Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,406 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness (7540 Views)

Holineness And Righteousness Revival Messages And Bible Verses / 12 Signs Of Self-righteousness And Pharisee-ism Among Christians Today / Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness by probrand: 11:53pm On Sep 03, 2016
How do you develop the supernatural the covenant power of will to do the right things that pleases God rather than the things that pleases yourself?...

Righteousness has to do with your relationship with humanity, while Holiness is your relationship with God.

The first step is by spending time in the word of God and in fervent prayer. Romans 8:5 says it this way : For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh, but they that are after the spirit, do mind the things of the spirit.

If you want to build and grow physically and build big muscles, you have to spend time lifting weights and physical things to build those muscles; if you want to grow spiritually, you will have to spend time doing spiritual things.

Working with God in his word, by the power of that word the Holy Spirit will separate you not only from sin, but also from unnecessary things of life. He will impact you the spiritual might and grace you need to obey the instructions in Ephesians 4:22-24.

Righteousness and holiness are two different things Ephesians 4:22-24 says; strip yourselves from your former nature put off and discard your old unrenewed self which characterised your previous manner of life and becomes corrupt through lust and desires that spring from delusion; And be constantly renewed in the spirit of your mind – having a fresh mental and spiritual attitude; And put on the nature (the regenerated self) created in God’s image (Godlike) in true righteousness and holiness.
This verse tell us that being JUST is the right standing with God you gained when you were born again. The only thing you did to be made righteous was to make Jesus Christ the lord of your life.
Holiness is the result of your choices. It’s what you do with your time and your actions. It’s your conduct. It comes when you make a decision of your WILL to live according to the precept of the LORD. Being holy is doing things that please the father.

Holiness is to be “sanctified and meet for the master’s use” 2 timothy 2:21. Sanctified means “set apart”. Set apart from what? From the world! God wants us to be so caught up in spiritual activities that we lose interest in carnal activities and pursue His kingdom with all our heart. He wants us to live holy. Time with Him separate us to him.

Being wholly dedicated to God is your reasonable service. It’s not something above and beyond the call of duty. God expects us all to live holy. He says, “Be holy; for i am holy” 1 peter 1:16. Such a life require us to make some sacrifice. It will cause us to suffer the fresh.

http://www.promarketingbrand.com/2016/09/benefits-of-righteousness-and-holiness.html

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness by veekid(m): 7:12am On Sep 04, 2016
It's Sunday again; these guys would just turn nairaland front-page to church
Re: Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness by saintkel(m): 7:14am On Sep 04, 2016
Without Holiness no man will see God hebrews 12 vs 14

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness by luvinhubby(m): 7:19am On Sep 04, 2016
Holiness is God's nature.

Righteousness is right standing with God.

Both are very essential to any christian, you are imputed with righteousness at the point of your salvation and you develop the nature of holiness acquired through salvation through consistent fellowship with God's word.

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness by weblord1900: 7:21am On Sep 04, 2016
ok
Re: Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness by Akinaukwa: 7:23am On Sep 04, 2016
Many will walk out of this thread cos its not talking of sex, relationships or showing yeyebrities showcasing their semi nudeness yet possessing righteousness and holiness should be the desire of every heavenly minded child of God.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness by xtanlee(m): 7:24am On Sep 04, 2016
Nairaland is really showing maturity...nice one

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 04, 2016
If you want to have a closer walk with God, you have to be righteous.
"for without holiness, no man shall see God"
"blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God"

3 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness by omoadeleye(m): 7:31am On Sep 04, 2016
coo
Re: Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness by thrillionaire(m): 7:33am On Sep 04, 2016
And the result of righteousness shalll be peace... Righteousness is a gift from God not our dos and don'ts , and once we have it by faith we roll with baba God freely wink

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 04, 2016
I will become a Christian today if jesus makes our recession go away
Re: Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness by emmabest2000(m): 7:37am On Sep 04, 2016
veekid:

4 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness by IMASTEX: 7:39am On Sep 04, 2016
Sure they do have benefit
Re: Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness by DONCHRIS9: 7:39am On Sep 04, 2016
havin a right standin wit God...righteousness come as gift..1 thes 4.7

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 04, 2016
People are not really buying this thread, why, the vaseline crew and the name-checkers association are rendered powerless.

Nice one OP.
Re: Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 04, 2016
veekid:
Akinaukwa:
Many will walk out of this thread cos its not talking of sex, relationships or showing yeyebrities showcasing their semi nudeness yet possessing righteousness and holiness should be the desire of every heavenly minded child of God.
These two posters are making a whole lot of sense.

The poster below me has something better to say.
Re: Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness by DONCHRIS9: 7:50am On Sep 04, 2016
Silkmoth33:
I will become a Christian today if jesus makes our recession go away
jesus christ is already workin 4 us

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 04, 2016
He is too slow tell him I'm loosing my patience
Re: Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness by yekparikpa(m): 8:17am On Sep 04, 2016
Jesus I Love You! I gave my life to christ few days ago and i feel so complete right now. Righteous =Blessedness, Unrighteousness = Wretchedness .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness by twosquare(m): 8:19am On Sep 04, 2016
Righteousness also brings safety, holiness is being separated that we might see God. cool
Re: Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness by Emeka71(m): 8:36am On Sep 04, 2016
You shall be free from the wrath of the law.
Re: Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness by AnodaIT(m): 9:26am On Sep 04, 2016
Good
Re: Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness by thecultivateur(m): 9:47am On Sep 04, 2016
Silkmoth33:
He is too slow tell him I'm loosing my patience

It means you don't trust Him, brother. Who is leading? You or Him?

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness by ptolemy247(m): 9:59am On Sep 04, 2016
luvinhubby:
Holiness is God's nature.

Righteousness is right standing with God.

Both are very essential to any christian, you are imputed with righteousness at the point of your salvation and you develop the nature of holiness acquired through salvation through consistent fellowship with God's word.
Tell them plz
Re: Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness by realmindz: 10:05am On Sep 04, 2016
"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant
character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust,
unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully"

cc The God delusion
Re: Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 04, 2016
How does that answer help our recesiion now?
thecultivateur:

It means you don't trust Him, brother. Who is leading? You or Him?
Re: Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness by thecultivateur(m): 1:37pm On Sep 04, 2016
Silkmoth33:
How does that answer help our recesiion now?

You are the one that is avoiding my question.........
Re: Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness by Thobiy(m): 6:10pm On Sep 04, 2016
Noted
Re: Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness by olivegirl(f): 7:18pm On Sep 04, 2016
Righteousness is simple doing the right things but holiness is taken it further to be like Jehovah. Both helps
Re: Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness by promise10: 7:42pm On Sep 04, 2016
thrillionaire:
And the result of righteousness shalll be peace... Righteousness is a gift from God not our dos and don'ts , and once we have it by faith we roll with baba God freely wink
Good one!

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness by promise10: 7:44pm On Sep 04, 2016
realmindz:

cc The God delusion
Charles darwkin's slave!
Re: Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness by promise10: 7:47pm On Sep 04, 2016
yekparikpa:
Jesus I Love You! I gave my life to christ few days ago and i feel so complete right now. Righteous =Blessedness, Unrighteousness = Wretchedness .
Oh wow, thank God!

Did it take place on nairaland?

(1) (Reply)

Idols – What Are They? / Thank God For Slavery- A Case Of Religion Turning Blacks To Fools / An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.