Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,050 members, 7,956,909 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:14 PM

Restitution. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Restitution. (427 Views)

Help Needed Concerning Restitution / Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? / Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Restitution. by cole265(m): 1:28pm On Sep 04, 2016
Fellow Nairalanders. I came back from church today depressed and dejected. The sermon at church is on the topic "Restitution".
I thought I am heavenly bound having accepted Jesus as my Lord and saviour, making sure that old things are pass away and doubling effort never to go back to my old sinful ways. But lo and behold today's sermon on Restitution deflated my joy. The pastor emphasised that Restitution entails my confessing to those my evil past affected negatively, before I can truly claim eternity.
I respect the preacher a lot, but this is very hard for me considering the possibility and practicality of confessing to those I have wronged in my evil days before my encounter with Christ.
Please I need further clarification on this Restitution matter and help on how to go about it if I have to. I can't ask the preacher or anyone directly because it's going to lead to so much pressure and emotional disturbance for me. Your honest views and discussion on the matter in this forum will surely help me to take the next step.
Thank you all in advance.

(1) (Reply)

People Who Give Islam A Bad Name-listverse / Dont open if u are an athiest please. Message is not for you / Can A Christian Be Possessed By The Devil?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.