Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,070 members, 7,956,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:58 AM

Samsung Is So Far Gone!!! Can Apple Catch Up?? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Is So Far Gone!!! Can Apple Catch Up?? (6020 Views)

Getting A Samsung Is Outdated; Tecno Is Bae / Tecno Spark K7: Your Experience So Far And Rating / This Latest Phone From Samsung Is 3times The Price Of Iphone 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Is So Far Gone!!! Can Apple Catch Up?? by slinkman(m): 6:31pm On Sep 06, 2016
Ww Xx
Re: Samsung Is So Far Gone!!! Can Apple Catch Up?? by slinkman(m): 6:32pm On Sep 06, 2016
Yy Zz
Re: Samsung Is So Far Gone!!! Can Apple Catch Up?? by slinkman(m): 6:33pm On Sep 06, 2016
One letters now

Aa
Re: Samsung Is So Far Gone!!! Can Apple Catch Up?? by slinkman(m): 6:34pm On Sep 06, 2016
Bb
Re: Samsung Is So Far Gone!!! Can Apple Catch Up?? by slinkman(m): 6:34pm On Sep 06, 2016
Cc
Re: Samsung Is So Far Gone!!! Can Apple Catch Up?? by slinkman(m): 6:35pm On Sep 06, 2016
Dd
Re: Samsung Is So Far Gone!!! Can Apple Catch Up?? by slinkman(m): 6:36pm On Sep 06, 2016
Ee
Re: Samsung Is So Far Gone!!! Can Apple Catch Up?? by Dam5reey(m): 7:47pm On Sep 06, 2016
bimbor:
Apart from somehowppenis, all the other people writing all this alphabets are Tecno users grin

Truth be told,
Na Tecno people use most in Nigeria as we speak...

Even Greenhulk bought one already..him buy hot S
grin lol

1 Like

Re: Samsung Is So Far Gone!!! Can Apple Catch Up?? by Olarewajub: 7:53pm On Sep 06, 2016
Ff
Re: Samsung Is So Far Gone!!! Can Apple Catch Up?? by bimbor(m): 8:13pm On Sep 06, 2016
Dam5reey:

Truth be told,
Na Tecno people use most in Nigeria as we speak...

Even Greenhulk bought one already..him buy hot S
grin lol

Greenhulk don dey find person wey go buy the phone na grin
Re: Samsung Is So Far Gone!!! Can Apple Catch Up?? by slinkman(m): 9:22pm On Sep 06, 2016

1 Like

Re: Samsung Is So Far Gone!!! Can Apple Catch Up?? by slinkman(m): 9:23pm On Sep 06, 2016
Hh
Re: Samsung Is So Far Gone!!! Can Apple Catch Up?? by slinkman(m): 9:23pm On Sep 06, 2016
Ii
Re: Samsung Is So Far Gone!!! Can Apple Catch Up?? by bedford101(m): 9:37pm On Sep 06, 2016
bimbor:

Point of correction, Samsung do not release their flagship every month. They release their S series Flagship annually. And that's the one am comparing with Apple not the mid range Samsung phones.
so tell me how far is Samsung from apple..is it design, technological advancement? Or what?
Apple is full of
#innovative ideas both software and otherwise
#Unique concepts
#speed
Name it....
#iphonetillbrosJshow

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Is So Far Gone!!! Can Apple Catch Up?? by bimbor(m): 3:34am On Sep 07, 2016
bedford101:
so tell me how far is Samsung from apple..is it design, technological advancement? Or what?
Apple is full of
#innovative ideas both software and otherwise
#Unique concepts
#speed
Name it....
#iphonetillbrosJshow

Samsung already did IPx8 Certification on their mobile devices since 2014 but Apple does not even have the technology yet even in 2016!!! Yet you are there talking of technological advancement. Why won't you you give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar. Give Samsung the praise for what it's worth. They are ahead of Apple in so many ways. Even if Apple put ingress protection on their phones today it will not freak anyone again because their big brother Samsung have been doing that since 2014 and beyond.

Which Apple phone can stand beside S7 edge? Or what are you even saying sef? You are carried away with beauty forgetting the most important thing which is technology and build. Samsung phones are built to last. Apple are just extortionists. Year in year out they continue to extort their customers with no remorse and continue to release garbage products for them. They stuck to 8MP camera for so many years, and you and I know they will still use this same 12MP camera for another seven years before upgrading. Just admit it they are short of ideas jare. Samsung will confidently release 10 different brands in a year with quality, and still match up Apple with very solid flagships that end up dwarfing their so called revolutionary phone. What have Apple got to show? The same redundant phone every year. Boring!!

Apple are cheating their customers and it's unfair. They sell cheap builds for thousands of dollars. It is just unfair. Their devices are overpriced. Samsung have the technology to back up their pricing, what have Apple got to show for their over-the-roof pricing. High time the American government called them to order and place a price limit on their cheap hardware. The S7 edge is a proof that Samsung is beyond Apple in technology. Apple will always copy them but don't worry copying is allowed as long as you agree that we introduced the trend first. Samsung introduced 5 inchers and poor Apple had no choice than to upgrade their nonsense 3.5 inch to 4.7 inch. Very soon they will start using AMOLED Display, a technology that has been in Samsung ever since the first Galaxy S. Very soon they will start pushing for curved screen just because Samsung is doing it. Very soon they will start using Gorilla glass. Lol. But their customers are still not satisfied. They are complaining bitterly on all forums over the Internet!!!!! They want more for their money. Millions of unhappy customers have dumped them and made the wise switch to Samsung. People want more from their phones. Even very soon when Apple realized their fan base would have shrinked, they will again adopt all glass chassis, but trust me it will be too late because they would have lost already.

Are you not afraid of Samsung with the way they keep designing their flagships? Give credit to them Abeg. Apple is living under the shadow of late Steve Jobs. If Jobs were to be alive he would have introduced better products but since he's not there there is nothing they can do. I'm waiting for Apple's reply to Samsung Gear VR. SAMSUNG FIRST AND OTHERS FOLLOW!

5 Likes

Re: Samsung Is So Far Gone!!! Can Apple Catch Up?? by bimbor(m): 11:24am On Sep 07, 2016
In about 6 hours time Apple will launch their trashy iPPhone 7 that leaves nothing to doubts, a phone with mediocre features that is so 2014!! Yet they will charge over the roof for it as usual. Very sad that some people will do anything to buy this junk when it is released. A phone released with features that are now irrelevant to today's technology. What's new? They will take away headphone jack.....Ooh please!!! Redundancy oozing at every corner. Shabby display, poor camera, cheap build, too small screen. It's so ridiculous that a whole Apple do not know how to reduce bezels on their 5.5 inch phone. Why can't they just swallow their pride and ask their big brother Samsung for help? You carry a 5.5 inch phone and it will be as if you are carrying a tablet? Too bad.

#Samsung4eva!
Re: Samsung Is So Far Gone!!! Can Apple Catch Up?? by oracle009(m): 11:52am On Sep 07, 2016
αβγ
Re: Samsung Is So Far Gone!!! Can Apple Catch Up?? by Kaybaba5(m): 3:57pm On Sep 07, 2016
bimbor:
In about 6 hours time Apple will launch their trashy iPPhone 7 that leaves nothing to doubts, a phone with mediocre features that is so 2014!! Yet they will charge over the roof for it as usual. Very sad that some people will do anything to buy this junk when it is released. A phone released with features that are now irrelevant to today's technology. What's new? They will take away headphone jack.....Ooh please!!! Redundancy oozing at every corner. Shabby display, poor camera, cheap build, too small screen. It's so ridiculous that a whole Apple do not know how to reduce bezels on their 5.5 inch phone. Why can't they just swallow their pride and ask their big brother Samsung for help? You carry a 5.5 inch phone and it will be as if you are carrying a tablet? Too bad.
#Samsung4eva!

Either shabby or trashy . no be your money
Re: Samsung Is So Far Gone!!! Can Apple Catch Up?? by rose54321: 2:30am On Sep 08, 2016
Apple have their market, I know so many people in the US that use only iphones, they upgrade with every release.
Also most developing countries see apple products as for the "rich" so they patronize it.
Regardless Samsung i heard is the number 1 phone manufacturer worldwide in terms of sales, so both companies will continue to hold position 1 and 2 respectively.
Re: Samsung Is So Far Gone!!! Can Apple Catch Up?? by tafat: 9:39am On Sep 08, 2016
Which S7 are you talking about? The one exploding?
Re: Samsung Is So Far Gone!!! Can Apple Catch Up?? by donhils: 6:24pm On Sep 08, 2016
bimbor:

Samsung already did IPx8 Certification on their mobile devices since 2014 but Apple does not even have the technology yet even in 2016!!! Yet you are there talking of technological advancement. Why won't you you give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar. Give Samsung the praise for what it's worth. They are ahead of Apple in so many ways. Even if Apple put ingress protection on their phones today it will not freak anyone again because their big brother Samsung have been doing that since 2014 and beyond.

Which Apple phone can stand beside S7 edge? Or what are you even saying sef? You are carried away with beauty forgetting the most important thing which is technology and build. Samsung phones are built to last. Apple are just extortionists. Year in year out they continue to extort their customers with no remorse and continue to release garbage products for them. They stuck to 8MP camera for so many years, and you and I know they will still use this same 12MP camera for another seven years before upgrading. Just admit it they are short of ideas jare. Samsung will confidently release 10 different brands in a year with quality, and still match up Apple with very solid flagships that end up dwarfing their so called revolutionary phone. What have Apple got to show? The same redundant phone every year. Boring!!

Apple are cheating their customers and it's unfair. They sell cheap builds for thousands of dollars. It is just unfair. Their devices are overpriced. Samsung have the technology to back up their pricing, what have Apple got to show for their over-the-roof pricing. High time the American government called them to order and place a price limit on their cheap hardware. The S7 edge is a proof that Samsung is beyond Apple in technology. Apple will always copy them but don't worry copying is allowed as long as you agree that we introduced the trend first. Samsung introduced 5 inchers and poor Apple had no choice than to upgrade their nonsense 3.5 inch to 4.7 inch. Very soon they will start using AMOLED Display, a technology that has been in Samsung ever since the first Galaxy S. Very soon they will start pushing for curved screen just because Samsung is doing it. Very soon they will start using Gorilla glass. Lol. But their customers are still not satisfied. They are complaining bitterly on all forums over the Internet!!!!! They want more for their money. Millions of unhappy customers have dumped them and made the wise switch to Samsung. People want more from their phones. Even very soon when Apple realized their fan base would have shrinked, they will again adopt all glass chassis, but trust me it will be too late because they would have lost already.

Are you not afraid of Samsung with the way they keep designing their flagships? Give credit to them Abeg. Apple is living under the shadow of late Steve Jobs. If Jobs were to be alive he would have introduced better products but since he's not there there is nothing they can do. I'm waiting for Apple's reply to Samsung Gear VR. SAMSUNG FIRST AND OTHERS FOLLOW!
This is actually not a fight or anything like that but your argument is really loud. Let's talk about IP68 certification on the s7 & it's edge variant, I don't see that as a very useful feature because I won't drop my phone inside water or go and stand under the rain simply because I have a water proof phone(what about myself standing, am I IP68 certified too?)
You talk about iPhones having 3.5" and 4.7" screens, that is not a disadvantage at all cos screen preferences differ. Besides, Apple introduced 5.5" phones which after sales reports show didn't do very well compared to their smaller siblings.
Ion-strengthened glass with oleophobic coating on iPhones was said to be the strongest screen on any smartphone (checkout galaxy s7 edge vs iphone 6s plus drop test on YouTube) so I don't know the fuss about Gorilla screens which merely help in preventing scratches(sand scratches gorilla screens tho).
Get Galaxy s7 and iphone 6s and look at the screens, then you'll find out that although s7 has vibrant colours that pop out because of its amoled display, iphone 6s however, has crisp display that's glorious so it depends on the one you like more.
Then talk about cameras, my dear, megapixels is not all there is to a camera. Xperia z3 with 20mp camera cannot hold a candle where a Samsung 12mp is.
Talk about design and ergonomics, Samsung is the one always trying (and failing) to copy iPhones starting from bottom placed speakers, non removable batteries, lack of fm radio, no sd card slot ( which was an epic fail) in the Note 5 and s6 line up.
Go check the latest Galaxy C5 and C7, they are simply iPhones with Samsung logo on them.
Performance wise, even if Android phones pack 3Ghz octacore or even 20 core processors, iPhones with 1.8ghz dual core processors are no push overs. Talking about fans complaining all over the internet, Iphone users don't complain, rather Samsung users do.
In the end, both Apple and Samsung make good phones in different ecosystems, so it's a matter of choice.
Re: Samsung Is So Far Gone!!! Can Apple Catch Up?? by Bossmd: 8:09pm On Sep 08, 2016
donhils:

This is actually not a fight or anything like that but your argument is really loud. Let's talk about IP68 certification on the s7 & it's edge variant, I don't see that as a very useful feature because I won't drop my phone inside water or go and stand under the rain simply because I have a water proof phone (what about myself standing, am I IP68 certified too?)
You talk about iPhones having 3.5" and 4.7" screens, that is not a disadvantage at all cos screen preferences differ. Besides, Apple introduced 5.5" phones which after sales reports show didn't do very well compared to their smaller siblings.
Ion-strengthened glass with oleophobic coating on iPhones was said to be the strongest screen on any smartphone (checkout galaxy s7 edge vs iphone 6s plus drop test on YouTube) so I don't know the fuss about Gorilla screens which merely help in preventing scratches(sand scratches gorilla screens tho).
Get Galaxy s7 and iphone 6s and look at the screens, then you'll find out that although s7 has vibrant colours that pop out because of its amoled display, iphone 6s however, has crisp display that's glorious so it depends on the one you like more.
Then talk about cameras, my dear, megapixels is not all there is to a camera. Xperia z3 with 20mp camera cannot hold a candle where a Samsung 12mp is.
Talk about design and ergonomics, Samsung is the one always trying (and failing) to copy iPhones starting from bottom placed speakers, non removable batteries, lack of fm radio, no sd card slot ( which was an epic fail) in the Note 5 and s6 line up.
Go check the latest Galaxy C5 and C7, they are simply iPhones with Samsung logo on them.
Performance wise, even if Android phones pack 3Ghz octacore or even 20 core processors, iPhones with 1.8ghz dual core processors are no push overs. Talking about fans complaining all over the internet, Iphone users don't complain, rather Samsung users do.
In the end, both Apple and Samsung make good phones in different ecosystems, so it's a matter of choice.

The bolded killed me! grin grin grin
Re: Samsung Is So Far Gone!!! Can Apple Catch Up?? by Bossmd: 8:15pm On Sep 08, 2016
donhils:

This is actually not a fight or anything like that but your argument is really loud. Let's talk about IP68 certification on the s7 & it's edge variant, I don't see that as a very useful feature because I won't drop my phone inside water or go and stand under the rain simply because I have a water proof phone(what about myself standing, am I IP68 certified too?)

Well, not until you mentioned it now did I go to run a check on the Galaxy C5 and C7. Meehn that is copycat of the Highest level!! shocked shocked shocked

Samsung left no stone unturned in copying Apple's design!! But they could have at least put such looks on their flagship instead of a mid range device.

Re: Samsung Is So Far Gone!!! Can Apple Catch Up?? by Bossmd: 8:21pm On Sep 08, 2016
bimbor:
With the latest release of their Samsung Galaxy S7 edge and an upcoming revolutionary S8 edge rumored to come with 4K UHD Display and 3GHz Exynos, I doubt if Apple can ever catch up with Samsung again. Apple dey take style cheat their customers. But Samsung has taken the lead. The S7 edge is a dragon and dwarfs any other Apple smartphone ever released. To make it worse the upcoming Apple 7th generation phone cannot even match S7 edge already. Samsung it gbera!!! grin grin grin

Now that the "Apple 7th generation" has been announced I hope we have been able to convince you now that Apple rule the world grin grin

1 Like

Re: Samsung Is So Far Gone!!! Can Apple Catch Up?? by donhils: 9:49pm On Sep 08, 2016
Bossmd:

Well, not until you mentioned it now did I go to run a check on the Galaxy C5 and C7. Meehn that is copycat of the Highest level!! shocked shocked shocked

Samsung left no stone unturned in copying Apple's design!! But they could have at least put such looks on their flagship instead of a mid range device.
Maybe they're testing the design now and will use it later for S8 . Who knows?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

.:. Access Your Computer Files On Your Phone Via Wlan .:. / How To Retrieve Glo, Mtn, Airtel & Etisalat Lost Sim Number / What is the Best Mifi To Use In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.