Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,497 members, 7,819,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu (10585 Views)

Eyitayo Jegede Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu on Winning Ondo Polls (photo) / 7 APC Aspirants Step Down For Segun Abraham In Ondo / Ondo 2016: ‘Bola Tinubu Prefers Me But I Wasn’t Imposed’ – Segun Abraham (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by kayzat: 8:39pm On Sep 04, 2016
Segun Abraham, the frontline aspirant of the opposition All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ondo State, has accepted the results of Saturday's APC governorship primary election.

Mr. Abraham, in a congratulatory message issued on Sunday in Akure, conceded victory to Mr. Rotimi Akeredolu, who emerged as the governorship candidate of the opposition party in the State.

Mr. Abraham was the preferred ‘anointed candidate’ of the party’s national financer, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, for the race.

“I congratulate Rotimi Akeredolu, who emerged with 669 votes at the primary election of our great party, the APC, in Ondo State," Mr. Abraham said.

“My special regards and admiration for Alhaji Baderu Abubakar, the Governor of Jigawa State, and his team for their sterling quality and integrity in conducting the APC governorship primary in Ondo State.

“I also thank my teeming supporters for showing maximum solidarity throughout the campaign till now. I am not unaware of the pain you feel right now; with so much fervor, you all took our message of industrializing Ondo State to every nook and cranny. Thank you.

“I pray that our God will bring the much-needed prosperity we seek to Ondo State in earnest.

“I will not turn my back to my loving people of Ondo. I will continue to contribute my quota to the development of our State in any way God directs,” the message read.

Mr. Abraham also promised to remain loyal to the party and its ideals and principles.

Rotimi Akeredolu polled a total votes of 669 to defeat his closest rival Mr. Abraham, who secured 635 votes, placing him second in the contest.

Mr. Akeredolu, a former President of the Nigeria Bar Association (NBA), was the 2012 governorship candidate of the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in Ondo State that contested alongside the incumbent Governor Olusegun Mimiko.

A SaharaReporters news correspondent reported that twenty-four aspirants of the APC jostled for the ticket in the Saturday governorship primary election, which was keenly contested and transparent.

Some of the results of the election are: Olusola Oke – 576 votes, Ajayi Borrofice- 471 votes, Tayo Alasoadura- 206 votes, Bode Ayorinde- 67 votes, Jumoke- Ajasin Anifowose- 1 vote, Tunji Ariyomo- 2 votes, Tunji Abayomi- 5 votes, Afemi Mayowa- 13 votes, Adegbomire Adebiyi- 8 votes, Adekunle Adekunle- 8 votes, Ayo Akinyelure- 3 votes and Jamiu Afolabi, 44 votes, Ademola Adegoroye- 0 votes, Bukola Adetula -8 votes, Foluso Adefemi - 13 votes, Victor Olabimtan- 18 votes and Boye Oyewumi –7 votes.

Our correspondent gathered that a total of 2774 delegates were accredited to vote during the exercise which was strictly monitored by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

http://saharareporters.com/2016/09/04/ondo-apc-poll-segun-abraham-concedes-victory-congratulates-rotimi-akeredolu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by bluaero(m): 8:41pm On Sep 04, 2016
Jagaban accepts ass whooping grin

1 Like

Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by kayzat: 8:43pm On Sep 04, 2016
This is democracy at its finest.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by kayzat: 8:52pm On Sep 04, 2016
lalasticala . e don set

Password : roasted snake
Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by edunwosu(m): 9:13pm On Sep 04, 2016
The end of Jagaba is near. By the time Buhari cabals finish Tinubu..... He will resurrect ACN by force....

We are watching in 3D

4 Likes

Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by gebest: 9:37pm On Sep 04, 2016
he's got no choice
Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:42pm On Sep 04, 2016
Spirit of sportsmanship

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by colosa: 10:50pm On Sep 04, 2016
Were are all female delegates? Just one vote and they are shouting give woman a chance

5 Likes

Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by shukuokukobambl: 10:58pm On Sep 04, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Spirit of sportsmanship

Exactly!!

That's how it should be. The people now have a choice to make.

May the best candidate win grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 04, 2016
That's the right way to go

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by herzern(m): 7:59am On Sep 05, 2016
edunwosu:
The end of Jagaba is near. By the time Buhari cabals finish Tinubu..... He will resurrect ACN by force....
We are watching in 3D

13 Likes

Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by eleko1: 7:59am On Sep 05, 2016
sad cough embarassed Sneeze embarassed.Koburu oo.I
Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by veekid(m): 8:00am On Sep 05, 2016
Jonathan's legacy

1 Like

Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by hazyfm1: 8:00am On Sep 05, 2016
grin grin grin grin

I respect Tinubu a lot, his choice of leaders are impressive

They don't fall hands, I hope Rotimi performs
bluaero:
Jagaban accepts ass whooping grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by SayDeeJay: 8:00am On Sep 05, 2016
That is the spirit

1 Like

Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by siraj1402(m): 8:00am On Sep 05, 2016
Lobatan. Next is who will be D. Gov for both APC and PDP, trust me whom ever have Muslim as D. Gov win the election.
Quote me if you like.
Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by olutosfem(f): 8:00am On Sep 05, 2016
That's very good. Peace out grin
Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by ifanajs: 8:01am On Sep 05, 2016
When something happens in APC camp, don't fall for it abeg
Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by aninexzy(m): 8:01am On Sep 05, 2016
gebest:
he's got no choice
if e doesn't Accept defeat, wetin I'm. Wan accept again?
Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by begood2GEJ(m): 8:03am On Sep 05, 2016
Tinubucrazy is getting the knock here and there
Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by martineinstein(m): 8:03am On Sep 05, 2016
y wont he?when he and tinubu made everything free and fair so as to prove that he(segun) will win with full jagaban's backing and without rigging.only for the table to turn against him.

I watched him congratulating akeredolu y'day.he was really anguished and bittered.

Quote me anytime,anyday:the victory of rotimi mark the gradual fall of tinubu in s/west.....oyo and ogun will resist him in 2019

1 Like

Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by kayodekomo2015: 8:04am On Sep 05, 2016
I appreciate the spirit of sportsmanship displayed by this man.He should join hands to assist Mr Akeredolu in winning the election.Long live APC.Long live Chief Bola Tinubu.
Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by christofashion1(m): 8:10am On Sep 05, 2016
siraj1402:
Lobatan. Next is who will be D. Gov for both APC and PDP, trust me whom ever have Muslim as D. Gov win the election.
Quote me if you like.
Wu bi dis nau , rotimi sonud like Muslim name? Abi Eyitayo b Muslim name? Hm? Wot is wrong WT this one gan.... Religion bigot...mtchew AI china language

4 Likes

Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by ideology(m): 8:10am On Sep 05, 2016
am here to laugh grin grin grin grin
Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by coalcoal1(m): 8:12am On Sep 05, 2016
thanks for accepting
Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by DrDammie(m): 8:13am On Sep 05, 2016
all d best in d election... hope it ends like d previous one's
Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by DrDammie(m): 8:13am On Sep 05, 2016
all d best in d main election... hope it ends like d previous one
Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by Deen77: 8:13am On Sep 05, 2016
edunwosu:

We are watching in 3D

Maybe, but only God last for life.

1 Like

Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by siraj1402(m): 8:20am On Sep 05, 2016
christofashion1:
Wu bi dis nau , rotimi sonud like Muslim name? Abi Eyitayo b Muslim name? Hm? Wot is wrong WT this one gan.... Religion bigot...mtchew AI china language
You would have say you don't understand what I mean by D. Gov then I would have simply tell you it means Deputy Governor. Olodo
Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by shaddoww: 8:23am On Sep 05, 2016
I just have a feeling that the primary was all set up to favour Akeredolu all along.

1 Like

Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by bonechamberlain(m): 8:24am On Sep 05, 2016
I believe the selection of a close pmb ally baderu abubakar to conduct that election was to ensure there was no rigging or mal practice to favour someone's anointed candidate. Hmm
Re: Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu by eitsei(m): 8:32am On Sep 05, 2016
shaddoww:
I just have a feeling that the primary was all set up to favour Akeredolu all along.
that's what I thought because I don't trust Tinubu that much, just to save face that's his preferred candidate lost the primary election while his anointed candidate won.. But some don't see it this way.. Tinubu na game player

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Empowers 2200 Women In Kano With Entrepreneurial Skills (photos) / We Will Not Condone Cattle Rustling In Kogi – Yahaya Bello / Kano Governorship Election Tribunal Strikes Out Contempt Charge Against INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.