Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,147 members, 7,860,113 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:52 AM

Recession: Stop Giving Excuses, NLC Tells Leaders : PUNCH - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recession: Stop Giving Excuses, NLC Tells Leaders : PUNCH (602 Views)

RECESSION: Stop Blaming Me, I Managed The Economy Well – Jonathan Tells Buhari / Fulfil Your Promise On Job Creation For Youth, NLC Tells Buhari / Stop Giving Excuses, Oil Sold For $9 When I Was president, OBJ Tells buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recession: Stop Giving Excuses, NLC Tells Leaders : PUNCH by rozayx5(m): 10:51am On Sep 04, 2016

Gibson Achonu

Organised Labour has advised the political and economic class to embrace a bipartisan and pan-Nigerian approach to tackle the current economic crisis instead of trading blames and giving excuses.

Speaking at an interactive session organised by the Central Bank of Nigeria on Saturday in Owerri, the Imo State capital, a member of the National Executive Council of Nigeria Labour Congress, Issa Aremu, said rising inflation, high interest rates and factory closures needed to be addressed.

“Nigerians are seriously affected by rising inflation, double digit interest rates, factory closures and general underdevelopment. Nigerians must collectively confront underdevelopment instead of giving excuses and blaming each other,” Aremu said.

According to him, wage increase linked with productivity improvement and prompt payment of the backlog of salaries owed by state and local governments are necessary to reduce the hardship of Nigerians.

Reacting to the views of the past two governors of the CBN, Dr. Charles Soludo and Alhaji Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, on the policy thrust of the President Muhammadu Buhari administration, Aremu stated that the views of the former governors “sounded too familiar, predictable but unhelpful” for an economy begging for solutions.

The labour leader said Nigeria must replace the “current disjointed policies” with sustainable national development agenda.

He also called for the realignment of Nigeria monetary and fiscal policies to drive sustainable development.

Copyright PUNCH.

http://punchng.com/recession-stop-giving-excuses-nlc-tells-leaders/

lalasticlala
Re: Recession: Stop Giving Excuses, NLC Tells Leaders : PUNCH by ificatchmodeh: 10:55am On Sep 04, 2016
Good
Re: Recession: Stop Giving Excuses, NLC Tells Leaders : PUNCH by oduastates: 11:02am On Sep 04, 2016
Ever since the fuels subsidy fraud, I do not take these clowns seriously.
The hemorrhaging could have been stopped then.
The only thing members of NLC need is a sack.
You will only hear their voice when they want more money
Apart from the armed forces and medical personnel, follow the advise of Georgian president and disband the damn civil .
They only work for themselves. I cannot think of one thing that this civil service runs that work. Yet, nobody is giving EFFC clues about who is stealing or who stole what.
Throw the jobs open to all.
Re: Recession: Stop Giving Excuses, NLC Tells Leaders : PUNCH by Flexherbal(m): 11:05am On Sep 04, 2016
Even the NLC is not organised.
Re: Recession: Stop Giving Excuses, NLC Tells Leaders : PUNCH by Davash222(m): 11:10am On Sep 04, 2016
Flexherbal:
Even the NLC is not organised.

I believe they are organised enough to note this...

“Nigerians are seriously affected by rising inflation, double digit interest rates, factory closures and general underdevelopment. Nigerians must collectively confront underdevelopment instead of giving excuses and blaming each other,”
Re: Recession: Stop Giving Excuses, NLC Tells Leaders : PUNCH by chiboyo(m): 11:28am On Sep 04, 2016
I still don't understand why the present administration keep blaming the past and not taking proactive steps...

the masses are not seeing any action to alleviate the acute hunger ravaging the citizenry...

May God help us!
Re: Recession: Stop Giving Excuses, NLC Tells Leaders : PUNCH by mrvitalis(m): 11:35am On Sep 04, 2016
These economic issues has shown how uneducated our leaders are.....

Were are the professors of macro economics.. . Please write articles in simple English so that Nigerians can't understand what is happening.. .. We have ignorant fool who more ignorant followers.. Making stupid comments and heating of the place.. .

Break the situation down.. What the government is doing.. And what will get us out of here
Re: Recession: Stop Giving Excuses, NLC Tells Leaders : PUNCH by Boleyndynasty2(f): 11:42am On Sep 04, 2016
Confused set of peeps
Re: Recession: Stop Giving Excuses, NLC Tells Leaders : PUNCH by MadeInTokyo: 12:40pm On Sep 04, 2016
grin

(1) (Reply)

INEC reverses it self postpone Edo State Election- Punch Newspaper / Revealed: The Biggest LIARS Who Turned The Economy Upside Down / Thought I Have Seen It All..... Not Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.