Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,873 members, 7,848,556 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 05:47 AM

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode - Politics (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (1127771 Views)

Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (2493) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 4:57pm On Jul 19, 2021
Bigger than which one in Nigeria. Enaki residential resort is 120 acres. These will be mostly furnished long stay apartments targetting UN and International companies. Now show me something similar in Nigeria.
Vlain:

Email is a tiny resort estate .simple as A,b’C

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by AfriqueDuZuid: 4:58pm On Jul 19, 2021
rvp2018:
Of course. South Africa is bigger economy than Kenya with lesser banks. South Africa has I think4-6 banks. Kenya has 42-45 banks.
Kenya banking assets definitely growing faster than South Africa - and like the economy - is now roughly 1/3!
I am sure by 2030 - the gap would be so small
Or sooner if you continue looting your country to death - after your justice system tried to jail the chief looter.

Now let us move back to COOPERATIVEs in South Africa.

We have around 15 banks and are huge

Basically standard bank assets are bigger than kenyan GDP

4 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 5:02pm On Jul 19, 2021
How many are cooperatives? Zero?
Otherwise I already know that South Africa banking sector is 8 times Kenya; but the gap will keep reducing;
Kenya total banking asset is now well over 50B dollars; South Africa is 400B.
AfriqueDuZuid:

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by AfriqueDuZuid: 5:12pm On Jul 19, 2021
rvp2018:
How many are cooperatives? Zero?
Otherwise I already know that South Africa banking sector is 8 times Kenya; but the gap will keep reducing;
Kenya total banking asset is now well over 50B dollars; South Africa is 400B.

Cooperative bank is almost 60 years yet it has net assets of $4 billion

Pretty sad

South Africa banking has over $430B

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 5:15pm On Jul 19, 2021
Now it's 6B dollars. That is a lot of money from cooperative bank. Now tell us about similar bank in South Africa. Or you're banking all your money in Jewish banking system?

You see cooperative movement allows people to share profit and (losses) - without benefitting commercial banks entirely.

Kenyans know this - no need to give banks all your money - and then borrow from it - at huge interest rate

We borrow from each other, cutting the middle man, out.

Many cooperatives starts small - 20 employees of a company - eventually some have grown to own BANKS.

AfriqueDuZuid:

Cooperative bank is almost 60 years yet it has net assets of $4 billion

Pretty sad

South Africa banking has over $430B

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by NTSA: 5:20pm On Jul 19, 2021
AfriqueDuZuid:

Last I checked standardbank S.A is a subsidiary of the British multinational financial conglomerate headquartered in London, United Kingdom. We also have Standard Chartered Kenya, stanchart.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 5:22pm On Jul 19, 2021
The same with ABSA. I doubt there is an indigenous black bank. It's Standard Chartered and Barclays as top dogs. In kenya - those banks are now relegated to no 7/8 - soon they will be out of the top 10.
NTSA:

Last I checked standardbank S.A is a subsidiary of the British multinational financial conglomerate headquartered in London, United Kingdom. We also have Standard Chartered Kenya, stanchart.

5 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by NTSA: 5:29pm On Jul 19, 2021
rvp2018:
The same with ABSA. I doubt there is an indigenous black bank. It's Standard Chartered and Barclays as top dogs. In kenya - those banks are now relegated to no 7/8 - soon they will be out of the top 10.
The guy is shifting goal posts from Sacco's to banks..haha

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by NTSA: 5:36pm On Jul 19, 2021
AfriqueDuZuid:

standard bank S.A assets are at around $2.5 billion while Equity bank kenya has assets worth $2.3 billion. kenya is catching up fast
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by kikuyu1(m): 6:45pm On Jul 19, 2021
rvp2018:

I think they're STILL in shock. Since mid 2000s they've been TOTALLY edged out of the top tier.
Now Standard and Barclays (Absa) are middle tier! Considering they were so confident of their position in the late 90s they ACTUALLY closed down many real branches like Kiambu town. I SPECIFICALLY rmbr a convo at the time where a pal told the Barclays Kiambu manager in 99 he'd regret the move sooner rather than later.....
The rise of our indig banks and SACCOS will be studied by Harvard,(I KNOW Equity Bank is). Award winning documentaries will be made of this development.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 7:02pm On Jul 19, 2021
Yes they moved from being no 1 or 2 - to now 6 and 7 - Last year NCBA made Top 1000 banks - As of now It's Equity (rising super fast), KCB, COOP, NCBA and DTB. All these top 5 are local banks.

Then 3 foreign banks - Barclays(ABSA), StanChart, Stanbic - then I&M and Prime Bank.

I see I&M eventually coming up fast - to overtake Stanbic.

Kenya banks should aim for Ethiopia - Ethiopia economically is on the ropes - they will be willing to open up to get forex - Ethiopia and DRC - both are nearly 200M combined (Nigeria size market) - with about the same mess infrastructure wise - and with banking at infancy - Just lots of money to be made there - banking the unbankable.

Once we corner DRC and Ethiopia - Kenya banks will be Africa biggest - Equity definitely aiming to be top 10 in Africa in 5yrs - they are now at no 23 or about.

Kenya also added one bank to the Top 1000 in 2021 — NCBA Bank. With $594m in Tier 1 capital and placing 967th in the main ranking, NCBA Bank has assets worth $4.8bn and generated profits of $46m in 2020.

As for SACCOs - most of them now are qualified to be banks - some have assets of 300-400M dollars.

kikuyu1:

I think they're STILL in shock. Since mid 2000s they've been TOTALLY edged out of the top tier.
Now Standard and Barclays (Absa) are middle tier! Considering they were so confident of their position in the late 90s they ACTUALLY closed down many real branches like Kiambu town. I SPECIFICALLY rmbr a convo at the time where a pal told the Barclays Kiambu manager in 99 he'd regret the move sooner rather than later.....
The rise of our indig banks and SACCOS will be studied by Harvard,(I KNOW Equity Bank is). Award winning documentaries will be made of this development.

4 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kuruptnigga: 7:49pm On Jul 19, 2021
rvp2018:
Abuja and Nairobi in the same sentence - who died? Nairobi is international city competing with likes of Joburg and Cairo in Africa - not Abuja - that is not even at Mombasa level
Abuja and Nairobi can't be in the same sentence. Because Abuja is far more developed than Nairobi by miles. Far more cleaner than Kenya. Far more planned than the whole of Kenya. Your nairobi can only be compared to Port Harcourt. Mombasa is another certified hellhole.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by NTSA: 8:20pm On Jul 19, 2021
Kuruptnigga:
Abuja and Nairobi can't be in the same sentence. Because Abuja is far more developed than Nairobi by miles. Far more cleaner than Kenya. Far more planned than the whole of Kenya. Your nairobi can only be compared to Port Harcourt. Mombasa is another certified hellhole.
Not really get your facts right.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 19, 2021
AfriqueDuZuid:

What's the entire assets of south African banking?

I know you don't know the real value of SA banking, this is not kenya with small banking sector

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by kikuyu1(m): 9:04pm On Jul 19, 2021
NTSA:

Before you came 2 yrs ago on ToT we established beyond DOUBT over half of Abuja's homes are empty! The other half of the Potemkin city live without toilets like most WAs even in Accra .

Before Abuja becomes another mega slum
[urlhttps://guardian.ng/opinion/before-abuja-becomes-another-mega-slum/[/url]

School children in Abuja still defecate openly because there are no toilets
https://www.icirnigeria.org/school-children-in-abuja-still-defecate-openly-because-there-are-no-toilets/

Many students in Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), defecate in the open because their schools do not have toilets, thereby exposing them so serious health hazards. Our reporters in MOC group report…
[url][/https://medium.com/@opsine/how-poor-toilets-in-abuja-schools-kick-up-a-stink-d7417f3114f6]

By now EVERYONE knows ANYTHING goes in Naij!?

Four in five health centres in Nigeria STILL operating without soap or water two years after global promise
on 19 May 2021
[url]https://www.wateraid.org/ng/media/four-in-five-health-centres-in-nigeria-still-operating-without-soap-or-water/url]

The resident clown you're responding to ALSO knows but CAN'T stop lying like his brodas here. For SERIOUS jokes check out rvp2018s breakdown of Accra's water and sewerage situation. Apparently its perfectly acceptable to build a block of flats without internal plumbing including TOILETS !?

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 9:34pm On Jul 19, 2021
Yes it a failed city of gov offices; and nothing much. Outside the city are fulani mulsim herdsmen hunting christians for sports.
kikuyu1:

Before you came 2 yrs ago on ToT we established beyond DOUBT over half of Abuja's homes are empty! The other half of the Potemkin city live without toilets like most WAs even in Accra .

[urlhttps://guardian.ng/opinion/before-abuja-becomes-another-mega-slum/[/url]

https://www.icirnigeria.org/school-children-in-abuja-still-defecate-openly-because-there-are-no-toilets/

[url][/https://medium.com/@opsine/how-poor-toilets-in-abuja-schools-kick-up-a-stink-d7417f3114f6]

By now EVERYONE knows ANYTHING goes in Naij!?

[url]https://www.wateraid.org/ng/media/four-in-five-health-centres-in-nigeria-still-operating-without-soap-or-water/url]

The resident clown you're responding to ALSO knows but CAN'T stop lying like his brodas here. For SERIOUS jokes check out rvp2018s breakdown of Accra's water and sewerage situation. Apparently its perfectly acceptable to build a block of flats without internal plumbing including TOILETS !?

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 9:55pm On Jul 19, 2021
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Vlain: 12:36am On Jul 20, 2021
rvp2018:
Bigger than which one in Nigeria. Enaki residential resort is 120 acres. These will be mostly furnished long stay apartments targetting UN and International companies. Now show me something similar in Nigeria.

What rubbish.this is a hotel/resort with large pool and a tiny mall/supermarket. U are just a stupid joke and a liar as well. Hey figure influencer this tiny dot of a project is a meagre 22 acre project- lol like walking round a tiny circle. I have showed u illubirin before and it a joke to compare this Pakistan -like development to it. Think big Kenya,think big.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJA7O8vhG7k

4 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Vlain: 12:39am On Jul 20, 2021
rvp2018:
Yes it a failed city of gov offices; and nothing much. Outside the city are fulani mulsim herdsmen hunting christians for sports.

Did u also establish this. Cheap loser with silly articles and blogs. I come with visual evidence. U should be ashamed of ur zoo- Abuja abd Nairobi in the same sentence is a senile joke-Deal with that and know peace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxB6B8z_2HU

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Vlain: 12:40am On Jul 20, 2021
Shma2020:

Lol u back here grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Vlain: 12:41am On Jul 20, 2021
NTSA:

I bet kikuyu1 forgot to add this lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxB6B8z_2HU

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Obakillah: 1:23am On Jul 20, 2021
Vlain:

Did u also establish this. Cheap loser with silly articles and blogs. I come with visual evidence. U should be ashamed of ur zoo- Abuja abd Nairobi in the same sentence is a senile joke-Deal with that and know peace.

Dumb silly Nigerians never learn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5xr_68Uxg4

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Obakillah: 1:26am On Jul 20, 2021
AfriqueDuZuid:

At least try to used the right quality of bricks

How much looting have you accomplished shackman?
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just30: 1:42am On Jul 20, 2021
rvp2018:
In Nigeria, something better than this will house Nigerians and not foreigners...

When will your country start bettering the life of its citizens?

grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by AskiaHarem(m): 2:08am On Jul 20, 2021
Just30:
In Nigeria, something better than this will house Nigerians and not foreigners...

grin grin

Colony wink wink

4 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 5:30am On Jul 20, 2021
22 acres project with low or at best mixed housing scheme like Illuburn versus 120 acres of world class residential serviced apartments; Not comparable; That is why Enaki can claim to be Africa biggest residential resort.
Vlain:

What rubbish.this is a hotel/resort with large pool and a tiny mall/supermarket. U are just a stupid joke and a liar as well. Hey figure influencer this tiny dot of a project is a meagre 22 acre project- lol like walking round a tiny circle. I have showed u illubirin before and it a joke to compare this Pakistan -like development to it. Think big Kenya,think big.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJA7O8vhG7k

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 5:33am On Jul 20, 2021
Kenya is not a baren zoo like Ghana or Nigeria. There are lots of projects targetting different clientele. Enaki is targetting foreigners who come for short-stay and need apartments for few weeks.

Just30:

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just30: 7:37am On Jul 20, 2021
AskiaHarem:

Colony wink wink
grin grin grin

I thought the Age Of Empires was over

4 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just30: 7:40am On Jul 20, 2021
rvp2018:
Kenya is not a baren zoo like Ghana or Nigeria. There are lots of projects targetting different clientele. Enaki is targetting foreigners who come for short-stay and need apartments for few weeks.

Ghana is neither baren or a zoo-like Kenya

The only baren country that produces nothing including human resources and is a terrible zoo is Kenya...

In Nigeria and Ghana, all project target citizens because we know our citizens are rich and they can afford it...

Is it that, you guys know that Kenyans cant afford it? grin grin grin

It is not good to be poor

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 8:12am On Jul 20, 2021
Madness level 1.
Just30:
Ghana is neither baren or a zoo-like Kenya

The only baren country that produces nothing including human resources and is a terrible zoo is Kenya...

In Nigeria and Ghana, all project target citizens because we know our citizens are rich and they can afford it...

Is it that, you guys know that Kenyans cant afford it? grin grin grin

It is not good to be poor

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 20, 2021
Mr shackman. When we say kenya is catching up, believe. Stop arguing down things you have no control over.

Currently, SA is still ahead. But the dynamics in construction sector is what lays the judgemental background for everything.

When you show us tiny buldings with glass facade, we'll show you 40+flrs grand towers with glass facade in the context of buildings currently under construction.

Prove me wrong with any pic in SA that depict this grand project. And I will show you next Mr shackman cool.

The first pic is the tallest apartment in Sub-Sahara Africa. The second six are all 30+ flrs. In short, they are all massive structures.

4 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by kikuyu1(m): 8:50am On Jul 20, 2021
Obakillah:

Dumb silly Nigerians never learn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5xr_68Uxg4

These guys are human crash test dummies! No sense whatsoever hurling themselves into reality full speed repeatedly!

How FCT plans to curb open defecation-Official
The agency says public toilets will also be built in schools, markets and health centers.
ByTitilope Fadare May 25, 2021 3 min read
The Federal Capital Territory is set to build public toilets along highways in the city in order to reduce open defecation.

This was made known on Tuesday by the Deputy Director Head of Water Supply of Federal Capital Territory Rural
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/463791-how-fct-plans-to-curb-open-defecation-official.html

It was always like that: the systemic fkups you only see in a place like Naij.

[url]Using the loo in Abuja costs N400
January 22, 2011[/url]

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/01/using-the-loo-in-abuja-costs-n400/

That was a decade ago-ishyt is literally worse and they point fingers! Its like open defecation in the Uhuru Highway ditches outside Parliament! Its not in my nature to post such pix but the evidence is OVERWHELMING!

Public Toilets In Abuja!
Lack of public toilets is one of the reasons people resort to open defecation in many parts of Abuja, Nigeria’s capital city.Despite the city being, arguably, the most modern in Nigeria, there are only a few public toilets. So, faeces are not unusual sights under bridges, in uncompleted buildings and by roadsides even in the smartest parts of the city.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/health/health-investigations/282346-special-report-why-open-defecation-is-prevalent-across-nigeria.html

Abuja, Nigeria’s capital, is gradually turning into an open field where people defecate without restraint, recent checks by PREMIUM TIMES have shown.

Beneath the good roads, exotic cars and gigantic edifices the Federal Capital Territory is adorned with, are long shadows of irritating sights of human excreta...However, it has become more worrisome[b] that these eyesores are increasingly becoming a common sight in major streets in highbrow areas of the Nigerian capital.[/b]
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/283933-five-notorious-spots-where-people-defecate-openly-in-abuja.html

Just wait. An hour from now one of these dummies will come post the glories of Abuja!?

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (2493) (Reply)

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.