Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,686 members, 7,809,591 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Purefoto.com (new Website) - Event Photo Journal - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Purefoto.com (new Website) - Event Photo Journal (4018 Views)

Sorry Its Fixed ! Www.oyafollowme.com New Social Network By Nigerian / Http://.forumsarena.com - New Forum / Naijatech.com - New Tech Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Purefoto.com (new Website) - Event Photo Journal by netzymes(m): 1:44pm On Dec 16, 2006
Something to ease the pain at the start of the week - www.purefoto.com.

Regards

Tim
Re: Purefoto.com (new Website) - Event Photo Journal by my2cents(m): 2:20pm On Dec 16, 2006
netzymes,

All I would say is, for starters, to speed up the download of your home page (the most important page of your site), remove all photos from there and perhaps hv links. Then when the user clicks on the links, it takes them to the particular page with photos. Secondly, when on that page, rather than make the user click thru each individual image, hv a slideshow instead. Preferably, this slide show shd b in AJAX, so while the user is viewing, say, the first 3 images, AJAX is making a call for the next 3. At this point, if the user wants to view a particular image, they can then click on it and view a larger version in a popup.

For a more detailed site review, visit http://webmastersofafrica.com/webmasters-of-africa-site-review/?nav=sr for more details.

I hope this helps.
Re: Purefoto.com (new Website) - Event Photo Journal by netzymes(m): 8:33pm On Dec 16, 2006
Thanks, the comments were helpful,

On point one - cant really remove the pictures from the front page and replace them with links, because the is called purefoto. Testing wa done on using a dial up connection and user studies says the lead time is acceptable. But your point is a valid one - we just dont want to loose the main reason or the site.

On point 2 - a slide show is available and we are working on the labelling. It is currently a 'cheesey' image at the top centre (2 slide looking things - clicking on this will open up a slideshow) - it should do exactly as you have suggested . The label will be sorted in due course.

Thank you for this - we will work on the initail load time (maybe by reducing thumbnail sizes and the labels).

Regards
Tim

(1) (Reply)

Bulksms Portal That Accepts All Network Recharge Card / I'll write SEO 1000+ Words Articles @N1 Per Word - 24hrs Delivery / The Reason Why 2go Chat Failed In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.