Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,586 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Mmm: Scamming The Scammers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mmm: Scamming The Scammers (1306 Views)

Scammers New Tactics (pic) / MMM Has Developed New Scamming Strategy.beware / Beware Of These Scammers In Town. Am A Victim. (pics)!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mmm: Scamming The Scammers by adekhingz(m): 9:14am On Sep 06, 2016
The word MMM is no longer news around our beloved country has so many of us have heard testimonies about it and even joined. This article is about the real history of MMM that you were Neva told about, how its a scam a very clever one for that and most importantly how you can make money from this clever RUSSIAN guys that have forgotten we be real niger.(n.b the authors of this articles are currently members and have benefited from mmm and are still benefiting). Note this article is long so be prepared but this will save we that are currently in it from entering their trap and those who want to join to make wise decision. So if you ready let's go
Here is the history of mmm has quoted from WEKIPEDIA
"MMM was established in 1989 by Sergei Mavrodi, [2] his brother Vyacheslav Mavrodi, and Olga Melnikova. The name of the company was taken from the first letters of the three founders' surnames.MMM created its successful Ponzi scheme in 1994. The company started attracting money from private investors, promising annual returns of up to one thousand percent. It is unclear whether a Ponzi scheme was Mavrodi's initial intention, inasmuch as such extravagant returns might have been possible during the Russian hyperinflation in such commerce as import-export.At its peak the company was taking in more than 100 billion rubles (about 50 million USD) each day from the sale of its shares to the public. Thus, the cashflow turnover at the MMM central office in Moscow was so high that it could not be estimated. The management started to count money in roomfuls (1 roomful of money, 2 roomfuls of money, etc.). On July 22, 1994, the police closed the offices of MMM for tax evasion. For a few days the company attempted to continue the scheme, but soon ceased operations. At that point, Invest-Consulting, one of the company's subsidiaries, owed more than 50 billion rubles in taxes (USD 26 million), and MMM itself owed between 100 billion and 3 trillion rubles to the investors (from USD 50 million to USD 1.5 billion). In the aftermath at least 50 investors, having lost all of their money, committed suicides. While it was believed that Sergei Mavrodi left Russia and moved to the United States, it is possible that he stayed in Moscow, using his money to change apartments regularly and employ a group of former special agents. With the help of a distant relative he started Stock Generation Ltd., another pyramid scheme based around trading non-existent companies' stocks in a form of the "stock exchange game" on the company's site, stockgeneration.com. Despite a bold-letter warning on the main page that the site was not a real stock exchange, ( just as it written on their Nigerian website "do not use your life savings" )between 20,000 and 275,000 people, according to various estimates, fell for the promised 200% returns and lost their money. According to U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, losses of victims were at least USD 5.5 million
Mavrodi was found and arrested in 2003. While in custody, Mavrodi was given until January 31, 2006 to read the documents in his fraud case against him (The criminal case consisted of 650 volumes, each 250-270 pages long). At the end of April 2007, Mavrodi was convicted of fraud, and given a sentence of four and a half years. Since he had already spent over four years in custody, he was released less than a month later, on May 22, 2007. He later went on to creating yet another pyramid scheme called
MMM-2011
In 2015 MMM began operating in South Africa with the same business model as MMM-2011, claiming a "30% per month" return through a "social financial network"The group was identified as a possible pyramid scheme by the National Consumer Commission and accounts of clients were later frozen by Capitec Bank.[4] In response to mounting criticism and official investigations by state authorities in 2016 supporters of the South African MMM scheme staged a protest march in Johannesburg. [5]
In 2016, MMM launched a website targeting the Nigerian audience. [6]
In January 2016 the Chinese government banned MMM on the grounds that it is a pyramid scheme, (Ponzi scheme), and it is not registered in the country (and as a fraudulent scheme cannot be registered).
NOW THE SCAM
MMM IS a PONZI schemes (A Ponzi scheme can be defined as a fraudulent investing scam promising high rates of return with little risk to investors. The scheme generates returns for older investors by acquiring new investors.) Now you ask but i receive my payment duly how is this now a scam.Here are the following analysis
As we know this is a pyramid system their Are the real Mmm the owners who started the awareness put your money and get 30% Back. The first member now i mean people like us did it and it worked wonderful they WERE SO excited and became apostle of mmm and spread the good news its those PEOPLE testimony we read about.
As the system grew it became a self running thing As THE REAl MMM GOT THEIR Money back THE MONEY IN CIRCULATION IS NOT THEIRS BUT OUR MONEY
NOW TO HOW ITS SCAM
Have you ever thought that which business are these guys doing that they Will be able TO PAY 30% interest Not TO Talk About THE various BOUNCE and STILL BE ABLE TO Pay THE WHOLE STAFF maintaing THE WEBSITE. SOME SAY ITS THROUGH Traffic of the internet COMMON NIGERIANS LET US USE OUR HEAD EVEN FACEBOOK WITH OVER HUNDRED MILLION USER gets its money form advertisement and the last time i checked their is no single foreign adverts except mmm and mmm can not boast of 100 million users in Nigeria. This may get tricky but i want you to stay with me, as we said its a pyramid system with a foundation of real mmm the tin is this guys have a target of users they need ones this target is reached they will now send a need help to its member i.e me and you but since we do not know who we are Paying to, we would all pay not knowing we all paying to the same set of people (remember they are the owner of the website and can reprogramme it to their taste) and guess what they will give us the deadline of FOURTYEIGHT HOURS as usual ones we all paid the site goes off.Then what will you do, attack the website forgetting it can be operated from anywhere in world, you now turn on the so called admin that registered you who are not even aware of their plan so the people registering people on behalf of mmm be prepared for insult and curses but lucky you, you won't get arrested has you did not sign anything.
HOW TO BEAT THE GAME OF THIS CLEVER RUSSIAN GUYS!!!The idea of this guys is to bait you with that 30% ,so you will continue to increases your investing capital. The best thing to do is not increase your capital let their promised 30% increase until you get back your capital and let their interest which they gave you continue in the circulation.
Its in that way you are really getting interest over your money. until they decide to close shop which we do not know. Remember its the 30% that is the bait to make u reinvest with higher capital. The choice is yours.
ORIGINALLY WRITTEN BY AN ANONYMOUS WRITER ON WHATSAPP.

1 Like

Re: Mmm: Scamming The Scammers by agwom(m): 9:17am On Sep 06, 2016
Hmm
Re: Mmm: Scamming The Scammers by bolanto24(m): 9:29am On Sep 06, 2016
Nonsense article. Bad belle.
Re: Mmm: Scamming The Scammers by ClitRaider: 9:30am On Sep 06, 2016
Some pple are falling for it.
Re: Mmm: Scamming The Scammers by eay(m): 9:37am On Sep 06, 2016
It's very simple.. u cnt judge the book by its cover. If you really want to know more about MMM nd get assistance in ur registration...simply drop ur wassap number.
And u will be guided rightly plus added to d MMM wassap grp.
BA damuwa...
MMM is real...
MMM dey pay...
My only regret is I did not join earlier.

2 Likes

Re: Mmm: Scamming The Scammers by menxer: 9:52am On Sep 06, 2016
When the concept of democracy was conceived, I don't think the aristocratic monarchs accepted it with open arms.

a new concept of circulating money is concieved, and not controlled by the established Financial system, it won't accept with open arms.
Re: Mmm: Scamming The Scammers by Interesting15: 9:57am On Sep 06, 2016
eay:
It's very simple.. u cnt judge the book by its cover. If you really want to know more about MMM nd get assistance in ur registration...simply drop ur wassap number.
And u will be guided rightly plus added to d MMM wassap grp.
BA damuwa...
MMM is real...
MMM dey pay...
My only regret is I did not join earlier.

Well, I haven't been commenting about this mmm stuff - but I think I should do now.

You said they are real.

Do you mean the only reason you are sure they are real is because you've been paid by them?

Apart from the fact that they've paid you, what other reason(s) do you think they are real?

3 Likes

Re: Mmm: Scamming The Scammers by adekhingz(m): 10:07am On Sep 06, 2016
like the article said it was written by people who are currently in mmm and are been paid. jst be smart don't let greed make u put more. d more u put longer it takes to get your capital back. BE SMART.

1 Like

Re: Mmm: Scamming The Scammers by MrWhaley: 11:15am On Sep 06, 2016
If it's a scam,then one day,Monkey go go market,e nor go return...

I had the opportunity of joining but later had a change of mind after I researched on their history on Google.
i
Re: Mmm: Scamming The Scammers by eay(m): 12:39pm On Sep 06, 2016
Interesting15:

Well, I haven't been commenting about this mmm stuff - but I think I should do now.

You said they are real.

Do you mean the only reason you are sure they are real is because you've been paid by them?

Apart from the fact that they've paid you, what other reason(s) do you think they are real?

Mmm is a platform Whr we help each other by 'donating' our money to someone in need of money.
Mmm is real because it bridges d gap btw d rich nd u poor
You can easily donate your money and still get rewarded for doing that (Whc banks ought to do for us primarily)
Mmm connects you with diff ppl in d community (imagine u r paired with a lawyer to pay into his account and u v a pending law case, u cn easily contact him personally)
Mmm teaches u financial discipline (remember u r not to get greedy and only donate your spare money)
...the list is endless.
MMM is the community of the ppl that continuously provide help for demselfs...
And MMM is real because dr is no central account...we pay directly into our accounts so there is no way smone can runaway with my money...as anti-mmm agents proposed grin because for you to request for money den u v also given out your money.
No one who obeys the rules of d MMM community has ever complained of being scammed.
So...my brother,its not too late to join.
U can add me up for more details @mysignature
Cheers!
Re: Mmm: Scamming The Scammers by shayhune: 2:29pm On Sep 06, 2016
Re: Mmm: Scamming The Scammers by shayhune: 2:30pm On Sep 06, 2016
The MYSTIFIED 30% in MMM. How to Understand It.

THE MYSTIFIED 30% How to understand it.

Its important you all understand this concept so much that you can easily explain it to others.

Let's look at it from this practical point of view,99% of us here have bank account. Right? Good.

We put our money in the bank because we Trust its safe there What do u think is the % of people who put their money in Banks?

Do you know How many % of people in Nigeria has an account with First Bank?

Yes you guess right!

Let's say 70% of Nigerians.

That's about more than 50million Nigerians. And Among these people are

The Poor
Middle class
and Business men
Companies

Among this set of people are those who deposit their money in bank at different intervals
and different amount.

Right?

And they withdraw at different intervals and different amount.

That means If you deposit 200k Another person deposit 1million,Another deposit 2k,Another deposit 500k,Wenever you are withdrawing your 200k, Someone's elsewhere is depositing a huge amounts.

To supplement ur 200k withdrawal. And this circle continued on and on.
And becos of the population of people using the bank and different set of cash and different time of deposit and withdrawal

There is 100% chances that you must get your money withdrawn whenever you need it.

Anytime u go to bank to withdraw money
That's the principle MMM is also using
Its called Crowd Funding.

The power of crowd funding, Banks And all financial institutions use the principle,That's is why the owner of this Banks are filty rich.

Where do you Think Bank Gets money they loan out

( Yes our Money) You evidently give bank your money when you and all those who have account with the bank Crowd Fund(Deposition Remember I want to make this more practical.

Look at this illustration, illustration U have 1million naira,U went to the bank And put it in a fixed deposit account With interest of 12% per year. U are happy As u leave the bank

The business man comes And requests to use your 1million for business. Same bank charges him 35% He agreed. Went to do business with your money and makes profit

Pays the bank your 1million +35% At the end of the year you came and collected 12% Who is the fool among the 3?.

And who is the king?

They all get paid but one of them is the king. The Bank
The B A N K.

Now the bank collects our money. And loan it out to business men and make lots of money to pay d staff and enrich his life. What happens to you the depositor. You get Nothing

Not even 1% of your deposit.

Now MMM says No. Because of this unfair financial system.Sergie Mavrodi thought it necessary to look at the financial system and realized that, Banks survive because of the continuous deposit and withdrawal of cash,At different intervals

And because of the population of people who have an account with the bank. Sergey Mavrodi decided that even bank with that principle can even give us 50% of our money monthly but they won't do it

. The principle of crowd funding enables the bank to even give us more interest on our money monthly and nothing will happen. But because of the unfair financial system in place they will never do it.

He realized that if we can come together. Like those population with bank account example I gave earlier .If We can copy the same principle bank and financial institutions use to flourish, We can do a lot .

All it takes is just the Redistribution of cash flows. And the IDeology in MMM.

The system provides that redistribution.And with a great community with same goal and mindset it can be achieved.

Are you u guys getting where I am heading to?.

Because people deposit at different times Banks lives on

Because people PH in MMM different times. MMM lives on

Because people withdraw in bank at different times. Banks Lives on

Because people GH in MMM different times. MMM lives on

Because of the influx of PH and GH regular PH and GH there will always be 30% to Pay to everyone .

Because of Regular Deposit and Withdrawal at different times and different amount there must always be money to withdraw in banks.

What if everyone match to bank and withdraw their money same time same day what do you think will happen?

Bank will collapse
Same thing in MMM

If every one GH at the same time MMM won't stand for long.

So it's our responsibility to keep this community strong through regular PH and GH.
The same principle Holds Bank and other financial bodies.

For more information, whatsapp me:
Re: Mmm: Scamming The Scammers by Interesting15: 8:16pm On Sep 06, 2016
eay:

Mmm is a platform Whr we help each other by 'donating' our money to someone in need of money.
Mmm is real because it bridges d gap btw d rich nd u poor
You can easily donate your money and still get rewarded for doing that (Whc banks ought to do for us primarily)
Mmm connects you with diff ppl in d community (imagine u r paired with a lawyer to pay into his account and u v a pending law case, u cn easily contact him personally)
Mmm teaches u financial discipline (remember u r not to get greedy and only donate your spare money)
...the list is endless.
MMM is the community of the ppl that continuously provide help for demselfs...
And MMM is real because dr is no central account...we pay directly into our accounts so there is no way smone can runaway with my money...as anti-mmm agents proposed grin because for you to request for money den u v also given out your money.
No one who obeys the rules of d MMM community has ever complained of being scammed.
So...my brother,its not too late to join.
U can add me up for more details @mysignature
Cheers!
Thanks sir. I'm not interested in joining. Just satisfying my curiosity.

Truthfully, I don't understand all those things you said.

I wish you guys well.
Re: Mmm: Scamming The Scammers by eay(m): 9:06pm On Sep 06, 2016
Interesting15:

Thanks sir. I'm not interested in joining. Just satisfying my curiosity.

Truthfully, I don't understand all those things you said.

I wish you guys well.

Lol...not that u Dnt understand...it's because u v programmed ur mind not to...
Cheers buddy.
Re: Mmm: Scamming The Scammers by Greatzeus(m): 9:38pm On Sep 06, 2016
Arggghrrrghhh not again undecided
Can you guys just leave this mmm alone for once,its not like they put a rope on your neck or something angry let people do whatsoever they like with money.
Why taking panadol for another person's headache grin
Re: Mmm: Scamming The Scammers by eric4real(m): 4:26am On Sep 07, 2016
This people wont just mind their business for once.Idid some findings about MMM the sheme still very strong in south africa as i speak to you .They dont just want our financial freedom...............shame to them

(1) (Reply)

6 Head Monogram Machine For Sale (pix attached) / Paypal Setup With Nigeria ATM Cards: How To Open And Verify Paypal Account In NG / Make Liquid Soap Better Than Morning Fresh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.