Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,284 members, 7,954,122 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:43 PM

Gafaru Street In Lagos Flooded After A 12 Hour Rainfall - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gafaru Street In Lagos Flooded After A 12 Hour Rainfall (36808 Views)

VGC Lagos Flooded After Rain Yesterday Evening (Photos) / Satellite Town Road Lagos Flooded After Heavy Rainfall Today / Shopping Mall In Igando, Lagos Flooded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gafaru Street In Lagos Flooded After A 12 Hour Rainfall by redsun(m): 11:36pm On Sep 06, 2016
The only saving grace when it comes to flood in cities like Lagos is because the streets are not paved and most roads are dirt roads. Much of the water tend to absorb into the ground very quickly and in the process causing less destruction.Nigeria is one place where people deliberately throw their day to day household or commercial rubbish into the drains in front of their houses or business centres. It is pure madness.
Re: Gafaru Street In Lagos Flooded After A 12 Hour Rainfall by laytoshtwo: 11:44pm On Sep 06, 2016
cheesy grin They say Lekki is overhyped. grin grin grin grin
Re: Gafaru Street In Lagos Flooded After A 12 Hour Rainfall by KingyKing: 12:35am On Sep 07, 2016
niggi4life:
That Ikotun area should be detached from Lagos abeg.

I visited Ikotun last week to see a colleague and i was amazed by the number of Human Beings on d road, infact the population of people walking from point A to point B was far greater than the cars on d road.. chaii see human traffic and go slow, i think for me that's the most populated place in Lagos and most likely in Nigeria

Or Even Africa sef undecided
Iyana paja nko?
Re: Gafaru Street In Lagos Flooded After A 12 Hour Rainfall by Owilar(m): 12:53am On Sep 07, 2016
Try this out b4 una go swim 4 swimming pole. Small task takes just 30 seconds to complete and end 10$ pay task at your convenience. http://DSmallollarnize.com/?share=381495
Re: Gafaru Street In Lagos Flooded After A 12 Hour Rainfall by ojnnaco(m): 1:01am On Sep 07, 2016
So this is Lagos..
Tufiaaaaa
Re: Gafaru Street In Lagos Flooded After A 12 Hour Rainfall by Jnrbaino4real(m): 2:40am On Sep 07, 2016
Choi! !ambode is working
Re: Gafaru Street In Lagos Flooded After A 12 Hour Rainfall by thesicilian: 2:55am On Sep 07, 2016
cheenway:
The bridge at Alagbole sef now don don ocean. People are using canoe to pass thru
I have heard before that people use canoe to cross that place but I just laughed it off. Is it really true?
Re: Gafaru Street In Lagos Flooded After A 12 Hour Rainfall by fareed69(m): 5:18am On Sep 07, 2016
Tremor007:
the next thing is Asiwaju is the best thing that happened to Nigerian politics, they will even compare him to the great sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, unfortunately for them (APShit supporters), Ibadan was the political headquarter of Chief Awo's operation and the Ibadan of then was like an organized city even in Europe but here we are in modern day century with all the tax, and other means of generating huge revenues Lagos State is churning out this is what the political enclave of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu can offer to the world cry cry cry cry just watch the zombies will soon chant Eko o ni baje oo o they will avoid this beautiful thread like a plague.

So because of this street now he is a failure how about the other once that was done?
Am not a Politician or a Tinubu person at least he must ve done his own part Fashola has spent 8 years after him Ambode almost 2
Re: Gafaru Street In Lagos Flooded After A 12 Hour Rainfall by ancientbanana: 6:50am On Sep 07, 2016
I thought lag was new York
Re: Gafaru Street In Lagos Flooded After A 12 Hour Rainfall by davodyguy: 7:00am On Sep 07, 2016
eastsense:
mr man dont talk what u dont know if u want lagos to say bye bye to things like this just invite holland engineers for about ccc u can check about holland on tube even after hurricane katrina america invites them

You Nairalanders are mostly Jokers.

See Someone saying another should not say what he doesn't know, whereas you are not sure of what to say.

Has that stopped flooding. Here this

'A massive flood swamped parts of southern and eastern Louisiana in August 201[/b]6, the latest in a string of more than a dozen flood events that have affected parts of [b]Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas and Missouri since March 2015.'

'Over a 12-month period ending Aug. 14, 2016, Baton Rouge, Louisiana (98.83 inches), and Bergstrom Airport near Austin, Texas (67.86 inches) had their wettest Aug. 15-Aug. 14 12-month period on record, according to the Southeast Regional Climate Center.'

Mid-Late March 2015

March 12: Streets closed, cars stalled in high water in Shreveport and Bossier City, Louisiana.
March 21: Stalled front lead to training storms near the Texas, southwest Louisiana coast. Numerous cars stalled in high water in Jefferson County, Texas.

April 16-18, 2015

Wall collapsed at recreation building at Sam Houston State University in Huntsville, Texas.
At least 65 homes flooded in Houston.

Anyone of you that comes on this thread to abuse the Lagos government will prove how lowly knowledgeable you are about the environment and environmental science.
Re: Gafaru Street In Lagos Flooded After A 12 Hour Rainfall by OlujobaSamuel: 7:37am On Sep 07, 2016
Excuzeme:

If you think Fashola is bad, just watch this "Clubbing" Amboide and you will see why APC is likely to loose Lagos to a better Opposition than PDP

This Ambode is a special case of ineptitude.
am not so sure the locals in lagos care more about a governor clubbing above the tax and infrastructure theycome in contact with.
Re: Gafaru Street In Lagos Flooded After A 12 Hour Rainfall by MrGerald(m): 8:44am On Sep 07, 2016
Jollyana:
Maybe Lagos isn't that beautiful after all. I'm starting to see their own ghettos just like every other city
Over 70% of Lagos residential areas are ghetto/Slum

1 Like

Re: Gafaru Street In Lagos Flooded After A 12 Hour Rainfall by eastsense(m): 12:32pm On Sep 07, 2016
davodyguy:

You Nairalanders are mostly Jokers.

See Someone saying another should not say what he doesn't know, whereas you are not sure of what to say.

Has that stopped flooding. Here this

'A massive flood swamped parts of southern and eastern Louisiana in August 201[/b]6, the latest in a string of more than a dozen flood events that have affected parts of [b]Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas and Missouri since March 2015.'

'Over a 12-month period ending Aug. 14, 2016, Baton Rouge, Louisiana (98.83 inches), and Bergstrom Airport near Austin, Texas (67.86 inches) had their wettest Aug. 15-Aug. 14 12-month period on record, according to the Southeast Regional Climate Center.'

Mid-Late March 2015

March 12: Streets closed, cars stalled in high water in Shreveport and Bossier City, Louisiana.
March 21: Stalled front lead to training storms near the Texas, southwest Louisiana coast. Numerous cars stalled in high water in Jefferson County, Texas.

April 16-18, 2015

Wall collapsed at recreation building at Sam Houston State University in Huntsville, Texas.
At least 65 homes flooded in Houston.

Anyone of you that comes on this thread to abuse the Lagos government will prove how lowly knowledgeable you are about the environment and environmental science.
so u call those over hyped lekki a world standard city i laff in cambodia, if what happend in katrina God forbid if that happens in lagos just for 10 seconds lagos will seize to exit pls lagos is still 6th world city pls if tokyo can stand every year earthquake then ur talking about ordinary lagoon the way lagoon circled lagos the city dont even need bus cus they can connect lagoon to every parts of lagos just like Amsterdam' but the technology is not there,u travelled out nigeria to europe from london to vienna to madrid abd u still hype nigerian city?ur type made our sitting governors to steal more cus in ur mind they ve transformed ur lagos to dubai or singapore anyways u might be a goverment agent angry
Re: Gafaru Street In Lagos Flooded After A 12 Hour Rainfall by olonadehesreal(m): 12:49pm On Sep 07, 2016
niggi4life:
That Ikotun area should be detached from Lagos abeg.

I visited Ikotun last week to see a colleague and i was amazed by the number of Human Beings on d road, infact the population of people walking from point A to point B was far greater than the cars on d road.. chaii see human traffic and go slow, i think for me that's the most populated place in Lagos and most likely in Nigeria

Or Even Africa sef undecided

some pple r jst so daft, Ikotun shud b detached frm lagos state, nt ur fault anyway, u dnt knw wat owning a house looks like, wn u've been squating wit a friend of urs in a room apartment.
Ikotun is a residential area and alot of economic activities taking place there, the largest Local Govt (Alimosho) in Lagos is locate in Ikotun. This idiot is nw saying trash, :/I pity ur Daddy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate To Suspend Two Senators Sworn In for Niger South / Ikpeazu Gives An Old Woman N1000 (photo) / Saraki Mobbed By Women, Slay Mamas And Slay Queens In Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.