Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,228 members, 7,864,219 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:43 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6292166 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 08, 2017
Nowenuse:

Why are your few artistes featuring many of our artistes into their songs? How many Nigerian artistes have featured SA artistes?
you are failing to see the angle here....SA artists that feature Naija artists in their music want to penetrate your market through those artists,they do it because they have a motive and that's that

To be honest with you I don't know of a single South African artist that had collaborated with a Naija artist and the song being the biggest hit in the country
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by bantudra: 2:12pm On Apr 08, 2017
Nowenuse:

I just tire for this people o. They spend day and nights searching for Nigeria's faults and weakpoints. I just can't believe that some Africans are this stupid.
Half of the people of their capital city Nairobi live in slums unfit for even pigs to the extent that their slums have been attracting all manners of foreign aids and humanitarian groups and that does not bother them, what disturbs them is Nigeria's issue.

Do u know that till now they guy cannot provide the list of the 47 so called kenyan counties and their administrative capital cities (and their populations) which he compared with Nigeria's 36 states? I am now wondering the kind of individuals we are wasting our time with here.

@TayserMahiri, i am still waiting for you! Are you telling me that you dont know about Kenya at all or is there a problem?
Am i wrong for asking you to give me the list of the 47 Kenyan counties and their administrative capital cities? I want to know more about Kenyan cities. I want to learn about the 47 administrative cities of Kenyan counties!!! If you cannot provide this, then i really don't know what me or other people viewing this thread will label you!

i dont even understand sef why nigerians are wasting their time with kenya...

we should be comparing ourselfs with egypt,not kenya and south africa.....

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 2:54pm On Apr 08, 2017
Jayceon:
you are failing to see the angle here....SA artists that feature Naija artists in their music want to penetrate your market through those artists,they do it because they have a motive and that's that

To be honest with you I don't know of a single South African artist that had collaborated with a Naija artist and the song being the biggest hit in the country

Soweto baby btw Dj Maphorisa and Wizkid, received 3 nominations and won at last years MAMA awards (biggest music award in Africa). Show me any SA song or artiste which received as much nominations from last years award.
That is just one. Many others.
Why don't your artistes go and feature Kenyan or other East African artistes? What abt Zimbabwean, Zambian, Malawian artistes who are your neighbours? Are u saying no market in these areas?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 3:08pm On Apr 08, 2017
TayserMahiri:

If we started comparing county/state capitals, beginning with Nairobi and Lagos, they would want us to start elsewhere where they think they stand a chance.
Great one TayserMahiri Fidha254 and others on the lie about kenya being less banked than others. Repeating a lie doesnt a fact make. Thanks guys. You also didnt mention the agent banking phenomenon which renders visiting a bank for deposits/withdrawals even more meaningless, talk less of banking apps/mobile money.

As per my earlier ,and as yet unanswered query, how does the average nigerian living in a town of any size worth mentioning get water into his/her tap? Where does it come from? Also, i would like to know the situation regarding sanitation viz. is there treatment of wastewater etc?

Serious responders only, thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 4:35pm On Apr 08, 2017
MtuMsuper:

Great one TayserMahiri Fidha254 and others on the lie about kenya being less banked than others. Repeating a lie doesnt a fact make. Thanks guys. You also didnt mention the agent banking phenomenon which renders visiting a bank for deposits/withdrawals even more meaningless, talk less of banking apps/mobile money.

As per my earlier ,and as yet unanswered query, how does the average nigerian living in a town of any size worth mentioning get water into his/her tap? Where does it come from? Also, i would like to know the situation regarding sanitation viz. is there treatment of wastewater etc?

Serious responders only, thanks.

IIRC,you asked this twice last year. They blinked once,then again and continued screaming,crying and throwing the contents of Dangote's underwear drawer at us.
Best of luck!

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 4:37pm On Apr 08, 2017
You keep asking for our 47 counties,why IDK. Here!

Baringo County
Bomet County
Bungoma County
Busia County
Elgeyo Marakwet County
Embu County
Garissa County
Homa Bay County
Isiolo County
Kajiado County
Kakamega County
Kericho County
Kiambu County
Kilifi County
Kirinyaga County
Kisii County
Kisumu County
Kitui County
Kwale County
Laikipia County
Lamu County
Machakos County
Makueni County
Mandera County
Meru County
Migori County
Marsabit County
Mombasa County
Muranga County
Nairobi County
Nakuru County
Nandi County
Narok County
Nyamira County
Nyandarua County
Nyeri County
Samburu County
Siaya County
Taita Taveta County
Tana River County
Tharaka Nithi County
Trans Nzoia County
Turkana County
Uasin Gishu County
Vihiga County
Wajir County
West Pokot County

https://softkenya.com/kenya/counties-in-kenya/

What do you want this info? Srsly.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 4:51pm On Apr 08, 2017
Fidha254:

It seems the stats might have confused you alittle bit, you are trying to argue with facts....... You cannot argue with fatcs especially the one from world bank.... It doesn't Matter how many bank branches you have currently, they are not enough for your customers..
The fact of the matter is their is a ratio of 5.9 banks for ever 100,000 citizens in Kenya
While the ratio in Nigeria is in Nigeria is 4.9 bank branches per 100,000 citizens

To put it in other words using the ratios of 4.9 and 5.9 with the population of the two countries.......
Nigeria has 8,800 branches for its 180 Million population
Kenya has 2,700 Branches for its 45 Million population

If Nigeria were to have the same ratio of banks to citizens as Kenya(5.9:100K), Nigeria will need to have 10,600 branches. That is, set up 1,800 new branches countrywide so as to have the same ratio of distribution as Kenya.....

Do you understand now or do you need more explanation.... If its not clear i can use a different example

As for Mpesa and the way it has revolutionize how we do stuff in this side of the continent .......... What technologies can Nigeria say it has pioneered of modified to help change the whole perspective around e-transaction?? if its e-commerce, it already exists, if its M-Banking...its not a new technology, it exists everywhere already...

If you think Mobile money failed then prepaire to be disapointed... once Mpesa succeeded a whole new industry emerged centered around it ......
Ask yourself why international organizations that deal with Mobile technology are increasingly setting up their African HQ in Kenya...

GSMA the organisation that deals with SIM cards and telecomunication network protocols Nairobi office is HQ for Africa
Google ---Africa
Nokia research Lab in Nairobi ---Covers Africa,India and Middle East
Qualcomm -the tech company that make phone chips --- Sus saharan Africa

And IBM research lab - This guys have made the most significant move..... In future all those merchant payments and e-transaction you make through VISA, Mastercard, Paypal and any Mobile banking transaction overseas will be rerouted to servers in Kenya .... The future of global electronic transaction will happen of mobile phones, and nowhere else has this revolution made headway than in Kenya.... And they know it

a $2.5 Billion Mainframe will be officially coming online in 2018 give or take to the commercial maret. You think IBM a company that has survived centuries of competition and innovations would just poor out a whooping 2+ billion dollars if they din't see a future... I mean they have an AI (watson) that can predict the future for god's sakes! you can't argue with them..
Besides, Do you think IBM just woke up one day and decided oh, I have an idea, lets go to Africa and build the most powerful server for encrypted transactions ever built, but lets skip Nigeria which has a bigger e-commerce/e-transaction market, lets also skip more technologically advanced economies such as SA,Egypt,Algeria....lets go to this tiny market called Kenya that has nothing ..
Do you think thats how they arrived at their decision?

Naijjans,pls hold on a minute. Do you realise what a game changer move this is in terms of e commerce,technology and greater soft power via increased national visibility?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Pavore9: 5:23pm On Apr 08, 2017
So this thread is still breathing! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 08, 2017
Nowenuse:

Soweto baby btw Dj Maphorisa and Wizkid, received 3 nominations and won at last years MAMA awards (biggest music award in Africa). Show me any SA song or artiste which received as much nominations from last years award.
That is just one. Many others.
Why don't your artistes go and feature Kenyan or other East African artistes? What abt Zimbabwean, Zambian, Malawian artistes who are your neighbours? Are u saying no market in these areas?
I get that you are just being patriotic all that but c'mon dude,we need to draw a line sometimes.That song Maphorisa did with Wizkid was always going to be a hit with or without Wiz..not to mention his part in the song is so insignificant...wait a minute,did you just say that song was the biggest in the country last year? Lol the song did not receive as much air play as other hit songs that were released in 2016

what many other songs are you talking about?
SA don't work with musicians from those countries you mentioned because those artists don't ask SA artists for features like naija artists do when they are here shooting videos here,you see where I'm going with this?? Naija artist are making themselves available for SA artists,we don't call them from naija
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 08, 2017
Jayceon:
I get that you are just being patriotic all that but c'mon dude,we need to draw a line sometimes.That song Maphorisa did with Wizkid was always going to be a hit with or without Wiz..not to mention his part in the song is so insignificant...wait a minute,did you just say that song was the biggest in the country last year? Lol the song did not receive as much air play as other hit songs that were released in 2016

SA don't work with musicians from those countries you mentioned because those artists don't ask SA artists for features like naija artists do when they are here shooting videos here,you see where I'm going with this?? Naija artist are making themselves available for SA artists,we don't call them from naija

Actually we've collaborated numerous times with Zimbabwe. Ringo featured Oliver Mtukudzi on one of his songs & so did Zahara. I can't remember the rest now. Also, Appleseed is Zimbabwean but joined the South African group Bongo Muffin as part of a trio. Another foreigner is the guy from Liquideep, he's American but does South African house music. Because our music is influential like dat grin

Musically we've been breaking barriers since the time of Noah grin Dj Jayceon can you please post the video Scaterlings of Africa by Johnny Clegg because I feel like dancing tonight grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 6:46pm On Apr 08, 2017
Pavore9:
So this thread is still breathing! cheesy
It has lost its steam.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Pavore9: 6:49pm On Apr 08, 2017
obaaderemi:
It has lost its steam.

People really need to move on, as there are important things to expend time on.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PROVERBZ(m): 7:28pm On Apr 08, 2017
Jayceon:

randz and nairaz

lol this guy is back and now u want to talk music

on a serious note that song is still my favorite even tho it featured kuvuki boys
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 7:49pm On Apr 08, 2017
@fidha254

IBM z13 is not a super computer but a mainframe computer. It means you don't have a super computer yet in that Bush called Kenya.

Only few African countries have super computers and Nigeria is one of them. The fastest super computer currently is in South Africa and this place them among the top 100 fastest super computers in in world.

Most major banks in Nigeria have mainframe in their data centers so if you are just getting 1 good for you but we already have it.

Please always do research properly before posting fault information on this thread. The function of a super computer goes far beyond what a bank need as they are mostly used for research and highly complex calculations.

This area you just brought me to is my field and I will tell you Kenya haven't gotten to that stage yet.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:52pm On Apr 08, 2017
ZarZar:

Actually we've collaborated numerous times with Zimbabwe. Ringo featured Oliver Mtukudzi on one of his songs & so did Zahara. I can't remember the rest now. Also, Appleseed is Zimbabwean but joined the South African group Bongo Muffin as part of a trio. Another foreigner is the guy from Liquideep, he's American but does South African house music. Because our music is influential like dat grin

Musically we've been breaking barriers since the time of Noah grin Dj Jayceon can you please post the video Scaterlings of Africa by Johnny Clegg because I feel like dancing tonight grin
they forget we are the same country that produced the caliber of Yvonne Chaka,Hugh Masekela,Brenda Fasie,the great Lucky Dube,Mariam makeba,etc..I can on and on,and we have the coolest national anthem in the world

Speaking of Johnny Clegg...I love that "Great Heart" song

SA artists have been killing Europian stages and collecting Gramys for eons and now all of a sudden someone thinks we need naija artists Lol
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 08, 2017
Jayceon:
they forget we are the same country that produced the caliber of Yvonne Chaka,Hugh Masekela,Brenda Fasie,the great Lucky Dube,Mariam makeba,etc..I can on and on,and we have the coolest national anthem in the world

SA artists have been killing Europian stages and collecting Gramys for eons and now all of a sudden someone thinks we need naija artists Lol

They're talking Africa but we've crossed not only borders but oceans with our music, not forgetting shattering race barriers to sawdust. Now I'm reminded of Nkalakatha by Mandoza aka party anthem of white South Africans.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 8:23pm On Apr 08, 2017
Jayceon:

Airplay or not, the song had more nominations than any other South African music in the MAMA awards.
How many of DJ maphorisa's music have won awards in MAMA before he featured Wizkid?
So, are Naija artistes the only ones shooting vids in SA?
Our artistes shoot vids around the world not just SA, so that is a very absurd excuse.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 8:34pm On Apr 08, 2017
Jayceon:

ZarZar

Yes. You guys were like the best in Africa in decades past, but you see you later lost it to Congo's Makosa (soukous) music from the mid 90's to mid 2000's. Congo ruled Africa's music for about a decade and now Nigeria has taken over in contemporary times.
Times and seasons change. Afterall Greece was once the world power but today where are they?

Our multi billion entertainment industry by next year is estimated to be worth about $10 billion. I don't think the whole of other African countries put together can beat that.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 08, 2017
Nowenuse:

ZarZar

Yes. You guys were like the best in Africa in decades past, but you see you later lost it to Congo's Makosa (soukous) music from the mid 90's to mid 2000's. Congo ruled Africa's music for about a decade and now Nigeria has taken over in contemporary times.
Times and seasons change. Afterall Greece was once the world power but today where are they?

Our multi billion entertainment industry by next year is estimated to be worth about $10 billion. I don't think the whole of other African countries put together can beat that.

Lol, your opinion. South African music to date is still raking in international awards & not just the kind of awards you use as a back scratcher grin I'm talking Grammys. Because we're original & don't sing in falsetto + autotune cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 8:56pm On Apr 08, 2017
kikuyu1:

Naijjans,pls hold on a minute. Do you realise what a game changer move this is in terms of e commerce,technology and greater soft power via increased national visibility?

You and fidha254 are dummies.

When carrying out a research their are metrics and assumptions. As long as you can't bring of those conditions it remains a statement.

I just gave you links that shows major banks in kenya only have 33 branches and 90 ATMs for the whole country and I've showed you Nigeria banks with over 750 branches, another with over 500+ branches and some with 330 branches. Now most of your banks have less than 100 branches and your population is almost 50 million while ours is around 180 million. So tell us how that report is correct without giving us the metrics and assumptions used.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:12pm On Apr 08, 2017
Nowenuse:

Airplay or not, the song had more nominations than any other South African music in the MAMA awards.
How many of DJ maphorisa's music have won awards in MAMA before he featured Wizkid?
So, are Naija artistes the only ones shooting vids in SA?
Our artistes shoot vids around the world not just SA, so that is a very absurd excuse.
mr!!! Maphorisa was already a huge name looong before he met your boy wiz.it was Maphorisa who produced "one dance" or whatever the the title of the song is and they shot the video in Soweto.I really don't follow the MAMAs like that nor do I even care to find out who won what,Maphorisa's achievements have nothing to do with wiz
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 08, 2017
ZarZar:

They're talking Africa but we've crossed not only borders but oceans with our music, not forgetting shattering race barriers to sawdust. Now I'm reminded of Nkalakatha by Mandoza aka party anthem of white South Africans.
that song was also big in Nigeria
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 08, 2017
Jayceon:
that song was also big in Nigeria

You don't say grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 08, 2017
Nowenuse:

ZarZar

this whole post is a joke

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:29pm On Apr 08, 2017
ZarZar:

You don't say grin
it was,just ask a honest(rare breed) nigerian and he/she will tell you
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 08, 2017
Jayceon:
it was,just ask a honest(rare breed) nigerian and he/she will tell you

Lol @ rare breed.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 08, 2017
bantudra:

i dont even understand sef why nigerians are wasting their time with kenya...

we should be comparing ourselfs with egypt,not kenya and south africa.....

At least you know both your countries (egypt, naija) are in endless chaos
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 08, 2017
ZarZar:

Lol @ rare breed.
cool

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 08, 2017
Nowenuse:

There are many S.A collabos with East African Artists

Sauti Sol Ft Mi Casa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmJ_rMCElvk

AKA Ft. Diamond Platnumz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2Ogjumlcm0

I think AKA is among the best rappers in Africa currently, together with Khaligraph Jones
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by UncleJJ(m): 2:11am On Apr 09, 2017
TayserMahiri:

That was excellent, until you reached at "It's not the Nos of banks but how much are in it's vaults". Kenya has 36.4 % of its money in its vaults, while Nigeria only has 17.9 %. Don't tell me this is why you put the thing as a link? Apart from the absolute terms, which we agree Nigeria has its oil and population going for it, in actual stocks relative to what the economy makes, kenya has double percentage-wise. That actually tells you there is something really wrong with Nigeria, because where is the rest of the money? There aren't many, if any, mega projects we can say the money is going to. Which tells you that the GDP figures are very suspect. Could be the reason you guys are devaluing the naira that much? Because the naira is being forced to do something.

@TayserMahiri
GDP
Nigeria: 570B USD (2014), where bank deposits is 92.5B USD i.e 17.9% of Nigeria's GDP
Kenya: 61B USD (2014), where bank deposits are 22.2B USD i.e 36.4% of Kenya's GDP

Nigeria's depositors funds is greater than the GDP of Kenya. 1.5 times more shocked

That actually tells you there is something really wrong with Nigeria, because where is the rest of the money?
Were talking about GDP here Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is a monetary measure of the market value of all final goods and services produced in a period (quarterly or yearly).

There aren't many, if any, mega projects we can say the money is going to.
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/03/09/1-2bn-debt-three-nigerian-banks-move-to-take-over-etisalat/
$1.2bn Debt: Three Nigerian Banks Move to Take over Etisalat

Could be the reason you guys are devaluing the naira that much?
Naira has not been devalued. undecided .

I wont talk to you again. Your not on my level intellectually ! angry
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:31am On Apr 09, 2017
TayserMahiri:

There are many S.A collabos with East African Artists

Sauti Sol Ft Mi Casa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmJ_rMCElvk

AKA Ft. Diamond Platnumz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2Ogjumlcm0

I think AKA is among the best rappers in Africa currently, together with Khaligraph Jones
thank you sir!! That guy really thinks naija artists are awesome

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by sHOTdownHawk: 7:48am On Apr 09, 2017
UncleJJ:

@TayserMahiri
GDP
Nigeria: 570B USD (2014), where bank deposits is 92.5B USD i.e 17.9% of Nigeria's GDP
Kenya: 61B USD (2014), where bank deposits are 22.2B USD i.e 36.4% of Kenya's GDP

Nigeria's depositors funds is greater than the GDP of Kenya. 1.5 times more shocked

Were talking about GDP here Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is a monetary measure of the market value of all final goods and services produced in a period (quarterly or yearly).

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/03/09/1-2bn-debt-three-nigerian-banks-move-to-take-over-etisalat/
$1.2bn Debt: Three Nigerian Banks Move to Take over Etisalat

Naira has not been devalued. undecided .

I wont talk to you again. Your not on my level intellectually ! angry

What a rebutal. If this is actually nigerian standard of intellectual, then i hope you r one lonely human being because your level is below shit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (9933)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.