Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,573 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Nigerian Designers At The Couture Fashion Week - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Nigerian Designers At The Couture Fashion Week (12172 Views)

Quality Customized Hand-made Couture Long-sleeve Shirts / Tumisola Ladega 14-Year-Old Designer At Africa Fashion Week London. / Senegambian Couture In Pictures! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Designers At The Couture Fashion Week by spikedcylinder: 11:52am On Oct 05, 2009
The Couture Fashion Week was held at the prestigious Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York City. In attendance were some of Nigeria’s leading fashion personalities like Betty Irabor, Editor-in-Chief and Publisher of Genevieve Magazine and Ruth Osime, ThisDay Newspaper. The stage was set and the first designer to display her collection was Lanre Da SIlva Ajayi (LDA).

Re: Nigerian Designers At The Couture Fashion Week by spikedcylinder: 12:08pm On Oct 05, 2009
LDA

Re: Nigerian Designers At The Couture Fashion Week by MadMax1(f): 1:17pm On Oct 05, 2009
Wetin be dis?
She should go into confectionaries and stop trying to ruin my eyesight. Next designer jere.
Re: Nigerian Designers At The Couture Fashion Week by spikedcylinder: 1:52pm On Oct 05, 2009
Zizi Cardow

Re: Nigerian Designers At The Couture Fashion Week by Shola2009(m): 1:59pm On Oct 05, 2009
mad Max stop hating jorr!! The dresses actually look stunning,
Re: Nigerian Designers At The Couture Fashion Week by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 05, 2009
Mad_Max:

Wetin be dis?
She should go into confectionaries and stop trying to ruin my eyesight. Next designer jere.

It's couture, I guess she's allowed. cheesy My first thoughts though were the same as yours grin. Zizi's better.
Re: Nigerian Designers At The Couture Fashion Week by spikedcylinder: 2:05pm On Oct 05, 2009
Hallero.

Re: Nigerian Designers At The Couture Fashion Week by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 05, 2009
Now this looks nice.
Re: Nigerian Designers At The Couture Fashion Week by spikedcylinder: 2:10pm On Oct 05, 2009
House of Jola.

Re: Nigerian Designers At The Couture Fashion Week by spikedcylinder: 2:21pm On Oct 05, 2009
Mad_Max:

Wetin be dis?

Its couture na. tongue
I actually think LDA's designs are stunning. In the Fashion scene, she comes a distant second to Deola Sagoe.

Shola2009:

mad Max stop hating jorr!! The dresses actually look stunning,

Don't mind max jare, she's usually jealous of shine shine. grin

stillwater:

It's couture, I guess she's allowed. cheesy My first thoughts though were the same as yours grin. Zizi's better.

Zizi's designs are more realistic (and maybe more aesthetically pleasing for Max tongue) but considering the fact that Couture Fashion Week displays luxury couture items, I think most of her designs are fail.
Re: Nigerian Designers At The Couture Fashion Week by ikamefa(f): 5:59pm On Oct 05, 2009
sisi erhmmmmmmmmmmmm ZIZi i mean is better grin grin

the rest look like fowl-dress

except that ball thingy up dia

would be good for my next halloween costume grin
Re: Nigerian Designers At The Couture Fashion Week by MadMax1(f): 6:56pm On Oct 05, 2009
@Shola & Spikie
Stunning ehn? You know you wouldn't be caught dead wearing them.

stillwater:

Those LDA things? They look like a child's colouring book.
See Zizi's mouth like someone owes her money and she's coming to fight.
Re: Nigerian Designers At The Couture Fashion Week by spikedcylinder: 7:17pm On Oct 05, 2009
Mad_Max:

@Shola & Spikie
Stunning ehn? You know you wouldn't be caught dead wearing them.

Those LDA things? They look like a child's colouring book.
See Zizi's mouth like someone owes her money and she's coming to fight.

That's the very idea of couture, unrealistic but creative fashion. They were not made for pret a porter.
I like LDA jor! You should see some of her regular designs. Lemme look for them for you.
Re: Nigerian Designers At The Couture Fashion Week by spikedcylinder: 7:41pm On Oct 05, 2009
Some of Lanre Da Silva's "normal" designs.

Re: Nigerian Designers At The Couture Fashion Week by MadMax1(f): 11:01pm On Oct 05, 2009
She certainly likes bold colours.
Re: Nigerian Designers At The Couture Fashion Week by mohawkchic(f): 12:57am On Oct 06, 2009
[size=13pt] ~I love these two. . .

[/size]
Re: Nigerian Designers At The Couture Fashion Week by spikedcylinder: 11:17am On Oct 06, 2009
Mad_Max:

She certainly likes bold colours.

She does? Check out this thread then.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-250046.0.html
Re: Nigerian Designers At The Couture Fashion Week by MadMax1(f): 12:32pm On Oct 06, 2009
That Mcqueen collection's the scariest thing ever! shocked shocked
Who's his client: Satan?
Look at his models. Pouting, runway walking freak shows.
Re: Nigerian Designers At The Couture Fashion Week by spikedcylinder: 12:39pm On Oct 06, 2009
Lol. Next to that, LDA is not so bold, is it? cheesy
Re: Nigerian Designers At The Couture Fashion Week by MadMax1(f): 3:02pm On Oct 06, 2009
'Normal' designs, ehn? I like Model No 5's brown and mauve munber with the truffled skirt, and No 4's shoes.
Re: Nigerian Designers At The Couture Fashion Week by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 06, 2009
@at all: nice but I'm not feeling Jola's designs too much except for the green one.

LDA's display is interesting.
Re: Nigerian Designers At The Couture Fashion Week by spikedcylinder: 7:37pm On Oct 06, 2009
Mad_Max:

'Normal' designs, ehn? I like Model No 5's brown and mauve munber with the truffled skirt, and No 4's shoes.

Yea, normal o. I like everything except the electric blue one.
Re: Nigerian Designers At The Couture Fashion Week by Kunbee: 4:46am On Oct 07, 2009
LDA i love love her kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss, shes so victorian
Re: Nigerian Designers At The Couture Fashion Week by Carlosein(m): 2:14pm On Oct 08, 2009
Are guys supposed to comment on these? wetin we know about oyibo 'couture'

bring iro and buba and gele skentele grin
Re: Nigerian Designers At The Couture Fashion Week by posakosa(m): 2:29pm On Oct 08, 2009
Mad_Max:

Wetin be dis?

hahahahahaha! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I concur Cardow's designs are much better.
Re: Nigerian Designers At The Couture Fashion Week by sammytb(m): 2:39pm On Oct 08, 2009
Carlosein:

Are guys supposed to comment on these? wetin we know about oyibo 'couture'

bring iro and buba and gele skentele grin Abi,,,,,,,,, oooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Nigerian Designers At The Couture Fashion Week by Nezan(m): 2:40pm On Oct 08, 2009
uwu!
Re: Nigerian Designers At The Couture Fashion Week by semid4lyfe(m): 2:43pm On Oct 08, 2009
Hmmm - All the clothes be like halloween costumes and all their colours dey riot.
Re: Nigerian Designers At The Couture Fashion Week by MUNEER2(m): 2:51pm On Oct 08, 2009
semid4lyfe:

Hmmm - All the clothes be like halloween costumes and all their colours dey riot.

You just spoke my mind.

I don't know why they call all these fashion, sincerely, they are simply not fashionable.
Re: Nigerian Designers At The Couture Fashion Week by gamechange(m): 3:36pm On Oct 08, 2009
@muneer2 et all

You are missing the point, fashion shows are about edginess, uniqueness, pushing the boundaries of what is norm, its that creativity that people are applauded for. Typically what is then available on the high streets are very toned down or slightly similar versions of these creations.
Lets learn to appreciate what these guys do, they effectively determine whats hot and whats not.
Re: Nigerian Designers At The Couture Fashion Week by mrperfect(m): 4:11pm On Oct 08, 2009
Ok, they are at it again.
Re: Nigerian Designers At The Couture Fashion Week by femi4love(m): 4:12pm On Oct 08, 2009
[size=16pt]Ojuju Calabar![/size]  grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Original, Casio Digital Wrist Watches Available With FREE DELIVERY / Men Wearing Red Jeans/trousers / Would Fashion Design Be Relevant In A Few Years?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.