Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,404 members, 7,853,790 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:06 AM

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode - Politics (2311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (1132599 Views)

Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2308) (2309) (2310) (2311) (2312) (2313) (2314) ... (2494) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Saddamochieng00(m): 1:03pm On Jul 21, 2023
Shma2023:

Trust me when I tell you Annael is Kazikazi. Even kazi himself will never dispute this. Kazikazi's different moniker is Annael. Yes KAZIKAZI=ANNAEL.
Obiano from the name is a Luo, meaning, he's a Kenyan. He's only a staunch supporter of Azimuo. Maybe you're yet to meet the die hard of Baba... You'll think they come from mass. The point is, don't go personal on a Kenyan who don't view the same ideals you're holding. But I also have a problem with him massaging Nigerians @ss, mudslinging Kenya just because of Ruto.

He's just as delusional as the Tanzanians. We're all in this mess together but that doesn't mean you paralyse all our businesses and damage livelihoods because you feel more afflicted.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Obiano13: 4:05pm On Jul 21, 2023
Shma2023:

People who died are thieves masquerading as protesters. They are taking advantage of peaceful demo and fixing their barbarism. I'm not trying to justify the killings, it's not the best approach when we're guided by the rule of law - certainly no life was in danger; so we can rule out self defense. But I'm for a point that this maandamano thing is a typical power wrangle and has nothing to do with the cost of living, taxes and whatnot. However, kenyans by majority are tired! Yes, The ideals are good for the economy, but punitive for a common citizen, and that is not good for Ruto's future. Now the question is, When will this fiscal financial consolidation policy end? Heck! We have even heard a slow economy growth rate in the first quarter. But the good thing is we're still growing even with the meagre growth rate, as compared to previous year. Another good thing is, we've reduced our fiscal deficits by nearly ksh100B. However, there are plenty of problems with this govt. LIES! We're currently doing 62% against the threshold of 55% in debt stock. That means we have gone against the policy of not tresspassing the 55% debt ceiling; that notwithstanding the punitive revenue collection.

I shudder at your audacity. A female college student shot on her back as she entered the school gate after lunch, a young man shot on the head while walking home, primary school children teargassed in their classroom, etc. You call these thieves? Piece of advise, young man, morality is the attitude we develop towards people we dislike.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Obiano13: 4:26pm On Jul 21, 2023
Shma2023:

Trust me when I tell you Annael is Kazikazi. Even kazi himself will never dispute this. Kazikazi's different moniker is Annael. Yes KAZIKAZI=ANNAEL.
Obiano from the name is a Luo, meaning, he's a Kenyan. He's only a staunch supporter of Azimuo. Maybe you're yet to meet the die hard of Baba... You'll think they come from mass. The point is, don't go personal on a Kenyan who don't view the same ideals you're holding. But I also have a problem with him massaging Nigerians @ss, mudslinging Kenya just because of Ruto.

How did I massage Nigerians behinds or mud slang Kenya? Petrol is 1068 Naira (195 Kshs) which is a statement of fact. Have you bought fuel lately? the economy is a mess. Thats another statement of fact. If you have a problem with me attacking Ruto its probably because you're naturally mediocre. Every Kenyan agrees the man is not fit for the job. He is worse than Uhuru even. Have you checked the Kenya shilling against the dollar? As soon as the idiot was sworn in it tanked. By the end of the year it will be 200 to the dollar, something no Kenyan would ever have dreamed even on the worst night. Young Kenyans like you are struggling to import cars. A weak currency would ideally stimulate exports but even thats not possible because investors cant cope with the prices of electricity and obscene taxes. The CS for trade is an immature drunkard. Nearly every CS is incompetent. Ruto even went ahead and created unconstitutional positions to reward his cronies. Thank God the judiciary is hearing none of his BS. This is the same idiot who campaigned to his goats on a platform of reduced spending creating 50 senior govt positions that dont exist. Even if Uhuru drunk for 9 months straight this would never have happened. Chart below is from Sep 2022 when Lootall was sworn in. You can see the stratospheric trajectory.

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 5:56pm On Jul 21, 2023
Nigerian CBN still clearing backlogs of FX. Cleared up to first quarter 2023 so far though still left with Airlines backlogs and others.
Hence Naira moving up and down.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Shaytun: 6:56pm On Jul 21, 2023
Kudos

4 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Jamestown123: 7:32pm On Jul 21, 2023
What is wrong with kenya self? I just can't imagine that the whole kenya don't have a quality stadium fit for caf champions league game.

4 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 8:41pm On Jul 21, 2023
Jamestown123:
What is wrong with kenya self? I just can't imagine that the whole kenya don't have a quality stadium fit for caf champions league game.
I can pardon them on this one since Kenya is not a football nation.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by 68816419: 10:00pm On Jul 21, 2023
Soon gonna be the best bank in Africa
Last year, the bank acquired a Zambian banking giant to cement its footprints in that African country Read more: https://www.legit.ng/business-economy/industry/1544041-access-bank-acquires-bank-angola-moves-dominate-africa/

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by theenchanter: 10:04pm On Jul 21, 2023
GeneralDae:

lame excuse.

But Kenya is a rugby nation, where do they play their rugby? And if they can't fix their stadiums nor aren't a footballing nation, why should they bother playing caf competition?

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 10:16pm On Jul 21, 2023
68816419:
Soon gonna be the best bank in Africa
Last year, the bank acquired a Zambian banking giant to cement its footprints in that African country Read more: https://www.legit.ng/business-economy/industry/1544041-access-bank-acquires-bank-angola-moves-dominate-africa/
They are positioning themselves for AFREXIM Bank Pan African payment. It's deliberate.
You can see those countries may not have a lot of business activities going on but ACCESS Bank don't care about that for now.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by SPOPOVICH: 11:16pm On Jul 21, 2023
Nigeria maintains largest African economy for fifth year in a row as Egypt catches up

Nigeria remains the largest African economy with a nominal GDP of $477.4 billion.

The top three economies accounted for 49.5% of the African continent’s economy.

Angola recorded the fastest growth, while Zimbabwe contracted the most.

Egypt is catching up with Nigeria with a GDP of $476.7 billion.

Nigeria maintained the position of the largest economy on the African continent for the fifth consecutive year in 2022, with a nominal GDP of $477.4 billion.

The giant of Africa, as it is mostly referred to, accounted for 17.4% of the African economy in the review year ($2.7 trillion).

This is according to data released by the World Bank. Nigeria has topped this list since 2018 when it overtook South Africa as the largest African economy.

According to the World Bank, Nigeria’s economy grew by 8.3% year over year in 2022 from $440.8 billion recorded in the previous year.

Egypt followed with a GDP estimate of $476.7 billion, having recorded a 12.3% growth in its GDP from $424.7 billion in 2021. In third position was South Africa with an estimate of $405.9 billion.

It is worth noting that the top three economies on the continent account for almost half of the continent’s economy (49.5%).

Other countries that made the list of the top 10 largest economies in Africa include Algeria ($191.9 billion), Ethiopia ($126.8 billion), Kenya ($113.4 billion), Angola ($106.7 billion), Tanzania ($75.7 billion), Ghana ($72.8 billion), and Cote d’Ivoire ($70 billion).

Egypt is however catching up with Nigeria on the list of largest economies on the African continent after the northeastern country expanded by 12.3% to $476.7 billion, almost levelling with Nigeria.

Egypt surpassed South Africa in 2020 as the second-largest African economy and has remained in that position to date.

Fastest growing economies

On the list of fastest-growing economies on the African continent, Angola topped the list with a growth rate of 62.5%. Specifically, the GDP of the central African country increased from $65.7 billion recorded in 2021 to $106.7 billion in 2022.

According to the African Development Bank (AfDB), the growth was spurred by sustained high oil prices, which averaged $100.65/barrel in 2022.

Sudan followed with a growth rate of 50.9% as GDP grew from $34.2 billion to $51.7 billion in the review year. Zambia recorded a growth rate of 34.5% to stand in third position, while Guinea was the fourth fastest growing with a nominal growth rate of 31.9%. Seychelles grew by 23.4% to $1.59 billion in 2022.

On the flip side, Zimbabwe recorded the highest contraction of 27.1% as its nominal GDP dropped from $28.4 billion to $20.7 billion. Ghana followed with an 8% contraction, while the GDP of Sierra Leone dipped by 6.6% year-on-year.

Meanwhile, the continent’s economy expanded by 3.8% to $2.7 trillion from $2.5 trillion recorded in the previous year, despite different headwinds, which impact most economies on the continent, ranging from high inflationary pressure, fiscal deficit, and high debt amongst others.

What they are saying

The African Development Bank has said that Africa is poised to become the second-fastest growing region globally in 2023, following Asia, underscoring the resilience of its economy in the face of numerous global shocks.

However, the attainment of this projected growth hinges on both global circumstances and Africa’s capacity to enhance its economic resilience, as indicated by the 2023 African Economic Outlook report by the African Development Bank.

The report, unveiled by the regional bank, predicts that Africa will strengthen its recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic, leading to a 4.3% increase in GDP growth in 2024, up from 3.8% in 2022. It further highlights that 22 countries are expected to achieve growth rates exceeding 5%.

It, however, recommended robust policy actions, including incentivizing green industries, and providing guarantees at scale to de-risk private sector investments in managing natural capital across the continent.

https://nairametrics.com/2023/07/21/nigeria-maintains-largest-african-economy-for-fifth-year-in-a-row-as-egypt-catches-up/

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Jamestown123: 7:21am On Jul 22, 2023
GeneralDae:

Even at that, they need to have at least 1 standard stadium to boost of. Standard Olympic stadium that you can even host any type of sports there.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by AfriqueDuZuid: 8:11am On Jul 22, 2023
Shma2023:

Even the countries I emboldened are not comparable to India. India GDP is $3.176 _ Trillion, the best which is SA is a mere $399B - 7times higher. Maybe you can bring in humanity indices like cost of living, per capita and maybe SA will win. But by countries progress? Nope! India is powerful. Mumbai is incomparable to any city in African.

Average indian is smarter than average African. The only problem with India is that they have failed to manage their sprawling population

India economy is 6x that of SA

However it has 25x bigger population, by that SA wins

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 22, 2023
AfriqueDuZuid:

India economy is 6x that of SA

However it has 25x bigger population, by that SA wins
I will prove to you why the emboldened is the biggest fallacy.

This boils down to GDP per capita. SA's GDP per capita is 6043 USD. India's GDP per capita is 2600 USD, meaning, you have twice india's per capita Notwithstanding your tiny population. If we picture it from that angle, you're doing terrible.

Mathematically, from what you said, your GDP per cap should be hovering around 59,000 USD, since your population is 25 times lower. - this means you're doing way worse!

For starters:
South Africa
399B/66M = 6045 USD

India
3.7T/1.4B = 2640 USD

India GDP with SA population

3.7T/66M = GDP per capita 56,060 USD ( 56060 ÷ 6045 = 9 times higher)

South African GDP with India's population.

399B/1.4B = $285 ( 6045 ÷ 285 = 21 times lower)

Overall.
your GDP per capita using population is 12 times lower (21 - 9 = 12times) that's why I said average indian is smarter than average south African; irrigardless of how shithole India is in Asia. Their population is more productive.

4 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by SPOPOVICH: 1:55pm On Jul 22, 2023
smart guygrin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by AfriqueDuZuid: 3:08pm On Jul 22, 2023
Shma2023:

This boils down to GDP per capita. SA's GDP per capita is 6043 USD. India's GDP per capita is 2600 USD, meaning, you have twice india's per capita Notwithstanding your tiny population. If we picture it from that angle, you're doing terrible.

Mathematically, from what you said, your GDP per cap should be hovering around 59,000 USD, since your population is 25 times lower. - this means you're doing way worse!

For starters:
South Africa
399B/66M = 6045 USD

India
3.7T/1.4B = 2640 USD

Overall.
your GDP per capita using population is 12 times lower (21 - 9 = 12times) that's why I said average indian is smarter than average south African; irrigardless of how shithole India is in Asia. Their population is more productive.

Am average South African times 2 more productive than an average indian

South Africa $6500
India $2600

You just had to look at gdp per capita, maths and economics were never your thing..... grin grin grin

SA PPP per capita $16 000
India PPP per capita $9000

smiley wink

3 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by AfriqueDuZuid: 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2023
Shma2023:

For starters:
South Africa
399B/66M = 6045 USD

India
3.7T/1.4B = 2640 USD

Overall.

You scored massive own goal grin grin

Maths was never your thing grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 22, 2023
AfriqueDuZuid:

Am average South African times 2 more productive than an average indian

South Africa $6500
India $2600

You just had to look at gdp per capita, maths and economics were never your thing..... grin grin grin

SA PPP per capita $16 000
India PPP per capita $9000

smiley wink

Condition your brain to think, because we've just plunged into a conversation that is way above your pay grade.

You brought population, I didn't. South Aftrica GDP is $399B, her population is 66M. There you have 6045 USD as GDP per capita. Ignore that and let's assume your GDP per cap is what you said, $6500. Do you realize that population still remain static and the outcome won't dispute the fact that your GDP per capita ain't nothing to India. By that I mean, with the strides India has taken in managing her population, SA can't hack. Your population is TOOOOOOOOO TINY! to be having a GDP per capita of $6k.

FYI, India GDP PPP is a whopping 13 Trillion. You are doing 952 Billion, that is 14times higher. cool
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 22, 2023
AfriqueDuZuid:

You scored massive own goal grin grin

Maths was never your thing grin grin
Where did you not understand?

That was simple logic, it wasn't rocket science.

Lemme ask you a question to see if you understood anything.
What does 25 times bigger population mean in GDP per capita?
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 3:50pm On Jul 22, 2023
Shma2023:

Condition your brain to think, because we've just plunged into a conversation that is way above your pay grade.

You brought population, I didn't. South Aftrica GDP is $399B, her population is 66M. There you have 6045 USD as GDP per capita. Ignore that and let's assume your GDP per cap is what you said, $6500. Do you realize that population still remain static and the outcome won't dispute the fact that your GDP per capita ain't nothing to India. By that I mean, with the strides India has taken in managing her population, SA can't hack. Your population is TOOOOOOOOO TINY! to be having a GDP per capita of $6k.

FYI, India GDP PPP is a whopping 13 Trillion. You are doing 952 Billion, that is 14times higher. cool
Let me play the devil's advocate here 😄

GDP is total output. This total output depends a lot on population. Infact Dr congo is the only country I know with population above 70 million still doing less than 70 Billion dollars in GDP and that's because of unrest in many parts there aside the capital.

So tiny population of SA cannot compete with India in GDP.
To me, GDP per capita is a useless metric, so I won't dwell on that but that doesn't mean GDP itself is not heavily dependent on population/Land/Resources.

Example: More people farming in more lands leads to higher agricultural production output and higher GDP mostly.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 22, 2023
GeneralDae:

Let me play the devil's advocate here 😄

GDP is total output. This total output depends a lot on population. Infact Dr congo is the only country I know with population above 70 million still doing less than 70 Billion dollars in GDP and that's because of unrest in many parts there aside the capital.

So tiny population of SA cannot compete with India in GDP.
To me, GDP per capita is a useless metric, so I won't dwell on that but that doesn't mean GDP itself is not heavily dependent on population/Land/Resources.

Example more people farming in more lands leads to higher agricultural production output and higher GDP mostly.

Correct! I can also add that the more productive population you have, the more likely you have more Accounted money in circulation. Hence the, bigger GDP. I understand.

The reason I brought up population comparison is to point out logic, which is_ population is directly proportional to your GDP per capita. The more the population you have, (assuming all GDP figure is static) the lesser your GDP per capita... For instance, if your population growth rate is more than your GDP growth rate, it's to be expected that your per capita will generate a downward trajectory on growth rate as year goes by.

GDP per capita is the most useless invention by economists. I agree.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by EKONGKING: 10:10pm On Jul 22, 2023
Shma2023:

Even the countries I emboldened are not comparable to India. India GDP is $3.176 _ Trillion, the best which is SA is a mere $399B - 7times higher. Maybe you can bring in humanity indices like cost of living, per capita and maybe SA will win. But by countries progress? Nope! India is powerful. Mumbai is incomparable to any city in African.

Average indian is smarter than average African. The only problem with India is that they have failed to manage their sprawling population

India GDP is right now 3.75 trillion dollars and will be 3rd largest economy by 2027 at maximum .

India has finally managed to get population under control ,please check a average Indian family now produce just 2.13 children per couple .
Just at the rate of replacement levels .

The amount of transformation going on in India is mind blogging in last 10 years .
Don t compare any Indian cities to SA ,they are Sh@t as there is no city planning from their Independence .
From 1970s Indian government has started family planning in big way ,but it did not work , The economy of India opened up in 1990s and the growth of I.T sector especially has opened the eyes of many Indians ,success stories of many CEOs of silicon valley of Indian origin fueled even more fire .
Imagine a guy who studied and went abroad or working in top notch I.T companies in India and whose parents got lifted from slum and enjoying their life in the new villa in the city or village and have all luxurious amenities , that where started the aspiration and development of Indians started .

Current Indian Pm Modi tapped into this aspiration of Indian youth and their families in 2014 elections. and he started development like no one else
I came to India in 2004 as my father has been given a hardship posting in Unilever ,faced a lot of racial discrimination . My ultimate goal is to escape to western countries during that time .During the same time I.T industry took off .
I am still here 20 years on ,Earning fat salaries .

I just want our African countries like Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Ghana etc to create enabling environment for IT to progress. They are thousands of Africans working for Indian IT companies ,whose designation is to handle Multi National African companies from telecommunications ,retail ,Cement, Refineries .

Only a small staff will be in project site ,rest will be all over the World especially in India and Philippines .

Instead of pretty squabbles , think about big picture guys .

If China and India can do it ,why cant we .
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by AfriqueDuZuid: 6:11am On Jul 23, 2023
Shma2023:

Again PPP per capita we still $16 000 and India is $9 000

So SA still wins wink

3 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by AfriqueDuZuid: 6:17am On Jul 23, 2023
Shma2023:

Correct! I can also add that the more productive population you have, the more likely you have more Accounted money in circulation. Hence the, bigger GDP. I understand.

The reason I brought up population comparison is to point out logic, which is_ population is directly proportional to your GDP per capita. The more the population you have, (assuming all GDP figure is static) the lesser your GDP per capita... For instance, if your population growth rate is more than your GDP growth rate, it's to be expected that your per capita will generate a downward trajectory on growth rate as year goes by.

GDP per capita is the most useless invention by economists. I agree.

Per capita was used to measure average per head... The higher it was the better the systems work

Of cos you are gonna have the likes of equitorial Guinea or Gabon

In economics, GDP and income per capita are used to understand a country's average level of prosperity and for making like comparisons across countries.

In essence countries with higher per capita are doing better even in terms of quality of life

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by AfriqueDuZuid: 6:20am On Jul 23, 2023
EKONGKING:

India GDP is right now 3.75 trillion dollars and will be 3rd largest economy by 2027 at maximum .

India has finally managed to get population under control ,please check a average Indian family now produce just 2.13 children per couple .
Just at the rate of replacement levels .

The amount of transformation going on in India is mind blogging in last 10 years .
Don t compare any Indian cities to SA ,they are Sh@t as there is no city planning from their Independence .
From 1970s Indian government has started family planning in big way ,but it did not work , The economy of India opened up in 1990s and the growth of I.T sector especially has opened the eyes of many Indians ,success stories of many CEOs of silicon valley of Indian origin fueled even more fire .
Imagine a guy who studied and went abroad or working in top notch I.T companies in India and whose parents got lifted from slum and enjoying their life in the new villa in the city or village and have all luxurious amenities , that where started the aspiration and development of Indians started .

Current Indian Pm Modi tapped into this aspiration of Indian youth and their families in 2014 elections. and he started development like no one else
I came to India in 2004 as my father has been given a hardship posting in Unilever ,faced a lot of racial discrimination . My ultimate goal is to escape to western countries during that time .During the same time I.T industry took off .
I am still here 20 years on ,Earning fat salaries .

I just want our African countries like Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Ghana etc to create enabling environment for IT to progress. They are thousands of Africans working for Indian IT companies ,whose designation is to handle Multi National African companies from telecommunications ,retail ,Cement, Refineries .

Only a small staff will be in project site ,rest will be all over the World especially in India and Philippines .

Instead of pretty squabbles , think about big picture guys .

If China and India can do it ,why cant we .

India is a poor country with

If you were saying China I would concede

India is just an oversized kenya

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by AfriqueDuZuid: 7:37am On Jul 23, 2023
Shma2023:

Where did you not understand?

That was simple logic, it wasn't rocket science.

Lemme ask you a question to see if you understood anything.
What does 25 times bigger population mean in GDP per capita?

Gdp per capita is gdp/population

Your question is out of place

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 8:09am On Jul 23, 2023
AfriqueDuZuid:

India is a poor country with

If you were saying China I would concede

India is just an oversized kenya
India is not just poor, it is backward just like Kenya

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 23, 2023
AfriqueDuZuid:

Gdp per capita is gdp/population

Your question is out of place
This is how you fail exams in school. Your IQ is too tiny. Comprehension skill is lacking.
No one asked you to draw the formula for per capita, I believe anyone with a degree in maths or business and economics has that basic level of understanding in that regard. My question was simple, what does 25 times bigger population means in per capita. Simple answer: assuming the GDP is static, the per capita will be 25 times lower. China for instance has nearly the same GDP with Seychelles _ the inventions by China and their influence in geopolitics is something that Seychelles itself can't think of. Lemme give you another instance, South Africa can be having 100M phones, 1 person might be having 600Phones or 1000Phones in a shop waiting to be sold. Several client might come purchase 5 phones at once, after every year when per capita phone consumption is done, they will not overlook the extra phones. Total, vs the number of people in the country . The outcome will not be on the level pegging with the reality on ground. Top one % will make the per capita boom, it's not because population has been managed. I said that to say this: Per capita can be deceiving. Per capita only gives a granular info for silly comparison. And I didn't factor in the fact that per capita expresses the average number for all of the country's citizens. This includes everything from infants to eldest citizens - who contribute nothing.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 23, 2023
AfriqueDuZuid:

Per capita was used to measure average per head... The higher it was the better the systems work

Of cos you are gonna have the likes of equitorial Guinea or Gabon

In economics, GDP and income per capita are used to understand a country's average level of prosperity and for making like comparisons across countries.

In essence countries with higher per capita are doing better even in terms of quality of life
You're not educating a kindergarten kid. Save all these definitions for your future kids.
Countries with bigger capita are doing better in what terms? India's total export value is $500B.
The best South Africa has ever reached was $143B back in 2022. SA only exports mineral resource to India, on the other hand, India exports electronics, machineries, services and whatnot. India is better because they have more cognitive ability than average Khoisan or zulu.
India is ranked way ahead in economic complexity index... South Africa is nowhere - it only shines in Africa... And her best rank is through gold and coal.
India Airforce is among the powerful in the world. India has 25times more combat aircraft that SA. India spend $43B in military budget, that's 11 times higher than SA.
India is ranked way ahead of SA in global peace index. I don't what you're talking about.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 23, 2023
Just40:
India is not just poor, it is backward just like Kenya
I know you want to make it an India vs Ghana affair. Ghana is in the extreme end of backwardness. At least SA can try.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 12:39pm On Jul 23, 2023
Shma2023:

I know you want to make it an India vs Ghana affair. Ghana is in the extreme end of backwardness. At least SA can try.
This comment was not for you

It started with you comparing India to Ghana and I told you Ghana was far better off and more progressive in every way possible.

But here you go again dragging it with SA despite the fact that SA is better than India on all front.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 12:52pm On Jul 23, 2023
Shma2023:

This is how you fail exams in school. Your IQ is too tiny. Comprehension skill is lacking.
No one asked you to draw the formula for per capita, I believe anyone with a degree in maths or business and economics has that basic level of understanding in that regard. My question was simple, what does 25 times bigger population means in per capita. Simple answer: assuming the GDP is static, the per capita will be 25 times lower. China for instance has nearly the same GDP with Seychelles _ the inventions by China and their influence in geopolitics is something that Seychelles itself can't think of. Lemme give you another instance, South Africa can be having 100M phones, 1 person might be having 600Phones or 1000Phones in a shop waiting to be sold. Several client might come purchase 5 phones at once, after every year when per capita phone consumption is done, they will not overlook the extra phones. Total, vs the number of people in the country . The outcome will not be on the level pegging with the reality on ground. Top one % will make the per capita boom, it's not because population has been managed. I said that to say this: Per capita can be deceiving. Per capita only gives a granular info for silly comparison. And I didn't factor in the fact that per capita expresses the average number for all of the country's citizens. This includes everything from infants to eldest citizens - who contribute nothing.
You have no understanding of productivity. And this your write up without a point only refreshes my mind on what a child you are.

These are the 4 factors of production
1.land
2. Labour
3. Capital
4. Entrepreneurship

All of these, India has them more than SA so it shouldn't be hard for India to have a higher productivity than SA considering that they can put in more labour to land and produce absolutely massively considering their access to capital(meaning each individual might contribute more if utilized). Though there's a disadvantage

But this is not the case as India is massively struggling and it keeps making mediocre choices.

Living standards in India remain lower than Nigeria...know this and no Indian will ever disrespect you

(1) (2) (3) ... (2308) (2309) (2310) (2311) (2312) (2313) (2314) ... (2494) (Reply)

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.