Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Nissan Expert In The House, I Need Your Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan Expert In The House, I Need Your Help (599 Views)

A Kenyan Converts Nissan Fuga Car Into A Mercedes Benz Car / Nissan's Intelligent Rearview Mirror Gives Drivers An Extra Set Of Eyes / House I Need 16" Toyota/ Good Alloy Wheel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nissan Expert In The House, I Need Your Help by princemillla(m): 8:04am On Sep 04, 2016
Last week my car (mercury villager) got stuck in a mud after much attempt to pull it out by reversing and driver hard revving. I notice the hand of my car got Hard to steer. When I checked what might be wrong I noticed the belt that roll the power steering pump is out. I try to drive it to my destination. I notice sudden shoot up of my temperature. The since then it's over heating.. Even on idle it wil over heat

Pls what might be the cause of this sudden issue. With ac on on idle I sometime witness 100 %temperature sad angry
Re: Nissan Expert In The House, I Need Your Help by mayor2013: 8:37am On Sep 04, 2016
I don't know the design of your engine. Do you have just a single serpentine belt here ? Or you have a different belt that drives the power steering pump? If its out. Replace or fix back if in good condition. On another point, it could be while trying to drive out of the trapped mud. A lot of mud found its way into the cells of the radiator thereby blocking them. Inspect radiator if dirty. If it is clean it up, I hope this helps.

N/B: a single serpentine belt drives the water pump, alternator and power steering in some engines. So you might want to check that out.
Re: Nissan Expert In The House, I Need Your Help by princemillla(m): 9:12am On Sep 04, 2016
mayor2013:
I don't know the design of your engine. Do you have just a single serpentine belt here ? Or you have a different belt that drives the power steering pump? If its out. Replace or fix back if in good condition. On another point, it could be while trying to drive out of the trapped mud. A lot of mud found its way into the cells of the radiator thereby blocking them. Inspect radiator if dirty. If it is clean it up, I hope this helps.

N/B: a single serpentine belt drives the water pump, alternator and power steering in some engines. So you might want to check that out.

Exactly my thought sir. I will check as you have you've said sir
Re: Nissan Expert In The House, I Need Your Help by princemillla(m): 9:36am On Sep 04, 2016
Mayor2013. Thank you for your swift response Bro. I have Google it and I found out the belt that roll both power steering and water pump was the one missing. I deduced the water is not coming thru radiator for cooling. Thanks Bro once again

Re: Nissan Expert In The House, I Need Your Help by mayor2013: 3:39pm On Sep 04, 2016
You welcome sir

1 Like

Re: Nissan Expert In The House, I Need Your Help by diportivo: 7:24am On Sep 05, 2016
Na this small thing u dey find Nissan expert for Ehn princemillla

Witch cry(snapped belt),pikin die(overheating started),and u no sabi say na the witch kill d pikin

Someone has already told me on this forum dat only a Nissan expert knows how a Nissan engine works....maybe na why u dey fear for this kind small thing tongue

Glad uv had ur solution bro.....we no even dey see u for here like b4 again grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nissan Expert In The House, I Need Your Help by princemillla(m): 7:30am On Sep 05, 2016
diportivo:
Na this small thing u dey find Nissan expert for Ehn princemillla

Witch cry(snapped belt),pikin die(overheating started),and u no sabi say na the witch kill d pikin

Someone has already told me on this forum dat only a Nissan expert knows how a Nissan engine works....maybe na why u dey fear for this kind small thing tongue

Glad uv had ur solution bro.....we no even dey see u for here like b4 again grin

grin
No mind me na fear dey catch me........ Sake of say I just change my auto transmission and the fear of tokunbo engine is the beginning of wisdom. In this chanji era grin

How is work sir

(1) (Reply)

How To Recovery All Your Car Custom Document When You Lost It / Clean Bus For Sale. Lets Have Deal / Interchaange Tyre Size

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.