Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,779 members, 7,844,532 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (6766) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6257159 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6763) (6764) (6765) (6766) (6767) (6768) (6769) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by JaceBlaze: 1:41pm On Mar 24, 2020
XhosaNostra:

The bolded never gets old. It makes me chuckle every time I hear it. E funny die grin
Many bad things happened under Apartheid, but starvation & brokenness was never part of our experience because there were more jobs than were people, unlike now. We lived comfortably & used to be shocked watching skeletal humans on TV, from other parts of Africa. In fact, for some odd reason, it almost felt like we didn't share the same continent with the rest of them because South Africans don't know famine. We never experienced it.
EXACTLY!... Even during that time I'm sure too many Africans would have hopped on the ship for South African citizenship if opportunity presented itself.The bolded still feels the same to this day tbh lol

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 1:42pm On Mar 24, 2020
Kazikazi:

Masai. Swahili. English
Sipitari. Hospitali. Hospital
Olparasi. Farasi. Horse
Elnyanya. Nyanya. Tomato
Alkahawa. Kahawa. Cofee

Don't be silly. Swahili is a bantu dialect while Maa is a Nilotic one. They don't share a thing in common.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 1:45pm On Mar 24, 2020
Just40:
grin grin grin grin grin

we all know South African cities are as developed as North African cites and some of the most developed in Africa.

Kenya does not have a city but a slum that has no water supply, roads,hospitals nor electricity.

that is not development.

Nobody is talking about hobbit settlements so would you please be quiet? Thanks.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 1:46pm On Mar 24, 2020
JaceBlaze:
EXACTLY!... Even during that time I'm sure too many Africans would have hopped on the ship for South African citizenship if opportunity presented itself.The bolded still feels the same to this day tbh lol

I'd have to agree with the last part. I guess we've been doing our own thing for far too long, forming bonds is not coming easy peasy lemon squeezy tongue

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by JaceBlaze: 1:49pm On Mar 24, 2020
vaxx1:
Can you give us update about how south africa is intending to handle the lockdown and managed the economy during this epidemic.

You guys have locked down your country , what is going to happen to the less privileged people. there is a debate to also introduce this in Ghana but i personally prefer curfew instead.
We gonna be confined in our homes for 21 one days,possibly more if this shìt persists.Economy will take a huge blow obviously but that should be the least of our concern right now...HUMAN LIVES FIRST .When this is over business will run again but the dead won't rise from their graves,right?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 1:50pm On Mar 24, 2020
Kazikazi:

Masai. Swahili. English
Sipitari. Hospitali. Hospital
Olparasi. Farasi. Horse
Elnyanya. Nyanya. Tomato
Alkahawa. Kahawa. Cofee

You are stupid boy stick to acting p.or.n
The masai have only corrupted Swahili
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx1: 1:55pm On Mar 24, 2020
JaceBlaze:
We gonna be confined in our homes for 21 one days,possibly more if this shìt persists.Economy will take a huge blow obviously but that should be the least of our concern right now...HUMAN LIVES FIRST
Yes human survival first ..... my concern are just with who don't have enough for themselves . I mean basic needs. some people highly depend on daily wages . I wonder how they will survived? I doubt goverment can sustain it for long without getting broke financially.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just40: 1:55pm On Mar 24, 2020
gallivant:

Nobody is talking about hobbit settlements so would you please be quiet? Thanks.

you have done everything to compare your country with ours and have been outmatched on all front.

my advise is you keep quiet when we speak.

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just40: 1:57pm On Mar 24, 2020
vaxx1:
Yes human survival first ..... my concern are just with who don't have enough for themselves . I mean basic needs. some people highly depend on daily wages . I wonder how they will survived? I doubt goverment can sustain it for long without getting broke financially.
Liberians have gone months under curfew and war
they survived

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 24, 2020
forgiveness:

Only 14 skyscrapers in the whole of Kenya. grin

The other three don't count until proven. grin
don't say the whole of kenya yet we're dealing with Lagos(biggest city in west) and Nairobi(the capital city of kenya)
And brother, if by your own opinion we have 14towers then Nigeria should be having nine, remember some of your buildings you listed don't have the approved heights!! So does that mean they're actually below 100m? Tell me dude, what's the logic of You getting into that point? Do you know our CBK height in metres is also not approved! but with a naked eyes and sane mind you will conclude that that building is actually more than 130m with its 27flrs. Why is 31,31floors and one 29floors GTC apartments giving you headache bro,? I asked you if you're not certain we can do simple arithmetic to get approximate figure is meters but you refused! I don't get you bro cheesy
The tower with the least floors is 116m , 3.5m per floor. The shortest one is 29 floors, 4floors shorter and approximately 14m shorter than the third tallest, you can now do your maths cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by JaceBlaze: 2:02pm On Mar 24, 2020
XhosaNostra:

I'd have to agree with the last part. I guess we've been doing our own thing for far too long, forming bonds is not coming easy peasy lemon squeezy tongue
Wisdom will begin when idiots accept that melanin is not a prerequisite for any form of integration.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 24, 2020
SupaMoist:

The past week I've noticed something mindbogglingly retarded. Do you Kenyans really believe development is based on tower count & height. If so that has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. So by your own logic South African cities are more developed than German cities becuase South Africa has more tall towers? Your telling me Nairobi is more developed than Switzerland because Nairobi has more tall towers? Lagos, Nigeria by itself is wealthier than the entirety of Kenya no matter how many Chinese built foreign owned towers you have to gloat about. You Kenyans need to wake up and make a REAL DIFFERENCE. angry
dude, how do you understand by the term development cheesy, seems you know alot grin.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by SupaMoist: 2:06pm On Mar 24, 2020
Dlonra:

If Nairobi City has more stable electricity, better infrastructure and much more to offer than those Cities you've mentioned then we say Nairobi is a bit more developed. For instance a guy may say, I prefer Nairobi to Lagos cause there are direct flights to the US or Cause it has got a more advance retail sector or more recreational sites. In short, the convenience of a City is what defines its status & that's why we rank Nairobi ahead of Lagos as Joburg tops Nairobi. These are simple facts you need not to reason with inferiority complex emotions.

Did you just really say that Nairobi has better infastructure and electricity than German and Swiss cites? I'm done with you.......
You've finished yourself.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx1: 2:06pm On Mar 24, 2020
Just40:
Liberians have gone months under curfew and war
they survived
oh Ghad..... Liberia is presently broke . one of the poorest in the world.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 24, 2020
forgiveness:

High rise buildings are 12 stories building upward.

In this case, Lagos has more than the whole of Kenya. grin
okay, can we advance it a lil bit to 14 floors? , 12floors is a dwarf building, wink.. Am certain that Nai will still beat you hands down wink
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by JaceBlaze: 2:11pm On Mar 24, 2020
IronGalaxy:
Our people at that time were very fashionable , if you look at the likes of Dolly Rathebe, Lette Mbulu, Hugh Masekela etc you would swear they were African Americans of that time, our uncles and aunts also dressed to the nines, that was the culture.. we required no clothing, we were never short of clothing, most definitely not from Nigeria
If we went begging for clothes from them they probably would have wrapped us in those Indian curtains of theirs and left us to suffocate to death shocked grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by SupaMoist: 2:12pm On Mar 24, 2020
Stevoh18:

Those cities have tangible reasons why they don't have 'scrapers, what's Nigeria's reason??

No they don't. None of them do stop making up excuses. They don't have many because there's no need to simple as that. There are more important things to develop than the height of a building. Kenyan officials can sink deeper into Chinese debt by getting China to build them A Skyscraper to the moon in Nairobi its not changing the cities status or the fact it host the largest Slum in the world.

[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVJ_rgEUSJE [/url]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 24, 2020
@forgiveness, I was talking about this shanty towers clouded around your CBD. Do they look 12floors to you grin..
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by SupaMoist: 2:16pm On Mar 24, 2020
Shma:
okay, can we advance it a lil bit to 14 floors? , 12floors is a dwarf building, wink.. Am certain that Nai will still beat you hands down wink

Nah waste of money and time. A terrible investment with little to no payoff.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 2:18pm On Mar 24, 2020
JaceBlaze:

Wisdom will begin when idiots accept that melanin is not a prerequisite for any form of integration.

Lol, they'll start with the whataboutism. Mandela & co. may have gone to other countries to seek refuge, but most of us didn't. I think that's the important part many need to understand. Most South Africans don't feel that kinship with others because well, we've never been to your country. Never set eyes on any of these people until they came here. I like to retell the story of how surprised we were when Somalis 1st came to the E.C. We were like deers in headlights, wondering who they were & where they came from. Even their scent was unfamiliar, we had to wash whatever we bought from them tongue

We called them the people with big teeth because we didn't know what else to call them grin

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by JaceBlaze: 2:19pm On Mar 24, 2020
vaxx1:
Well I heard the like of billionaire,Rupert will be doling out millions to support such small businesses.I don't know how that is to be carried out but it's a commendable gesture. smiley
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 2:22pm On Mar 24, 2020
JaceBlaze:
If we went begging for clothes from them they probably would have wrapped us in those Indian curtains of theirs and left us to suffocate to death shocked grin grin

LMAO @ Indian curtains.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just40: 2:27pm On Mar 24, 2020
yep

so every other country will survive under quarantine
vaxx1:
oh Ghad..... Liberia is presently broke . one of the poorest in the world.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 24, 2020
SupaMoist:

No they don't. None of them do stop making up excuses. They don't have many because there's no need to simple as that. There are more important things to develop than the height of a building. Kenyan officials can sink deeper into Chinese debt by getting China to build them A Skyscraper to the moon in Nairobi its not changing the cities status or the fact it host the largest Slum in the world.

[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVJ_rgEUSJE [/url]
don't bring skyscraper issue as excuses, the main reason why many nations don't build skyscrapers is because of height restrictions law in there country, at the same time, skyscrapers are too expensive to set up and it greatly contributes to the aesthetic condition of a city. Take a look of the most developed city in Africa, what really makes it so iconic? Yeah, there are cities which can strive well even without skyscrapers but that should Mean a lot, right from road quality to iconic low rise.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just40: 2:30pm On Mar 24, 2020
dont mind those billionaires

they are the once financing Pandemics around the world just to come out with vaccines from companies they own
JaceBlaze:
Well I heard the like of billionaire,Rupert will be doling out millions to support such small businesses.I don't know how that is to be carried out but it's a commendable gesture. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 24, 2020
SupaMoist:

Nah waste of money and time. A terrible investment with little to no payoff.
yeah sure. The reason why they're compacted in lagos smiley
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by chrisooblog: 2:38pm On Mar 24, 2020
vaxx1:
here in Nigeria we also have a similar conundrum how do you enforce a lock down on people who need to make a leaving to survive daily? Unfortunately with the rising numbers it seems that decision will have to be made good or bad very soon. In Nigeria I give it this weekend latest the beginning of next week

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 24, 2020
Kazikazi:
The fist corona virus patient in TZ have been cured and is no longer having any CoViD_19.
TZ is not in your levels
There are currently 12 cases ongoing in Tanzania with 0 people that have recovered.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by JaceBlaze: 2:40pm On Mar 24, 2020
XhosaNostra:

Lol, they'll start with the whataboutism. Mandela & co. may have gone to other countries to seek refuge, but most of us didn't. I think that's the important part many need to understand. Most South Africans don't feel that kinship with others because well, we've never been to your country. Never set eyes on any of these people until they came here. I like to retell the story of how surprised we were when Somalis 1st came to the E.C. We were like deers in headlights, wondering who they were & where they came from. Even their scent was unfamiliar, we had to wash whatever we bought from them tongue
They need to go and make the makeshift beds besides the tombstones of those who were exiled in their countries and stop annoying the rest of us with their constant nagging for acceptance.It pisses me off when they think we owe them a royalty gesture just because some of our struggle heroes sought refuge in their in their countries.

Lol true.They always raised our eyebrows when we laid our eyes on them.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by JaceBlaze: 2:45pm On Mar 24, 2020
XhosaNostra:

LMAO @ Indian curtains.
Nawa ooo cheesy considering that they have king kong sized bodies I bet no South African would have found a size that fits.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx1: 2:46pm On Mar 24, 2020
chrisooblog:
here in Nigeria we also have a similar conundrum how do you enforce a lock down on people who need to make a leaving to survive daily? Unfortunately with the rising numbers it seems that decision will have to be made good or bad very soon. In Nigeria I give it this weekend latest the beginning of next week
This is when Nigeria billionaire needs to render helping hands. if Ghana must follow this orders, her rich citizena must also help the goverment or else, it will soon turn to disaster. I foreseen hunger and poverty on the rise .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx1: 2:49pm On Mar 24, 2020
Just40:
yep

so every other country will survive under quarantine
This probably may erode many success. many people may be send back to poverty.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6763) (6764) (6765) (6766) (6767) (6768) (6769) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.