significant role in Ethiopia's economy. It's Africa's largest and fastest growing airways. And it's profitable unlike the corruption ridden, basket case loss making Kenya airways which continues to drain tax payer's money. grin

*Oh, and this: the Ethiopians are not arrogant like you people. They stooped low to make peace with Eritrea. And they are about to have access to Assab and Massawa ports again. This would really impact economy of Ethiopia in days to come.

*Electric power is another thing Ethiopia is really working on with the construction of a new huge dam. grin

while they are wagglin their tiny kenyan diccks on kenya airways,nigeria has many private airways...

nigeria airways is just pride stuff....actualy not necessery no more....

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 10:21am On Jan 31, 2019
Kazikazi:
I told u kiberans,We have these tunnels since in the olden days of Nyerere.It was in the 70's when we had our first tunnels. Now days we are more focused on speed! A tunnel or railway pillars isn't a news to us! This is TZ Tazara railway network built more than 40 years ago!
Wow @ that last picture. You could earn a lot of foreign exchange shooting movies with all these stuffs you got in TZ.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by dadark: 10:23am On Jan 31, 2019
jonraid2:
How long are your tunnels though? Can a double-decker bus be transported under those tunnels?

chaiii,why would you want to transport a double-decker bus through a tunnel....??

the bus broke down or what....??

nawa for you kenyans....
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 10:26am On Jan 31, 2019
rvp2018:
Interesting. I am excited by the private sector activity around steeel & cement production. I cannot say the same about GoK funded EPZ/SEZs. I don't think Dongo Kundu or Naivasha or Athi have started. There was big talk of Leather Industry at Kenaine - Athi River - but where is it now. I know in Edloret - Langat's SEZ with Pearl River China is off ground.

So I am still not up-beat about improving our manufacturing back to where it was few ago - when it was 17% of GDP. Now it 8% and probably going down.

Anyway I do hope Matiangi can make things move. Dongo Kundu - with new road - and lying few meters from current port & railway - should be easy win.

dongo kundu??
Pwopwopwopwo...
Where the names finished?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jonraid2: 10:26am On Jan 31, 2019
And all that mentioned,we are still the gateway to the East and Central Africa.Let's see if their devaluation of the birr will do them good this time!
obaaderemi:

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by dadark: 10:27am On Jan 31, 2019
ghannnnaaaaa....!!!!

where them dey....??

oya,come and get your daily bashings....
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 10:27am On Jan 31, 2019
rvp2018:
Tanzanians are just crazy.

“We should build a wall along the border with Tanzania! I think this is the best time for Kenyans to wake up on the four agendas. Promote trade and manufacturing within. #fairTradeKe ,” a Ruth (@Agribusiness 360) tweeted.

“Hostility within the East African Community is metered out to Kenyans mainly by Tanzania. Even if Tanzania is claiming to protect its citizens from better economies, there is no need of violating the rights of Kenyan citizens living in Tanzania,” wrote Victor Mochere.

Tanzania’s hardball is part of the reasons Kenya’s exports in EAC declined by 30 percent from USD 1.6 billion to USD 1.1 billion in the period 2012 to 2017 while imports have expanded by 60 percent from USD 0.4 billion to USD 0.6 billion in the same period.

https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/economy/Kenyans-attack-Tanzania-on-social-media/3946234-4956866-qq5ebyz/index.html
Wow! The bolded confirms what Kazikazi has been saying here since. Thank you for finally admitting you need Tanzania more than Tanzania needs Little India.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by dadark: 10:28am On Jan 31, 2019
jonraid2:
And all that mentioned,we are still the gateway to the East and Central Africa.Let's see if their devaluation of the birr will do them good this time!

gateway to slumpolis....

kiiiki....

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 10:29am On Jan 31, 2019
obaaderemi:
Wow @ that last picture. You could earn a lot of foreign exchange shooting movies with all these stuffs you got in TZ.
You are a real man! I didn't think that way. I will give this idea to some dudes

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jonraid2: 10:29am On Jan 31, 2019
In short,the Tanzanian small tunnels can't accommodate double-stacked containers!
dadark:

chaiii,why would you want to transport a double-decker bus through a tunnel....??

the bus broke down or what....??

nawa for you kenyans....
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 10:29am On Jan 31, 2019
jonraid2:
Their economy is growing as fast as a bullet train. Its going to mash you up very soon. grin 8.5% growth and above for more than 10 years! Only Nigeria can achieve that in sub Sahara Africa.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3187) (3188) (3189) (3190) (3191) (3192) (3193) ... (9933)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.