Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,551 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Reselling Of Our Airline Ticket In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Reselling Of Our Airline Ticket In Nigeria (2539 Views)

Nigeria Air: National Airline Unveiled (Photos, Video) / Dana Air Wins Best Customer Friendly Domestic Airline Award… / Ethiopian Airline Lands Latest Boeing 787-9 In Abuja With 177 Passengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reselling Of Our Airline Ticket In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 04, 2016
Hello All

My neighbor and i have airline tickets, my neighbor to Singapore and then myself to kaduna. For unexpected reasons, we can not make the journey again due to unexpected landlord issues we must urgently sort out.

My neighbor has called etihad for a refund but was told he would get 150k out of a 450k ticket, which presently has a value of 600k.

As for me, no head way as calling my Nigerian airline (arik), they gave me the impression refund is not available.

My question is, can anyone with the experience explain to me how we can re-sell these ticket
Re: Reselling Of Our Airline Ticket In Nigeria by justwise(m): 4:36pm On Sep 04, 2016
Phinalphantasy:
Hello All

My neighbor and i have airline tickets, my neighbor to Singapore and then myself to kaduna. For unexpected reasons, we can not make the journey again due to unexpected landlord issues we must urgently sort out.

My neighbor has called etihad for a refund but was told he would get 150k out of a 450k ticket, which presently has a value of 600k.

As for me, no head way as calling my Nigerian airline (arik), they gave me the impression refund is not available.

My question is, can anyone with the experience explain to me how we can re-sell these ticket

You can't re-sell flight ticket you booked on your name.

..and getting a refund from the airlines is close to impossible, i learned the hard way recently.

1 Like

Re: Reselling Of Our Airline Ticket In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 10, 2016
justwise:
[/b]

You can't re-sell flight ticket you booked on your name.

..and getting a refund from the airlines is close to impossible, i learned the hard way recently.

hi justwise. thanks for this. i think i need to sit down and solve this impossibility.afterall, solutions are the gateway to financial prosperity. Afterwards, the solution can be packaged into a web application and afterwards mobile application.
Re: Reselling Of Our Airline Ticket In Nigeria by justwise(m): 8:36pm On Sep 10, 2016
Phinalphantasy:

hi justwise. thanks for this. i think i need to sit down and solve this impossibility.afterall, solutions are the gateway to financial prosperity. Afterwards, the solution can be packaged into a web application and afterwards mobile application.

Bro you lost me there
Re: Reselling Of Our Airline Ticket In Nigeria by ugsams(m): 2:43pm On Sep 12, 2016
Phinalphantasy:
Hello All

You can not resell it and it
will be very difficult to get up to 50% refund even if it's possible. However, you can consider these options, open the ticket and use it for travel in a no distant time or reroute the ticket by adding another destination you might want to travel to, it might save you some cost next time.

2 Likes

Re: Reselling Of Our Airline Ticket In Nigeria by elgorethi: 6:38am On Sep 13, 2016
Haha, Nigerians sha. Well you can sell out your own ticket to Kaduna, as it is a local flight and no strict restrictions upon flight check-in at the Airport. The person you selling the ticket to will just need to get an ID that will show your name (though is is impersonation but still the only way out). As for the Singapore neighbor, you better advise he/she collects the 150k else the ticket will expire soon and nothing go show again
Phinalphantasy:
Hello All

(1) (Reply)

Are These The Countries With The Best National Anthems? / Check Out The Traffic Jam For Bicycles In The Netherlands(photos) / Bored! Is There Any Young Nigerian In Baltimore, MD Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.