Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,224 members, 7,829,372 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

How Close Are You To Members Of Your Extended Family? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Close Are You To Members Of Your Extended Family? (1632 Views)

Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members / If You Are Born To Yoruba, You Born To Extended Family! / Boy Having A Huge Python As Friend, See How Close They Have Becom. (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Close Are You To Members Of Your Extended Family? by Rapmoney(m): 12:33am On Sep 05, 2016
I recently travelled to Owerri for an official matter. While in Owerri, I decided to stay in the house of an uncle of mine. Though, I wasn't too familiar with him but I managed to feel free in the house.

While watching movies in the evening, his daughters (my first cousins) came back and they were introduced to me as their elder brother (we bear same surname). I must say it was an awkward experience because we were just looking at ourselves surprisingly! We had never met before and we barely knew our names.

I feel as young people, we mostly don't care enough to know and relate with members of our extended family members, especially, the cousins, nieces, nephews, aunties and uncles.

Knowing your family members helps because the world is large, yet, small in another sense. You never can tell where you would meet a family member of yours; how can either of you be of assistance when you don't know yourselves? City life!!! One might, out of ignorance, have something 'unholy' with one's cousin, nephew or niece.

I've been trying to know and relate with family members as much as I can now.

So, how well do you know and relate with your family members?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Close Are You To Members Of Your Extended Family? by Nobody: 1:25am On Sep 05, 2016
Family is forced down your throat whether they are good or bad, Friends you can choose.

If my family cant offer me anything i dont bother building relationships, matter of fact, in the african family, the higher your accomplishments,the more "family members" leech off your resources.

Aint got time for family when i got friends.

2 Likes

Re: How Close Are You To Members Of Your Extended Family? by ahnie: 2:29am On Sep 05, 2016
My fathers brothers..forget it.they are mean specially the elder.he sold all my late fathers land(s) /badmouthed my father,did so many evil things to my late dad. fought my father till he(my dad) died few months back.
My father benevolence caused him his life.

Funny enuf,he wreck my father down from affluence to zero financially after all my father did for him.

So we don't go close to him/his kids.but my mums side of the family we are gettin to know ourselves berra.

1 Like

Re: How Close Are You To Members Of Your Extended Family? by Nobody: 5:08am On Sep 05, 2016
I don't want any close relationship with extended family.

1 Like

Re: How Close Are You To Members Of Your Extended Family? by greatgod2012(f): 6:42am On Sep 05, 2016
I only get close to the reasonable ones among them.

Sometimes, good friends are better and more useful than some extended family members.

3 Likes

Re: How Close Are You To Members Of Your Extended Family? by Rapmoney(m): 7:15am On Sep 05, 2016
ahnie:
My fathers brothers..forget it.they are mean specially the elder.he sold all my late fathers land(s) /badmouthed my father,did so many evil things to my late dad. fought my father till he(my dad) died few months back.
My father benevolence caused him his life.

Funny enuf,he wreck my father down from affluence to zero financially after all my father did for him.

So we don't go close to him/his kids.but my mums side of the family we are gettin to know ourselves berra.
Gush! Seems like what we used to see on Nollywood movies! wink
Re: How Close Are You To Members Of Your Extended Family? by Rapmoney(m): 7:17am On Sep 05, 2016
greatgod2012:
I only get close to the reasonable ones among them.

Sometimes, good friends are better and more useful than some extended family members.
Though, it's just that nobody know when you would meet any of them. If you are not familiar, how can you be of assistance?
Re: How Close Are You To Members Of Your Extended Family? by Fkforyou(m): 9:07am On Sep 05, 2016
I'm close to just a few, but even among the few there are some who don't give a fvck about me...so why you should I do the same.? undecided

1 Like

Re: How Close Are You To Members Of Your Extended Family? by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 05, 2016
Maternal extended family are just the best. Uncles, cousins and some aunties. Few aunties are very mean, they want just me, myself and my family. But their husbands won't hear that.

From my dad's side, forget it. I don't even know what they look like. They don't care so why should i?
Re: How Close Are You To Members Of Your Extended Family? by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 05, 2016
Haven't even met about 80% of them
Re: How Close Are You To Members Of Your Extended Family? by Rapmoney(m): 11:26am On Sep 05, 2016
Adaobi12:
Maternal extended family are just the best. Uncles, cousins and some aunties. Few aunties are very mean, they want just me, myself and my family. But their husbands won't hear that.

From my dad's side, forget it. I don't even know what they look like. They don't care so why should i?
True. I'm not close to family members from the paternal side.
Re: How Close Are You To Members Of Your Extended Family? by Rapmoney(m): 11:27am On Sep 05, 2016
1bkaye:
Haven't even met about 80% of them
Lol!!!
Re: How Close Are You To Members Of Your Extended Family? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 05, 2016

2 Likes

Re: How Close Are You To Members Of Your Extended Family? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 05, 2016
Dominiquez:
I don't want any close relationship with extended family.
Re: How Close Are You To Members Of Your Extended Family? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 05, 2016
When it comes to Africa or Nigeria, extended family is a no no angry
Re: How Close Are You To Members Of Your Extended Family? by Aiholi(m): 3:43pm On Sep 05, 2016
Rapmoney, if i tell u i dont kno 97% of my relatives u would find it funi..
Re: How Close Are You To Members Of Your Extended Family? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 05, 2016
this is a very informative topic i implore the mods to move it to frontpage
Re: How Close Are You To Members Of Your Extended Family? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 05, 2016
Most of them are evil. Its best everybody minds his/her business.
Re: How Close Are You To Members Of Your Extended Family? by Rapmoney(m): 6:10pm On Sep 05, 2016
Aiholi:
Rapmoney, if i tell u i dont kno 97% of my relatives u would find it funi..
It's common among young people in Nigeria; it's something I've observed.
Re: How Close Are You To Members Of Your Extended Family? by Nigga44: 9:39pm On Sep 05, 2016
I know ALL my extended family members even though i'm not very close to some of them.
Re: How Close Are You To Members Of Your Extended Family? by jashar(f): 9:12am On Sep 06, 2016
 cry cry undecided

We are so close that even if we are living on the same street,

I won't even know. embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Solar Integrated Street Light For Walkways, Petrol Stations, Hospitals, Schools. / Shocking!! 37yrs Old Married Woman Caught Masturbating With Pepper! / A Forever Lifetime Investment!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.