Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Son, Servant Or Friend Of God? - Paul Ellis - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Son, Servant Or Friend Of God? - Paul Ellis (1351 Views)

Is God A Jealous God? - Paul Ellis / What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis / How To Read Your Bible Without Getting Confused - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Son, Servant Or Friend Of God? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:42am On Sep 04, 2016
How do you mainly identify with God? As a

(a) servant of God,

(b) a friend of God, or

(c) a son of God?

When Samuel Mathew posed this question on his Facebook page yesterday, I was so surprised at the results, that I decided to poll E2R readers on E2R’s FB page. (Before you read on, answer the question for yourself. How do you primarily relate to God? As a servant, a friend or a son?)
So far about 30 people have responded to the FB polls. To my astonishment, less than half picked (c) “son of God.” And so, once again, Facebook has provided a brilliant answer to one of the world’s most pressing questions:
Why is the world still a mess, even though Jesus did everything He came to do, 2000 years ago?

The problem may not be what you think. It’s not legalism, condemnation, or even sin. The root cause of the problem is that the majority of people do not identify with God as their Father. They relate to Him as something other than sons. That is, they have an orphan spirit. Those outside the church are like the prodigal son, while many of those inside the church are like the elder brother. Neither brother received their father’s love. Both trusted in their own labor and had little confidence in the grace and provision of their loving father.

There may be only two kinds of people in the world: sons and orphans. Which are you? The devil’s plan is to get you confused about your identity. He will sow doubt by asking, “if you are the Son of God…” (Mt 4:3). To the degree that you are uncertain about your sonship, to that degree you have an orphan spirit.

I will probably write more about this some other time, but the FB polls have fired me up. I couldn’t sleep for thinking about it. So many of you are evidently victims of identity theft! I can’t stay silent while the devil runs off with your birth certificates, so below are 10 reasons why (c) is the best response to the question above. Even if you serve a God who is your best friend, you are first and foremost a son of God. And this applies equally to the ladies, for we are all one in Christ (Gal 3:28).

Top 10 reasons why you are a son of God first and foremost

………………

(1) The Holy Spirit says so. “For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, ‘Abba , Father’” (Rms 8:15).

(2) Do you really need more reasons? Come on now! Paul thought no. 1 above was such an important truth that he said it twice. “God sent the Spirit of his Son into our lives crying out, ‘Papa! Father!’” (Gal 4:6, MSG). God Himself calls you son. (You wouldn’t want to call God a liar now would you?) He is the one who makes it possible for you to call Him Papa!

(3) The Bible says so – in many places (see Gal 3:26, Rms 8:14, Heb 12:7, 1 Jn 3:1 for starters).

(4) The Old Testament prophets longed for the day when God’s people would be called “sons of God” (Hos 1:10). They thought it applied to the Jews, but Paul says it includes “even us whom He also called” (Rms 9:23). Jesus came to reveal the Father (Mt 11:27). This is what makes the new covenant
new. Sonship – not servanthood, not friendship – is the pinnacle of redemption. Not even Adam and Eve were identified as sons! Because of Jesus we have come closer to God than when we started out in the Garden. How awesome is that?!

(5) We are to be servant-hearted, not servant-minded. Someone with an orphan spirit readily identifies themselves as a servant of God. It sounds noble, but it insults the cross and the Spirit of grace. Servants work for wages but we live under grace and there are no wages under grace. Sons are shareholders, not employees. We don’t work because we have to, but because we are wholly invested in the success of the family-business.

(6) A servant doesn’t know his master’s will, has to be told what to do, and then relates to God on the basis of what he does. If he does good, he thinks God loves him more. How sad, how utterly tragic to be enslaved to such a lie. A mature son is nothing like that. He has the mind of Christ (1 Co 2:16), is clothed with His righteousness (Is 61:10), and relates on the basis of the Father’s love first shown to him (1 Jn 4:19). A servant waits on God. A son does what he sees His Father doing (Jn 5:19).

(7) Servants suffer from performance-anxiety. Even friends may worry thinking they have to pound on doors in the middle of the night merely to borrow something (Lk 11:5). But sons need not worry, for our “heavenly Father knows we need all these things” (Mt 6:32). Our Father – not our master nor our friend – delights to give good gifts to those who ask Him (Mt 7:11). You’re not on the outside looking in. You’re warm and secure in bed with your Papa (see Lk 11:7).

(cool True, Abraham was a friend of God (Is 41:cool and we are revealed to be friends when we do what Jesus says (Jn 15:14). This is a good thing and something to treasure. But sonship is better by far! Sons have “full rights” of access that friends lack (Gal 4:5). Sons have an expectation of intimacy that servants and friends do not enjoy. My kids are with me 24/7 (it’s the school holidays). In contrast, I only see and enjoy my friends occasionally. Wouldn’t you rather walk with God enjoying His presence continuously? As a son you have full rights to do so!

(9) Sons are heirs. I have an inheritance and it’s the entire planet (Rms 4:13). All the cattle on all the hills and all the blessings of Abraham are ours, paid for with Jesus’ blood. Indeed, we are co-heirs with Christ (Rm 8:17). Our share is no less than Christ’s!

(10) What will it take to fix this broken, poisoned planet? A revelation of the sons of God (Rms 8:19)! In the garden God gave us a planet to keep. We lost it, Jesus got it back, yet we still act like it belongs to the devil. It is OURS! “The earth he has given to man” (Ps 115:16). Jesus paid a high price to redeem this planet for us. Creation is not waiting for the church to rise up. Neither is creation waiting for God’s servants or His friends to rise up. Instead, creation waits for the mature sons of God to rise up and say with authority “this is my planet; hands off devil!”

If you’re still having trouble wrapping your head around this, look to Jesus. Did Jesus describe God as His (a) Master, (b) Friend, or (c) Father? That’s an easy question. Under the obsolete law covenant, God was Master. Under the Abrahamic covenant, God is our Friend. But under the new covenant in Jesus’ blood, God relates to us as our Father!
And don’t water this down by saying that God is “all of the above.” He’s no more “all of the above” than you are “all of the above” to your own children. My kids will serve many employers and have many friends, but they will only have one earthly father and that’s me. I am thrilled beyond words to be identified as my children’s father because it is my unique privilege. I hope they will be equally thrilled to be identified as my children. It makes my heart soar when they call me Papa. I’m less thrilled when they call me “your majesty.”

He is your Father and my Father! Yes I serve Him and yes He is my closest friend. But service and friendship stem from my secure position as His adopted son. There’s nothing I enjoy more than being with Him, knowing Him, walking with Him and talking with Him. Every day with Him is an adventure!

When you have a revelation of your sonship, it will change the way you pray. You will pray for the smallest things, because if it matters to you it matters to Him. But you will also ask Him for big things, because God has promised you the nations. You won’t hold back like a waiter or a friend – you’ll come running in to Papa knowing that He loves to give good gifts to His children.

Paul prayed, and so do I…

“…that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and His incomparably great power for us who believe.” (Eph 1:18-19)

https://escapetoreality.org/2010/10/04/son-servant-or-friend-of-god/

1 Share

Re: Son, Servant Or Friend Of God? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 12:14pm On Sep 04, 2016
afternoon
Re: Son, Servant Or Friend Of God? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 8:38pm On Sep 04, 2016
evening.......
Re: Son, Servant Or Friend Of God? - Paul Ellis by grevotech(m): 5:28am On Sep 05, 2016
Hahahahahaha many don't know. The first scripture is enough alone to Be A Son and sons no matter what they do are never casted out by their father.
For example the parable of the Prodigal SON and the parable of the talents are both explanations between SONS and SERVANTS. The SERVANR did NOTHING but was casted out. The SON did a lot and was still accepted as a son. Am proud to be a SON

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Son, Servant Or Friend Of God? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:56pm On Sep 05, 2016
grevotech:
Hahahahahaha many don't know. The first scripture is enough alone to Be A Son and sons no matter what they do are never casted out by their father.
For example the parable of the Prodigal SON and the parable of the talents are both explanations between SONS and SERVANTS. The SERVANR did NOTHING but was casted out. The SON did a lot and was still accepted as a son. Am proud to be a SON
loool You are correct bro.... i am proud to be a son too!!!!
Re: Son, Servant Or Friend Of God? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 9:46am On Sep 12, 2016
morning.......
Re: Son, Servant Or Friend Of God? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:38pm On Sep 12, 2016
evening..
Re: Son, Servant Or Friend Of God? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:36am On Sep 13, 2016
jiggaz:
morning.......
Re: Son, Servant Or Friend Of God? - Paul Ellis by tintingz(m): 8:17am On Sep 13, 2016
That's why Jesus is not the only Son of God in the bible, God calling Jesus his son means his friend and servant same to other men of God in the bible.
Re: Son, Servant Or Friend Of God? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 4:42pm On Nov 02, 2016
jiggaz:
evening..
Re: Son, Servant Or Friend Of God? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:10pm On Nov 06, 2016
evening.........
Re: Son, Servant Or Friend Of God? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:43pm On Nov 20, 2016
jiggaz:
evening..
Re: Son, Servant Or Friend Of God? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:55am On Nov 22, 2016
noted....
Re: Son, Servant Or Friend Of God? - Paul Ellis by ScienceWatch: 2:20am On Nov 23, 2016
jiggaz:
afternoon
It is written “The WORD became flesh and made His dwelling amongst us.”
This statement to the world is the most significant and memorable ever written.
Its implications are unlimited. This is the key to the understanding of the mystery of Jesus Christ. Jesus is the WORD.

Jesus says to all pastors, ministers and evangelists in Joh 14:12 Truly, Truly, I say to you, He that believes me, the WORKS that I do will you also do; and greater WORKS than these shall you do; because I go unto my Father.

What are these WORKS that Jesus always refer to ?
They are the miracles, prophecy, signs, deliverances of demonic spirits and wonders. Jesus also instructs all pastors, ministers, evangelists to do the same, He says to them,”As my father sent me, so send I you.”
Jesus say clearly in these biblical refs that these WORKS that he does bear witness that the Father has sent him.

A pastor, minister, evangelist will be know by their WORKS so that fake pastors can be separated from the real pastors. The wheat is separated from the chaff. Only the WORKS bear witness of a real pastor, not their elaborate speeches.

There can be no more tragic expression of human foolishness and perversity than the Jews rejection of The Messiah. In spite of hundreds of years of waiting and studying their scriptures concerning the coming of Jesus Christ, they dismissed him and instigated his destruction. The Jews plan failed, Jesus is risen from death. God will not be mocked !

Jesus Christ’s birth, His miracles, His mastery of satin, His cruel death, His forgiveness of his murderers and His resurrection from the grave was needed as verifiable evidence of the mystical, supernatural creation nature of God.

Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. On our journey to discover scientifically verifiable evidence of Jesus’ miracles, we found a very powerful, scientifically verifiable source. It is the Scoan Church on Emmanual TV and youtube.com

These miracles are the easiest to verify because no one can come for healing without medical proof of the patient’s condition. After mind-blowing instant healings, the patients are sent back to have the results medically verified. Many honest doctors and enlightened Pastors send their suffering people to the Holy Scoan Nigeria for complete healing. Scoan Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever.
Re: Son, Servant Or Friend Of God? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 4:09pm On Sep 30, 2017
jiggaz:
afternoon
Re: Son, Servant Or Friend Of God? - Paul Ellis by Janeyinspires(f): 2:28pm On Oct 01, 2017
God wants His sons back.He isn't looking for servants(angels are there to do His bidding.) God has called us into fellowship and sonship,not duty-ship and servant-ship.
Ehe! Father,your baby dey hail you o.Simple! I can't be a servant in my father's house.My father's business is my business;no obligation there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Son, Servant Or Friend Of God? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 2:36pm On Oct 01, 2017
Janeyinspires:
God wants His sons back.He isn't looking for servants(angels are there to do His bidding.) God has called us into fellowship and sonship,not duty-ship and servant-ship.
Ehe! Father,your baby dey hail you o.Simple! I can't be a servant in my father's house.My father's business is my business;no obligation there.
Gbam!! Correct!!

1 Like

Re: Son, Servant Or Friend Of God? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:49pm On Sep 11, 2018
Coool
Re: Son, Servant Or Friend Of God? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:51pm On Oct 01, 2018
Yes
Re: Son, Servant Or Friend Of God? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:59pm On Oct 02, 2018
Coool
Re: Son, Servant Or Friend Of God? - Paul Ellis by OtemAtum: 8:11pm On Oct 02, 2018
We are parts of the system that makes up what is called GOD. We are not separate from GOD ALMIGHTY. Yahweh, Allah, Moloch, Vishnu, Atum, Odin, Olorun, etc are also parts of GOD ALMIGHTY, just as we are.
Re: Son, Servant Or Friend Of God? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:34am On Oct 03, 2018
OtemAtum:
We are parts of the system that makes up what is called GOD. We are not separate from GOD ALMIGHTY. Yahweh, Allah, Moloch, Vishnu, Atum, Odin, Olorun, etc are also parts of GOD ALMIGHTY, just as we are.
shocked grin Otem Otem!! nawa oo..
Re: Son, Servant Or Friend Of God? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 3:48pm On May 25, 2020
Evening
Re: Son, Servant Or Friend Of God? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 8:37pm On Dec 28, 2020
Yeah
Re: Son, Servant Or Friend Of God? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 9:03pm On May 18, 2022
Look
Re: Son, Servant Or Friend Of God? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 4:26pm On Jun 13, 2022
Afternoon
Re: Son, Servant Or Friend Of God? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 5:02pm On Feb 18, 2023
Boooom
Re: Son, Servant Or Friend Of God? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 9:33am On Feb 19, 2023
Morning
Re: Son, Servant Or Friend Of God? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 4:41pm On Aug 03, 2023
jiggaz:
evening.......
Re: Son, Servant Or Friend Of God? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:56pm On Jan 06
jiggaz:
Yes
Re: Son, Servant Or Friend Of God? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 1:48pm On Jan 07
jiggaz:
evening.......
Re: Son, Servant Or Friend Of God? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 11:25am On Apr 08
jiggaz:
evening.......

(1) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Keeps Saying John D Rockefeller Died At 93, But It Is Incorrect / Prophet Chris Okafor Releases 2017 Prophecies.. Number 3 Will Humble The Muslims / Crisis Of Faith...pls I Need Answers To Some Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.