Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,114 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

The Reason Why 2go Chat Failed In Nigeria - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Reason Why 2go Chat Failed In Nigeria (4023 Views)

I Failed Google Adsense Verification. Please What Do I Do Next? / How Many People Still Remember Their 2go Password (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Reason Why 2go Chat Failed In Nigeria by kabsedokenneth(m): 9:24am On Jun 30, 2017
What is the 2go chat?

Image result for 2go chat logo

2go chat is a chat native to Java phones and currently an application which runs on Android phones. In a Java phone, it can be understood to occupy around 565-600kb of space and consumes like 15-20mb in Android phone devices. Like the Facebook, WhatsApp and other social media chats, 2go is used by millions of Nigerians and the world as a chat medium to send and receive messages. Currently, it has no ranking in social media applications in Android phones and Java phones.

If I am to be correct, it was considerably 5 years back that the chat 2go was in existence. When I say in existence, I mean when it became highly known to everyone on social media including the underaged ones and secondary school students. The versatility of 2go made it seem like it would take over all other chats that were already in existence before it came in even the Badoo and Eskimo chats were overshadowed by the 2go chat when it was flourishing.

Consequently, there came a boom in the demand for what social medias could do and the different methods of conversations which are also supposed to be embedded in a social media application which at the moment was never found in the 2go chat. This went on for considerably a long period of time and the usage of the application started decreasing when looked on from the side of mature people who are also on social medias. Gradually did this happen and as time went on, the usage of 2go also started decreasing to the peers and students of secondary schools as they started realising the usefulness of a chat or a social media.

Whatsapp chat, on the other hand, was there when 2go was at its peak but it took a little notice as people never knew what they were looking for in chats. It wasn’t longer than we thought, the 2go chat came decreasing in usage as people who use the chat started calling it names like Childish stuff. As described by the majority of Nigerians, especially the Igbos, they would ascribe it in their local dialect as (2go bu ihe umu azi). During those days I couldn’t help but notice that I was also drifting away from the popular 2go chat and giving much of my time to WhatsApp and Facebook which looked very much alike.

Comprehensively, we knew that 2go chat failed for some certain reasons which we here @ kabsedo.com that it is not to the knowledge of everyone at large so as a result, we have decided to gradually pick the reasons why the 2go chat failed woefully for the first 4-5 years that it was in existence. Below we have done a comprehensive list of why the 2go chat failed and explained them also.

The distorted kind of username it offers

From the experience we had, we could understand that 2go chat gives out usernames like schola221, Nnamdi356, John654 and several other distorted usernames which sound unfamiliar to the ear and also when you’re being told someone’s username you might get to forget it easier than it is forgetting a Facebook username or a full name. The kind of username that 2go chat offers make it difficult to know exactly who is who and most times, when a number following a username is mistaken, you will add up and chat a totally strange person, unlike Facebook which gives names suggestions even when intended names are typed in wrongly.

Poor chat interface

The 2go chat has a lesser chat interface when compared with other social media chats like Facebook and WhatsApp which makes it less competitive than several other chats. The chat interface wasn’t as much sophisticated to keep its users tensed with the usage. Customer care they say is the real reason some businesses failed so the available users had to switch to more conforming ones.

No media access

This is the most grievous of the mistakes the owners of 2go chat made. This could be believed to be the real reason why Facebook lost many many users considering you cannot send or receive large files or upload a video to the audience. This feature made the 2go chat loose its meaning in the world of social media.

This day we see and understand that the only reason 80% of our world population of social media users come and stay online is to upload their pictures and wait for peoples reactions and not literally about the chat they are supposed to come for. 2go wasn’t able to offer that platform and we so believe that 2go made the greatest mistake when they never allowed the upload of the picture as other social medias did.

https://www.kabsedo.com/reason-2go-chat-failed-nigeria.html
Re: The Reason Why 2go Chat Failed In Nigeria by allstarcomic(m): 10:16am On Jun 30, 2017
HMMMMM,

GUYS, THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT SO FAR, AYAM SAW YOUR HANDIWORK ON MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL,
THANK YOU SO MUCH PEIPU. GOD BLESS YOU, AND IN CASE YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED MY COMEDY VIDEOS, THEY ARE RIGHT HERE ON YOUTUBE.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBRVcOaumrzqxJlo896YWHg

PLEASE LEMME NOTICED IF YOU SAW ANYTHING I NEEDING TO IMPROVE ON.
GOD BLESSED YOU.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Using *Dreamweaver* (webdesign) / Can I Move The Files On My Blogger To Wordpress / 4 Things To Keep You Motivated When Your Blog Is Failing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.