Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,683 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Have You Ever Ran Out Of Gas While Driving? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Have You Ever Ran Out Of Gas While Driving? (10484 Views)

Car Crashes As Driver Sleeps Off While Driving On Highway (Photos) / Explosion Of Gas Truck In Ogun State Yesterday (Photos) / Driving From Lagos To Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Ran Out Of Gas While Driving? by spencekat(m): 2:39pm On Nov 15, 2023
Say fuel gauge no dey work ni?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Ran Out Of Gas While Driving? by JoeEeL(m): 2:39pm On Nov 15, 2023
Re: Have You Ever Ran Out Of Gas While Driving? by yewit37486: 2:40pm On Nov 15, 2023
christejames:
2006 thread? shockedshocked

One of the first threads on this forum...

Nairaland has depreciated though.

OP sef will be shocked cheesy
Dear Seun, is today throwback 'Wednesday'?

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Ran Out Of Gas While Driving? by Emeskhalifa(m): 2:43pm On Nov 15, 2023
2006 thread? Wow

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Ran Out Of Gas While Driving? by FuckingMachine: 2:45pm On Nov 15, 2023
hkidola00:
weyrey

I'm not joking.
Re: Have You Ever Ran Out Of Gas While Driving? by FuckingMachine: 2:45pm On Nov 15, 2023
Emeskhalifa:
2006 thread? Wow

This was before Tinubu bought Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Ran Out Of Gas While Driving? by ednut1(m): 2:46pm On Nov 15, 2023
Some of the people that commented on page 1 are dead

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Ran Out Of Gas While Driving? by ITbomb(m): 2:47pm On Nov 15, 2023
No dey confuse village boy, call am fuel or petrol.
Wetin concern my gas cooker with fuel tank

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Ran Out Of Gas While Driving? by Keepamsafe: 2:48pm On Nov 15, 2023
Yes. I have. Was at my place of work. And I didn’t have access then to get funds for petrol as it was running really late. So I parked the car there at the office only to come back the next morning to realize my battery has been stolen. (I was told to remove my battery before going home, but I refused).

The thief even slacked my booth. It pops open whenever I climb a bump now.
Re: Have You Ever Ran Out Of Gas While Driving? by peacettw: 2:48pm On Nov 15, 2023
Yes. Very embarrassing
Re: Have You Ever Ran Out Of Gas While Driving? by Badadvisor: 2:49pm On Nov 15, 2023
ednut1:
Some of the people that commented on page 1 are dead
Bro Ednut greetings, Apologies for mentioning you randomly, what impact does gic 10k deposit have in the Canada study visa approval? Or instead of the gic deposit through cibc is it better my Bro who's my sponsor transfer the money into my Nigerian account or the gic investment is better?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Ran Out Of Gas While Driving? by Judolisco(m): 2:49pm On Nov 15, 2023
AntiIncognito:
I be commercial driver, we dey run am on a steady grin grin

When fuel was 500 naira per litre, 5k fuel will take me and my passenger to our destination.. now fuel is 650, we go still buy 5k fuel grin cheesy hoping that by one kind Miracle e go carry us reach..

We dey risk am.
my bro na 5k oh... Make God help us.. D bolt sef Don tire me... How u dey run am na... Because if I buy 5k now I trip e don dey show fuel light

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Ran Out Of Gas While Driving? by SALLYBERRY01(m): 2:50pm On Nov 15, 2023
i cant count how many times yellow bus in lagos delayed me because they run out gas, very wicked people, they will leave the park without gas, on getting to half of the journey the car will just stop.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Ran Out Of Gas While Driving? by Judolisco(m): 2:52pm On Nov 15, 2023
McLizbae:
Oh Yes! Only one hilarious time though, and that was when I picked my present car from the dealer after the deal was sealed.

With the Light on and the Guage completely down, I saw it quiet clearly that there is no fuel in the newly acquired car. However, what I didn't believe was that the car won't even drive to the nearest filling station which (I am certain) was not up to 2km from the dealers outlet.
u suppose yab d dealer.... My present car came with full tank

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Ran Out Of Gas While Driving? by Nicoddemus(m): 2:55pm On Nov 15, 2023
It depends on the kind of gas you're talking about smiley
Re: Have You Ever Ran Out Of Gas While Driving? by tuzle(m): 2:56pm On Nov 15, 2023
I would like to know if the first 2 people who commented on this thread are still on nairaland. Omo I was in jss1 when this topic was made. Those ladies and gentlemen would have been grandpa and grandmas by now
Re: Have You Ever Ran Out Of Gas While Driving? by Greatzeus(m): 2:57pm On Nov 15, 2023
That's everyday experience of an average Lagos danfo driver lol grin
Re: Have You Ever Ran Out Of Gas While Driving? by dominique(f): 3:02pm On Nov 15, 2023
Its been long, about five years ago thereabouts. I had touched some places and had it at the back of my mind to fuel the car on my way home as the guage was already on empty only the car to stop as I got a few meters into the filling station. The attendants helped me push it a few more meters to where the closest fuel pump could reach it and I refuelled. That was when I got to know that cars don't start immediately after refueling, you need to let the fuel circulate properly. That freelander showed me premium shege before we threw it away grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Ran Out Of Gas While Driving? by Guyman01: 3:03pm On Nov 15, 2023
Nkanbe, 2006 thread reaches FP in 2023, even NIPOST fast pass this one shocked

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Ran Out Of Gas While Driving? by Chasito(m): 3:06pm On Nov 15, 2023
Since 2006?? That's 17 years later, the op, fit Don marry, born children finish sef grin
Re: Have You Ever Ran Out Of Gas While Driving? by tojahh(m): 3:06pm On Nov 15, 2023
Where's the award please.

Na me dey for front.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Ran Out Of Gas While Driving? by oglalasioux(m): 3:15pm On Nov 15, 2023
Using gas and petrol in the same story. Are you in UK and US at the same time or in Calabar?
Re: Have You Ever Ran Out Of Gas While Driving? by Jokerman(m): 3:15pm On Nov 15, 2023
Fan belt cut was the worse thing to ever happen to me, but thank God it happened just after the third mainland bridge at Berger bus stop...😬

I thought it was gas out, till I got a mechanic 😂

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Ran Out Of Gas While Driving? by Emeka71(m): 3:23pm On Nov 15, 2023
mamaput:
only once i was even on my way to the gas station.
My luck the boynext door was passing on a bike so i begged him to get me a can of fuel.
i had my small emergence can in the car.
Normally i always check the tank.
If i travel Tank, oil and tieres
Come serve me food.
Re: Have You Ever Ran Out Of Gas While Driving? by LOVEALAIGBO: 3:24pm On Nov 15, 2023
officialfestus:
Since 2006, delay no be denial.

I see you’re a Tekno fan as well! wink

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Ran Out Of Gas While Driving? by NoToPile: 3:25pm On Nov 15, 2023
Well this thread will be the same age as some Nairalanders.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Ran Out Of Gas While Driving? by nedekid: 3:25pm On Nov 15, 2023
If you have used Peugeot 504 with half of the time the gas Guage not working, normal tins.
Re: Have You Ever Ran Out Of Gas While Driving? by SweetDipBenny(m): 3:27pm On Nov 15, 2023
It happened yesterday. There's no shame in it.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Ran Out Of Gas While Driving? by GreatAchiever1: 3:28pm On Nov 15, 2023
2006 Thread, back to da, back to da past samurai Jack, Watch out!
Re: Have You Ever Ran Out Of Gas While Driving? by Woodshot: 3:30pm On Nov 15, 2023
The age of this thread and the last since of the first three or four commenters of this same thread is enough reason to concretely understand that no matter what happens, whether you laugh or cry that life goes on.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Ran Out Of Gas While Driving? by Collysmith: 3:32pm On Nov 15, 2023
FuckingMachine:
The one I know is ran out of sperm while fucking.
Round 3 after pounding for like 30mins I actually came but not a single drop came out.
how did you cum when there's no spam to!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Ran Out Of Gas While Driving? by FuckingMachine: 3:36pm On Nov 15, 2023
Collysmith:
how did you cum when there's no spam to!!!!!

You are not a man, obviously.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Honda Crv 2008/2009 Vs Toyota Highlander 2006/2007 Vs Camry Xle 2008/2009 / Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. / Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.