Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,164 members, 7,835,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) (33548 Views)

We Steal Ogun Prostitutes' Phones And Sell To Lagos Prostitutes - Suspects / SARS Operatives In Eket Cut The Hair Of Guys, Flog And Beat Passersby (Photo) / Boy Tied In Lagos After Stealing Phones And Cash (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 06, 2016
These one are thieves o... the NPF shud do somtin abt it.
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by MadCow1: 1:10pm On Sep 06, 2016
That shiit is super illegal..

Nothing found via this method is admissible in court because they did not have a valid search warrant.

Even Police stop and search checkpoints are mostly illegal as they require a warrant to do that.
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by Awoofawo(m): 1:11pm On Sep 06, 2016
illegat duty.
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by ajalawole(m): 1:11pm On Sep 06, 2016
this not a new thing. If you use to travel from ilorin to offa, those police men or na DSS are the worst. I was going to see a female friend in oshogbo last month just after ARMTI that was where the problem started, they search my phone without finding anything, then they throw me jamb question 'Why are u going to oshogbo, who are u going to see in oshogbo' that was when i remember i don't tell my old mum i was going to oshogbo. After about 30min, they let use go.
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 06, 2016
tellwisdom:
You have every right to slap him if he dare ask to search your fone. 100% illegal
Slap policeman with gun?

You need to adjust the nut in your head

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by Ninilowo(m): 1:13pm On Sep 06, 2016
Very useless pple
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by onionsoup(f): 1:13pm On Sep 06, 2016
tobimillar:
Only in Nigeria.... what offence did I commit in my former life that made me reincarnate as a Nigerian? The only reason I am living a good and honest life is because I have hope that one day, in one of the cycles of life, I will come back in a better organized society

I will walk with my two legs pass them and no one out of those nincompul can ask me to bring out my phone for them to see for what!! e loss e own??
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by hahn(m): 1:14pm On Sep 06, 2016
MadCow1:
That shiit is super illegal..

Nothing found via this method is admissible in court because they did not have a valid search warrant.

Even Police stop and search checkpoints are mostly illegal as they require a warrant to do that.

In which country? The same Nigeria where people get "raided" and end up spending more than 3 years in ATM-Awaiting Trial? undecided
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by Bom4Real: 1:14pm On Sep 06, 2016
IG should be look into this issues,Lagos Police is the worst of all he Nigerian Police Formations
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by caprini1: 1:16pm On Sep 06, 2016
agarawu23:
I trust they will only search those walking with legs and those riding on okada. They dare not go near those in their G-wagon or Ferrari
They search cars too,i was traveling to Cotonou for a school convocation ,last month,they stopped the car I was in ,and dragged a boy sitting at the back out,started accusing him of yahoo yahoo ,because he had dreadlocks,untill the two women he sat with descended on the policeman,that the boy is going for his convocation....they didn't leave him ,until,he brought out his backpack and showed evidence of being a student.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by mrofficial(m): 1:17pm On Sep 06, 2016
tellwisdom:
You have every right to slap him if he dare ask to search your fone. 100% illegal

At your own peril. The brutality that will follow that no go easy for you.
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by SOPIGO: 1:17pm On Sep 06, 2016
saasala:
The Nigerian police have become more of malediction than the blessing it was meant to be. I will never forget how some police officers stopped me after I complimented one of them on his well ironed uniform while walking in front of their station. They demanded my phone and asked all manner of sstuupid question, said I was a Yahoo boy with no evidence whatsover, took me into their station and wasted my time. I had to churn out 10k just to leave their gutter-like station in Ikotun as I needed to meet a client urgently.

There are so much to write about that ill-fated day, but I will need to find time to create a thread to that effect and beg the mod to move it to frontpage.

The name of the officer that I compliment who later accused me of being a Yahoo boy is TUNDE JOHN in Ikotun police station, opposite First Bank.

I will forever hate the Nigerian police.

Y don't u make ur complain officially via Complainant Respond Unit channel of d NPF. U could have done that via their tweeter page, whatsapp numbers, Facebook or even call there Complainant number.
Uncivilization is d major problem of Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by jerryfisher(m): 1:17pm On Sep 06, 2016
tellwisdom:
u sounded like the IG of police!!!pls send me ur number
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by jayriginal: 1:18pm On Sep 06, 2016
dahaz:
This is absolutely wrong. No law gives the Nigerian police such powers to search innocent citizens without a warrant from a competent law court

Lol. How do you know? Are you a lawyer?

Ever heard of "reasonable suspicion"?
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by Olukologia(m): 1:19pm On Sep 06, 2016
Its happening here in Ondo State too. It should be changed to Nigeria Police Service. Nonsense
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by mrofficial(m): 1:21pm On Sep 06, 2016
This is how these thieves parade themselves along the highway between Ojodu-Berger and Ogudu in different cars just to do their yeye stop and search.

Sometimes, you might even be frightened when a car that isn't police car just stops in front of you and ask you to pullover. These dirty men give robbers strategy sometimes.

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 06, 2016
SOPIGO:

Y don't u make ur complain officially via Complainant Respond Unit channel of d NPF. U could have done that via their tweeter page, whatsapp numbers, Facebook or even call there Complainant number.

Please post the links, i believe if we all bombard them over this issue someone at the top will take a look, i have been arrested twice in PH just because i stood my ground and didn't run when others ran.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by DedeNkem: 1:23pm On Sep 06, 2016
Police has NO right to stop you for no genuine reason, not to talk of, searching you without a warant!

Unfortunately, Nigerian police is the most incompetent and corrupt in Africa. They do whatever they want without being punished!

The only way to fight them is by taking clear picture of their faces and flooding the Commissioner of Police's twitter handle and facebook page (if he has them) with complaints and the pictures. And also copy to the President's and Attorney General's social media contacts.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 06, 2016
SOPIGO:

How many times have we heard of complains that were actually attended to without some kind of bribe? Even the time when I was younger, and our house was attacked by robbers, they told my father to bring 20k before they would listen to him. In anger, he called the commissioner of police in Lagos, who he happened to know.
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by dahaz(m): 1:24pm On Sep 06, 2016
jayriginal:

am not a lawyer
you can enlighten us.
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by Oghumu1(m): 1:25pm On Sep 06, 2016
Only in this country a suspect is found guilty until proven not guilty. I wonder who gave such power to be searching people's phone or pocket, there should be a warrant for doing that. And what's the essence in searching them, when u are not SARS or FBI. Policemen are to protect citizen's life and property and to ensure peace in the society and not doing the work of a SARS or FBI.
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by Oghumu1(m): 1:28pm On Sep 06, 2016
DedeNkem:
Police has NO right to stop you for no genuine reason, not to talk of, searching you without a warant!

Unfortunately, Nigerian police is the most incompetent and corrupt in Africa. They do whatever they want without being punished!

The only way to fight them is by taking ckear picture of their faces and flooding the Commissioner of Police's twitter handle and facebook page (if he has them) with complaints and the pictures. And also copy to the President's and Attorney General's social media contacts.
Flooding him with picture or any other thing isn't the case, but what happens after then. That person's life might be at risk. Send me his twitter handle please
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by tunazi(m): 1:34pm On Sep 06, 2016
Policemen in Ilorin will search your phones and laptops in the middle of the street, some even go as far as seizing the laptops claiming you're a yahoo boy, in the end they'll ask for money. I'm not exaggerating talking from personal experience.It's only in Nigeria that police will threaten to detain you for not leaving home with the receipt of your phone or laptop I wonder when that became a crime.....endtime policemen
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 06, 2016
agarawu23:
I trust they will only search those walking with legs and those riding on okada. They dare not go near those in their G-wagon or Ferrari
Lol, in Warri, that's what we experience everyday. they even have trained police who can operate on phones very well. what they're looking for is white folks pictures and your conversation with them. once they see anyone, sorry. you had to bail yourself. it part of our system in Warri...... fear Delta Police

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by tellwisdom: 1:35pm On Sep 06, 2016
jayriginal:

You are talking nonsense. Just wait till you are releived of Ur job,then u will realize that's a bullshittt of an evidence.
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by 9jatatafo(m): 1:38pm On Sep 06, 2016
Not right
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by jayriginal: 1:39pm On Sep 06, 2016
tellwisdom:

You are talking nonsense. Just wait till you are releived of Ur job,then u will realize that's a bullshittt of an evidence.

Be more coherent, learn some manners, focus on the topic.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by chiefojiji(m): 1:41pm On Sep 06, 2016
saasala:
The Nigerian police have become more of malediction than the blessing it was meant to be. I will never forget how some police officers stopped me after I complimented one of them on his well ironed uniform while walking in front of their station. They demanded my phone and asked all manner of sstuupid question, said I was a Yahoo boy with no evidence whatsover, took me into their station and wasted my time. I had to churn out 10k just to leave their gutter-like station in Ikotun as I needed to meet a client urgently.

There are so much to write about that ill-fated day, but I will need to find time to create a thread to that effect and beg the mod to move it to frontpage.

The name of the officer that I compliment who later accused me of being a Yahoo boy is TUNDE JOHN in Ikotun police station, opposite First Bank.

I will forever hate the Nigerian police.

10k for this recession period?

Ikotun police station beside cac church beside post office.... dos guys are known for that. dey have stopped me so many times. 1st time dey got me, just like u did.

But the other time dey stop me, dem wan search me, I tell dem Oga, juju dey my pocket oooooooooo, if you like go use ur hand carry Wettin ur salary no go do you to cure o....

They just be like shocked

Na the scope be that! Dem dey hang well well infront of those banks, waiting for any well dressed nigga coming out of any of the banks.
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 06, 2016
tellwisdom:

the police has d power to stop and search you. jail loading 100%% legal

can u talk diz way outside Nigeria. stop d bitterness against d govt and find something doing dan commentin hate online
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by jayriginal: 1:42pm On Sep 06, 2016
dahaz:

am not a lawyer

you can enlighten us.

Police can search and even detain without a warrant on "reasonable suspicion". This reasonable suspicion isn't well defined, hence the abuse by the police.
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by tellwisdom: 1:42pm On Sep 06, 2016
jayriginal:

Be more coherent, learn some manners, focus on the topic.

Watch what you say and don't mislead people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gunmen Kidnap Three Women On Ibadan/Ijebu Ode Road (Pictures) / Adeola Adebayo Killed By Kidnappers After N3M Ransom Payment. Photo / UNICAL Prof’s Son, 2 Others Stole And Sold N2 Million Engine For N30,000 (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.