Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (3483) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6181580 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3480) (3481) (3482) (3483) (3484) (3485) (3486) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ibrahimanis: 6:59am On Feb 17, 2019
AskiaHarem:
Remember THE PECKING ORDER and don't you forget it! cheesy
sigh. babana, you no de help matter abeg. Chill.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 7:02am On Feb 17, 2019
Kazikazi:
Na nyie msubiri kupewa mikate! Pigeni kelele eti mna GDP kubwa,ukija mda wa uchaguzi mtapewa unga na mkate.Mnafikiri GDP ya kwenye paper inasaidia?

We know who makes noise over cooked figures my friend.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 7:03am On Feb 17, 2019
rvp2018:
Both Nigeria and Ethiopia are leading in ethnic fights - that rarely make news. In Ethiopia and Nigeria - in a week 100 or even 500 people can be killed and thousand displaced in ethnic fights that don't even make international news. Just like it's routine for Boko-Haram to kill so many people and displaced thousands without it ever making news. Election violence are so bad - 65 people got killed in Kaduna and it's like nothing happened.
Because it didn't happen, you idiot. Nigeria has serious problem with ethnic violence but don't believe everything you read on nairaland,especially when it's coming from terrorists like el rufai,the Kaduna governor. But then, We still remember how thousands died during Kenya's election, including babies and how your president was bundled to international court of justice. You always look for an excuse to be bashed. The Ethiopian girl knows what she is talking about.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 7:09am On Feb 17, 2019
chrisagyei:
Vaxx I see you're having difficulty rebutting and correcting this gross error and lie been repeated like a propaganda by this guy.Coke,Sprite,Fanta,Pepsi,Miranda,7 up are all sold for 1 cedi which is less than 70 naira.Ask anyone in Ghana now about it
The dude lies too much. so it is better to let him leave in his oblivion world.

my purpose is to let him continue with his ignorance while those who want to learn will apply critical thinking. How can a coke be sold for 4 cedis when Ghana don't drink orobo coke. the boy doesn't know that there are some items thst are cheaper in Ghana. like a park of st lius sugar(450 gram) which is sold for 600 naira and sold for just half of that price in Ghana at 4 cedis and some other regular product as well

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 7:09am On Feb 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:
Rwanda is without oyinbo, they're still better than you

We built places like uShaka Marine without whites. Hmmm...I wonder how we managed to come up with that idea on our own undecided

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 7:16am On Feb 17, 2019
This is one political hooligans in Nigeria giving out free cooking oil to the masses in exchange of votes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 7:20am On Feb 17, 2019
I am glad it didn't happen.

Obviously we have ethnicity problem that eventually boiled over and about 1K were killed & about half a million displaced in 2007 - but we have taken action. First that ethnic bloodletting gave us new constitution that has devolution (weaker form of federalism) and that gaves us 47 counties that are somewhat independent. Those 47 counties generally mirror the 44 tribes and sub-tribes. And this has lessen the tribal competition for power somewhat.

We also enacted very strong hate speech laws. Forums like Nairaland were shutdown. Nairaland would cease to exists if it was in kenya. We have far-reaching hate speech laws. You cannot use say facebook in Kenya to spread ethnic hate - you'll be picked and charged for spreading hate speech.

You read Nairaland - the amount of ethnic hate speech there - would get Seun in serious trouble in Kenya.The few kenyans in diaspora spread hate speech once in a while but it's now rare - because the police cyber unit will definitely track you.

We have National Cohesion and Integration Commission (NCIC) whose job is to address and reduce inter-ethnic conflicts.

As you can see the difference btw Kenya and Nigeria is day & night. We are a progressive country. You're regressing. If we have a problem - we try to find solutions to it - and not ignore it and hope it will somehow disappear.

obaaderemi:
Because it didn't happen, you idiot. Nigeria has serious problem with ethnic violence but don't believe everything you read on nairaland,especially when it's coming from terrorists like el rufai,the Kaduna governor. But then, We still remember how thousands died during Kenya's election, including babies and how your president was bundled to international court of justice. You always look for an excuse to be bashed. The Ethiopian girl knows what she is talking about.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 7:22am On Feb 17, 2019
chrisagyei:
Vaxx I see you're having difficulty rebutting and correcting this gross error and lie been repeated like a propaganda by this guy.Coke,Sprite,Fanta,Pepsi,Miranda,7 up are all sold for 1 cedi which is less than 70 naira.Ask anyone in Ghana now about it
what size of coke is sold at 1.7cedis? I've been to ghana before.
vaxx:
The dude lies too much. so ir is better to let him leave in his oblivion world.

my purpose is to let him continue with his ignorance while those who want to learn will apply critical thinking. How can a coke be sld for 4 cedis when Ghana don't drink orobo coke. the boy doesn't does not know thst tgere are some items thst are cheaper in Ghsna. like a park of st lius sugar(450 gram) which is sold for 600 naira and sold for just half of that peice in Ghana at 4 cedis and some other regular product.
oh, u talking about the small coke n not d regular 50cl.

There's no commodity in Ghana that's cheaper than what u get in naija, not even a table water!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 7:24am On Feb 17, 2019
A monkey interrupted Kenya's power supply and it became international news. I guess some things are pretty common when it happens elsewhere such that they don't need any reporting! A police officer who clobbered a baby in Kenya has trended in most countries but I guess a police officer who will kill an innocent life in most countries wouldn't even be on the news!
obaaderemi:
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 7:25am On Feb 17, 2019
That looks huge.
XhosaNostra:

We built places like uShaka Marine without whites. Hmmm...I wonder how we managed to come up with that idea on our own undecided
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 7:28am On Feb 17, 2019
rvp2018:
That looks huge.

It is.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 7:29am On Feb 17, 2019
theenchanter:
what size of coke is sold at 1.7cedis? I've been to ghana before.oh, u talking about the small coke n not d regular 50cl.

There's no commodity in Ghana that's cheaper than what u get on naija, not even a table water!
St lius package sugar, palm oil, public transport fare and some few others i can't remember for now. but with the one i mentioned above, Ghana had a reasonable price lower than what is obtainable in Nigeria .

Even the small coke in Nigeria is around 50 buck
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 7:34am On Feb 17, 2019
Kazikazi:
I see how you supports Aaarg Tiku! I think Buhari should try Kenya! That bread can win him anything in kibera.

ednited:

grin grin

Nope, he should try it in Tanzania, there children eat dogshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qnb72q9FG8E
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 7:38am On Feb 17, 2019
Universal Healthcare Coverage is something that our government is keen on. It's already implemented in some counties and soon it will be rolled out all over the country. Affordable healthcare for all is one of our goals!
vaxx:
Ghana goverment adopt the British model. the scheme has cover more than average population of the nation

check it here
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 7:42am On Feb 17, 2019
vaxx:
St lius package sugar, palm oil, public transport fare and some few others i can't remember for now. but with the one i mentioned above, Ghana had a reasonable price lower than what is obtainable in Nigeria .

Even the small coke in Nigeria is around 50 buck
first n foremost, I can't remember d last time I saw a st Louis sugar on d shelf of a supermarket, we have our own brand of sugar that we consume.

Yeah, a 33cl of coke in naija is 50naira, still cheaper than what u get in Ghana.

There's no commodity in Ghana that's cheaper than what u get in naija.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 7:54am On Feb 17, 2019
A nine billion dollar dam? That's almost the 10 billion they collect as annual revenues!

Who will consume all the 2000 plus MW of electricity from that dam? I doubt if they have the capacity to absorb all that. Both Ethiopia and Tanzania are looking towards selling Kenya their electricity. Kenya is on the other hand consolidating its own power production. We ony import power from Uganda during the drought so as to cover our deficit because of the low power output in our hydro plants . We are now building new dams and focusing on geothermal and other renewables, I don't think we will be in this business if importing some little power in the years to come.
tylann:
@ jonraid

Magufuli is busy fooling tanzanians

https://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/business/Tanzania-hydropower-dam-to-cost-more-than-double/2560-4983074-view-asAMP-kdv0g2z/index.html

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 7:57am On Feb 17, 2019
theenchanter:
first n foremost, I can't remember d last time I saw a st Louis sugar on d shelf of a supermarket, we have our own brand of sugar that we consume.

Yeah, a 33cl of coke in naija is 50naira, still cheaper than what u get in Ghana.

There's no commodity in Ghana that's cheaper than what u get in naija.[
This aint true...... And you can use the service of jumia to get your st lius sugar product if you find it difficult to get.And with that, The other commodities i made mentioned above are also cheaper as well. on a buisness level. there are many items smuggled from Ghana by Nigeria buisness men to Nigeria . i will be silent on that ( contact me privately if you are interested).

50 bucks is slightly lower than 1 cedis

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 8:01am On Feb 17, 2019
Jonraid:
A nine billion dollar dam? That's almost the 10 billion they collect as annual revenues!

Who will consume all the 2000 plus MW of electricity from that dam? I doubt if they have the capacity to absorb all that. Both Ethiopia and Tanzania are looking towards selling Kenya their electricity. Kenya is on the other hand consolidating its own power production. We ony import power from Uganda during the drought so as to cover our deficit because of the low power output in our hydro plants . We are now building new dams and focusing on geothermal and other renewables, I don't think we will be in this business if importing some little power in the years to come.

Actually, we no longer import power from Uganda. In the colonial times, Kenya and Uganda were like one country (British East Africa Protectorate), there was only one source of power (Owen Falls Dam) and it was in Uganda. However immediately after independence Kenya started Constructing its own dams (Seven folks) and by the 1980s when they were complete, we were producing more electricity than Uganda and didn't have to import it from Ug.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:01am On Feb 17, 2019
Please dont this nigerian cockroaches ever get finished. Prisons on over the world are full up of them

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 8:03am On Feb 17, 2019
Jonraid:
Universal Healthcare Coverage is something that our government is keen on. It's already implemented in some counties and soon it will be rolled out all over the country. Affordable healthcare for all is one of our goals!
This is what Goverment should focus building instead of cosmetic product just to satisy some national ego.

London has a fewer skyscraper than dubai, but it will be too myopic for anybody to compare dubai and london in terms of development

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 8:05am On Feb 17, 2019
vaxx:
This aint true...... And you can use the service of jumia to get your st lius sugar product if you find it difficult to get.And with that, The other commodities i made mentioned above are also cheaper as well. on a buisness level. there are many items smuggling from Ghana by Nigeria buisness men to Nigeria . i will be silent on that ( contact me privately if you are interested).

50 bucks is slightly lower than 1 cedis
ok
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 8:06am On Feb 17, 2019
vaxx:
i have challenged you for a head count of five star hotel between accra and lagos? winneba is not a city by Ghana standard, but it is by far cleaner and neater than most part of abuja .

we may compare uniabuja vs uni of edu winneba to see.
Why do you always display your illiteracy openly, you this Ghanaian boy? In terms of hotels don't ever mention Ghana and Nigeria again in the same breath! Only the little Indians and South Africans can talk where Nigeria is in sub sahara Africa. grin Take your beer parlour gist away, little boy.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 8:07am On Feb 17, 2019
Precisely. Some of these investments are not well thought out. Kenya is already more than self-sufficient and there are still more investment on the pipeline. Uganda have nearly 1,000MW coming online soon (Karuma dam alone is 600MW) - and yet they are barely consuming 500MW. You can all excess capacity from Ethiopia and Tanzania. Unless East Africa really start doing serious minning, steel manufacturing and such heavy consumers of power - there is already an over-capacity - if you consider the power consumption per capita is very low due to poverty.

We may see a lot of white elephants. Better focus maybe on dams fro water supply and irrigation.

Jonraid:

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 8:07am On Feb 17, 2019
Of course,we don't depend on anyone for elecricity,but the overhead electricity lines that connects both Kenya and Uganda are there to help both countries in assisting each other in power during an emergency or sort! We both assist each other during emergencies in as far as power is concerned !
NairobiWalker:

Actually, we no longer import power from Uganda. In the colonial times, Kenya and Uganda were like one country (British East Africa Protectorate), there was only one source of power (Owen Falls Dam) and it was in Uganda. However immediately after independence Kenya started Constructing its own dams (Seven folks) and by the 1980s when they were complete, we were producing more electricity than Uganda and didn't have to import it from Ug.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 8:13am On Feb 17, 2019
Western Kenya still depend on Jinja - Sondu -no dam reservoir & Turkwel -pokots- has issues!. Uganda makes a kill - selling power at 21kshs a unit. But now I think Ketraco is about done connecting Naivasha's Geothermal to western kenya -. Turkwell was suppose to fill that void but it's been closed for years now due to insecurity problem. It such a shame that such investment - 100MW - of power - cannot be produced because kenya police cannot gurantee the security of Kengen stuff. Sondu Mirru really functions only during rainy season because it doesn't have a reservior dam.

Uganda are going to get in trouble if they don't figure out how to consume 1,000MWs - Karuma dam alone will produce 600MWs - and it cost them nearly 2B dollars!!

Anyway maybe South Africa will eventually buy all the excess power given ANC inability to bring in new power sources down south.

NairobiWalker:

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 8:18am On Feb 17, 2019
This is a priority project. The president actually wants this to be one of his legacies when he vacates the statehouse. Development shouldn't be about roads and mega malls. We are investing more in softer areas such as education and healthcare. When this two areas are consolidated,all the other sectors flourish!
vaxx:
This is what Goverment should focus building instead of cosmetic product just to satisy some national ego.

London has a fewer skyscraper than dubai, but it will be too myopic for anybody to compare dubai. and london in terms of development
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 8:25am On Feb 17, 2019
Jonraid:
[s]A monkey interrupted Kenya's power supply and it became international news. I guess some things are pretty common when it happens elsewhere such that they don't need any reporting! A police officer who clobbered a baby in Kenya has trended in most countries but I guess a police officer who will kill an innocent life in most countries wouldn't even be on the news![/s]
This is silly, to put it mildly. If the news from Nigeria is not international news,then how did you and your brothers hear about it? Remember, everything on nairaland is international news in Kenya. Probably, your politicians are also here.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 8:26am On Feb 17, 2019
Exactly my point! Our government itself is keen on not producing idle power. We are even now going slow on renewables such as solar and wind as we shift focus to geothermal, solar and wind are intermittent sources of power and the government is carefull not to have in excess of this two sources as you can have high windy days and high solar days likewise low windy and solar days hence bringing about the inconsistency of power injections from this two sources to the national grid!
rvp2018:
Precisely. Some of these investments are not well thought out. Kenya is already more than self-sufficient and there are still more investment on the pipeline. Uganda have nearly 1,000MW coming online soon (Karuma dam alone is 600MW) - and yet they are barely consuming 500MW. You can all excess capacity from Ethiopia and Tanzania. Unless East Africa really start doing serious minning, steel manufacturing and such heavy consumers of power - there is already an over-capacity - if you consider the power consumption per capita is very low due to poverty.

We may see a lot of white elephants. Better focus maybe on dams fro water supply and irrigation.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 8:29am On Feb 17, 2019
Jonraid:
This is actually what Africa needs most in addition to universal basic education. Educated and healthy people tend to find solutions to their problems more easily than the less so.

5 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 8:33am On Feb 17, 2019
obaaderemi:
Why do you always display your illiteracy openly, you this Ghanaian boy? In terms of hotels don't ever mention Ghana and Nigeria again in the same breath! Only the little Indians and South Africans can talk where Nigeria is in sub sahara Africa. grin Take your beer parlour gist away, little boy.
myopic tendency. i am challenging you now to accept it . Your deluded mind think Ghana of yesterday is still the same of today. Dont worry, you will be expose just as you were expose earlier. you may give it a shoot.

Your ignorance start when you said germans lack technical knolwedge compare to USA

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 8:35am On Feb 17, 2019
You didn't get my point. Some countries are just not news-worthy.
We enjoy airtime because of the heavy presence of international media in Kenya. At one point,the BBC Africa seemed to be like BBC Kenya that other Africans questioned this BBC dalliance with us!
When you have Unep, Un Habitat, big money multinationals and a brilliant tourism sector- the world will care when you even cough!
obaaderemi:
This is silly, to put it mildly. If the news from Nigeria is not international news,then how did you and your brothers hear about it? Remember, everything on nairaland is international news in Kenya. Probably, your politicians are also here.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 8:38am On Feb 17, 2019
rvp2018:
I am glad it didn't happen.

Obviously we have ethnicity problem that eventually boiled over and about 1K were killed & about half a million displaced in 2007 - but we have taken action. First that ethnic bloodletting gave us new constitution that has devolution (weaker form of federalism) and that gaves us 47 counties that are somewhat independent. Those 47 counties generally mirror the 44 tribes and sub-tribes. And this has lessen the tribal competition for power somewhat.

We also enacted very strong hate speech laws. Forums like Nairaland were shutdown. Nairaland would cease to exists if it was in kenya. We have far-reaching hate speech laws. You cannot use say facebook in Kenya to spread ethnic hate - you'll be picked and charged for spreading hate speech.

You read Nairaland - the amount of ethnic hate speech there - would get Seun in serious trouble in Kenya.The few kenyans in diaspora spread hate speech once in a while but it's now rare - because the police cyber unit will definitely track you.

We have National Cohesion and Integration Commission (NCIC) whose job is to address and reduce inter-ethnic conflicts.

As you can see the difference btw Kenya and Nigeria is day & night. We are a progressive country. You're regressing. If we have a problem - we try to find solutions to it - and not ignore it and hope it will somehow disappear.

You need to deal with ethnic violence in little India fast. Shutting down internet forum has not helped you. I hope your next election would not be like the ones before it in terms of violence.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3480) (3481) (3482) (3483) (3484) (3485) (3486) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.