Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Crisis Of Faith...pls I Need Answers To Some Questions - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Crisis Of Faith...pls I Need Answers To Some Questions (1346 Views)

Some Questions For CATHOLICS / Pope Francis Intervenes In Ahiara Imo Church Ethnic Crisis (Photos) / Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crisis Of Faith...pls I Need Answers To Some Questions by Zack44(m): 6:51pm On Mar 22, 2017
I have been a christian my whole life but I haven't been able to answer some questions that is seriously affecting my faith. Pls I need. I need answers to these questions.

1. Would a loving father allow his children to burn in hell for eternity because they led a bad life for 75 years (average life expectancy of human beings)?

2. If God knows the future, doesn't it presuppose that He knows whether we will sin or not. Why then will he punish us in hell for what He already knows we will do.

3.If God wanted humans to live in Heaven, why then does He allow us to live on earth?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crisis Of Faith...pls I Need Answers To Some Questions by otemanuduno: 7:12pm On Mar 22, 2017
Zack44:
I have been a christian my whole life but I haven't been able to answer some questions that is seriously affecting my faith. Pls I need. I need answers to these questions.

1. Would a loving father allow his children to burn in hell for eternity because they led a bad life for 75 years (average life expectancy of human beings)?

2. If God knows the future, doesn't it presuppose that He knows whether we will sin or not. Why then will he punish us in hell for what He already knows we will do.

3.If God wanted humans to live in Heaven, why then does He allow us to live on earth?
All these are the indications that such being is not God Almighty. That's definitely Yahweh the deceiver and the goodnews is that he is currently in his spiritual cage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crisis Of Faith...pls I Need Answers To Some Questions by izzou(m): 7:25pm On Mar 22, 2017
Let me answer the questions according to my knowledge

1: God has placed conditions for spending eternity with him. You shouldn't be bothered about why he put it there, but how you can make heaven

2: God is omniscient. He knows those who will make heaven or not. But man has the ability to choose. Man is a free moral agent

3: Earth would have been beautiful for us until Adam failed
Re: Crisis Of Faith...pls I Need Answers To Some Questions by Nutase: 7:30pm On Mar 22, 2017
Reverse your question and ask how would a loving child turn around and break a loving fathers heart after all the love and care the father has shown him?
He has warned you is an evidence of His love. You are now left to choose your own path.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis Of Faith...pls I Need Answers To Some Questions by otemanuduno: 7:33pm On Mar 22, 2017
izzou:
Let me answer the questions according to my knowledge

1: God has placed conditions for spending eternity with him. You shouldn't be bothered about why he put it there, but how you can make heaven

2: God is omniscient. He knows those who will make heaven or not. But man has the ability to choose. Man is a free moral agent

3: Earth would have been beautiful for us until Adam failed

Lemme reply the third . How many times do you fail your parent and they didn't disown you or send you out packing? Yahweh is the one who actually failed the test of FORGIVENESS AND TOLERANCE, NOT EVEN ADAM(Hatus).
Re: Crisis Of Faith...pls I Need Answers To Some Questions by otemanuduno: 7:39pm On Mar 22, 2017
Nutase:
Reverse your question and ask how would a loving child turn around and break a loving fathers heart after all the love and care the father has shown him?
He has warned you is an evidence of His love. You are now left to choose your own path.
Reverse your answer and say how would a loving father who sees all things from the beginning threaten his son with fire for a test he already knew he would fail. A test of no second attempt for Krish sake!

I trust God the Universe, the creator of Yahweh and Allah wouldn't stoop that low. God is LOVE.
Re: Crisis Of Faith...pls I Need Answers To Some Questions by Benevee: 7:43pm On Mar 22, 2017
otemanuduno:
Reverse your answer and say how would a loving father who sees all things from the beginning threaten his son with fire for a test he already knew he would fail. A test of no second attempt for Krish sake!

I trust God the Universe, the creator of Yahweh and Allah wouldn't stoop that low. God is LOVE.

I pray you find God before the end of your life cry
Re: Crisis Of Faith...pls I Need Answers To Some Questions by otemanuduno: 7:55pm On Mar 22, 2017
Benevee:

I pray you find God before the end of your life cry
I know God and I am a conscious part of him. God is LOVE and he lives in me. He is infinite and nonjudgmental. HE IS GOD. FIND HIm.
Re: Crisis Of Faith...pls I Need Answers To Some Questions by Splinz(m): 7:55pm On Mar 22, 2017
Nutase:

Yes, a path of either eternal life or death. For Romans 6:23 states "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord".

For those who do not know what death is, death is simply the opposite of life- a cessation of life, not an eternal life in hell fire. For if some people are supposedly burning forever in hell fire while some are in heaven, it changes nothing; all have eternal life.

So now, who is the liar? God that said the soul that sin will die or you that say the sinner wouldn't die but live eternally in hell fire?

Be the judge.
Re: Crisis Of Faith...pls I Need Answers To Some Questions by doubleportion: 8:26pm On Mar 22, 2017
I think you need to know him first, if anyone give you answers to those questions you may not believe. Seek him, tell him Jesus I want to know you from a sincere heart then you will be surprise what your experience will be.

Let me give you an instance, there is actually no problem with your questions if are genuinely want to know, but at times we ask right questions in a wrong time. After the ressurection of Jesus Christ, the disciples asked him one question in a wrong time in the book of the Act of the Apostles that when is He going to return the kingdom to Isreal? But Jesus answered them that it's not for them to know the time, He then went ahead to tell them what they need to know that they will receive power when holy ghost fall on them. After they received the holy ghost, they never asked that question again.
Re: Crisis Of Faith...pls I Need Answers To Some Questions by jasoncage(m): 9:21pm On Mar 22, 2017
1. God doesn't desire for anyone to go to hell. John 3:17 For God did not send His Son into the world that He might condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.
Man in Adam and Eve sinned and as a result, the nature of sin and it's consequence passed down. The consequence being separation from God, spiritual death. Faith in the Christ remedies that. The human has a choice to either accept the Zoe or not. Inasmuch as the Father loves, he's not going to force us. It would render free will useless. Man has a choice, eternal salvation by faith or damnation (which is described as death).

2. Man has a choice. God knew the nature of man was and is corruption, that's why a permanent perfecting solution in Christ was put in place. He set the solution for sin nature already. Christ. See it is not sin by works that is the issue of man. It is the sinful nature within him which brings works of sin.

3. The flesh cannot enter heaven. It's corruptible. The body is just a vessel, your spirit is the real you. Heaven is a spiritual realm. God is spirit. The spirit of the believer is saved, his flesh is not. 1 Corinthians 15:50 I tell you this, my brothers: an earthly body made of flesh and blood cannot get into God’s Kingdom. These perishable bodies of ours are not the right kind to live forever.
The spirit of the believer which is born after God is a citizen of heaven already, albeit living in the physical until the day of our Lord or physical death. Whichever comes first.

Perhaps you ought to read your Bible more. Not daily nuggets or to claim promises but to understand the person of God by his revelation of Christ, and what his sacrifice has given you. It's key.
Re: Crisis Of Faith...pls I Need Answers To Some Questions by ScepticalPyrrho: 9:46pm On Mar 22, 2017
This are the kind of questions no man can answer satisfactorily. Except you want to deceive yourself, all the replies you'll get from Christians wouldn't make sense.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis Of Faith...pls I Need Answers To Some Questions by shaqhead: 10:03pm On Mar 22, 2017
@jasoncage nothing more to add cos it is quite simplified but I wl advice @zack44 to go meet his pastor, that is if he is still in faith and hasn't stopped attending services. Ultimately zack44 u shd go before Christ in prayer and searching of the scriptures with all sincerity and He wl surely reveal Himself to you!

@splinz John 11:26- And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

This passage of scripture obviously doesn't agree with your definition of death as it doesnt require any brain racking to see that when the bible talks about death, it is not referring to physical death but eternal spiritual death in hell!

God told Adam that the day he wl eat the forbidden. fruit he wl die but he didn't collapse after he took a bite and even lived to a very old age; though he died physically wc was a consequence of his sin but a far worse death was introduced- death of the soul!

Matthew 25:46- And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
This verse clarifies Rom6:23 for you

This is what necessitated the coming of Christ to make peace between. man and God and Christ death on the Cross was so that we ddnt have to die the second death (read Rev 21:8 )

So u hv a choice to make as Deut 30:19 says whether u choose life in Christ or eternal Death! Jesus loves you!
Re: Crisis Of Faith...pls I Need Answers To Some Questions by NPComplete: 10:57pm On Mar 22, 2017
The concept of hell is bullshit. I repeat, bull-freaking-shit.
If u read ur bible well, u will realise that throughout most of the old testament, the Jews had no concept of hell. They hardly believed in the resurrection if at all. And that is telling because something as important as hell would have been what Moses will have warned about right from the beginning.
It was sometime between the old and new testament that the concept of hell was introduced into Jewish canon; they must have picked up some of that nonsense from Zoroastrianism and similar religions that the Persians and Babylonians, who invaded and pillaged their lands and took them captives, practiced. That's why the Sadducees didn't believe in the resurrection because they stuck with the old Jewish canon.
So God must have created hell as an afterthought that He came up with within that time period or it skipped His mind that He forgot to mention it to Moses throughout all those times the Israelites were being naughty in the wilderness.
Since there is no evidence for either of the two possibilities we can both agree that this is the most plausible explanation: hell is bullshit. It's just a tool to scare proselytes and devotees into observing the tenets of the religion or risk fiery damnation. And the superstitious goat herders that existed at those times easily accepted it.

3 Likes

Re: Crisis Of Faith...pls I Need Answers To Some Questions by Nutase: 6:45am On Mar 23, 2017
Splinz:

Yes, a path of either eternal life or death. For Romans 6:23 states "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord".

For those who do not know what death is, death is simply the opposite of life- a cessation of life, not an eternal life in hell fire. For if some people are supposedly burning forever in hell fire while some are in heaven, it changes nothing; all have eternal life.

So now, who is the liar? God that said the soul that sin will die or you that say the sinner wouldn't die but live eternally in hell fire?

Be the judge.

Heresy
Re: Crisis Of Faith...pls I Need Answers To Some Questions by Splinz(m): 7:19am On Mar 23, 2017
Nutase:

Heresy

What is heresy? That the wages of sin is death or eternal life in hell fire?
Re: Crisis Of Faith...pls I Need Answers To Some Questions by Splinz(m): 3:14pm On Mar 23, 2017
shaqhead:

@splinz John 11:26- And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

This passage of scripture obviously doesn't agree with your definition of death as it doesnt require any brain racking to see that when the bible talks about death, it is not referring to physical death but eternal spiritual death in hell!

Hello Shaqhead, thank you for mentioning me. Yes, I have seen your objections. Now, lets see if these things are so.

There's only one kind of death, whether you called it physical or spiritual death; all means death! Romans 8:6 states “For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.” To be carnally minded is to live according to the impulses of the flesh—in sin, and we've already seen that the wages of sin is death. While living according to the dictates of the Holy Spirit means life—opposite of living carnally.

So you see, if there's anyone that the Scriptures doesn't agree with, it is you. There's nothing like “physical death and eternal spiritual death in hell.” Whether you die physically or spiritually, it still means the same thing—death.

shaqhead:

God told Adam that the day he wl eat the forbidden. fruit he wl die but he didn't collapse after he took a bite and even lived to a very old age; though he died physically wc was a consequence of his sin but a far worse death was introduced- death of the soul!

I honestly don't know where you get your own knowledge from—that man and soul are two separate entities. Because definitely, yours is not in harmony with my own knowledge of the Bible. Here: “And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul” (Genesis 2:7). This passage doesn't say you have soul—that you were given one, but it says that you're SOUL (in totality). So it is no wonder then that the Bible says “The soul that sinneth, it shall die” (Ezekiel 18:20).

However, there's what is known as the “spirit in man” (Job 32:8 ). It is through this spirit in man that God works with, using His own Holy Spirit. An example is when God stirred up the spirit of Zerubbabel, governor of Judah, and the spirit of Joshua, the son of Josedech, the high priest, and the spirit of all the remnant of the people, to come together and work on the house of the LORD (Haggai 1:14).

So then, claiming that a worse death was introduced—death of the soul, after Adam has died physically, is at its very best, humorous. Adam received the wages of his sins just as he was told by God.

shaqhead:

Matthew 25:46- And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Good you quoted Matthew 25:46. Verse 31 talks of Jesus returning in glory to execute judgment on earth, sitting upon the throne of His glory, where rewards are given to the just and unjust. John 5:28-29 makes it clear that there will be a resurrection of the dead—both just and unjust. What does all these means? Simple. Here, the false teachings of people living in heaven or hell when they die, is exposed for what it is—fictitious tales! The dead are only judged when Jesus returns to establish His kingdom on earth (Matthew 6:10). Or how can those who are supposedly living either in heaven or hell fire resurrect again? Are they the dead or the living? Is the resurrection for the living or dead?

And the rewards...

Simple. Those who have done good to the resurrection of eternal life and those who have done evil to the resurrection of eternal death. Plain! Note, it says “everlasting punishment” not “everlasting punishing.” Just like a faithful Christian wouldn't be awarded eternal life as his/her reward, over and over again, but is awarded once, so will be a sinner. He/she dies forever—never to live again. While faithful believers on the other hand continues forever. These are two opposite destinations! It is commonsensical! It is in complete harmony with the Bible! All other contrary teachings are nothing but myths, or misinterpretations/misrepresentations of biblical truths!

shaqhead:

So u hv a choice to make as Deut 30:19 says whether u choose life in Christ or eternal Death! Jesus loves you!

Thank you, I have made my own choice. Jesus loves you too. smiley
Re: Crisis Of Faith...pls I Need Answers To Some Questions by Nutase: 4:48pm On Mar 23, 2017
Splinz:

What is heresy? That the wages of sin is death or eternal life in hell fire?
Re: Crisis Of Faith...pls I Need Answers To Some Questions by Splinz(m): 5:20pm On Mar 23, 2017
Nutase:

Is this what you called heresy? shocked Very well then. So what is the difference between life and death?
Re: Crisis Of Faith...pls I Need Answers To Some Questions by veneza(f): 6:32pm On Mar 23, 2017
please for serious minded Christian, please join this chat room so we tackle some issues bothering you, so Satan won't use this medium to hinder your Christian race so at the end you put on the crown and have eternal life https:///9aKox1szq0d3A5XzEMMue7
Re: Crisis Of Faith...pls I Need Answers To Some Questions by Nutase: 8:56am On Mar 24, 2017
Splinz:

Is this what you called heresy? shocked Very well then. So what is the difference between life and death?
go and read your bible again.
Re: Crisis Of Faith...pls I Need Answers To Some Questions by NPComplete: 9:08am On Mar 24, 2017
Nutase:

Very escapist. Why don't u lay down ur argument logically? He has obviously read his bible and has laid down his arguments by quoting the scriptures. For all ur condescension and claim of superior alternative knowledge, u haven't said anything sensible on this thread.
All u have done is claim his submissions are heresy and requires further biblical research. Why don't u point him in the right direction by quoting fact-based counter arguments? Could that be because u are only steeped in dogma and have no sensible reasons for holding the beliefs that u do?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crisis Of Faith...pls I Need Answers To Some Questions by samuyafiiyawa: 9:53am On Mar 24, 2017
My Brother as a Muslim, God has created us only but to worship Him meaning to obey his commandments, He knows us better than we know ourselves, just like a manufacturer who manufactures a car, he puts instructions that for the car to function successfully the manual must be adhered to, for instance if you fill the fuel tank with water you certainly know the consequences, if speed above a certain speed you will crash, so also God has made clear for us a manual with which we must adhere if we want to succeed, as Muslim the Quran is the guide,ie it has warning for each sin committed there is a consequence , so God Almighty is Just for He did not leave mankind in darkness over His punishment that even though HE said He will punish you, He made clear what you will do to get punished and what you will do that will lead you to Heaven,the choice is yours to chose heaven by obeying Him or get punished if you chose to indulge in sin, had it been that God did not warn you it would have been a case of injustice to punish you without warning and guidance, but He Has provided guidance for those wish to be saved.
That God will condemn sinners forever regardless of time of committing sin by man is like no proportionality considering average life spent, God's Punishment is not dependent of time of committing sin, is on the intention and act of disobedience, after all chances given to repent, man refused to hide, it is injustice after been created by God, and man decide to worship another other than God Almighty.may God forgive our sins.
Re: Crisis Of Faith...pls I Need Answers To Some Questions by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 24, 2017
Zack44:

1. Will you keep someone in your company when he is a thief ?? In a condition where he doesnt have a place to sleep and what to eat. Be honest.

2. He knows who will go to hell and who will go to heaven. He wants you to do what you want with your free will.

3. He wanted us to live on earth and enjoy His presence. Adam and Eve destroyed that relationship and Jesus has restored it again. We will make it to Heaven if we believe in Jesus. Thats all. Just believe
Re: Crisis Of Faith...pls I Need Answers To Some Questions by Nutase: 11:11am On Mar 24, 2017
NPComplete:

Very escapist. Why don't u lay down ur argument logically? He has obviously read his bible and has laid down his arguments by quoting the scriptures. For all ur condescension and claim of superior alternative knowledge, u haven't said anything sensible on this thread.
All u have done is claim his submissions are heresy and requires further biblical research. Why don't u point him in the right direction by quoting fact-based counter arguments? Could that be because u are only steeped in dogma and have no sensible reasons for holding the beliefs that u do?
what scripture did he quote? He defined life and death from his head and you are saying he quoted the bible. Please show me what he quoted.
Re: Crisis Of Faith...pls I Need Answers To Some Questions by luvmijeje(f): 11:12am On Mar 24, 2017
I love the responses of Christians on this thread. Una head correct.
Re: Crisis Of Faith...pls I Need Answers To Some Questions by Splinz(m): 11:27am On Mar 24, 2017
Nutase:

Apparently, you're the one that need that reading.
Re: Crisis Of Faith...pls I Need Answers To Some Questions by Image123(m): 11:52am On Mar 24, 2017
Zack44:

1. They're not His children and don't want to go to Heaven anyway.
2. Knowledge is not influence. I know you're going to write an exam doesn't mean I influence the results.
3. Because they are earthlings who Win the prize of Heaven. If the university wants graduates, why set exams or even classes, just convocate and let's go already, right? Yeah
Re: Crisis Of Faith...pls I Need Answers To Some Questions by Splinz(m): 12:01pm On Mar 24, 2017
NPComplete:

Hers is the lamest answer or as you called it, escape route I've seen for a long time now. It is such a shame that one who professes to be a Christian can't even differentiate between the promised eternal life and death—the very center of the Bible.

She's not only steeped in dogma, but also silly myths and tales by moonlight. I am challenging everyone of them to define what the Bible meant by the “wages of sin is death”, if not the obvious. I mean, it is sheer foolishness to say that some people will burn forever in hell fire while some will live in heaven, when the promise was that of either eternal life or eternal death. Now, if some people are forever suffering in hell fire while some are enjoying in heaven, does it changes anything—are they not all living eternally, whether enjoying or suffering? So where then is the eternal death

SMH.
Re: Crisis Of Faith...pls I Need Answers To Some Questions by Zhirinovsky: 12:35pm On Mar 24, 2017
Listen attentively, I will answer the 1st qstn
1.You are right, God is a loving father. The number one attribute of God is that "He is Holy". That also means that he is impartial.He can decide not to let sinners reap their reward and let them enter into heaven but he can't do that because he is holy and thus it is not in his nature. Allowing his children who died in sin to inherit heaven will make him impartial because satan and demons were casted out of heaven because of this same sin and though he can do it without any repercussion because he is the Alpha n Omega but he won't do it because impartiality is not in his nature.
Believe me, it hurts God more to see a sinner go to hell than it hurts the sinner. Think about how much your parents love you! It is not up to 0.00000001% of the love God has for you.
Instead of being impartial and unholy during the judgement of his child who died in sin, he came to earth and was humiliated and killed like a thief so that the sins of that child will be washed away if only the child can repent.
Imagine a whole God sending his only son to die for our own sin (not his o) to prevent us from reaping the reward of our sin if we believe and repent.

I hoPe I 've been of help.
God bless us all!
Zack44:

Re: Crisis Of Faith...pls I Need Answers To Some Questions by Zack44(m): 12:21am On Mar 25, 2017
Thanks for all your help. I have learnt a lot. God bless u all. Guess I have to do more reading

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Was Jesus From Age 12-30? What Was He Up To? / Anointed Preacher, Apostle Joshua Selman Is Getting Married Soon / Please, Remove The Islamic Declaration On My Profile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.