Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,622 members, 7,820,205 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (4788) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6207176 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4785) (4786) (4787) (4788) (4789) (4790) (4791) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by cossano(m): 12:13pm On Jun 25, 2019
yes ooh, it's a scandalous situation we find ourselves in year in year out, you see maize is the staple food in Kenya, that means virtually all Kenyans consume ugali, so this greedy politicians make the cost of growing maize in Kenya very expensive through taxation then conspire with other shady people in and out of govt to import cheap maize often tax free, making the locally grown maize very expensive, this criminal act is driving many maize farmers out of the business.
obaaderemi:
That's bad. Another thing I don't understand is how maize has become a political issue in Kenya. I heard some of the big men create artificial scarcity of the stuff so they can import from Tanzania and Uganda while Kenyan farmers are left holding the sack.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Problemkid1: 12:21pm On Jun 25, 2019
Algerian1 can you post pictures of Algeria here

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 25, 2019
Problemkid1:

Here a complete thread i have made about algeria wink

https://www.nairaland.com/4155711/welcome-algeria-pics

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Problemkid1: 12:32pm On Jun 25, 2019
Algerian1:

Here a complete thread about algeria wink

https://www.nairaland.com/4155711/welcome-algeria-pics#62046617
I have seen this ones before. I just want you to post something new and different smiley I love your country wink

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 25, 2019
Problemkid1:
I have seen this ones before. I just want you to post something new and different smiley I love your country wink

I will try to post more pics on algeria's thread when a i have time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Problemkid1: 12:43pm On Jun 25, 2019
Algerian1:

I will try to post more pics on algeria's thread when a i have time
Alright. I can't wait to see them

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 12:57pm On Jun 25, 2019
Illegal aliens must leave!
Kazikazi:
Dude,

What is your take on this issue of xenophobia in Kenya.Currently, your MP from Starehe constituency have issued 24 hours for businesspeople mainly Tanzanians,Pakistanis,Rwandese,Ugandans etc to leave immediately.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 12:59pm On Jun 25, 2019
He once did. Actually, Algeria looks nicer than the country with the biggest GDP in Africa!
Problemkid1:

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 1:25pm On Jun 25, 2019
cossano:
yes ooh, it's a scandalous situation we find ourselves in year in year out, you see maize is the staple food in Kenya, that means virtually all Kenyans consume ugali, so this greedy politicians make the cost of growing maize in Kenya very expensive through taxation then conspire with other shady people in and out of govt to import cheap maize often tax free, making the locally grown maize very expensive, this criminal act is driving many maize farmers out of the business.
This shows that greed is one of the reasons why Africa is the way it is.The Asians,Americans and Europeans are also corrupt but our own corruption no longer makes sense. How do you explain food racketeering when people are poor and hungry? Look at Kenyan cereal board for example creating artificial scarcity and importing maize from Tanzania and Uganda. The government of Nigeria banned importation of frozen chicken and rice because we can produce enough chicken and rice. But some big men and government officials go to smuggle these stuff from neighboring countries. Africa is backward because of Africans.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 1:28pm On Jun 25, 2019
Jonraid:
He once did. Actually, Algeria looks nicer than the country with the biggest GDP in Africa!
And Tanzania looks better and cleaner than Kenya.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by edon21: 2:08pm On Jun 25, 2019
obaaderemi:
Nah Namibia looks far better than Nairoslve

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 2:09pm On Jun 25, 2019
edon21:
Nah Namibia looks far better than Nairoslve
grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Mkenya2019: 2:18pm On Jun 25, 2019
The problem is NCPB or gov buying maize that way above market price giving way to arbitrage. Most of guys who do this are not politician. I have done it myself - imported maize from Uganda and sold it NCPB at profit.Gov buys about 100M dollars worth of maize to be stored in Strategic Maize Reserves - and they buy at way above the market price.This year they basically dropped the price to market rate - and nobody is "complaining".

If you think kenya is bad - now imagine Nigeria with 45 banned items that are being smuggled.

cossano:

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 2:18pm On Jun 25, 2019
Goel:

You would better need that. Statement was stupid.

Mine is very well. Quote your statement and justify it instead of doing personal attack.
Apparently you are more obtuse than i thought. You have to quote me twice just to repeat what seems to be difficult for you to understand.

East Asia which was epicenter of global growth in past decades and South & Southeast Asia who are becoming now have very low population growth rates. Africa has higher population growth rate (even large part of its GDP growth rate comes from population growth rate) while Asia has stagnant and even declining population even with poorest Asian countries outside greater middle east.
what are you saying? east Asia (particularly China has been known as most populated country in history and it has retain this position as far back as 2000 years. India too was not so much of a big deal. The current birth rate of India is 2.4 not much gap of difference from Nigeria with 3.2 growth rate. Africa largest country by population. Nigeria is currently about 2.6 of the world population while India is about 17.4 .

http://www.prb.org/

Market demand increases when living rise, market doesn't only lie inside country but exported too. Prosperity comes from stability, then free market, then diversification and most important factor is demography.
Not entirely true, China run a close economy during the cultural revolution of mao and she was sluggish opening up her economy. Some city like Shanghai were the the first to open up. And not all sector were open. China recently run fully open market not quite long age. And researcher have suggest China was able to run a successful close economy due to a larger size. Which will be impossible for a country like Togo to-do since she has a few population to stair up the economy. China will attribute her success rate to the base effect of her demographic boom during the close market.

Both declining and rising population are a threat to future of any country.
You have challenge. Every one know this and nobody is arguing about that. The only issue here is why demographic boom can easily be overturned and programmed properly to the benefit of the economy, the former is seriously and damaging to the sustainability of the growth of a nation. It is one of the reasons why most declining nation in population are experiencing sluggish economic growth.

I think I had asked you to study DEMOGRAPHIC TRANSITION MODEL. BUT YOU DIDN'T AND CALLING ME MAD??

Let me give you a clue, suppose two countries with same and stable population (say A & B).
Both have stable populations.
A: Low population growth rate
Low and same death rate (may be developed country)
B: High population growth rate
High and same death rate (may be a least developed country)

Once you start infesting facilities (say healthcare), population will jump suddenly in B as death rate falls. Population growth graph will form a paraboliv curve. Population will grow, stablise with awareness and will decline with falling fertility.

The median age of population determines how much skilled than can be, how much they can earn, how much they can consume and how much they can produce.
You are mad once again. Are you spoonfeeding an India like you here. In 2020, the average Indian will be 29 years old or Nigeria around 19 years compared that with an average age of 37 in China and the United States, 45 in Western Europe, and 48 in Japan. This simply demonsrate that there will be a large and growing labour force in India than above country yet unemployment rate keep rising in India from 5 percent to 7 percent rate. despite the econmy growth, india is Hardwick to fiill up unemployment holes. Since the growing working age are not SKILLFUL enough. India recently pull out of Pisa . Global education ranking which have continuously ranked India below . This is to show something is wrong with India EDUCATIONAl structure. Therefore , demographic dividend will only be an advantage on paper and if left un-utilized, it will sours into unbearable burden for the nation. Just like I said earlier, . But right choices of goverment in a populated country can transform balloon nation into a healthy, educated, empowered labor force. It is easier when such nation invested heavily on the critical sector ( health and education) This is what lifts people out of poverty in Japan, south Korea, China. We are taliking about the ability of government to invest more in child education and health care here. Doing this will be providing for a healthier cohort of working adults / with ready skills, ready to move into the economy’s expanding job market that primarily have a large populated advantage. You only benefit from demographic dividends when investment in critical sector are possible . Remember the base effect of a control population too. So a well grounded policy such as investment into above critical sector i made earlier will solve the pussle becuse it will create more entrepreneurial spirit minded population instead of job seeking population. Larger population with sophisticated idea have more entrepreneurial citizens than smaller nations. China , USA and south Korea. Even by absolute Nigeria as the largest populated black nation has more entrepreneurial individual than most of the sub Saharan black nations.

What grows nation are investment in critical sector. Demographic devinded is only an advantage on paper when right choices are not taking.

Read on internet yourself. And my humble advice to you, say what you KNOW about anything and not what you BELIEVE about anything. Making up things will only bring embarrassment to you.
You must be hyping yourself way above your reasoning. That advice actually is direct opinion you must take seriously. Don't pick nicketing, there are more chances that you might be subjective in your THOUGHT.

You are engaging me in argument with me in anger because I conducted a personal attack on you. But your argument was still foolish. You are defending undefendable and wrong by default.

Population growth doesn't increase market size in general. Increased circulation of money in country's economic system does because it increases purchasing power of people. This is called free market.
what is this madness?
This is called a free market. China benefit from her sheer size of her domestic markets during her close market perioud. She is so big enough to do so. Africa is not economically sustainable like Asia becuse it is not as integrated as Asia. Well, that story is about to change. By July 1 of this year. most Africans country are signing into a single trade zone. The market analyst predicted it to worth around 2 trillion dollar.

India has one of fastest growing markets since 1991. Africans moreover should be last people on planet to call Indians poor. We are poor as compared to countries we want to compete with, not against you.
Yet India economy growth is not filling up unemployment holes. Because of the same similar structure of governance is running alonside african state. Those who are benefiting are those who already have enoghh capital and assets, the free market economic model takes wealth from the poor and gives it to the rich. China system was able to outsmart this.

Poverty? We have different standards and we have finished those.
We will apply new ones from 2021 on.
https://worldpoverty.io/index.html

India invested very much needed with all its funds wherever it should and could. And that's why economy boomed since 90s.
India had the second lowest score rate of education standard in the entire south Asia. Not until when investment are largely direct to this sector, India will still remain where it is.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wap.business-standard.com/article-amp/economy-policy/underinvesting-in-health-education-is-now-risking-india-s-economic-future-118092500110_1.html

How many times are you going to insult yourself? cheesycheesy

China curbed its population growth forcefully while Japan and Asian tigers ran awareness programs. All their populations are declining today. Seriously, what you are smoking?
Not just controlling the population growth alone but investing in the direct sector. Even if China China curb her population growth without pumping much investment into the critical sector. The case of China will still not be different from India today. Which further grounded my assessment that demographic dividends is adjust an advantage on paper if investment are not directed into critical sector of the society . Healthy citizens and skilfully population tends to change the dynamic of a nation more positively.

Countries where education levels are already high, where much investment in transport and communications systems is in place, and where political and economy systems are relatively stable, are well equipped to cope with rapid population grow than vice versa. Population growth should be maintain in accordance with the economy growth. Overrun it has is own downward effect. North America, Japan has experience economic growth by moderates population growth of recent. .

Underfunded? India has annual budget of $750 billions!! It will even cross $2 trillions by 2030 if keeps on growing as planned.
Poor performance? India was biggest gainer in HDI in this decade.
""india has the second-lowest education score (66/100) amongst its South Asian counterparts.

Poor quality education and the relatively high prevalence of certain diseases amongst the population means India is risking its future economic growth by underinvesting in two key areas important for workforce productivity, according to a new study. ""HEALTH and EDUCATION "

Indians work for just six-and-a-half years at peak productivity (compared to 20 years in China, 16 in Brazil and 13 in Sri Lanka), ranking 158th out of 195 countries in an international ranking of human capital"

http://www.healthdata.org/

Note . Human capital are just a combination of health and education which India lacks.

Market is never formed unless people have purchasing power. They won't have until they earn high and they won't til their skill is high. What do you expect from countries where median age is 17-18 years? You think they will grow?

Asians started from tapping western markets. We all from Indians to Japanese, still rely on western markets for most of exports.

You said exactly what I said just minus population growth from it. High population growth demands money for development of more people and consumption of more resources.

Saturation doesn't cover entire population but the population which can afford it. It explains why Apple jumped from USA to China and now India without tapping all phone users. It will find even a smaller market in India.

Simply, it was an argument for bigger & better. For a smaller country, size of population and city will be small so will be bigger for a big country.

The thing that makes difference how they succeed is their income per person. Hence, population different between nations ultimately losses its relevance. It's internal matter of a country.

Total size only defines power as US is far far more powerful than other developed countries but its no way worlds most developed country or fastest growing developed one.

Most certainly. People just don't wake up and run towards cities.

My input makes very much sense here. You quoted it just because YOU HAD TO REPLY ME.
Read that part again.

India's PPP GDP per capita is nearly double of Africa and makes very much difference as seen on ground.

India's nominal GDP per capita was deliberately held by government by manipulating currency to keep Indian exports competent. We keep on buying $, selling ₹ to maintain a huge forex reserve. US had put us on currency watch list multiple times.
India's real nominal GDP per capita will be around $4,000 and total nominal GDP nearly double of Africa for same population if India's sets ₹ free. But it will create an economic crisis.

We have doubled our GDP in ₹ between 2011 & 19 while in dollars, we grew only some 60%.

China was a net exporter so chose to appreciate its currency and added a trillion dollar every year since 2006 (when it was $3 trillions economy). Most of by currency appreciation and inflation than real GDP growth.
Nearly bullshilt. We not be able to cover all the flaws. There is what is know in economics as initial conditions’. India and China are historical known to have some of the world giant economy ( human and agricultural land) both China and India , accounted for more than half of the world industrial production before the Industrial Revolution.. And This is the same reason China and India GDP are projected to overtake usa accordingly. .there have been a permanent and industrial cultivation of agricultural product in Asia which has existed for nearly as 3,000 years ago.. India only face a major set back in the 60s and 70s due to political instability which is yet to get her self out till date. Modern China has never been poorer like africa . China was the world largest economy in 1820 and is about to take it in the next few years.well in compare to india , the whole of Africa is not historically disadvantaged. Ancient agricultural countries like Egypt , Tunisia and Algeria are fully on par with India in growth potential, and in fact, are much richer than India today.

About Brazil. That will be a story for another day.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Mkenya2019: 2:27pm On Jun 25, 2019
Okay - let say Benin import exclusively from Thailand & India - I have seen in 2016 - they imported 800M dollars worth of rice - 2.2M - in 2017 - they did 2.5-2/8M worth nearly 1B dollars - now I don't know what they did last year - trend is UP UP. Maybe they have already reached 3M metric tonnes. Cameroun are probably doing 1M tonnes.

We can, therefore, say - rice smuggled to Nigeria is whopping around 3-4M metric tonnes.

Also Nigeria themselves still some imported rice.

So basically you vaunted rice production only exists in BOOKS. It never happened. What happened is you stopped importing - and Benin & Camereoun started importing and re-exporting to Nigeria.

The same is replicated in many other sectors - where Nigeria Stats cooks figures to claim production - while smuggling is really the man economic activity

Amongst the main importers were Cuba, Senegal and Benin. Up to the end of the year a total of 400,000 tons should be exported, according to forecasts by the institution.

obaaderemi:
Mr.Mukulumuke grin You really need to stop making a monkey of yourself. You are desperate.
Let me break it down to you like the idiot kid you are:
Brazil : Brazil doesn't export rice anymore, except for a few metric tonnes.You really need to prove to us that Benin buys rice from Brazil.

Pakistan This is funny. grin Pakistan sells mainly basmati rice. The few metric tonnes of non- basmati rice it sells go to East Africa, particularly Kenya.

Indonesia How can you be this stupid?!! Indonesia is a major importer of rice. grin

United States I have this for you from an American agricultural website:

You should have refrained from tackling this. It's above your paygrade. But you can keep it coming. I am sure you will always have kikuyu1 to continue slavishly sucking your bum. grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 25, 2019
Kwani tumekosa wachezaji?’ – Magufuli in furious tirade after Tanzania’s AFCON loss

Tanzania President John Magufuli on Monday, June 24 was an angry man after Tanzania’s loss to Senegal in the Africa Cup of Nations.

The Lions of Teranga began their AFCON campaign by beating the East Africans 2-0, courtesy of goals from Keita Balde and Krepin Diatta.

In a match that was clearly dominated by Aliou Cisse’s men, Tanzania, throughout the full 90 minutes, only managed three shots at goal, with none of them landing on the target. Senegal boasted more than 65 per cent ball possession and averaged twice the number of passes completed by Tanzania.

Most fouls were committed by Emmanuel Amuneke’s men, leaving the West African’s at liberty of initiating attacks towards the Tanzanian goalkeeper.

In a video extensively shared on social media and captured by Game Yetu, Magufuli laments how Tanzania is incapable of producing ‘class’ players to compete with other big football nations, with a population of more than ‘55 million people’.

“Nchi kama Tanzania yenye idadi ya watu milioni 55, inakwenda kufungwa na timu yenye idadi ya watu milioni mbili? Kwasababu ni lazima mujiulize, Katika milioni 55 tumekosa wachezaji 11, wakuweza kuliwakilisha hili taifa katika mchezo huu muhimu unaopendwa duniani,”

In translation, Magufuli seems to be asking why a team like Tanzania, which hails from a nation of 55 million people can be beaten in a football match by a team whose home population is ‘two million’. He also questions the availability of good players in the squad.

Though he might not have got the populations quite right, Magufuli’s pain at seeing his team lose to Senegal is understood, considering the amount of work they put in to qualify for the tournament.

The loss left Tanzania at the bottom of group C, tied on zero points with Harambee Stars who saw their return to the continental showpiece after 15 years begin with a humiliating 2-0 defeat at the hands of Algeria.

Kenya will now face Tanzania in a crunch match on Thursday, June 27 at the 30 June Stadium in Cairo, Egypt.

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/sports/article/2001331334/kwani-tumekosa-wachezaji-magufuli-in-furious-tirade-after-tanzania-s-afcon-loss

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Obakillah: 2:45pm On Jun 25, 2019
Jonraid:
The biggest investor in TZ's tea farming is arguably a Kenyan.And who knows what Kenyans have invested there!

I know it hurts but Kenyans are one of the largest investors in Tanzania.We have even invested in your darling mining industry!

https://tz.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/258/Tanzania_CCG_2018.pdf

Search for any stats that you know!

Just ignore my countrymen who are jealous. Your country Kenya is the third largest investors after the US and UK. Your companies are found in every sector and village towns. The only way to catch up is by working together. Kazikazi is a minority in Tanzania, many of us want development and we only have to see and do what you have done across the border. Shukran. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 2:57pm On Jun 25, 2019
In Obaboons eyes!
obaaderemi:

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Obakillah: 2:58pm On Jun 25, 2019
obaaderemi:
Mr.Mukulumuke would still think this is China grin

Olam Rice Mill,Adamawa....Does Kenya have tea factories? cheesy

They have plenty,

Arroket factory – Sotik Tea Company limited.

Chagaik factory – UTK limited.

Changana factory – JFK limited.

Changoi tea factory – WTK limited.

Chebut tea Factory Company limited.

Chelal tea.

Chemoni factory – EPK limited.

Chinga tea Factory Company limited.

Chemogonday factory – JFK limited.

Eastern produce Kenya limited.

Eberege tea Factory Company limited.

Gacharage tea Factory Company limited.

Gachege tea Factory Company limited.

Gathuthi tea Factory Company limited.

Gatitu tea factory.

Gatunguru tea Factory Company limited.

Gianchore tea Factory Company limited.

Githambo tea Factory Company limited.

Githongo tea Factory Company limited.

Gitugi tea Factory Company limited.

Igembe tea Factory Company limited.

Ikumbi tea Factory Company limited.

Imenti tea Factory Company limited.

Iriani tea Factory Company limited.

Itumbe tea Factory Company limited.

James Finlay (Kenya) limited.

Jamji factory – UTK limited.

Kagwe tea Factory Company limited.

Kaimosi tea Factory Company limited – WTK limited.

Kaisugu tea Factory Company limited.

Kambaa tea Factory Company limited.

Kangaita tea Factory Company limited.

Kanyenyaini tea Factory Company limited.

Kapchebet tea Factory Company limited.

Kapcheluch tea factory limited.

Kapchorua Tea Company limited.

Kapkatet Tea Company limited.

Kapkoros tea Factory Company limited.

Kapsara tea Factory Company limited.

Kapset tea Factory Company limited.

Kapsumbeiwa factory – EPK limited.

Kaptumo tea Factory Company limited.

Karirana estates limited.

Kathangariri tea Factory Company limited.

Williamson tea Kenya limited.

Weru tea Factory Company limited.

Unilever tea factory limited.

Toror tea Factory Company limited.

Tombe tea Factory Company limited.

Tirgaga tea Factory Company limited.

Tinderet tea estate (1989) limited _ WTK limited.

Kebirigo tea Factory Company limited.

Kericho factory – UTK limited.

Kibwar limited.

Kiptagich tea estate limited.

Mara Mara instant – JFK limited.

Mudete tea Factory Company limited.

Nandi tea estates – Nandi hills.

Nyayo tea zones development corporations.

Nyankoba tea Factory Company limited.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 2:58pm On Jun 25, 2019
They should learn to take defeat with humour just like us! Miserable beings!
TayserMahri:
Kwani tumekosa wachezaji?’ – Magufuli in furious tirade after Tanzania’s AFCON loss

Tanzania President John Magufuli on Monday, June 24 was an angry man after Tanzania’s loss to Senegal in the Africa Cup of Nations.

The Lions of Teranga began their AFCON campaign by beating the East Africans 2-0, courtesy of goals from Keita Balde and Krepin Diatta.

In a match that was clearly dominated by Aliou Cisse’s men, Tanzania, throughout the full 90 minutes, only managed three shots at goal, with none of them landing on the target. Senegal boasted more than 65 per cent ball possession and averaged twice the number of passes completed by Tanzania.

Most fouls were committed by Emmanuel Amuneke’s men, leaving the West African’s at liberty of initiating attacks towards the Tanzanian goalkeeper.

In a video extensively shared on social media and captured by Game Yetu, Magufuli laments how Tanzania is incapable of producing ‘class’ players to compete with other big football nations, with a population of more than ‘55 million people’.

“Nchi kama Tanzania yenye idadi ya watu milioni 55, inakwenda kufungwa na timu yenye idadi ya watu milioni mbili? Kwasababu ni lazima mujiulize, Katika milioni 55 tumekosa wachezaji 11, wakuweza kuliwakilisha hili taifa katika mchezo huu muhimu unaopendwa duniani,”

In translation, Magufuli seems to be asking why a team like Tanzania, which hails from a nation of 55 million people can be beaten in a football match by a team whose home population is ‘two million’. He also questions the availability of good players in the squad.

Though he might not have got the populations quite right, Magufuli’s pain at seeing his team lose to Senegal is understood, considering the amount of work they put in to qualify for the tournament.

The loss left Tanzania at the bottom of group C, tied on zero points with Harambee Stars who saw their return to the continental showpiece after 15 years begin with a humiliating 2-0 defeat at the hands of Algeria.

Kenya will now face Tanzania in a crunch match on Thursday, June 27 at the 30 June Stadium in Cairo, Egypt.

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/sports/article/2001331334/kwani-tumekosa-wachezaji-magufuli-in-furious-tirade-after-tanzania-s-afcon-loss

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 25, 2019
kikuyu1

What's the most premium tea brand in Kenya ?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 3:33pm On Jun 25, 2019
Mkenya2019:
Okay - let say Benin import exclusively from Thailand & India - I have seen in 2016 - they imported 800M dollars worth of rice - 2.2M
No,MrMkulumuke. grin In 2016 total Benin rice import was 2million metric tonnes and not 2.2m. Now Benin has a population of 11million and they love rice even more than Nigerians. Let me help you a bit---- If 90%(which is not possible anyway) of all that rice comes to Nigeria, that's 1.8m metric tonnes.

Mkenya2019:

- in 2017 - they did 2.5-2/8M worth nearly 1B dollars - now I don't know what they did last year - trend is UP UP. Maybe they have already reached 3M metric tonnes. Cameroun are probably doing 1M tonnes.
In 2017 it was 2.5m metric tonnes and you will be super stupid to say all Benin's rice import came to Nigeria. Remember,they are 11m people. If 90% comes to Nigeria, that's 2.2mmt. Cameroon never did 1mmt. tongue
Mkenya2019:

We can, therefore, say - rice smuggled to Nigeria is whopping around 3-4M metric tonnes.

Also Nigeria themselves still some imported rice.
If added up all the parboiled rice imported by those countries is hardly 3mmt.If 90% comes to Nigeria, then that's around 2.7mmt.

Mkenya2019:

So basically you vaunted rice production only exists in BOOKS. It never happened. What happened is you stopped importing - and Benin & Camereoun started importing and re-exporting to Nigeria.[/b]
So basically if Nigeria consumes over 7mmt and out of this 2.7mmt is smuggled in,that means Nigeria consumes about 4.3 locally produced rice.It means by your own claims Nigeria is indeed Africa's largest rice producer. grin

Mkenya2019:

The same is replicated in many other sectors - where Nigeria Stats cOkay figures to claim production - while smuggling is really the man economic activity

Amongst the main importers were Cuba, Senegal and Benin. Up to the end of the year a total of 400,000 tons should be exported, according to forecasts by the institution.

This last part is pure unadulterated nonsense. grin The point is not clear.Please modify it when your anger and frustration cools down.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 25, 2019
H

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Problemkid1: 3:37pm On Jun 25, 2019
Jonraid:
And so, we already know Algeria is beautiful. And Algeria is 1000000x more beautiful than your shitthol tongue

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 4:00pm On Jun 25, 2019
nemesis8u:
Lol half knowledge is worse than no knowledge , but what's the point of arguing ?

The world will go through its paces while smart Alec's keep arguing for nothing.

Anyways

https://m.dailyhunt.in/news/africa/english/news+crab-epaper-newcrb/indian+women+have+gold+more+than+the+gold+reserves+of+top+5+banks+of+the+world-newsid-100872223

Indian women have 21 thousand tonnes of gold valued at 1,135 billion dollars .

That is, 11 percent of the total gold in the world. So much gold is not even in the top five countries of the world (8 thousand tonnes), Germany (3,300 tonnes), Italy (2,450 tonnes), France (2,400 tonnes) and Russia (1900 tonnes) of total foreign reserves.

This doesn't take into account the other private gold holdings sources neither the gold holdings of the government.

And funny thing is that is official estimate , as far as I am concerned unofficial estimate will be almost double. Almost nobody declares their entire gold , silver and precious stones holdings if at all to tax authorities.

Fuccking Brits etc stole estimated 45 trillion dollars ( current value ) from India.

What goes around comes around and so ........ time will extract it's toll

Well,you should be worried by this and not us. grin The last part is funny. I don't know why you keep saying it. Life doesn't work that way. The British stole from India. They are still doing Better than India and from the look of things it is going to remain that way till the close of the ages.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 4:04pm On Jun 25, 2019
Indian,Arabs and other groups of Asian women have an affinity for gold!
nemesis8u:
Lol half knowledge is worse than no knowledge , but what's the point of arguing ?

The world will go through its paces while smart Alec's keep arguing for nothing.

Anyways

https://m.dailyhunt.in/news/africa/english/news+crab-epaper-newcrb/indian+women+have+gold+more+than+the+gold+reserves+of+top+5+banks+of+the+world-newsid-100872223

Indian women have 21 thousand tonnes of gold valued at 1,135 billion dollars .

That is, 11 percent of the total gold in the world. So much gold is not even in the top five countries of the world (8 thousand tonnes), Germany (3,300 tonnes), Italy (2,450 tonnes), France (2,400 tonnes) and Russia (1900 tonnes) of total foreign reserves.

This doesn't take into account the other private gold holdings sources neither the gold holdings of the government.

And funny thing is that is official estimate , as far as I am concerned unofficial estimate will be almost double. Almost nobody declares their entire gold , silver and precious stones holdings if at all to tax authorities.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 4:10pm On Jun 25, 2019
Photos of last years KCB Karen masters. KCB BANK has sponsored the event this year at a tune of 700,000 US Dollars. With other sponsors coming in, this figure is expected to surpass the 1 million dollar mark!

Only SA outside Kenya can boast of being part of the European Golf Tour Challenge! Golf tourism has been on the rise for us!

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 25, 2019
Broke Niggaz

Nigeria camp in disarray as players protest unpaid bonuses ahead of crunch Guinea game

Super Eagles players boycotted Tuesday’s pre-match conference and could boycott Tuesday evening’s training
Nigeria’s preparation for Wednesday’s Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) tie with Guinea suffered a setback as a bonus row took centre stage.

The Super Eagles laboured to a hard-fought win over Burundi in their first game and could earn a ticket to the Round of 16 should they triumph over the National Elephants in Alexandria.

However, Gernot Rohr’s men went on to complain about their unpaid bills.

Ahmed Musa failed to show up for Tuesday’s pre-match conference ahead of the Guinea match, but the Al-Nassr player preferred to stay back with his colleagues for a ‘crucial’ player’s meeting at the Helnan Palestine Hotel.

"The player showed solidarity and had to stay back for an important meeting,” said coach Rohr when quizzed by the media.

Unpaid bonuses are not new in Nigerian football. First, it was the Nigeria U20 team who embarked on a sit-in protest and refused to leave Poland after their elimination from the Fifa U20 World Cup in Russia.

Recently, the Nigeria women’s senior national team, which was kicked out of the Women’s World Cup in France, declined to leave their hotel until all outstanding bonuses were paid – a claim the NFF denied, insisting Thomas Dennerby’s ladies were not owed.

Goal reached out to a top source of the country’s football house in Egypt and has been assured that the players would be settled before they take on Paul Put’s team at the Alexandria Stadium.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/afcon-2019-nigeria-camp-in-disarray-as-players-protest/1cg5p71d8774d17r88exkcdn9t
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 4:56pm On Jun 25, 2019
Obakillah:

They have plenty

tongue
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 4:59pm On Jun 25, 2019
Jonraid:
In Obaboons eyes!
Jonrabies You are blind. grin If you didn't consider Tanzania more beautiful than your slumania,why were you posting Tanzanian pictures here before kazikazi showed up to bust your balls?
You silly rabid dog.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 5:12pm On Jun 25, 2019
Beach in Lagos grin grin grin grin grin
there are about Top rated 15 Public and Private Beaches in Lagos. Lagos is a coastal city that boasts of several beaches. The beaches in Lagos include both private and public beaches.
Elegushi Beach
The most popular of the private beaches in Lekki, Lagos. Elegushi Royal Beach, a private beach owned by the Elegushi Royal family, led by HRM Oba Alayeluwa Saheed Ademola Elegushi. The beach is well known to be the go-to fun place for great meals, nightclubs, and hang out spots. This beach is the perfect spot for picnics, parties or social gatherings. On getting to the beach, you’ll be required to pay an entry fee of N1,000 after which you might be requested to pay an extra N200 for parking, but trust me, it’s worth every penny spent.

Tarkwa Bay
Tarrkwa Bay Beach is one of the beaches in Lagos where you can be assured a great time. A sheltered beach located near the Lagos Harbour. It’s a popular with swimmers and water-sports enthusiasts, also home to a welcoming resident community.

. Eleko Beach
Located in Lekki, Eleko Beach offers a peaceful retreat for privacy seeker or couple’s looking to enjoy a good time away from the hustle of Lagos. This public beach is one of the lush beaches in Lagos, located close to La Campagne Tropicana. It offers private beach features such as bamboo huts. It also less rowdy than other public beaches in Lagos and considered to be cleaner
Oniru Beach
one the most beautiful and serene private beaches in Lagos owned by the Oniru Royal Family. Oniru beach is one of the most sort-after beaches in Lagos because of its serenity and neatness. This beach is located on Victoria Island. It’s a popular venue for parties, live shows, and special events. When you visit Oniru Beach, ensure you are ready to have a good time and make wonderful memories.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (4785) (4786) (4787) (4788) (4789) (4790) (4791) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.