Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,111 members, 7,860,021 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:06 AM

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode - Politics (1626) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (1136412 Views)

Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1623) (1624) (1625) (1626) (1627) (1628) (1629) ... (2495) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 2:53pm On Nov 13, 2022
rvp20182:
It has never declared dividend. You can cookbooks to declare profit for political propaganda- but Nigeria public - want to see the dividend cheque.
It is 100% owned by the state. What dividends, dumbo?

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 2:54pm On Nov 13, 2022
obaaderemi:
grin grin grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 2:58pm On Nov 13, 2022
Just40:
grin grin grin
Just like his fellow Kenyan said, this thread will give him a Heartattack. He has started arguing more foolishly.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 3:01pm On Nov 13, 2022
obaaderemi:
Just like his fellow Kenyan said, this thread will give him a Heartattack. He has started arguing more foolishly.
grin grin grin

Just imagine him trying to compare Kenya 200kwh per Capita consumption to Ghana 1,042kwh per Capita consumption..

Isn't that madness ? grin grin

The gap is too huge to compare

3 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 3:06pm On Nov 13, 2022
rvp20182:
I am torn by Nigeria and DRC on which is a bigger jungle. By land size - DRC is twice and half bigger Jungle. So maybe we call it the biggest Jungle in Africa and Nigeria follows.

You cannot value reserves as company assets when you've proven for 40yrs that you can only generate losses and huge debts. The realizable value of such asset is almost negative.

Oil reserve that you need to battle rebels, thiefs, vandals.

Only the reserve on shores - in middle of Nigeria sea - where Shell can hook their pipes and drain without dealing with vandals are worth of something.

Heck I hear the oil production has halved to a million barrels from two million.. Angola has overtaken Nigeria...NPP years of disinvestment means the oil pipeline are now damaged and oil production is slowly down every year.

R I P, NNPC is a major shareholder in the NLNG project with the likes of shell, total and Eni. That's not the kind of thing you compare to DRC.
You are being eaten up because your country is insignificant, like you.
The biggest company in your country is Safaricom, a company whose shares and valuation are dropping like a rock. Now it's worth a meagre $8bn. Your government's share value is thereby around $3bn now. grin Is that the kind of nonsense you are bragging with? Why does small things excite you?

Check out NNPC on this list of the world's biggest oil companies by reserve( oil reserve only, not gas and Nigeria is more of a gas country than an oil country) grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 3:08pm On Nov 13, 2022
Just40:
grin grin grin

Just imagine him trying to compare Kenya 200kwh per Capita consumption to Ghana 1,042kwh per Capita consumption..

He has fallen hard to the level of his lunatic brothers here. Not that he was smart to start with. But he is trying, for a semi-illiterate. grin

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 3:11pm On Nov 13, 2022
obaaderemi:
He has fallen hard to the level of his lunatic brothers here. Not that he was smart to start with. But he is trying, for a semi-illiterate. grin
I give him some time because at least he try his best to understand the difficult things in his own way no matter how faulty that level of understanding may be to the reality. grin grin

The rest are just empty heads

For me, it is the fact that electricity is 8 times more expensive in Kenya than in Ghana. And 1.5 times more expensive in Kenya than in the USA.

The Israelis are really raping that country dry ... grin grin

There's wisdom in owning your electricity sector rather than handing it over to Israeli companies because your country is broke.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Shma2022: 3:32pm On Nov 13, 2022
Just40:
Every African country have an infrastructure deficit... That of Kenya is even greater than Ghana.
Just look at how many roads your country have to build and you'll have an idea of the disaster you have.

You keep screaming drought yet you have enough water to pour into the ground and enough water just to grow tea... Meanwhile Egypt is more dryer than your country but they meet all their agriculture needs .

Do you even know how much Ghana had to spend from 2000 to 2012 just to fight desertification to make it possible for food to be grown in northern Ghana?

Borrowing 80 billion dollars and adding another 10 billion dollars just last month with nothing to show for it only indicate how backward your country is
Man, I'm talking about Ghana's infrastructure deficit in comparison with Kenya. Ghana is a jungle of emptiness and slums. No serious world-class infrastructure development can be traced over there.
KENhA(kenya highways) alone has done 21,900km of road network. That is way above the 18,068km total ghana network. If you add kuRA, kws, and the rest, you arrive at more or less 25k - 27k km. When uhuru left, there was about 10,000km of roads under construction, and some proposed. So by 2024, the goal is to hit 40k km. I know ghana has no extra money for development unless they borrow, which is not favorable for their collapsing economy & valueless cedi. That means, they will never catch up with Kenya in their entire existence, unless miracles happen.
Kenya spends ksh70B( $0.69M)on road maintenance. Little Ghana can't hack that!

In the case of drought, you need to pump more money to counter the situation. That is an extra monetary task that does not guarantee success. Ghana has no reason to pump borrowed billions of USD on dam construction, neutralization or desalinization of saline water, piping, and maintenance. You have gold to grow your economy, you have no people affected by drought, you literally have everything. Why are you backward? Why are you wallowing in debt and poverty?
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp20182: 3:34pm On Nov 13, 2022
Obaboon, how does it being owned 100% help Nigeria? A company only help when it generate returns in form of dividends to the shareholders - in this case Nigeria gov & public. NPP generate losses and debt. You're borrowing to prop it.

You can imagine selling crude and making losses.

obaaderemi:
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp20182: 3:36pm On Nov 13, 2022
Oil reserves doesnt generate money. It will generate money when you can produce the oil from the reserves and sell it's profitably. Something NPP has been unable to do for donkey years.

They call it the Nigeria Oil curse.

obaaderemi:
R I P, NNPC is a major shareholder in the NLNG project with the likes of shell, total and Eni. That's not the kind of thing you compare to DRC.
You are being eaten up because your country is insignificant, like you.
The biggest company in your country is Safaricom, a company whose shares and valuation are dropping like a rock. Now it's worth a meagre $8bn. Your government's share value is thereby around $3bn now. grin Is that the kind of nonsense you are bragging with? Why does small things excite you?

Check out NNPC on this list of the world's biggest oil companies by reserve( oil reserve only, not gas and Nigeria is more of a gas country than an oil country) grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp20182: 3:37pm On Nov 13, 2022
Misery love company. You're both now openly consoling each other. Facts are stubborn things. We are not interested in pyscho-analysis of online moniker.
obaaderemi:
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Shma2022: 3:38pm On Nov 13, 2022
Just40:
you're afraid of facts keep running grin grin

Bloomberg was the one who told us your servicing cost is 14 billion dollars this year... Are they also posting nothingness? grin
I got the 70% figure from bloomberg. Your debt to GDP is currently 81% as opposed to previously purported 68%. So basically, you're playing around 78- 81%.

Check this out.

By the year 2000, the government of Ghana had borrowed so much that the country was in debt distress. It then subscribed to the Heavily Indebted Poor Countries initiative of the International Monetary Fund and World Bank. Consequently, much of the country’s external debt of over US$4 billion was written off by creditors. By the time the initiative ended in 2006, Ghana’s total public debt stock was US$780 million (25% of GDP). The debt stock has since risen by 7000% to $54 billion, which is 78% of GDP. The current debt to GDP ratio is 78%, while the average for developing countries is 60%
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp20182: 3:39pm On Nov 13, 2022
You write nonsense almost 99% - and you make this thread like wading through a Accra - with open sewers - and we have to jump over it.

Rule number uno/one - when you quote data - try to add a link.

Then we can have an intellectual debate.

If someone was to read this thread - all they see is another West Africa online slum - littered with garbage.

Just40:
grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp20182: 3:41pm On Nov 13, 2022
Yes - both Ghana and Nigeria had huge debt forgiven - but here they are - indebted to their gills - and almost both have no viable plan to pay off it. They simply dont generate revenues needed to pay off debt.

They are now claiming their reserves will pay for it. DRC would already be 1st world.

Shma2022:

I got the 70% figure from bloomberg. Your debt to GDP is currently 81% as opposed to previously purported 68%.

Check this out.

By the year 2000, the government of Ghana had borrowed so much that the country was in debt distress. It then subscribed to the Heavily Indebted Poor Countries initiative of the International Monetary Fund and World Bank. Consequently, much of the country’s external debt of over US$4 billion was written off by creditors. By the time the initiative ended in 2006, Ghana’s total public debt stock was US$780 million (25% of GDP). The debt stock has since risen by 7000% to $54 billion, which is 78% of GDP. The current debt to GDP ratio is 78%, while the average for developing countries is 60%

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 3:45pm On Nov 13, 2022
Shma2022:

Man, I'm talking about Ghana's infrastructure deficit in comparison with Kenya. Ghana is a jungle of emptiness and slums. No serious world-class infrastructure development can be traced over there.
KENhA(kenya highways) alone has done 21,900km of road network. That is way above the 18,068km total ghana network. If you add kuRA, kws, and the rest, you arrive at more or less 25k - 27k km. When uhuru left, there was about 10,000km of roads under construction, and some proposed. So by 2024, the goal is to hit 40k km. I know ghana has no extra money for development unless they borrow, which is not favorable for their collapsing economy & valueless cedi. That means, they will never catch up with Kenya in their entire existence, unless miracles happen.
Kenya spends ksh70B( $0.69M)on road maintenance. Little Ghana can't hack that!

In the case of drought, you need to pump more money to counter the situation. That is an extra monetary task that does not guarantee success. Ghana has no reason to pump borrowed billions of USD on dam construction, neutralization or desalinization of saline water, piping, and maintenance. You have gold to grow your economy, you have no people affected by drought, you literally have everything. Why are you backward? Why are you wallowing in debt and poverty?
I'm comparing paved network and you're here mentioning dusty roads? While Kenya highways has only been able to pave 9,000km of it network.... That's is 1/3rd of what Ghana has.

Good luck to you rising from 18,000km of paved roads to 40,000km when you country only adds 200km of paved roads per year. grin grin

The rest of your write up is thrash
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Shma2022: 3:45pm On Nov 13, 2022
rvp20182:
Yes - both Ghana and Nigeria had huge debt forgiven - but here they are - indebted to their gills - and almost both have no viable plan to pay off it. They simply dont generate revenues needed to pay off debt.

They are now claiming their reserves will pay for it. DRC would already be 1st world.

Their leaders are incompetent for the task. I don't know if it's the waffas DNA of being dumb that is playing around or they are just extremely corrupt. A country like ghana should not even be talking about debts. Nigeria with huge oil resources should not be struggling.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp20182: 3:46pm On Nov 13, 2022
The difference btw normal thinking human and mad man is the soundness of their argument.

Basic sound argumentation 101 that you learn in lower primary debating class.

When you allege something with data - quote the data - paste the data - add link - SUPPORT.

That normally should end the debate - because data is sacrosanct - facts are sacred.

Either you're mentally ill therefore cannot make sound argument or you got bad education or bad morals from Accra slums- or all the above

Just40:
I give him some time because at least he try his best to understand the difficult things in his own way no matter how faulty that level of understanding may be to the reality. grin grin

For me, it is the fact that electricity is 8 times more expensive in Kenya than in Ghana. And 1.5 times more expensive in Kenya than in the USA.

There's wisdom in owning your electricity sector rather than handing it over to Israeli companies because your country is broke.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 3:48pm On Nov 13, 2022
Shma2022:

I got the 70% figure from bloomberg. Your debt to GDP is currently 81% as opposed to previously purported 68%. So basically, you're playing around 78- 81%.

Check this out.

78% in 2020 and 68% in August 2022 get current...

Next comparison
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp20182: 3:49pm On Nov 13, 2022
Nov 2022 - Ghana debt to GDP is above 100%.

Another bailout won't solve Ghana's economic crisis
Oct 20, 2022 — The major problem now is rising debt, which stands above 80% of GDP and is projected to reach 104% by the end of 2022. Ghana has been thrust

Just40:

Next comparison
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Shma2022: 3:50pm On Nov 13, 2022
Just40:
I'm comparing paved network and you're here mentioning dusty roads? While Kenya highways has only been able to pave 9,000km of it network.... That's is 1/3rd of what Ghana has.

Good luck to you rising from 18,000km of paved roads to 40,000km when you country only adds 200km of paved roads per year. grin grin

The rest of your write up is thrash
Dude, Kenya is not ghana. I can give you an official website of 21,900km of paved kenHA road network. I don't throw random numbers like you.

And read to understand, don't read to respond. I said our target by 2024 is to hit 40k km. That is achievable if we add 7k of new roads yearly.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 3:51pm On Nov 13, 2022
rvp20182:
You write nonsense almost 99% - and you make this thread like wading through a Accra - with open sewers - and we have to jump over it.

Rule number uno/one - when you quote data - try to add a link.

Then we can have an intellectual debate.

If someone was to read this thread - all they see is another West Africa online slum - littered with garbage.

Most of Accra drainages are covered.. I know that is strange in Kenya hence the eyesore you guys created with your expressway.

Good you've realized you're just a loser on all front

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Shma2022: 3:52pm On Nov 13, 2022
Just40:

Next comparison
Hahaaa... These are the figures for 2022. Lemme give you the link.

https://theconversation.com/ghana-and-the-imf-debt-restructuring-must-go-hand-in-hand-with-managing-finances-better-191877#:~:text=Ghana's%20total%20public%20debt%20as,was%20US%2428.1%20billion%20(GHS203.

Bloomberg is saying 81%.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp20182: 3:53pm On Nov 13, 2022
The world dirtest city with cholera epidemic that normal kill thousands. That is accra. And you're here online with choleric diarhoea on threads it impossible to have a sober debate.

This akin to a mad house.

Just40:
Most of Accra drainages are covered.. I know that is strange in Kenya hence the eyesore you guys created with your expressway.

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 3:55pm On Nov 13, 2022
Just40:

grin Everything is expensive there. The reason is not farfetched, foreigners control everything in Kenya.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Shma2022: 3:56pm On Nov 13, 2022
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp20182: 3:58pm On Nov 13, 2022
Do you even have electricity ? You'd pay everything to have our electricity. Price come after you have it.
obaaderemi:
grin Everything is expensive there. The reason is not farfetched, foreigners control everything in Kenya.

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Shma2022: 3:58pm On Nov 13, 2022
Just40:

Go Lie to your intellectually dwarf caliber. The accra we know can be a case study for open drainage systems that breed diseases. Open defecation is extremely high in that small zoo.

Don't be jealous of our expressway. A normal Ghanaian in the grand scheme of things can only view such magnificent infrastructure in a dream - I get it.

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 4:01pm On Nov 13, 2022
rvp20182:
Misery love company. You're both now openly consoling each other. Facts are stubborn things. We are not interested in pyscho-analysis of online moniker.
Consoling what? We're kicking you around like a football. Why didn't you tell us your Safaricom had sunken below $9bn instead of quoting $18bn fraudulently? grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 4:03pm On Nov 13, 2022
rvp20182:
Do you even have electricity ? You'd pay everything to have our electricity. Price come after you have it.
At least your tarrif is higher than Nigeria's according to your chart. wink
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp20182: 4:03pm On Nov 13, 2022
Almost every stock has sunk worldwide as we are in bear market. I use the past tense. We will sell when prize is right. I assume that you're normally not mad - just have bad education and low IQ.

How much is Dangote worth now?

obaaderemi:
Consoling what? We're kicking you around like a football. Why didn't you tell us your Safaricom had sunken below $9bn instead of quoting $18bn fraudulently? grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp20182: 4:04pm On Nov 13, 2022
You need to juxtapose that graph with the actual availability. Kenya enjoys almost 99% electricity coverage - you're luckly if you get 4hours per day.

Maybe if you paid more - your bankrupt power companies - will have the money to turn the turbines - and add you two hours of power - and you wont be angry about kenya - a success story in power sector.

obaaderemi:
At least your tarrif is higher than Nigeria's according to your chart. wink
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Shma2022: 4:04pm On Nov 13, 2022
obaaderemi:
You're here to fight for this dwarf or you want to contest for word wasting trophy, 0buffoon?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1623) (1624) (1625) (1626) (1627) (1628) (1629) ... (2495) (Reply)

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.