Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,642 members, 7,809,415 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Is Dangote Your Messiah - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Dangote Your Messiah (647 Views)

Why Is Dangote Cement More Expensive In Nigeria Than Other Countries / Fatima Dangote To Wed Jamil Abubakar (Photo) / Please Help!!! Is Dangote Giving Out Cash To Certain People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Dangote Your Messiah by Blue3k(m): 2:47pm On Sep 05, 2016
People here act like it. He's about to build biggest refinery in Africa. How much of our demand will he alone be able to meet? We have 170 million people and growing.

Next why does everyone ignore the regulatory capture he does. Then turn blind eye to special deal he gets from politicians. What about other refineries in country that might want deals. We have plenty of rich and talented entrepreneurs here. Why weren't they given license to build more refineries for past 20 yrs?
Re: Is Dangote Your Messiah by agbotemi64(m): 2:50pm On Sep 05, 2016
hmmmm...Tru talk but only ***ifa *** can answer that one ..
Re: Is Dangote Your Messiah by babyfaceafrica: 2:51pm On Sep 05, 2016
You should ask what dangote did that hee was given license?...note that dangote has always been in the good books of all federal governments...detribalized and plays smart politics...anyone who want a license should follow what dangote did?
Re: Is Dangote Your Messiah by Blue3k(m): 3:03pm On Sep 05, 2016
kiss
babyfaceafrica:
You should ask what dangote did that hee was given license?...note that dangote has always been in the good books of all federal governments...detribalized and plays smart politics...anyone who want a license should follow what dangote did?

I don't have his number but I'll try and research more. It seems he's just insider money talks when lobbying. I just want good policies for country that allow competition and our potential to be unrestricted. I'd like to start refinery seems like easy money since people are desprate.
Re: Is Dangote Your Messiah by CaraJewel(f): 11:17pm On Oct 20, 2016
lipsrsealed
Blue3k:
kiss

I don't have his number but I'll try and research more. It seems he's just insider money talks when lobbying. I just want good policies for country that allow competition and our potential to be unrestricted. I'd like to start refinery seems like easy money since people are desprate.
Goodluck with that lipsrsealed
Blue3k:
kiss

Goodluck with that
Re: Is Dangote Your Messiah by 989900D: 7:31am On Oct 21, 2016
Blue3k:
People here act like it. He's about to build biggest refinery in Africa. How much of our demand will he alone be able to meet? We have 170 million people and growing.

Next why does everyone ignore the regulatory capture he does. Then turn blind eye to special deal he gets from politicians. What about other refineries in country that might want deals. We have plenty of rich and talented entrepreneurs here. Why weren't they given license to build more refineries for past 20 yrs?

Fact of life:
Dangote will be the messiah of this country by 2019. Hate him (like I 'used' to), love him, love to hate him, take it or leave it -- it is the reality -- a fact of life.

Over 20 refinery licences have been issued since OBJ, what have they done with it aside using it as a leverage to get crude from NNPC? The rest were busy swimming in free oil subsidy funds for no job done, except one 1,000 bpd modular private refinery in Akwa Ibom. And you want us to criticize the one person who's taken the initiative along with fellow investors to build the largest single train refinery (650,000 BPD . . . enough to take care of our needs and export the remaining) in the world to our benefit? The one single project that will have immediate direct impact on this country's economy, creating thousands of jobs and ripple-job-opportunities, not to mention the fertilizer plant and power generation plat included in the project, that will ensure Lagos and environs will likely never experience power black out again. Suffient fuel supply, no more fuel scarcity, no more importation of refined petroleum products, a practically very stronger Naira.

Ordinary letting the NNPC refineries run in a PPP sorta arrangements, the legislature and the executive can't get that right for about a year now.

BTW, there are a few other refineries now coming up too (emulating the man) i.e. the 200,000 bpd refinery in Akwa Ibom, one at Ogun state, and Okolola free-zone will likely have a few too.

Dangote tomato processing factories and rice initiative which is spreading across the country, is set to provide thousands of jobs, help eliminate the country's $2b rice importation annual bill and largely help reduce the country's $22b dollar annual food importation bill.

He gets favors from the government? Yes. Is he the only one that does? No. What have others done, bar some few? If Dangote is not to be appreciated, are we to give kudos to those that practically rob this country of billions of dollars, only to go stash it in foreign countries weakening our currency, and leaving infrastructure and other needs in comatose.

Dangote is a blessing to Nigeria in particular, and Africa in general. He's got favours, and he is reciprocating in kind. Others steal and oppress us with their loot.

Re: Is Dangote Your Messiah by Blue3k(m): 8:52am On Oct 21, 2016
989900D:

Fact of life:
Dangote will be the messiah of this country by 2019. Hate him (like I 'used' to), love him, love to hate him, take it or leave it -- it is the reality -- a fact of life.

Over 20 refinery licences have been issued since OBJ, what have they done with it aside using it as a leverage to get crude from NNPC? The rest were busy swimming in free oil subsidy funds for no job done, except one 1,000 bpd modular private refinery in Akwa Ibom. And you want us to criticize the one person who's taken the initiative along with fellow investors to build the largest single train refinery (650,000 BPD . . . enough to take care of our needs and export the remaining) in the world to our benefit? The one single project that will have immediate direct impact on this country's economy, creating thousands of jobs and ripple-job-opportunities, not to mention the fertilizer plant and power generation plat included in the project, that will ensure Lagos and environs will likely never experience power black out again. Suffient fuel supply, no more fuel scarcity, no more importation of refined petroleum products, a practically very stronger Naira.

Ordinary letting the NNPC refineries run in a PPP sorta arrangements, the legislature and the executive can't get that right for about a year now.

BTW, there are a few other refineries now coming up too (emulating the man) i.e. the 200,000 bpd refinery in Akwa Ibom, one at Ogun state, and Okolola free-zone will likely have a few too.

Dangote tomato processing factories and rice initiative which is spreading across the country, is set to provide thousands of jobs, help eliminate the country's $2b rice importation annual bill and largely help reduce the country's $22b dollar annual food importation bill.

He gets favors from the government? Yes. Is he the only one that does? No. What have others done, bar some few? If Dangote is not to be appreciated, are we to give kudos to those that practically rob this country of billions of dollars, only to go stash it in foreign countries weakening our currency, and leaving infrastructure and other needs in comatose.

Dangote is a blessing to Nigeria in particular, and Africa in general. He's got favours, and he is reciprocating in kind. Others steal and oppress us with their loot.

The government grants licenses and many people probably wanted to. Besides many countries operate without needing to be overtly bias towards individuals or groups to get stuff done. 20 licences only is a big number?

I'm just saying you can allow other to have chance to do so it's false dichotomy to say if you criticize federal favoritism you hate progress.

Instead of addressing policies that makes Nigeria unattractive to invest in. They run and give certain interest forex money to subsidized his risk and privatizes Profits. The others they let run away like airlines and other industries to point investment takes hit in country.

(1) (Reply)

Founded To Defraud: Money Doubler Gtb Veers Into Ponzi Scheme To Defraud Nigeria / 5 Clever Ways To Avoid ATM Charges / Candle Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.