Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,850 members, 7,817,517 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Out (2306 Views)

Jonathan Speaks On Maina’s Return / "PDP Will Reclaim Power In 2019" - Jonathan Speaks At PDP Convention / Aisha Buhari's Alleged Impostor Speaks Out, "Politicians Are Soiling My Name" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Out by caprock(m): 7:51pm On Sep 05, 2016
I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Emeritus Goodluck Jonathan-
Former President, Goodluck Jonathan has replied his critics who accused him of handing over a nation at the verge of collapse to his successor, President Muhammadu Buhari.
Jonathan recounted the achievements of his government to include, handing over a country that produced the richest man in Africa.
Jonathan said, “I took over a Nigeria that was the second largest economy in Africa with a GDP of $270.5 billion in 2009, I handed over a Nigeria that had grown to become the largest economy in Africa and the 24th largest economy in the World with a GDP of $574 billion.
“I inherited a Nigeria in which the trains were not working, and handed over a Nigeria in which citizens can safely travel by trains again.
I inherited a Nigeria that was a net importer of cement, and handed over a Nigeria that is a net exporter of cement.
In 2009 the richest Nigerian was the 5th richest man in Africa, but I handed over a Nigeria that produced the richest man in Africa.
”The former President stated that democracy will continue to grow in the African continent if leaders value the process of elections more than the product of the process.
He said, “Even in the 2015 general elections in my country, Nigeria, there was potential for major crisis if I was not a President duly elected by the will of the people.
“The campaigns leading to the elections almost polarized the country into Christian vs Muslims and North vs South divide.
Most World leaders were worried that our elections will result into major crisis.
Some pundits even from here in the United States said that those elections would spell the end of Nigeria and that we would cease to exist as a nation because of the polls.
That is where the leadership question comes into play.
As a leader that was duly elected by the people, I considered the people’s interest first.
How do I manage my people to avoid killings and destruction of properties?
With the interest of the people propelling all the decisions I took, we were able to sail through.
Indeed, we sail through because I refused to interfere with the independence of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, having appointed a man I had never met in my life to run it.
My philosophy was simple. For elections to be credible, I as a leader, must value the process more than the product of the process. And the citizens must have confidence in the electoral body.

.-----------
Pls circulate it for them to know.

5 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Out by Baawaa(m): 8:02pm On Sep 05, 2016
Jonathan, you are too weak for my likeness

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Out by WillOfAPrince(m): 8:18pm On Sep 05, 2016
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Out by Timblaze(m): 8:32pm On Sep 05, 2016
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Out by eleojo23: 8:33pm On Sep 05, 2016
Nevertheless, they will still put the blame on you.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Out by Dreal11247: 8:36pm On Sep 05, 2016
We have heard
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Out by Phylemon: 8:51pm On Sep 05, 2016
If you live in Uyo Akwa Ibom State and U need a home tutor, do contact me on 08085188110. Thank you. U 're welcome

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Out by waice6571: 8:56pm On Sep 05, 2016
Goodluck Jonathan may not be a perfect man in all the ways to all the people at all the time. But a leader devoid of his type of simplicity will always put his people in an untold hardship.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Out by andyboi4real(m): 8:57pm On Sep 05, 2016
Words Of A Great Leader.Buhari Should Pls Seek Advice From The Greatest African Leader Of Our Time!!!

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Out by kamalcole3000: 9:16pm On Sep 05, 2016
andyboi4real:
Words Of A Great Leader.Buhari Should Pls Seek Advice From The Greatest African Leader Of Our Time!!!

The greatest African Leader of LOOTERS of our time.

ALL HAIL
GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN the Clueless,shoeless son of a canoe maker maker who accidentally/incidentally became the Commander in thief and supervised the biggest lootocracy in the history of Nigeria.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Out by Adagba01: 9:17pm On Sep 05, 2016
If Jonathan cannot tell us how much DOLLARS in our forex reserve he handed over; the state of our refineries before he left; the debt he left behind, he should keep QUIET forever.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Out by kamalcole3000: 9:17pm On Sep 05, 2016
andyboi4real:

ALL HAIL
GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN the Clueless,shoeless son of a canoe maker who accidentally/incidentally became the Commander in thief and supervised the biggest lootocracy in the history of Nigeria.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Out by mykemiley(f): 10:26pm On Sep 05, 2016
Adagba01:
If Jonathan cannot tell us how much DOLLARS in our forex reserve he handed over; the state of our refineries before he left; the debt he left behind, he should keep QUIET forever.
Even if ein tell u, u no go still blv, so leave matter....
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Out by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 05, 2016
kamalcole3000:

ALL HAIL
GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN the Clueless,shoeless son of a canoe maker maker who accidentally/incidentally became the Commander in thief and supervised the biggest lootocracy in the history of Nigeria.

ARE YOU NOT ASHAMED OF BUHARI? A FAILURE JUST LIKE YOU.

I HAVE NO DOUBT THAT YOU REASON THROUGH YOUR ANUS.

A BAG OF RICE WAS 7000 NAIRA UNDER GEJ PDP AND THE SAME BAG OF RICE UNDER THIS EVIL BUHARI APC IS 24000 NAIRA.

ARE YOU A FOOL OR JUST A FOOL?

I WOULD HAVE GIVEN YOU A PERFECT GIFT IF YOU WERE TO BE CLOSE.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Out by Emmaoga: 11:48pm On Sep 05, 2016
Baawaa:
shatap, he is not weak.
his love for human life saved us all because power hungry buhari but certificateless would have staged a war and you may have been d first person to die.

you deserve nothing but a hungry man hot slap on your face three good times
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Out by kamalcole3000: 5:01am On Sep 06, 2016
masterpower:

ARE YOU NOT ASHAMED OF BUHARI? A FAILURE JUST LIKE YOU.

I HAVE NO DOUBT THAT YOU REASON THROUGH YOUR ANUS.

A BAG OF RICE WAS 7000 NAIRA UNDER GEJ PDP AND THE SAME BAG OF RICE UNDER THIS EVIL BUHARI APC IS 24000 NAIRA.

ARE YOU A FOOL OR JUST A FOOL?

I WOULD HAVE GIVEN YOU A PERFECT GIFT IF YOU WERE TO BE CLOSE.

I have been through your posts and seen how unintelligent you are but take this:

Is Buhari failing? Yes he is.
Did Jonathan fail? yes he did.

You must know, like cancer,the foundation of today's problem was not laid today.

If you need a little enlightenment on governance,Economics or world politics,I'll be more than willing to school you a little.

Only an illiterate will resort to insult and abuse in the face of superior argument.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Out by plenitude(m): 6:48am On Sep 06, 2016
kamalcole3000:

I have been through your posts and seen how unintelligent you are but take this:

You must know, like cancer,the foundation of today's problem was not laid today.

If you need a little enlightenment on governance,Economics or world politics,I'll be more than willing to school you a little.

Only an illiterate will resort to insult and abuse in the face of superior argument.

I would like to ask a question, no insult please, we all know that Gej was not performing well to the expectations of Nigerians .....then Buhari came up with a master plan called "CHANGE" meaning he will do better things to us than Gej .. but now reverse is the case, who should we hold responsible ? is it the man we voted out for not doing well or the man who promised better living and end up giving us satisfying hardship? sad
kamalcole3000:

I would like to ask a question, no insult please, we all know that Gej was not performing well to the expectations of Nigerians .....then Buhari came up with a master plan called "CHANGE" meaning he will do better things to us than Gej .. but now reverse is the case, who should we hold responsible ? is it the man we voted out for not doing well or the man who promised better living and end up giving us satisfying hardship?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Out by Vincent41(m): 9:23am On Sep 06, 2016
Baawaa:

come 2019 and after,they will still blame him.......
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Out by kamalcole3000: 10:13am On Sep 06, 2016
plenitude:
I would like to ask a question, no insult please, we all know that Gej was not performing well to the expectations of Nigerians .....then Buhari came up with a master plan called "CHANGE" meaning he will do better things to us than Gej .. but now reverse is the case, who should we hold responsible ? is it the man we voted out for not doing well or the man who promised better living and end up giving us satisfying hardship? sad I would like to ask a question, no insult please, we all know that Gej was not performing well to the expectations of Nigerians .....then Buhari came up with a master plan called "CHANGE" meaning he will do better things to us than Gej .. but now reverse is the case, who should we hold responsible ? is it the man we voted out for not doing well or the man who promised better living and end up giving us satisfying hardship?

1.the indicators were always there that Nigeria was going broke under Jonathan.

a.the speed at which the foreign reserve was being depleted.

b.As at July 2014,the government was borrowing to pay salary and don't forget this salary non payment started in 2014

c.sometimes in 2014,the minister of finance Ngozi iweala warned Nigerian to tighten their belt for an economic recession if oil goes down below a certain amount.

d.even the brazen and crude way Jonathan was collecting money directly from the central baenk when he went on a national Sharing parade.

these and more were indicators we were heading for a recession

Buharis problem was inheriting a bad economy and not knowing how to manage it properly with due to many reasons
1.religious and tribal sentiment
2.running family and friends government
3.policy sommersault
4.witch hunting Instead of fighting corruption
5.inability to appoint advisers based on competence etc.

Now Buhari did not create the problem.the problem is as a result of power play between Oil producing gulf countries and America,so all oil product dependent countries are facing similar problem from Russia to Venezuela.

Now as for Buhari giving Nigerians suffer.
Please note that Nigeria would have still hit recession under Jonathan.his saving grace is Buhari

the only reason why people voted Buhari was the belief that Corruption was and still the biggest problem in this country and with a Buhari as leader,if he can help Nigeria to bring corruption to a reasonably low level,Nigeria will attain it's rightful place in the committee of nations.

and that permutation is turning out to be an error of judgement.

Who should you hold responsible
both of them

good morning .

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Boycott: Police IG Drops Another Bombshell, Warns IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu / Arewa Youths Threatens Osibanjo - Vows To Shut Down Govt Over Nnamdi Kanu. / See Photos: Asaba Indegines Remember 1967 Asaba Massacre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.