Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,882 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

My Take On The Edo State Gubernatorial Election Debate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Take On The Edo State Gubernatorial Election Debate (624 Views)

Anambra Governorship Election Debate Result: Performance Rating By Channels TV / Anambra 2017 Governorship Election Debate (Live Update) / Kindness Okpe, 22-Year-Old SSA To Obaseki, The Edo State Governor (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Take On The Edo State Gubernatorial Election Debate by XXLDICK(m): 8:26am On Sep 06, 2016
I didn't watch the Edo state gubernatorial debate live, so I had to download it from YouTube. Expending my data on it was worth it because I love being abreast with Nigeria's politics.

Four candidates were present (LP, PDP, APC & APGA) and the focus were primarily on the candidates of the PDP and the APC. Too bad.

To say I was disappointed is an understatement, but I was not surprised because it depicted a typical Nigerian electoral debate. Put me on stage with those dumb heads and watch me tear them to pieces without breaking a sweat. I'm not bluffing.

No doubt, the best performer was the candidate of the PDP, Pastor Ize Iyamu (don't be deceived by the title 'pastor' because this guy is extremely corrupt. He was part of looters during Lucky Igbenedion's tenure). He had the best performance because he went for the easiest tactics; tackling the candidate of the APC (Godwin Obaseki who we all know is a stooge of the incumbent governor, Oshiomole) on the maladministration of Gov Oshiomole thereby putting Obaseki on the defensive which Obaseki did a very poor job handling and the pressure broke him. All Obaseki should have done was disassociate himself from Oshiomole but baba go kill am
Pastor Ize Iyamu was too busy tackling the incumbent that he forgot to state his plans for Edo state.
That's all about the debate... There was nothing of note from the other candidates... It seemed they just wanted to be seen on TV.

If I go solely by the debate, I will support the candidate of the PDP, but considering his profile that will be a very bad choice. Putting all factors into consideration, the candidate of the LP (Amos Areolegbe) has my support... But what difference does it make, I don't reside in Edo neither do I have a support base.

I just wish all Nigerians can just get the orientation; PDP and APC are not the only political parties in Nigeria.
Re: My Take On The Edo State Gubernatorial Election Debate by XXLDICK(m): 8:27am On Sep 06, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Ambode Speech At Commissioning Of 114 LGA Roads / Live Broadcast: #akwaibomat29 Special Thanksgiving Service / Edo Women Back Godwin Obaseki’s Wife Over Prostitution Remarks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.