Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,715 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Nissan's Intelligent Rearview Mirror Gives Drivers An Extra Set Of Eyes - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan's Intelligent Rearview Mirror Gives Drivers An Extra Set Of Eyes (13786 Views)

See The Shocking Note , The Man Who Broke My Side Mirror Placed On My Windscreen / Car Rearview Mirror / The New Set Of Vehicles Released By Innoson (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nissan's Intelligent Rearview Mirror Gives Drivers An Extra Set Of Eyes by obafemee80(m): 12:07pm On Sep 04, 2017
[img]http:///a/img922/1286/botK5f.jpg[/img]

When the 2018 Nissan Armada hits dealerships this month,it will come with an LCD screen-equipped “Intelligent Rear View Mirror”(I-RVM) connected to a camera that’s designed to improve the driver’s field of view.

While Nissan isn’t the first to offer such technology(General Motors offers similar mirrors on select Cadillac models),the I-RVM has several unique features that distinguish it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqqVl3t2sOg

Unlike other electronically-aided mirrors,this one can be used as both a mirror and a camera at the same time i.e you can easily switch between a conventional mirror and the video-streaming mirror at the push of a button.
This is important if you want to keep an eye on any kids in the rear,in a safe manner.

[img]http:///a/img922/4569/HM5eUI.jpg[/img]

When switched on,the LCD projects video filmed by a rear-facing camera.

And since the camera is mounted at the rear of the vehicle,obstructions in the car,such as children,baloons,tall passengers or boxes,no longer impede the driver’s rearward line of sight.

It also provides improved visibility in low-light conditions or when there’s the potential for glare,according to Nissan.

Nissan’s engineers carefully integrated the screen and the mirror to reduce the effects of what’s known as image overlap—seeing the ghost of one image transposed over another.

As a result,the two images are seamlessly integrated,so drivers won’t have to choose between the safer,more complete view of the traffic behind them,and keeping a watchful eye on their children.

https://autojosh.com/nissans-intelligent-rearview-mirror-gives-drivers-extra-set-eyes/

Credits: motorauthority.com/
Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nissan's Intelligent Rearview Mirror Gives Drivers An Extra Set Of Eyes by dljbd1(m): 3:49pm On Sep 04, 2017
Nice

modified....so I finally made it as FTC! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nissan's Intelligent Rearview Mirror Gives Drivers An Extra Set Of Eyes by isrealisaac: 7:31am On Sep 05, 2017
Nice
Re: Nissan's Intelligent Rearview Mirror Gives Drivers An Extra Set Of Eyes by Benjom(m): 7:31am On Sep 05, 2017
wink
Re: Nissan's Intelligent Rearview Mirror Gives Drivers An Extra Set Of Eyes by blueheart(m): 7:33am On Sep 05, 2017
Cool . It keeps getting better and better. Lovely whip. cool
Re: Nissan's Intelligent Rearview Mirror Gives Drivers An Extra Set Of Eyes by Aldebaran(m): 7:34am On Sep 05, 2017
Very intelligent... We keep seeing advancement in car tech everyday..
Good thinking.

1 Like

Re: Nissan's Intelligent Rearview Mirror Gives Drivers An Extra Set Of Eyes by awoo47: 7:34am On Sep 05, 2017
Oh lord, i also want to comment on car section abt my own car embarassed embarassed nd pepper dose Nairaland chicks with my car embarassed
Nd show lalasticlala dat i can be victorious angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Nissan's Intelligent Rearview Mirror Gives Drivers An Extra Set Of Eyes by gozzlin: 7:34am On Sep 05, 2017
undecided
Re: Nissan's Intelligent Rearview Mirror Gives Drivers An Extra Set Of Eyes by makdcash(m): 7:35am On Sep 05, 2017
Technologic

1 Like

Re: Nissan's Intelligent Rearview Mirror Gives Drivers An Extra Set Of Eyes by talk2emma: 7:37am On Sep 05, 2017
Nice
Re: Nissan's Intelligent Rearview Mirror Gives Drivers An Extra Set Of Eyes by sunshineV(f): 7:39am On Sep 05, 2017
Everything is advancing and I'm still using Lumia 520

1 Like

Re: Nissan's Intelligent Rearview Mirror Gives Drivers An Extra Set Of Eyes by lordm(m): 7:39am On Sep 05, 2017
awoo47:
Oh lord, i also want to comment on car section abt my own car embarassed embarassed nd pepper dose Nairaland chicks with my car embarassed
fool
Re: Nissan's Intelligent Rearview Mirror Gives Drivers An Extra Set Of Eyes by AFONJACOW(m): 7:42am On Sep 05, 2017
I need a car with bazooka so I can blow any fvcking Ediot that scratch my car grin

3 Likes

Re: Nissan's Intelligent Rearview Mirror Gives Drivers An Extra Set Of Eyes by apesinola001: 7:43am On Sep 05, 2017
Nice one
Re: Nissan's Intelligent Rearview Mirror Gives Drivers An Extra Set Of Eyes by NokiaN8(m): 7:43am On Sep 05, 2017
BENZ section.... moving there.
Re: Nissan's Intelligent Rearview Mirror Gives Drivers An Extra Set Of Eyes by Celestyn8213: 7:49am On Sep 05, 2017
Ok! Next one please.
Re: Nissan's Intelligent Rearview Mirror Gives Drivers An Extra Set Of Eyes by hoygift(m): 7:50am On Sep 05, 2017
Autojosh's boy well-done sir
Re: Nissan's Intelligent Rearview Mirror Gives Drivers An Extra Set Of Eyes by SEOManiac: 7:53am On Sep 05, 2017
They should share the idea with other manufacturers, just as Volvo has saved lives with their seatbelt invention
Re: Nissan's Intelligent Rearview Mirror Gives Drivers An Extra Set Of Eyes by helphelp: 8:01am On Sep 05, 2017
Cool
Re: Nissan's Intelligent Rearview Mirror Gives Drivers An Extra Set Of Eyes by Ramirezkhay(m): 8:02am On Sep 05, 2017
hoygift:
Autojosh's boy well-done sir
Na your *Boy* and your *Boss* again kwantinue

Re: Nissan's Intelligent Rearview Mirror Gives Drivers An Extra Set Of Eyes by tonguengineer(m): 8:53am On Sep 05, 2017
awoo47:
If that it is the motives to get a toy am sorry to tell u that u may never get one
Re: Nissan's Intelligent Rearview Mirror Gives Drivers An Extra Set Of Eyes by ehissi(m): 9:36am On Sep 05, 2017
lordm:
fool

Fool detector
Re: Nissan's Intelligent Rearview Mirror Gives Drivers An Extra Set Of Eyes by OVA200(m): 9:50am On Sep 05, 2017
Please how much is this car? make i sell my infinix hotnote and my blackberry charger to get it.
Re: Nissan's Intelligent Rearview Mirror Gives Drivers An Extra Set Of Eyes by JazzyPhizzle: 11:14am On Sep 05, 2017
@Op

Show FRSC this and they'll still fine you for carrying load that blocks your rear-view mirror.

I just tire for Naija!
Re: Nissan's Intelligent Rearview Mirror Gives Drivers An Extra Set Of Eyes by UncutSk(m): 11:34am On Sep 05, 2017
CH
Re: Nissan's Intelligent Rearview Mirror Gives Drivers An Extra Set Of Eyes by FunmyKemmy(f): 2:42pm On Sep 05, 2017
Great!
Re: Nissan's Intelligent Rearview Mirror Gives Drivers An Extra Set Of Eyes by Matthewdan(m): 3:26pm On Sep 05, 2017
sunshineV:
Everything is advancing and I'm still using Lumia 520

my brother I'm using Nokia E5☺
Re: Nissan's Intelligent Rearview Mirror Gives Drivers An Extra Set Of Eyes by sunshineV(f): 6:04pm On Sep 05, 2017
Matthewdan:

my brother I'm using Nokia E5☺

Ur condition critical gan ooo
Re: Nissan's Intelligent Rearview Mirror Gives Drivers An Extra Set Of Eyes by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 05, 2017
Brilliant concept!

(1) (Reply)

FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? / MRS Oil Denies Importing Adulterated Fuel / 10 Simple Steps To Save Money On Petrol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.