Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,089 members, 7,849,410 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:53 PM

Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) (33567 Views)

We Steal Ogun Prostitutes' Phones And Sell To Lagos Prostitutes - Suspects / SARS Operatives In Eket Cut The Hair Of Guys, Flog And Beat Passersby (Photo) / Boy Tied In Lagos After Stealing Phones And Cash (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 06, 2016
Well!the powers given to police are just too much a policeman has the power to stop and search you anywhere anytime but these guys are thieves they're only looking for yahool boys to collect their own share of this expensive Dollar
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 06, 2016
[quote author=dahaz post=49117566]This is absolutely wrong. No law gives the Nigerian police such powers to search innocent citizens without a warrant from a competent law court[you're wrong sir or ma I was a policeman]
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by willace(m): 8:16pm On Sep 06, 2016
Everybody is just complaining sef, its a normal thing in warri, police must stop u if u are inside keke, they will search you and ur fone looking for a white man's pic

thats how they stopped me on sunday on my way to church, they check my pocket them see nothing butmy old asha 200, they guy just hiss and let me go
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by Raddie(m): 8:54pm On Sep 06, 2016
Normal routine come ikeja... Na epistle you go create...

moreover right here in sango/ifo, i'm sure i'm sure your write up will take a different turn...
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by junnyjake(m): 9:44pm On Sep 06, 2016
[quote author=Avsegzy post=49132828][/quote]
Before you were saved.
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by junnyjake(m): 9:48pm On Sep 06, 2016
Raddie:
Normal routine come ikeja... Na epistle you go create...

moreover right here in sango/ifo, i'm sure i'm sure your write up will take a different turn...

Your siggy, can't really wave my head around it, but it sounds like a quote from Robert Greene's '48 laws of power.'
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by mayour16(m): 11:23pm On Sep 06, 2016
saasala:
The Nigerian police have become more of malediction than the blessing it was meant to be. I will never forget how some police officers stopped me after I complimented one of them on his well ironed uniform while walking in front of their station. They demanded my phone and asked all manner of sstuupid question, said I was a Yahoo boy with no evidence whatsover, took me into their station and wasted my time. I had to churn out 10k just to leave their gutter-like station in Ikotun as I needed to meet a client urgently.

There are so much to write about that ill-fated day, but I will need to find time to create a thread to that effect and beg the mod to move it to frontpage.

The name of the officer that I compliment who later accused me of being a Yahoo boy is TUNDE JOHN in Ikotun police station, opposite First Bank.

I will forever hate the Nigerian police.

Even here in Ilorin, they stop taxi's just to ask you for your smartphone and then read your messages. I got tired of the harassment and the embarrassment so I decided to stop moving around with my smartphone. Abi dem wan dey waste my time Ontop Nokia torchlight again? Useless set of people including the so called federal SARS...mtcheeeew.
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by donhils: 11:29pm On Sep 06, 2016
EniHolar:

You can hide the app. No one will know it's existing.
I know you can hide the icon, but I'm saying if for instance I'm the one trying to pry on somebody's phone, I'll try those methods of opening it when hidden.
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by Damola00: 11:53pm On Sep 06, 2016
Not only Lagos this stupid act dey.. It also happened with my 2 eyes today in ife along Mayfair to Lagere this stupid and oloriburuku officer was stopped guys from bike and start searching and this happened around 1 PM. Please help us to get rid of this stupid people.
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by ebosed: 12:25am On Sep 07, 2016
If you must take public means of transportation or trek, dress responsibly and have a means of identification on you. Police in Nigeria are sometimes better, those in USA, don't check phones they kill. If you have to drive, don't make calls while driving. With these, no police would stop you. I drive 6 hours daily around Lagos. Not a single police officer have stopped me, let alone searched me in the past 3years. If you are married drive in company of your wife or children. Give decent people a ride, especially clean corporately dressed guys.
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by jayriginal: 8:09am On Sep 07, 2016
tellwisdom:

Watch what you say and don't mislead people

Unlike you, I actually know what I'm talking about.
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 07, 2016
junnyjake:

Before you were saved.
lol
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by Raddie(m): 8:07am On Sep 08, 2016
junnyjake:

Your siggy, can't really wave my head around it, but it sounds like a quote from Robert Greene's '48 laws of power.'

17 precisely...
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by Raddie(m): 8:10am On Sep 08, 2016
ebosed:
If you must take public means of transportation or trek, dress responsibly and have a means of identification on you. Police in Nigeria are sometimes better, those in USA, don't check phones they kill. If you have to drive, don't make calls while driving. With these, no police would stop you. I drive 6 hours daily around Lagos. Not a single police officer have stopped me, let alone searched me in the past 3years. If you are married drive in company of your wife or children. Give decent people a ride, especially clean corporately dressed guys.

Brace yourself, you have a shock in waiting...
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by junnyjake(m): 11:13am On Sep 08, 2016
Raddie:

17 precisely...
wow you've got memories!
I read that book 3 years ago.
Re: Policemen Search Phones And Pockets Of Passersby In Ijanikin (Photos) by Stonerboi: 7:50am On Mar 13, 2017
saasala:
The Nigerian police have become more of malediction than the blessing it was meant to be. I will never forget how some police officers stopped me after I complimented one of them on his well ironed uniform while walking in front of their station. They demanded my phone and asked all manner of sstuupid question, said I was a Yahoo boy with no evidence whatsover, took me into their station and wasted my time. I had to churn out 10k just to leave their gutter-like station in Ikotun as I needed to meet a client urgently.

There are so much to write about that ill-fated day, but I will need to find time to create a thread to that effect and beg the mod to move it to frontpage.

The name of the officer that I compliment who later accused me of being a Yahoo boy is TUNDE JOHN in Ikotun police station, opposite First Bank.

I will forever hate the Nigerian police.

Nairaland isn't taken as serious as FB. You should put this on Facebook and it may even go viral. Is there any medium to report police harassment in this country?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Oyira Grace Akong, Bags One Year Imprisonment For Fraud (Photo) / Adeyemi College Of Education Student Gone Missing (photos). / 13-year-old Girl Raped By Pack Of 7 Egyptians In Italy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.