Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,209 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

5 Different Ways To Permanently Get Rid Of Malware And Bloat Wares On Your Andro - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Different Ways To Permanently Get Rid Of Malware And Bloat Wares On Your Andro (4483 Views)

Samsung Permanently Discontinues The Galaxy Note7 / 5 Ways To Protect/guard Your Android Smartphone Or Tablet Against Malware Attack / Permanently Unlock The New Spectranet E5573s-606 Mifi 4G Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Different Ways To Permanently Get Rid Of Malware And Bloat Wares On Your Andro by Reediano(m): 1:01pm On Sep 04, 2016
While your Android device might be immune to viruses, it is still very much exposed to lot of dangers such as bloat wares and malware. For some time now, Malware has proven to be one of android's worst enemy. An android device that gets infected by malware starts malfunctioning to the point that it gets almost useless.

Recently I posted two different articles on how to prevent your phone from getting infected and also ways to know if your phone has already been infected. And for the benefit of those who are already facing malware issues on their phone, I will be providing different methods to remove malware on your android smartphone.

Malware gets more advanced every day by day that now it's almost impossible to remove them by just uninstalling or performing a factory reset. Most times after successfully gaining access into your smartphone, this apps automatically roots your phone and makes itself a system app thereby becoming almost impossible to get rid of.

But not to worry, have made a compilation of different methods to completely get rid of bloat wares or malware on your smartphone.

==> 1. By uninstalling: As I said earlier this malware apps tries to root your phone and gain administrative access thereby becoming almost impossible to uninstall. But if you happen to detect it early then this method should work.
=> Reboot your phone into safe mode.
=> Go to your phone settings >> Apps >> All.
=> Search for any application that looks strange or any of your recently installed apps and uninstall them.
If the uninstall button is not highlighted and you are unable to click on it then the app has probably gained administrative access on your phone and it needs to be deactivated before you be able to uninstall it.

Follow the procedure below to deactivate it:
=> Go to phone settings >> Security >> Device administrators.
=> If you find any other app below "Android Device Manager" untick the box to deactivate. (Make sure you take note of the app's name).
=> Now go back to your app settings to uninstall the App.
That's all.

==> 2. Install An Anti malware: It's always important to have anti malware installed on your android device even if your smartphone is not infected yet. And also try to perform a regular scan at least once a week.
Stubborn trojan killer is very effective app for removing and also also detecting malware and bloat wares on your smartphone. But you can also check out other anti malware apps like avg, avast, 360 security, malwarebyte, Kaspersky or you can also check out this link. http://www.yomitech.com/2016/09/5-best-antivirus-and-anti-malware-apps.html

==> 3. Using system application uninstaller: If none of the methods above works for you then there is a great chance the malware has already gained the highest authority on your smartphone and is now a system app.
So the best alternative is to download and install a system app uninstaller from playstore. The only problem is that your phone must be rooted before this method will work for you.
=> Make sure your phone is rooted.
=> Search for "system app remover (root)" from playstore and install.
=> Launch the app and grant it root permission.
=> Tick the system apps you want to uninstall and click the red uninstall button at the bottom.
*If you don't know the name of malware apps then run a virus scan on your phone with any anti malware to identify them.
=> Click on yes to confirm and wait while the app tries to uninstall the system apps.
=> If the process was successful then you should receive a confirmation message.
=> Just restart your phone afterwards.

==> 4. Manually Deleting the malware App: Although I expect the method above to easily uninstall the malware apps but if for any reason you get an error message then you will have to manually delete the apps from your phone's system folder.
But before you can manually delete the system app, you need to know the exact location. But this might be a bit difficult if you aren't much of a techy person. But don't worry though, I will show you a simple trick to know the exact path of the system app.
=> Launch the system app remover you downloaded earlier.
=> Tick on the three dot at the top right corner to display more options.
=> Tick "apk path" and press the back button.
=> Now you will see the app path or app location below every app.

How to manually delete system app
=> Search and download Root explorer from playstore.
=> Now navigate to the app folder of the app you want to delete.
=> Long click on the apk file to select it and click on the delete icon at the top of root explorer app to delete.
=> You will get a pop-up msg asking if you want to "remount as read-write". Just click on yes to continue.
=> That's all. You can go ahead and restart your phone.

Note: Using the 3rd and 4th method requires extra caution as deleting the wrong system file can affect your phone's operation thereby making it malfunction. The other best option will be to just freeze it.

==> 5. Freeze Suspected Apps: So to be on a more safer side, you can rather freeze the app rather than deleting it. So the app will still remain on your phone but won't function at all and you can easily unfreeze it if it affects your phone's performance.
=> First perform a full scan with an anti malware app to detect the unwanted app.
=> Download titanium backup pro.
=> Launch the app and tap on backup and restore.
=> Search for the suspected app and click on it.
=> Now click on freeze and restart your phone.

So guys have posted five different methods to permanently get rid of those annoying malware and bloatwares. I know this post is a bit long and it might be a bit confusing for those who are new to stuffs like this .

So if you have any question, feel free to drop them in the comment box below and i will try to help out. Also don't forget to share this post.

Source: http://www.yomitech.com/2016/09/5-different-ways-to-permanently-get-rid.html

You can also check out:
=> 5 Best Antivirus And Anti-malware Apps For Android
https://www.nairaland.com/3325197/5-best-antivirus-anti-malware-apps

=> 5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware
https://www.nairaland.com/3321790/5-signs-show-android-smartphone

=> 5 Ways To Protect/guard Your Android Smartphone Or Tablet Against Malware Attack
https://www.nairaland.com/3306449/5-ways-protect-guard-android
Re: 5 Different Ways To Permanently Get Rid Of Malware And Bloat Wares On Your Andro by Fidelismaria: 8:22pm On Sep 04, 2016
sir i kinda av anoda problem cos d malware override me for example i may b browsing on opera nd d next tin i know is chrome or anyoda browsing app exiting my opera nd automatically browsing a site or multiple sites i dint type dere in d first place pls is it still malware or sumtin else?
Re: 5 Different Ways To Permanently Get Rid Of Malware And Bloat Wares On Your Andro by Reediano(m): 3:19am On Sep 05, 2016
Fidelismaria:
sir i kinda av anoda problem cos d malware override me for example i may b browsing on opera nd d next tin i know is chrome or anyoda browsing app exiting my opera nd automatically browsing a site or multiple sites i dint type dere in d first place pls is it still malware or sumtin else?
It is still malware
Re: 5 Different Ways To Permanently Get Rid Of Malware And Bloat Wares On Your Andro by myatl101: 4:42pm On Sep 05, 2016
Reediano:
While your Android device might be immune to viruses, it is still very much exposed to lot of dangers such as bloat wares and malware. For some time now, Malware has proven to be one of android's worst enemy. An android device that gets infected by malware starts malfunctioning to the point that it gets almost useless.

Recently I posted two different articles on how to prevent your phone from getting infected and also ways to know if your phone has already been infected. And for the benefit of those who are already facing malware issues on their phone, I will be providing different methods to remove malware on your android smartphone.

Malware gets more advanced every day by day that now it's almost impossible to remove them by just uninstalling or performing a factory reset. Most times after successfully gaining access into your smartphone, this apps automatically roots your phone and makes itself a system app thereby becoming almost impossible to get rid of.

But not to worry, have made a compilation of different methods to completely get rid of bloat wares or malware on your smartphone.

==> 1. By uninstalling: As I said earlier this malware apps tries to root your phone and gain administrative access thereby becoming almost impossible to uninstall. But if you happen to detect it early then this method should work.
=> Reboot your phone into safe mode.
=> Go to your phone settings >> Apps >> All.
=> Search for any application that looks strange or any of your recently installed apps and uninstall them.
If the uninstall button is not highlighted and you are unable to click on it then the app has probably gained administrative access on your phone and it needs to be deactivated before you be able to uninstall it.

Follow the procedure below to deactivate it:
=> Go to phone settings >> Security >> Device administrators.
=> If you find any other app below "Android Device Manager" untick the box to deactivate. (Make sure you take note of the app's name).
=> Now go back to your app settings to uninstall the App.
That's all.

==> 2. Install An Anti malware: It's always important to have anti malware installed on your android device even if your smartphone is not infected yet. And also try to perform a regular scan at least once a week.
Stubborn trojan killer is very effective app for removing and also also detecting malware and bloat wares on your smartphone. But you can also check out other anti malware apps like avg, avast, 360 security, malwarebyte, Kaspersky or you can also check out this link. http://www.yomitech.com/2016/09/5-best-antivirus-and-anti-malware-apps.html

==> 3. Using system application uninstaller: If none of the methods above works for you then there is a great chance the malware has already gained the highest authority on your smartphone and is now a system app.
So the best alternative is to download and install a system app uninstaller from playstore. The only problem is that your phone must be rooted before this method will work for you.
=> Make sure your phone is rooted.
=> Search for "system app remover (root)" from playstore and install.
=> Tick the system apps you want to uninstall and click the red uninstall button at the bottom.
*If you don't know the name of malware apps then run a virus scan on your phone with any anti malware to identify them.
=> Click on yes to confirm and wait while the app tries to uninstall the system apps.
=> If the process was successful then you should receive a confirmation message.
=> Just restart your phone afterwards.

==> 4. Manually Deleting the malware App: Although I expect the method above to easily uninstall the malware apps but if for any reason you get an error message then you will have to manually delete the apps from your phone's system folder.
But before you can manually delete the system app, you need to know the exact location. But this might be a bit difficult if you aren't much of a techy person. But don't worry though, I will show you a simple trick to know the exact path of the system app.
=> Launch the system app remover you downloaded earlier.
=> Tick on the three dot at the top right corner to display more options.
=> Tick "apk path" and press the back button.
=> Now you will see the app path or app location below every app.

How to manually delete system app
=> Search and download Root explorer from playstore.
=> Now navigate to the app folder of the app you want to delete.
=> Long click on the apk file to select it and click on the delete icon at the top of root explorer app to delete.
=> You will get a pop-up msg asking if you want to "remount as read-write". Just click on yes to continue.
=> That's all. You can go ahead and restart your phone.

Note: Using the 3rd and 4th method requires extra caution as deleting the wrong system file can affect your phone's operation thereby making it malfunction. The other best option will be to just freeze it.

==> 5. Freeze Suspected Apps: So to be on a more safer side, you can rather freeze the app rather than deleting it. So the app will still remain on your phone but won't function at all and you can easily unfreeze it if it affects your phone's performance.
=> First perform a full scan with an anti malware app to detect the unwanted app.
=> Download titanium backup pro.
=> Launch the app and tap on backup and restore.
=> Search for the suspected app and click on it.
=> Now click on freeze and restart your phone.

So guys have posted five different methods to permanently get rid of those annoying malware and bloatwares. I know this post is a bit long and it might be a bit confusing for those who are new to stuffs like this .

So if you have any question, feel free to drop them in the comment box below and i will try to help out. Also don't forget to share this post.

Source: http://www.yomitech.com/2016/09/5-different-ways-to-permanently-get-rid.html

You can also check out:
=> 5 Best Antivirus And Anti-malware Apps For Android
https://www.nairaland.com/3325197/5-best-antivirus-anti-malware-apps

=> 5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware
https://www.nairaland.com/3321790/5-signs-show-android-smartphone

=> 5 Ways To Protect/guard Your Android Smartphone Or Tablet Against Malware Attack
https://www.nairaland.com/3306449/5-ways-protect-guard-android

How I reboot to safe mode?
I've tried the first step severally but nothing.

Even after, here what I got after uninstall process.

Re: 5 Different Ways To Permanently Get Rid Of Malware And Bloat Wares On Your Andro by Reediano(m): 4:55pm On Sep 05, 2016
myatl101:

How I reboot to safe mode?
I've tried the first step severally but nothing.

Even after, here what I got after uninstall process.
What is the name of your phone and Is Your phone rooted
Re: 5 Different Ways To Permanently Get Rid Of Malware And Bloat Wares On Your Andro by myatl101: 5:48pm On Sep 05, 2016
Reediano:

What is the name of your phone and Is Your phone rooted

It's Tecno-y6 and don't know if rooted or not.
Re: 5 Different Ways To Permanently Get Rid Of Malware And Bloat Wares On Your Andro by DEIFIED(m): 8:19pm On Sep 05, 2016
Op the stubborn trojan horse does not work on unrooted phones, like me i have to manage Droidwall to block all the system apps i believed the malware has created on my phone. It has become manageable since then.
Re: 5 Different Ways To Permanently Get Rid Of Malware And Bloat Wares On Your Andro by DEIFIED(m): 8:26pm On Sep 05, 2016
The only problem i am experiencing currently is that i cant open my ucweb brower, task manager or app manager of my phone, if i try opening them my phone restarts. I believe this problem started from my UC browser, as i started experiencing it while i was browsing with the uceeb browser. If i try uninstalling the ucweb browser my phone also restarts. Pls does anyone have any idea on what i should?
Re: 5 Different Ways To Permanently Get Rid Of Malware And Bloat Wares On Your Andro by DEIFIED(m): 8:27pm On Sep 05, 2016
The only problem i am experiencing currently is that i cant open my ucweb brower, task manager or app manager of my phone, if i try opening them my phone restarts. I believe this problem started from my UC browser, as i started experiencing it while i was browsing with the uceeb browser. If i try uninstalling the ucweb browser my phone also restarts. Pls does anyone have any idea on what i should do?
Re: 5 Different Ways To Permanently Get Rid Of Malware And Bloat Wares On Your Andro by Reediano(m): 11:22pm On Sep 05, 2016
DEIFIED:
The only problem i am experiencing currently is that i cant open my ucweb brower, task manager or app manager of my phone, if i try opening them my phone restarts. I believe this problem started from my UC browser, as i started experiencing it while i was browsing with the uceeb browser. If i try uninstalling the ucweb browser my phone also restarts. Pls does anyone have any idea on what i should do?

Why don't you just root your phone and permanently get rid of the malware once and for all
Re: 5 Different Ways To Permanently Get Rid Of Malware And Bloat Wares On Your Andro by Reediano(m): 11:23pm On Sep 05, 2016
myatl101:

It's Tecno-y6 and don't know if rooted or not.

Search for KINGROOT on Google and use it to root your phone...

After that , you can go ahead and install stubborn trojan
Re: 5 Different Ways To Permanently Get Rid Of Malware And Bloat Wares On Your Andro by AwesomeRomeo: 11:59pm On Sep 05, 2016
DEIFIED:
Factory reset your phone.
Re: 5 Different Ways To Permanently Get Rid Of Malware And Bloat Wares On Your Andro by myatl101: 2:03pm On Sep 06, 2016
Reediano:

Search for KINGROOT on Google and use it to root your phone...

After that , you can go ahead and install stubborn trojan

Hope I won't loss my stored data and files?
Re: 5 Different Ways To Permanently Get Rid Of Malware And Bloat Wares On Your Andro by Reediano(m): 2:29pm On Sep 06, 2016
myatl101:

Hope I won't loss my stored data and files?

No you won't.... As long as you follow the right steps
Re: 5 Different Ways To Permanently Get Rid Of Malware And Bloat Wares On Your Andro by myatl101: 2:39pm On Sep 06, 2016
Reediano:

Here what I got after the download.

Re: 5 Different Ways To Permanently Get Rid Of Malware And Bloat Wares On Your Andro by Reediano(m): 2:40pm On Sep 06, 2016
myatl101:

Here what I got after the download.

Ignore it
Re: 5 Different Ways To Permanently Get Rid Of Malware And Bloat Wares On Your Andro by myatl101: 2:49pm On Sep 06, 2016
Reediano:

Ignore it

Hope the phone is safe?
Economy is bad to buy phone poorly!

Just want to be sure before going further, all your steps really ease my tension but this is the greatest.
Re: 5 Different Ways To Permanently Get Rid Of Malware And Bloat Wares On Your Andro by myatl101: 3:24pm On Sep 06, 2016
Reediano:

See the wahala oooo.

Re: 5 Different Ways To Permanently Get Rid Of Malware And Bloat Wares On Your Andro by Reediano(m): 3:45pm On Sep 06, 2016
myatl101:

See the wahala oooo.

Click on "Try to root" and make sure you have good internet connection...

I will recommend 3g
Re: 5 Different Ways To Permanently Get Rid Of Malware And Bloat Wares On Your Andro by Reediano(m): 3:48pm On Sep 06, 2016
myatl101:

Hope the phone is safe?
Economy is bad to buy phone poorly!

Just want to be sure before going further, all your steps really ease my tension but this is the greatest.

Lol... I understand grin cheesy

You are good to go
Re: 5 Different Ways To Permanently Get Rid Of Malware And Bloat Wares On Your Andro by cornelin(m): 10:07pm On Sep 06, 2016
I had similar issues with you as until two days ago when I discovered stubborn trojan. My phone always downloads unsolicited apps and unnecessary pop ups which made my browsing life difficult.
So what I did as suggested here by a thread I stumbled upon was to download stubborn Trojan since then I became free from all the hassles.
First, make sure your phone is rooted, download and install Stubborn Trojan then scan and voila all those hidden malwares will be right there staring at you on your phone screen until u did justice to them. Make sure you are connected to the internet during the scanning.
Am very happy with my phone now
Re: 5 Different Ways To Permanently Get Rid Of Malware And Bloat Wares On Your Andro by myatl101: 2:42pm On Sep 07, 2016
Reediano:

I will recommend 3g

Hello brother, I tried all your mentioned tricks but didn't worked out.

See what I got after I checked and the Trojan is still much active.

Can I add you on whatsapp or give me your address to come for your paid service.

Re: 5 Different Ways To Permanently Get Rid Of Malware And Bloat Wares On Your Andro by myatl101: 3:44pm On Sep 07, 2016
Reediano:

I will recommend 3g

Success!
But the Trojan keeps installing back after deletion.

What's the next step?

Re: 5 Different Ways To Permanently Get Rid Of Malware And Bloat Wares On Your Andro by Reediano(m): 3:05am On Sep 08, 2016
myatl101:

Success!

What's the next step?
Did you try using the stubborn trojan killer.!?
Re: 5 Different Ways To Permanently Get Rid Of Malware And Bloat Wares On Your Andro by myatl101: 11:52pm On Sep 13, 2016
Reediano:

Did you try using the stubborn trojan killer.!?

Yes but no solutions till date.
How can I locate your office to come for your paid service?
Re: 5 Different Ways To Permanently Get Rid Of Malware And Bloat Wares On Your Andro by Reediano(m): 12:06pm On Sep 14, 2016
myatl101:

Success!

What's the next step?

If you know the name of the Trojan, them manually uninstall it and also make sure you disable "allow installation from unknown source"
Re: 5 Different Ways To Permanently Get Rid Of Malware And Bloat Wares On Your Andro by myatl101: 12:35pm On Sep 17, 2016
Reediano:

If you know the name of the Trojan, them manually uninstall it and also make sure you disable "allow installation from unknown source"

I just can't laugh!
You know why? I've gone far more than all you mentioned.

I'll physically visit your office for your paid service. And how do I unroot back the phone?
Re: 5 Different Ways To Permanently Get Rid Of Malware And Bloat Wares On Your Andro by Reediano(m): 9:10pm On Oct 11, 2016
HMmmmm
Re: 5 Different Ways To Permanently Get Rid Of Malware And Bloat Wares On Your Andro by Nobody: 12:04am On Oct 12, 2016
Re: 5 Different Ways To Permanently Get Rid Of Malware And Bloat Wares On Your Andro by khanmobiles: 10:48pm On Mar 27, 2017
Re: 5 Different Ways To Permanently Get Rid Of Malware And Bloat Wares On Your Andro by laptopinuae: 11:22pm On Aug 23, 2023

(1) (Reply)

[LATEST] Get 40MB For N5 On Airtel / How To Configure Airtel Wap/gprs Internet On Tecno Trinity Phone / My Unboxing Review Video Of The Innjoo Halo + Specifications And Features !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.