Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (1088095 Views)

Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (2490) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by laudate: 12:58pm On Sep 11, 2016
craziebone:
i already have sense so anyother one would be Jara.

I do not like claiming this superiority thing. I am doing so now because my country is being dragged in the mud by those people who have little knowledge of it. The right thing to do here is to start a kind of pride-march. When black people's image was battered around the world, we need a 'black-power' to help us hold our heads abouve water. When gay people were being killed every where and the people felt shame for themselves, they needed a gay pride march to help themselves. I hope you get it now?

Hehehe.... is that what you call it? Pride-march?? shocked Ok, I get it now. You have decided to engage in chest-beating about your nation, in order to make yourself feel good. Okay oh.... carry on! cheesy Continue to dwell in the realm of fantasy. sad
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by kikuyu1(m): 1:36pm On Sep 11, 2016
Firstly I'd like to give FFK the benefit of the doubt and disbelieve he said smth so retarded. I'd have preferred to ignore this thread but some misconceptions must be corrected. If feelings are hurt-so be it:some of you must unlearn a few things.
Statistically speaking its more accurate to use the mean and not the gross unadjusted whole,therefore per capita GDP on a purchasing power parity basis which accounts for local currency fluctuations and/or kwh per citizen are more reliable indicators of national development than GNP. The UN has a whole new measure accounting for education,water availability,environmental quality and so called gender equity for a new metric-Human Development Index.

[imghttps://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/00/HDI-AFRICA-2009.png[/img]

Guess what? We're all 4th world! Don't point fingers at your bros over imaginary faults. At the same time a truly tremendous job has been done by our prez and his team. Power availability has more than doubled in the past 3 years and by late next year 75% of all Kenyans will be connected to the grid.
Kenya also punches wayyyyyy above its weight internationally and is a significant soft power [b]globally [/b]speaking. This 2 year chart has us first in Africa,behind Japan and ahead of Singapore in terms of global good.

The Good Country Index ranks 125 nations based on how much they do for others globally in seven areas: science and technology, culture, international peace and security, world order, planet and climate, prosperity and equality, and health and well being.

The ranking was created by merging of 35 data sets produced by organizations like the UN, WHO, and UNESCO over a period of nearly 3-years, according to The Economist.

"What I mean by a 'good country' is a country that contributes to the greater good," Simon Anholt, an independent policy advisor who made the index, told Business Insider. "We’ve given each country a balance-sheet to show at a glance whether it’s a net creditor to mankind, a burden on the planet, or something in between."
http://www.businessinsider.com/good-country-index-2014-6

At our growth rate within 4-5 years our per capita GDP PPP basis currently 3000$ will catch up with your 4000$;though it'll take us another 15 years of sustained 7+% growth to reach a decent 2nd world GDP PPP of at least 16000$. Point being? Lets reserve our anger for those who put us in this sorry situation-not those climbing out of the s hitpit.

5 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by laudate: 1:47pm On Sep 11, 2016
craziebone:
Not all Nigerians have a low self-esteem

You should have taken that picture of Costain - Ijora bridge in broad daylight, without any fancy lights or photoshop effect to show the craters, potholes and bumps on that bridge. Bros, that your photo of the bridge can lie, oh! I almost lost a tyre on that same Ijora bridge last week, while trying to manoeuvre out of a pothole!
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by goldedprince: 5:22am On Sep 16, 2016
craziebone:

for of all, i have never seen anyone being sent money from abroad and he had difficulties cashing it except there are questions to answer. And yes, i withdraw money from my account even without "going near a bank" too.

In rural Nigeria, especially in the North, where bank and atm penetration is low, i can go to the Pos man who owns a kiosk specially for this business, i give him my same Visa card or anyother kind of debit card, he inserts it into his machine trasfer the amount that i want from my account into his and then pays me in cash. Its that simple! This is how we withdrew cash at the NYSC camp.

When it comes to payment of bills like NEPA, waste, satellite tv, etc, i do it using my mobile app. Connecting flights etc, these are things we doing here using our mobile phones. To recharge my phone, if i feel like i do it using my own phone by dialing some codes and if i feel like, my sister does it for me from her own phone on her own account!

The last time i went to a super market to buy just a pressing iron, i used my card to pay. And i get an alert in the end.

So tell me what the big deal is about this Kenyan mobile money! THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO BIG DEAL!

Don't get me wrong. If Kenya is doing very well, then, alhamdulillah for them. But what i do not like is the cynicism we see in Nigeria which is based on nothing else but just frustration. When i see that cynicism, i will stand up to it with superior points!

The likes of you talk about the country like the Fed. Rep of Nigeria owes you anything, the fact it that it doesn't owe you anything and i want you to suck it up like a real man, not a childish pretender that you guys are portraying hereo
Keep dreaming.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by goldedprince: 5:26am On Sep 16, 2016
Na only dullards go dey compare this our useleess naija with kenya. Atleast their "nepa" no dey Bleep up

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by welzyj2(m): 7:03am On Sep 16, 2016
goldedprince:

Keep dreaming.

na which country u dey? i guess u 4rm a rural area

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by goldedprince: 7:11am On Sep 16, 2016
welzyj2:

na which country u dey? i guess u 4rm a rural area
I dey where you don dey dream to enter since u born.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by welzyj2(m): 8:01am On Sep 16, 2016
goldedprince:

I dey where you don dey dream to enter since u born.

baba if u hear watin u no sure of ask the educated in ur area or research ur sef..
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by goldedprince: 8:18am On Sep 16, 2016
welzyj2:

baba if u hear watin u no sure of ask the educated in ur area or research ur sef..
But the point about money transfer is real
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Eyibeauty: 10:44am On Sep 16, 2016
Good day, my fellow nairalanders, please let's help a young Nigerian lady win this global video contest on climate change by viewing and sharing. Your view is your vote, let's give her a million votes.Thanks.

Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mWfwPjVIRo
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Bifwoli: 9:54pm On Sep 18, 2016
GLOBAL INNOVATION INDEX 2016 Rankings on 3rd column.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by kikuyu1(m): 10:11am On Sep 19, 2016
Bifwoli:
GLOBAL INNOVATION INDEX 2016 Rankings on 3rd column.

Yes,bifwoli! Like I said;in its own way Kenya punches above its weight globally in terms of innovation.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by NairobiWalker(m): 7:13am On Sep 27, 2016
craziebone:

can you compare the exchange rate between the british pound and the japanese yen? What about the sterling to the Euros? Does it mean that the british economy is better than the German and the Japanese? You guys really need more education.

As for life expectancy, Cuba has a better life expectancy than the US, but can you compare the two countries at all?

As for power. Maybe Kenya doesn't have the system that we have in Nigeria and that explains why you think they are better.

The point is: Nigeria has a quota system which allowes the country to share around everything that the FG has to offer. Of the 4K MW we generate, 1050mw is given to Lagos. But in Lagos, there are many more houses and companies relying on that small amount of power. This means that a place like Okene and other small towns and villages that are connected to the grid have more power than the average home in Lagos even though their states have way less power allocated to them.

Its likein Kenya, there is no political decision like this made so what informs their sharing pattern is purely economic factors. This could explain why their city centres may have more power.

Nigeria's economy is not only larger than that of Kenya, our per capita is still better than theirs, fact!

It is funny how you rubbish several factors that Kenya is better than Nigeria at then finish off by concluding Nigeria is better just due to a single factor - GDP. lol

1. The exchange rate doesn't tell the perfomance of an economy - it is the stability of the currency that tells. Japan's currency might have lower value but it's very stable. So far the Kenyan shilling is WAYYY more stable than the Naira. A little change in oil prices and your currency is tumbling.

2. Yes, Cuba has a better life expectancy than America. That doesn't mean Cuba is better than America but it's better than America in that aspect. Just like Nigeria has lower HIV rates than SA but SA beats Nigeria in many other things.

3. Quota system or not, the fact remains Nigeria doesn't produce enough electricity for it's citizens. If you were producing enough electricity there would be no need for the quota system in the first place. Just like in Kenya we used to have a quota system between 1999 - 2002 because we were not producing enough electricity then.

5 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by NairobiWalker(m): 7:25am On Sep 27, 2016
craziebone:

Kenyans are less likely to migrate to Nigeria because they lack exploring behaviour. What took you, Pavore9, to Kenya? Did you go there to look for job? How many Nigerians go to Kenya to look for job and a better life? If Nigerians go to Kenya, then it is the same way they go to Ghana. They either go for more education, or are doing business there. Didn't you just mention it that you are exporting goods to that country? And this brings me to yet another point, economy. Those who say their economy is better and more diversified should explain to me how comes the likes of you, Pavore9, are exporting manufactured goods from Nigeria to Kenya and we do not have a single Kenyan product in Nigerian market apart from Kenyan airways?

The question is what effect do those products have on the Kenyan market? You probably drink Kenyan tea and Kenyan milk and there are several Kenyan products in the Nigerian market but they are too few for you to feel the effect. Just like your Nigerian friend exports things to Kenya yet the average Kenyan has never used any Nigerian product.

3 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by NairobiWalker(m): 7:26am On Sep 27, 2016
craziebone:

my dear, when people go from Nigeria to other countries for the first time, they always want to say something like that. But do you honestly think just few hours into living in another country, your mother knows enough about Kenya to begin to compare the two countries? Some people will leave Lagos for Minna and they will praise how organised Minna is to Lagos and also how more often they have power than Lagos, but to claim that Minna is now better than Lagos is absolute buuuullshit!!!!

Infrastructure is infrastructure it doesn't matter if it is provided by the government or not. Most Nigerians provide their own water when they build their houses, can you now say that's backwardness?

Again. If Kenya produces about 2k mw of electricity and they have "constant supply" in Nairobi and else where, then it is because they are giving way too much to their major cities than they are giving to the other parts.

In Nigeria, while Lagos recieves the highest amount of power generated, it doesn't have light as frequently as say Okene in Kogi state even though Kogi lets very little supply than Lagos.

So get it and just stop it already! I know what the problem is: its is frustration and nothing more!

Some of you guys are so deluded - there is constant electricity supply in almost EVERY village in Kenya.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by solbil: 7:08am On Dec 05, 2016
someone here is asking you to see naija and die! https://www.nairaland.com/3327823/kenyans-far-behind-nigerians-every/10

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 8:24am On Mar 31, 2019
solbil:
someone here is asking you to see naija and die!
https://www.nairaland.com/3327823/kenyans-far-behind-nigerians-every/10
Kenya where people are dying of starvation?
Kenya has cooked all its data for years to look good. Now the bag of lies is bursting at the seams.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 12:04pm On Aug 19, 2020
This is where it all started. And if it must continue, it should be here. grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by orisa37: 4:04pm On Aug 19, 2020
That's Somebody talking Knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 6:04pm On Aug 19, 2020
orisa37:
That's Somebody talking Knowledge.
Correct. grin
FFK was right. Nigeria has got serious issues, most is tied to bad leadership and our northern part debacle. But inspite of these, Nigeria is still a champion in Africa compared to smaller sub Sahara African countries. It is easier to make money in Nigeria than in a country like Kenya. There are more opportunities here. But then many of us believe our country should be above the average African country, hence the frustration.

Forgiveness
Samorobo
theenchanter
shaytun
just30
and all ye muthafvcker little Indians. This is where it all started.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by forgiveness: 6:26pm On Aug 19, 2020
obaaderemi:
Correct. grin
FFK was right. Nigeria has got serious issues, most is tied to bad leadership and our northern part debacle. But inspite of these, Nigeria is still a champion in Africa compared to smaller sub Sahara African countries. It is easier to make money in Nigeria than in a country like Kenya. There are more opportunities here. But then many of us believe our country should be above the average African country, hence the frustration.

Forgiveness
Samorobo
theenchanter
shaytun
just30

Hahahaha! And this is where we will make our abode. grin

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Samorobo2: 6:58pm On Aug 19, 2020
obaaderemi:
Correct. grin

Forgiveness
Samorobo
theenchanter
shaytun
just30

Yes they should come here if they want to continue that shiit not that thread open by a renowned lunatic like sufferingNSmilling....no,nah,never..

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 9:18am On Aug 20, 2020
Samorobo2:

Yes they should come here if they want to continue that shiit not that thread open by a renowned lunatic like sufferingNSmilling....no,nah,never..
I can never comment on a thread opened by an illiterate like suffering and smiling. grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 9:42am On Aug 20, 2020
forgiveness:

Hahahaha! And this is where we will make our abode. grin
grin Seriously, I don't care about the back and forth. Don't really have time for it but I see the losers trying to continue it on some other threads. If they want Nigerians to be interested in it, then it should be under the right and original title----
(Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-
Kayode)
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by backnbeta(f): 9:49am On Aug 20, 2020
Delusion undecided
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Saddamochieng00(m): 10:38am On Aug 20, 2020
Bloody fools naija is still a big shithole grin grin So you thought changing the name of the thread would change the fact that we are years ahead of you motherfvckers angry angry

Naija is a doomed state full of of incorrigible idiots grin grin When will these fools get sense grin grin

Fvcking ret@rds angry

5 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 10:49am On Aug 20, 2020
Saddamochieng00:
Bloody fools naija is still a big shithole grin grin So you thought changing the name of the thread would change the fact that we are years ahead of you motherfvckers angry angry

Naija is a doomed state full of of incorrigible idiots grin grin When will these fools get sense grin grin

Fvcking ret@rds angry
You are so angry and frustrated you didn't notice this thread is older than the other one. grin This is the original.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Saddamochieng00(m): 11:08am On Aug 20, 2020
obaaderemi:
You are so angry and frustrated you didn't notice this thread is older than the other one. grin This is the original.

No matter the name of the thread well still show you guys dust. I can see you're following in the hobbits footsteps....buying bootlegged Chinese cars and branding them as your own

Criminal infested zoo

grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 12:22pm On Aug 20, 2020
Saddamochieng00:

No matter the name of the thread well still show you guys dust. I can see you're following in the hobbits footsteps....buying bootlegged Chinese cars and branding them as your own

Criminal infested zoo

grin grin
You were massacred on that other thread. The moderators took pity on you. grin

We've got Innosson Cars made in Nigeria. The Ghanaians have got Katanka made in Ghana. Even Japan started by copying European and American brands. wink
WeChat, Zte, Huawei, Toyota, and other Asian brands are champions today.

Here is Inosson Cars made in Nigeria. Show us cars made in Kenya. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by forgiveness: 12:47pm On Aug 20, 2020
obaaderemi:
grin Seriously, I don't care about the back and forth. Don't really have time for it but I see the losers trying to continue it on some other threads. If they want Nigerians to be interested in it, then it should be under the right and original title----
(Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-
Kayode)

Exactly! I agree with you. If they want us to participate, it's should be here not that clown's thread.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Saddamochieng00(m): 12:58pm On Aug 20, 2020
obaaderemi:
You were massacred on that other thread. The moderators took pity on you. grin

We've got Innosson Cars made in Nigeria. The Ghanaians have got Katanka made in Ghana. Even Japan started by copying European and American brands. wink
WeChat, Zte, Huawei, Toyota, and other Asian brands are champions today.

Here is Inosson Cars made in Nigeria. Show us cars made in Kenya. grin

Shameless goat do you how many people were kidnapped in your zoo this week alone. The poverty and kidnapping capital of the world. grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (2490) (Reply)

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.