Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Advise On Buying A Second-hand Car Without Number - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advise On Buying A Second-hand Car Without Number (458 Views)

BMW Introduces Wireless Charging To Charge Your Car Without Cables / 8 Ways You're Ruining Your Car Without Realizing It / How To Sit In A Car Without Back Pain (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advise On Buying A Second-hand Car Without Number by AnotherZik: 6:19am On Sep 05, 2016
Hello Nairalanders,

I'm about buying a car from second hand user. He bought the car a little over a month ago as fairly used but is yet to register it. However, the sticker of the car dealer who sold the car to him is still on the number plate side.

People are saying I may not be able to register the car at VIO or Road Safety because they will suspect it's stolen since it must have been registered by the original user. That the car dealer should have left the number used by the original user or that the person about to sell should have registered it before selling. Please, what your advise is needed. The person about to sell for has all the papers including the Customs clearance.
Re: Advise On Buying A Second-hand Car Without Number by bravolad(m): 6:48am On Sep 05, 2016
AnotherZik:
Hello Nairalanders,

I'm about buying a car from second hand user. He bought the car a little over a month ago as fairly used but is yet to register it. However, the sticker of the car dealer who sold the car to him is still on the number plate side.

People are saying I may not be able to register the car at VIO or Road Safety because they will suspect it's stolen since it must have been registered by the original user. That the car dealer should have left the number used by the original user or that the person about to sell should have registered it before selling. Please, what your advise is needed. The person about to sell for has all the papers including the Customs clearance.

Ask for photocopies of the vehicle documents, take them to VIO/FRSC for verification. This will reveal if it's been registered & in whose name. You can also check with the police & obtain a report as a precautionary measure.

It is imerative you do this before paying for it.

(1) (Reply)

Verify That Car You Want To Buy Now @ Legitcar.ng / I Need Toyota Camry 99-2003manual Transmission / 10 Driving Tips To Keep You Safe During Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.