Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,006 members, 7,821,526 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace (56999 Views)

"I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo / Ooni Of Ife Arrives Onitsha For The Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival- PICTURES / 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 06, 2016
mkoabiola:
Ooni of life palace is more beautiful than ds palace

Is this a competition??
Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by Emeka71(m): 2:49pm On Sep 06, 2016
seguno2:

Royal fathers get a statutory salary from government.
Go and find out to be better informed.
The Obi of Idumuje-unor have not gotten any salary for sometime now.
Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by nicoleblunt: 3:36pm On Sep 06, 2016
last week it was Kenya, now ooni abi Na uuni. the name be like Hausa selling honey in the east (uni)!
Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by ShootToKill: 5:18pm On Sep 06, 2016
Aresa really suffer for this thread. Why una wicked like this?

Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by Jay1988: 5:58pm On Sep 06, 2016
post=49106398:
Obi of Onitsha palace

Waste of money.. It is not a tourist attraction but a family property. The money used to build this should have bought story books for kids to learn and understand mates,science and arts
Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:49pm On Sep 06, 2016
Jay1988:

Waste of money.. It is not a tourist attraction but a family property. The money used to build this should have bought story books for kids to learn and understand mates,science and arts
This is Onitsha king palace from generation to generation not Igwe Nnemeka's residential building, I don't how Onitsha Kids complain to you that they lack story books

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by Jay1988: 6:55pm On Sep 06, 2016
post=49130814:

This is Onitsha king palace from generation to generation not Igwe Nnemeka's residential building, I don't how Onitsha Kids complain to you that they lack story books

They don't have to complain before you know a lot of Igbo children want to open shop and sell product.. Another man product..
Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by Decibel: 9:43pm On Sep 06, 2016
post=49107083:

Don't mind the E-GOAT
If he want to measure dick we have another great kingdom in Anambra, Ogbunike

Ogunike Palace
Is that Eze Umenyiora? He really aging.
Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by Decibel: 9:47pm On Sep 06, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

This is the most beautiful Queen in Nigeria the Ooni is working with... grin

Is that not the Tokunbo wife?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by Decibel: 10:02pm On Sep 06, 2016
Mikylopez:
my home town av been der once 2005
Kedu ife na-achu gi oso n'Ogbunike?
Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by Decibel: 10:05pm On Sep 06, 2016
Doug07034780891:
Hopeless frustrated jobless old man get lost from here. Imagine a hopeless pauper talking about house when he is actually living with his poor old mother in one tiny dirty room at the suburb of Portharcourt.

[s][/s]

Chino I ga-egbu mmadu o o

3 Likes

Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by Mikylopez(f): 10:46pm On Sep 06, 2016
Decibel:

Kedu ife na-achu gi oso n'Ogbunike?
nothing really went for holiday December with my siblings to c grandma returned January only for us to get a call grandma is dead after her burial heard der was a fyt in ogbunike our house got burnt n my moms uncle got killed d rest became history... buh can't wait to go back tho wanna c masquerade.... biafralsheer
Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by omonighoblessing(f): 12:52am On Sep 07, 2016
mkoabiola:
Ooni of life palace is more beautiful than ds palace
oh ok not ife....
Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:25am On Sep 07, 2016
Mikylopez:
nothing really went for holiday December with my siblings to c grandma returned January only for us to get a call grandma is dead after her burial heard der was a fyt in ogbunike our house got burnt n my moms uncle got killed d rest became history... buh can't wait to go back tho wanna c masquerade.... biafralsheer
Sorry for your experience and lost, Gov Obiano is really doing create work in your town, he's constructing major roads in Ogunike, he has constructed St Moniker road, Building material road down to Ogunike, now he is constructing 7th miles road Ogidi down to Osile Ogbunike, What part of Ogunike are you from?
Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by OMAR12: 9:45am On Sep 07, 2016
Jay1988:

close ur mouth, yo speaking like a saint.knowing deep down u will do even worst if giving the chance. it a royal palace that the way it suppose to look a first class king for that matter. it not too little and not too much. if it were to be that of the European rain of praises will emanate from ur tongue.biko swerve
Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by kwyllancy: 9:45am On Sep 07, 2016
post=49106398:
Obi of Onitsha palace

Sorry, op but I want to know if it is d same palace @ Okosi Rd Onicha. I used to be "ONYE OGBE" wink back then @ St. Stephen Rd Onitsha
Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by OMAR12: 9:51am On Sep 07, 2016
Jay1988:

They don't have to complain before you know a lot of Igbo children want to open shop and sell product.. Another man product..
how is that ur business nah. how is that a bad thing biko, dangote started from somewhere all the big business men once had a SHOP and sold produces, just as the igwe of Onitsha went to school and he is where he is today, he patronized those shops during his school days up till today, just as ur are doing. close ur mouth if u don't have anything to say.
Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by OMAR12: 10:01am On Sep 07, 2016
seguno2:

If they are indeed educated, why have they not applied their acquired knowledge to identify, modernise, conserve and integrate the finer elements of their culture into their buildings and lifestyle today?
Of what value is your education if it doesn't benefit your society?
tell that to ur monarch in the south west as well, they make do with what on ground, no one make block of brick whose main composition is the red mud, the houses of old where made with red mud with rafia palms as roofing material, are u trying to tell me rafia palm can be mordernize and made to last as that of aluminum roofing sheet. the palace of some of those top European countries and in African as well evolved with time.
Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by OMAR12: 10:14am On Sep 07, 2016
mathow55:
at times when I see the way people defend or abuse some persons that does not care if they exist, it shows that we still have a long way to go in this country, some of you will come here and share pictures about your cities, artist, etc and the important part of your life you neglect, you call some places Brown roof, I doubt it if some of you have visited south western state's b4, you judge base on the few pictures you are online . my Grand father was very wealthy b4 he died about 40years ago, and before then he built a story building with Brown roof, with other houses around, my dad have several houses today , I can't even remember the last time he went to his home town, those Brown roofs you are seeing there are sign of progress, that are grand parents are wiser than yours, because they were able to put those structures in place.

So just shut the Bleep up, and stop all this your illogical reasoning
Mr.man tackle the fault and leave the aggrieved alone. this thread was going on well until one of ur own sued for blood.am Igbo and am proud of whatever positivity comes out from my tribe listen and qoute me am FUCKING PROUD, if anyone tries to talk down those positivity, will have to deal with me and the rest of my proud Igbo kinsmen.
Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by OMAR12: 10:19am On Sep 07, 2016
mathow55:
why are you like this self? stop sharing pictures when you need to making plans for your future.
you dont get it?
I am tired of seeing some youths acting as if they are still in primitive age.
if you like defend oni or obi, those ppl does not know you, and they don't care about whatsoever you think about them

if only you can channel your energy to the right things, the way you are doing with this, your life we be better than how it is today

many of our youths are unemployed instead of them using the social media as a means of sourcing out opportunities for themselves. post useless things that won't benefit their life

misplaced priorities
Mr man, 5minute of posting pix once in 3 month doesn't stops u from being determined. and who are u to judge, do u know if they are comfortable.the obi of Onitsha is a role model to many.
Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by seguno2: 10:34am On Sep 07, 2016
OMAR12:
tell that to ur monarch in the south west as well, they make do with what on ground, no one make block of brick whose main composition is the red mud, the houses of old where made with red mud with rafia palms as roofing material, are u trying to tell me rafia palm can be mordernize and made to last as that of aluminum roofing sheet. the palace of some of those top European countries and in African as well evolved with time.

Do you understand the meaning of this:?

to identify, modernise, conserve and integrate the finer elements of their culture into their buildings

Read again please.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by OMAR12: 1:39pm On Sep 07, 2016
seguno2 post =49147500:

Do you understand the meaning of this:?

Read again please.
Thanks.
U should also take note of the fact that I stated glaringly in my comment about those element use in erecting those structure in the days of old. main components mud and rafia palm like material. modern housing in Nigeria consist of block and not mud brick u can't because of the king wants to erect a new palace then u change status quo.when it comes to interior what u find in the days of old can be found within the chambers of the eze/ obi.
Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by seguno2: 3:51pm On Sep 07, 2016
OMAR12:
U should also take note of the fact that I stated glaringly in my comment about those element use in erecting those structure in the days of old. main components mud and rafia palm like material. modern housing in Nigeria consist of block and not mud brick u can't because of the king wants to erect a new palace then u change status quo.when it comes to interior what u find in the days of old can be found within the chambers of the eze/ obi.

I am not talking about physical elements sir.
I am talking about DESIGN elements.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by OMAR12: 6:13pm On Sep 07, 2016
seguno2:

I am not talking about physical elements sir. I am talking about DESIGN elements. Thanks.
u mean the building design??
Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by OMAR12: 6:14pm On Sep 07, 2016
seguno2:

I am not talking about physical elements sir. I am talking about DESIGN elements. Thanks.
u mean the building design??
Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by Mikylopez(f): 10:16pm On Sep 07, 2016
post=49142119:

Sorry for your experience and lost, Gov Obiano is really doing create work in your town, he's constructing major roads in Ogunike, he has constructed St Moniker road, Building material road down to Ogunike, now he is constructing 7th miles road Ogidi down to Osile Ogbunike, What part of Ogunike are you from?
osile oyi local govt...av also heard my dad talk about miri nkisi abi nkesi
Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:07am On Sep 08, 2016
Mikylopez:

osile oyi local govt...av also heard my dad talk about miri nkisi abi nkesi
Ok I know Osile, gov Obiano wife is from your area I guess? I'm not from Ogunike, my is Awka etiti, although my mum's town Ogidi share common boundary with Ogbunike and my work takes me round Anambra towns and I have read a lots about our great state, try and be coming home, it's not most you will stay in villa when you come, you can stay in Awka or Onitsha then visit your town when you are through you go back to city, that's how I visit my, ever since I came back from Lag.
Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by Mikylopez(f): 8:33am On Sep 08, 2016
post=49169520:

Ok I know Osile, gov Obiano wife is from your area I guess? I'm not from Ogunike, my is Awka etiti, although my mum's town Ogidi share common boundary with Ogbunike and my work takes me round Anambra towns and I have read a lots about our great state, try and be coming home, it's not most you will stay in villa when you come, you can stay in Awka or Onitsha then visit your town when you are through you go back to city, that's how I visit my, ever since I came back from Lag.
aii I will tnx tho

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:49pm On Sep 16, 2016
SnowJay92:

Is this a competition??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Are The Yoruba In Benin Republic? / Town Where Death Awaits Albinos / 10 First-class Nigerian Kings Die In 6 Months {FULL LIST}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.