Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,500 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed. (7956 Views)

Does Anyone Know Who And How The Bible Was Compiled / Bible Was Untouched By Flames After Road Accident In Abuja / Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed. by alimat2(f): 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2009
Xtians why dnt u learn the language called Hebrew for proper understanding of your religion cos i think i will help to know more about the truth in the bible.
if every xtian can learn and understand the language there wont be problem of translation error.
Re: Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed. by noetic15(m): 2:02pm On Oct 05, 2009
why are muslims interested in the contents of a "corrupt" book?
Re: Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed. by shakerz: 2:04pm On Oct 05, 2009
because muslims have a stake at it too, the bible if any reasonable person, heck most scholars of the text such as the learned men who study textual variant, maniscipt history and the history of christian knows that the bible has been corrupted, that it has been transformed over hundreds of years, maybe the muslim is trying to save you from that mess hmmmm tongue
Re: Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed. by alimat2(f): 2:13pm On Oct 05, 2009
@noetic, but its just a suggestion or dont u think u need to learn the language for better understanding of ur religion?
Re: Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed. by noetic15(m): 2:21pm On Oct 05, 2009
shakerz:

[b]because muslims have a stake at it too, [/b]the bible if any reasonable person, heck most scholars of the text such as the learned men who study textual variant, maniscipt history and the history of christian knows that the bible has been corrupted, that it has been transformed over hundreds of years, maybe the muslim is trying to save you from that mess hmmmm tongue

and what is the stake of muslims in the bible?

. . .when will these FOOLS produce the original copy of the bible?. . . . .if the bible is corrupt, where is the original? was allah delusive enough not to save a copy?
Re: Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed. by noetic15(m): 2:21pm On Oct 05, 2009
alimat 2:

@noetic, but its just a suggestion or dont u think u need to learn the language for better understanding of your religion?

thats why there are several translations
Re: Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed. by alimat2(f): 2:24pm On Oct 05, 2009
noetic15:

thats why there are several translations

And that is why u need to learn the language ur self!!!!! so that u know the real meaning of every word that is translated to u or will u accept it all hook line and sinker?
Re: Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed. by shakerz: 2:27pm On Oct 05, 2009
noetic15:

and what is the stake of muslims in the bible?

. . .when will these FOOLS produce the original copy of the bible?. .  . . .if the bible is corrupt, where is the original? was allah delusive enough not to save a copy?

The original copy of the bible? You are a mess, the bible is not one book, like the one in your room. The bible is a collection of books brough together from numerous documents that the church abritrarily decided to put together, while leaving others out. Jesus while he was preaching never had the daaamn bible you have today, its not like he was carrying it around. This is what the muslims believe in, its called the INJEEL, that pure form, dude take a class in comparitive religion or something

or just watch this video of the history of the formation of the bible done by pastor-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mnX80nwRJY

educate thyself~
Re: Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed. by noetic15(m): 2:33pm On Oct 05, 2009
alimat 2:

And that is why u need to learn the language your self!!!!! so that u know the real meaning of every word that is translated to u or will u accept it all hook line and sinker?

why does the "real meaning" bother u? . . . .why are u not content with ur koran?
Re: Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed. by noetic15(m): 2:34pm On Oct 05, 2009
shakerz:

The original copy of the bible? You are a mess, the bible is not one book, like the one in your room. The bible is a collection of books brough together from numerous documents that the church abritrarily decided to put together, while leaving others out. Jesus while he was preaching never had the daaamn bible you have today, its not like he was carrying it around. This is what the muslims believe in, its called the INJEEL, that pure form, dude take a class in comparitive religion or something

or just watch this video of the history of the formation of the bible done by pastor-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mnX80nwRJY

educate thyself~

This slowpoke is yet to state why EXACTLY he is obsessed with the bible? . . . . .what happened to ur koran?
Re: Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed. by shakerz: 2:56pm On Oct 05, 2009
Finished watching the video yet grin

you are indeed a mess,

Just admit it no sensible person can say the bible is not corrupted. Even you are not trying to defend that point, you know deepdown inside that the version you have is different from the other versions haha
Re: Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed. by noetic15(m): 3:10pm On Oct 05, 2009
shakerz:

Finished watching the video yet grin

you are indeed a mess,

[b]Just admit it no sensible person can say the bible is not corrupted. [/b]Even you are not trying to defend that point, you know deepdown inside that the version you have is different from the other versions haha

did i hear u say the above? where is ur EVIDENCE that the bible is corrupt? why does it require senses to understand?. . . why not simple evidences?

is it because this slowpoke has no brain of his own?
Re: Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed. by Abuzola(m): 3:25pm On Oct 05, 2009
Alimah is right, it would do a lot of good pertaining the dispute between christian denomination about jesus sonship, holy spirit and the doctrine of trinity. Why should i translate uban-giji as fatherhood when i know its a phrase because i know the language, hence ubangiji is God
Re: Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed. by noetic15(m): 3:26pm On Oct 05, 2009
Abuzola:

Alimah is right, it would do a lot of good pertaining the dispute between christian denomination about jesus sonship, holy spirit and the doctrine of trinity. Why should i translate uban-giji as fatherhood when i know its a phrase because i know the language, hence ubangiji is God

is there any sense in the above?
Re: Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed. by AKO1(m): 3:30pm On Oct 05, 2009
I don't think its necessary to learn the entire language, except you're a theologian or something. There are plenty of resources on and offline that can assist translation.
Re: Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed. by shakerz: 3:52pm On Oct 05, 2009
noetic15:

did i hear u say the above? where is your EVIDENCE that the bible is corrupt? why does it require senses to understand?. . . why not simple evidences?

is it because this slowpoke has no brain of his own?

okay here is simple evidence, i will post to you the list of gospels that werent selected, not known by the church, or were considered heritical. These versions were once believed to be the bible by many people for hundreds of years, but the church came and decided 4 and now u are a blind

* Gnostic: The Gospel of Thomas
* Gnostic: The Secret Book of James
* Gnostic: Basilides
* Gnostic: Naassene Fragment
* Gnostic: Gospel of Mary
* Gnostic: Dialogue of the Savior
* Gnostic: Gospel of the Savior
* Gnostic: Marcion
* Gnostic: Epiphanes
* Gnostic: Ophite Diagrams
* Gnostic: Ptolemy
* Gnostic: Gospel of Truth
* Gnostic: Excerpts of Theodotus
* Gnostic: Heracleon
* Gnostic: Acts of Peter
* Gnostic: Acts of Thomas
# The Book of Thomas the Contender
# The Concept of Our Great Power
# The Dialogue of the Savior
# The Discourse on the Eighth and Ninth
# The Hypostasis of the Archons
# Hypsiphrone
# The Interpretation of Knowledge
# The Letter of Peter to Philip
# Marsanes
# Melchizedek
# On the Anointing
# On the Baptism A
# On the Baptism B
# On the Eucharist A
# On the Eucharist B
# On the Origin of the World*
# The Paraphrase of Shem
# Plato, Republic 588A-589B
# The Prayer of the Apostle Paul
# The Prayer of Thanksgiving
# The Second Treatise of the Great Seth
# The Sentences of Sextus
# The Sophia of Jesus Christ
# The Teachings of Silvanus
# The Testimony of Truth
# The Thought of Norea
# The Three Steles of Seth
# The Thunder, Perfect Mind
# The Treatise on the Resurrection
# Trimorphic Protennoia
# The Tripartite Tractate
# A Valentinian Exposition
# Zostrianos

I BET YOU NEVER HEARD OF THESE HAVE YOU? SEE MEN, THE MEN OF THE CHURCH ABRIRTELY CHOSE THE FOUR GOSPELS THAT FIT WITH THEIR TRINTARIAN VIEWS WHICH WERE A COPY FROM MITHRA!!

NOW GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY cool
Re: Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed. by Abuzola(m): 4:00pm On Oct 05, 2009
I like that, noetic where are u and ur black face ?
Re: Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed. by alimat2(f): 5:02pm On Oct 05, 2009
He is asking google grin grin grin grin
Re: Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed. by noetic15(m): 6:54pm On Oct 05, 2009
shakerz:

okay here is simple evidence, i will post to you the list of gospels that werent selected, not known by the church, or were considered heritical. These versions were once believed to be the bible by many people for hundreds of years, but the church came and decided 4 and now u are a blind

* Gnostic: The Gospel of Thomas
    * Gnostic: The Secret Book of James
    * Gnostic: Basilides
    * Gnostic: Naassene Fragment
    * Gnostic: Gospel of Mary
    * Gnostic: Dialogue of the Savior
    * Gnostic: Gospel of the Savior
    * Gnostic: Marcion
    * Gnostic: Epiphanes
    * Gnostic: Ophite Diagrams
    * Gnostic: Ptolemy
    * Gnostic: Gospel of Truth
    * Gnostic: Excerpts of Theodotus
    * Gnostic: Heracleon
    * Gnostic: Acts of Peter
    * Gnostic: Acts of Thomas
# The Book of Thomas the Contender
# The Concept of Our Great Power
# The Dialogue of the Savior
# The Discourse on the Eighth and Ninth
# The Hypostasis of the Archons
# Hypsiphrone
# The Interpretation of Knowledge
# The Letter of Peter to Philip
# Marsanes
# Melchizedek
# On the Anointing
# On the Baptism A
# On the Baptism B
# On the Eucharist A
# On the Eucharist B
# On the Origin of the World*
# The Paraphrase of Shem
# Plato, Republic 588A-589B
# The Prayer of the Apostle Paul
# The Prayer of Thanksgiving
# The Second Treatise of the Great Seth
# The Sentences of Sextus
# The Sophia of Jesus Christ
# The Teachings of Silvanus
# The Testimony of Truth
# The Thought of Norea
# The Three Steles of Seth
# The Thunder, Perfect Mind
# The Treatise on the Resurrection
# Trimorphic Protennoia
# The Tripartite Tractate
# A Valentinian Exposition
# Zostrianos

I BET YOU NEVER HEARD OF THESE HAVE YOU? SEE MEN, THE MEN OF THE CHURCH ABRIRTELY CHOSE THE FOUR GOSPELS THAT FIT WITH THEIR TRINTARIAN VIEWS WHICH WERE A COPY FROM MITHRA!!

NOW GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY  cool

1. can this IGNORAMUS start by defining what a bible is? I really want to know your understanding of the word "bible" and its inherent origin.

2. are the above book's part of allah's original copy? where is allah's original version?

3. Each of the books listed above, do u know their origin, purpose and intent of writting?

4. the 66 books in the bible, what is their origin and what was the purpose of writing them?

Abuzola:

I like that, noetic where are u and your black face ?
alimat 2:

He is asking google grin grin grin grin

In the congregation of the ignorant. .  .delusion is rampant 
Re: Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed. by Abuzola(m): 7:13pm On Oct 05, 2009
What exactly is ur point, its not part of the bible or not ?
Re: Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed. by noetic15(m): 7:30pm On Oct 05, 2009
Abuzola:

What exactly is your point, its not part of the bible or not ?

what do u understand by the word "BIBLE" ?
Re: Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed. by Abuzola(m): 7:44pm On Oct 05, 2009
The modern bible was bastardize and plagarized, we believe in the original bible
Re: Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed. by noetic15(m): 7:49pm On Oct 05, 2009
Abuzola:

The modern bible was bastardize and plagarized, we believe in the original bible

a. define the "BIBLE"

b. where is the ancient/original bible? where did allah keep it?
Re: Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed. by Abuzola(m): 7:57pm On Oct 05, 2009
'Epistle of barnabas' is the real bible. A bible is a scripture of God
Re: Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed. by noetic15(m): 8:32pm On Oct 05, 2009
Abuzola:

'Epistle of barnabas' is the real bible. A bible is a scripture of God

did allah write it? when? who did he reveal it too?
Re: Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed. by Abuzola(m): 8:49pm On Oct 05, 2009
God does not write mr man, it was revealed to jesus and compiled by barnabas
Re: Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed. by noetic15(m): 8:56pm On Oct 05, 2009
Abuzola:

God does not write mr man, it was revealed to jesus and compiled by barnabas

grin grin grin grin allah is a fraud. how could allah's original bible be written at the time of Jesus? what happened to all the OT traditions?
Re: Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed. by Abuzola(m): 9:13pm On Oct 05, 2009
OT was for the jewish so young man stop confussing urself,
Re: Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed. by noetic15(m): 9:33pm On Oct 05, 2009
Abuzola:

OT was for the jewish so young man stop confussing urself,

but i tot allah is their God too. . . .or am I wrong? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed. by Abuzola(m): 9:52pm On Oct 05, 2009
Whats ur point. Yeah Allah is the God of the universe
Re: Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed. by noetic15(m): 9:56pm On Oct 05, 2009
Abuzola:

Whats your point. Yeah Allah is the God of the universe

so where is the original torah allah gave the jews? where is ur proof that allah made the universe? in how many days did allah make the universe?
Re: Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed. by IDINRETE: 10:55pm On Oct 05, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

noetic and abuzola na wah for you guys.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

We Have No Grudges Against Adeboye - Children Of Founder / Do You Believe That Ghost Do Exist? Read My Experience. / Brother Ubani Divine Revelation Of Hell....times Is Up.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.