Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Scammer! Babalawo In Ife!! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Scammer! Babalawo In Ife!! (1736 Views)

Court Sends “Babalawo” To Jail For N2.5m Fraud (photo) / Communal Clash In Ife North Leaves 10 People Injured / Babalawo Arrested And Arraigned For N2.4 Million Fraud (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scammer! Babalawo In Ife!! by Cardyjah(f): 8:18am On Sep 06, 2016
So, a friend got a call from a man whose voice sounded like a very old man's and d man claimed someone brought her name to him in Ife, that the person that brought the name wants him to cast some voodoo on her... and that he wants to do her a favour and not go through with it because he's "Awo funfun" ( White priest I guess ) but he's going to need some things to appease the "gods" b4 he can reveal the person who brought her name. He started listing everything he's going to need and it amounted to #68000... at some point before he started listing we kinda suspected he's a fraud (I was with my friend and d phone was on loudspeaker) he sternly warned my friend not to tell anyone else. Long story short the man insisted she send him the money dsame day, that he doesn't have a bank account but he's son does and he's gonna tell him to send it as soon as they ended the call... anyways before my friend ended the call, I said 419 and I think he hrd me and hasn't send any account number since. The issue is my friend knw he's a fraud but she's still a little bit scared because of the whole voodoo drama. Has anyone ever received this kinda phone call?
Re: Scammer! Babalawo In Ife!! by barackodam: 8:43am On Sep 06, 2016
undecided

1 Like

Re: Scammer! Babalawo In Ife!! by oglalasioux(m): 8:51am On Sep 06, 2016
The sharpest fraud! Report to police immediately and hand the phone number to them before he causes more havoc.

1 Like

Re: Scammer! Babalawo In Ife!! by TinyIslamic92: 8:57am On Sep 06, 2016
Yeah, I did about some weeks back his son sent me a used glo card and he called me begging me not to use it that he mistakenly sent it to me that it was meant for his aged priest father, long story short he hands the phone to the Father to thank me so the man said he is from ife that he will conduct some propitation on my behalf to wade away evils that I will need to buy some certain things to carry out the said propitation which I will send him the cost to buy it there in Ile ife which amount to 18000 but later I got to know they are scammers, I just block his number ever since then

1 Like

Re: Scammer! Babalawo In Ife!! by chukwuboi(m): 9:34am On Oct 02, 2016
oglalasioux:
The sharpest fraud! Report to police immediately and hand the phone number to them before he causes more havoc.
Which police? Nigerian police force? Lol
Re: Scammer! Babalawo In Ife!! by keycash: 11:48pm On Oct 02, 2016
[quote author=TinyIslamic92 post=49114956]Yeah, I did about some weeks back his son sent me a used glo card and he called me begging me not to use it that he mistakenly sent it to me that it was meant for his aged priest father, long story short he hands the phone to the Father to thank me so the man said he is from ife that he will conduct some propitation on my behalf to wade away evils that I will need to buy some certain things to carry out the said propitation which I will send him the cost to buy it there in Ile ife which amount to 18000 but later I got to know they are scammers, I just block his number ever since then[/quote

I had once experience this I ask him to send the account. When he call me again to confirm if I see the acc details I said no . he resent it over and over again then I blocked him after sending it. 4 times with same reply. Smiling ]
Re: Scammer! Babalawo In Ife!! by olumaxi(m): 6:49am On Oct 03, 2016
TinyIslamic92:
Yeah, I did about some weeks back his son sent me a used glo card and he called me begging me not to use it that he mistakenly sent it to me that it was meant for his aged priest father, long story short he hands the phone to the Father to thank me so the man said he is from ife that he will conduct some propitation on my behalf to wade away evils that I will need to buy some certain things to carry out the said propitation which I will send him the cost to buy it there in Ile ife which amount to 18000 but later I got to know they are scammers, I just block his number ever since then
dis was exactly wat i wanted to say too.......it hapund to my friend...i was her saving grace that day,cos she had already fallen for it.............those fraudsters r advancin everiday
Re: Scammer! Babalawo In Ife!! by TinyIslamic92: 10:30am On Oct 03, 2016
[quote author=keycash post=49866405][/quote]They think everyone is gullible as they are, their doom day is near
Re: Scammer! Babalawo In Ife!! by TinyIslamic92: 10:32am On Oct 03, 2016
olumaxi:
dis was exactly wat i wanted to say too.......it hapund to my friend...i was her saving grace that day,cos she had already fallen for it.............those fraudsters r advancin everiday
I just pity the gullible victims who will fall to their cheap scam
Re: Scammer! Babalawo In Ife!! by dotman4real007(m): 11:25am On Oct 03, 2016
na babalawo scam dem dey use now. lol please post the number they used to send the bank account so that we can get their identities.

(1) (Reply)

Fraud-accused Nigerian Pastor Celebrates Birthday In Yahoo-boy Style / Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Kill Father And Son In Delta Community (Graphic Pix) / 2 Bakassi Boys Sentenced To Death In Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.