Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate (72939 Views)

Teacher Assaults SS2 Student In Imo After Pestering Her For Sex (Photos) / Benue University Student Threatens To Kill Project Supervisor Over 3rd Class / I Applied For MSc But Foreign Supervisor Said School Is Accepting Me For PhD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate by softwaterspace(m): 6:35pm On Sep 06, 2016
CzarRex:
for what we know,she might have been using the hijab as a cover for cheating in exams..if I may ask why only her,when there are other girls on hijab in the exam hall

I refuse to believe this story until I hear the supervisor's side of the story
She cried after the hijab was removed probably because she needed the hijab for the exam. maybe she used it for preparing for the exam if you know what i mean

1 Like

Re: WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate by freakyhat: 6:35pm On Sep 06, 2016
Granted the Supv actions were out of line.
But must MURIC rope in all Christians by saying this action was engineered by Christian fanatics? What are they trying to achieve?

They must be careful of their utterances as well lest they divide this nation further - except of course it is their intention.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate by HMZi: 6:35pm On Sep 06, 2016
Vastjoy:
The identity of the supervisor should be released and appropriate actions taken against him
so that them go kill am? or what do u tink will happen? bro,chill.

4 Likes

Re: WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate by ojnnaco(m): 6:35pm On Sep 06, 2016
Did I hear the OP say "assault" ??
Muslim all over the world have been a nuisance to the peaceful co-existance of human beings .
Writing such a sensitive exam with such overall in the name of hijab is suspicious,
if Christians are allowed to wear they religious wears to that exam,u think say space go dey. ?

3 Likes

Re: WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate by HomeOfMe(f): 6:37pm On Sep 06, 2016
Alphacrissy:
WAEC SUPERVISOR ASSAULTS FEMALE MUSLIM CANDIDATE
5th September, 2016

MURIC PRESS RELEASE:

WAEC SUPERVISOR ASSAULTS FEMALE MUSLIM CANDIDATE

A female Muslim candidate writing the current examination of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC), Khadijat Eniola Anisere was assaulted by a female supervisor of WAEC at Egan Grammar School, Igando, Lagos State. The incident occurred while candidates were taking biology on Friday, 2nd September, 2016 between 9.30 am and 12 noon.

The WAEC supervisor who was shuttling from one center to the other arrived the center and entered the examination hall where the Muslim girl was seated among many other candidates, clad in hijab. She approached the hijabite and ordered her to remove her hijab. Khadijah pleaded that hijab was her mode of dressing as a Muslim. She further pleaded that she would feel totally naked if she removed the head cover.

Obviously enraged and determined to enforce her illegal command, the WAEC supervisor yanked off the hijab from the poor girl’s head. Khadijah, whose examination was already interrupted, burst into tears. She cried throughout the rest of the examination period and was unable to continue taking the examination. The incident was reported by members of the Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) at the human rights desk in Igando Police Station by 10 am on Saturday, 3rd September 2016.

MURIC strongly condemns this wanton assault on an innocent female Muslim teenager. It is most bizarre, highly barbaric and totally deplorable.

This is a hate attack and a blatant act of Islamophobia. We see it as part of a grand design to retard the progress of Muslim youths. Christian fanatics working in government agencies like WAEC have been instructed by hate preachers to create bottlenecks for Muslim youths by all possible means.

Section 38 (i) & (ii) of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria not only grants freedom of religion but also stipulates its practice and manifestation. Hijab is therefore a legally recognized head cover for female Muslims. The supervisor’s order for the removal of the hijab was unlawful, unconstitutional and therefore ultra vires. The forceful removal of the candidate’s hijab constitutes assault in legal parlance.

The supervisor’s attack on Khadijah Anisere is a breach of Section 13 of the Code of Conduct Bureau and Tribunal Act (1991) which provides ‘’a public officer shall not do or direct to be done, in abuse of his office, any act prejudicial to the rights of any person knowing that such act is unlawful or contrary to any government policy’’

For whereas the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights, Article 4, Clause 1 & 2 affirm that “Human beings are inviolable. Every human being shall be entitled to respect for his life and the integrity of his person”, the WAEC supervisor chose to derobe the innocent Muslim girl in public.

MURIC demands justice for Khadijah Anisere. Nigerian Muslims will not fold their arms and watch their daughters dehumanised by Christian fanatics. WAEC must identify this extremist supervisor and discipline her. People like her are responsible for series of religious crises that have resulted in loss of lives and destruction of properties worth billions of naira. What Nigeria needs most today is peace and stability and our public institutions cannot afford to create unnecessary tension at this point in time. We assert that justice is the soul of peace and whoever denies one can never enjoy the other.

We therefore demand a public statement from WAEC on the supervisor’s identity and the official reprimand failing which WAEC should blame itself for the reaction of Muslims. Nigerian Muslims also want to know what palliative WAEC has in store for the innocent girl who was rudely disturbed during the biology examination. Will she fail biology?

We also appeal to the Federal Ministry of Education to restrain examination bodies from imposing anti-Muslim rules on registration guidelines.

Here lies the real anatomy of terrorism and religious violence. Fanatical officials use their positions to victimize Muslims everyday in Nigeria. The natural corollary can only be likened to smoke from fire.

Nonetheless, we appeal to Muslims throughout the country to remain calm and law abiding as WAEC and the Ministry of Education take steps to address the matter. We advocate dialogue in place of spontaneous or premeditated violence. Muslim youths are warned not to take the law into their hands.

Professor Ishaq Akintola,

Director,

Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC)
http://drishaqakintola..com.ng/2016/09/waec-supervisor-assaults-female-muslim.html
Maybe there should be a separate public school for hijab wearers and separate for secular clothes/uniform. Confusion in Nigeria all in the name of religion,it's nauseating!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate by kabrud: 6:37pm On Sep 06, 2016
HMZi:
The girl is stupid,wearing hijab to exam hall,there are scarfs she can use to cover the hair....
.muslims need to separate religion from state....there own to much sef.
Is that the first time a female candidate is writing exam with hijab? One bigot christian invigilator cannot just come and exhibit her hatred and go free. We shall see the end of this case.

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate by Kings2rule(m): 6:38pm On Sep 06, 2016
I'm surprised the WAEC supervisor is still alive. if this were to be in an open market, you all know what would have happened to her, death sentence, trust Muslims.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate by koolib(m): 6:38pm On Sep 06, 2016
It amazes me to see how people comment based on pure sentiments. The ongoing exam is GCE from all indications and the students are not given uniform for the purpose. there is no known law banning an hijab-wearing lady from writing exams. So why assault the young girl in the name of enforcing discipline? All I know is, the world will know no peace until we respect the personal decisions of others as long as such decisions don't infringe on our own rights.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 06, 2016
Akinaukwa:
I dont support what the Supervisor did but the story has gotten a K leg. How can a Supervisor get into an examination hall, walk straight to only the supposed lady and remove her hijab? I dont believe you, something must have gone wrong. I remember when i was writing my degree examination at the Large lecture theatre, Faculty of Education, University of Ibadan, bros come and see the way bullets were being tactically removed from under the hijab by our muslim ladies, even those toblique guys with unshaved long beards couldnt resist the attempt to embark on same suicide mission. Abeg, tell us the true story.
it happens a lot,u hhave so many pple,but u pick one to serve as scape goat
number two-d issue of cheating happens everywhere,we all have passed thru school at one point.what they do is dat d male invigilators search d males,d female search d females without any discrimination at all
Re: WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate by youngbravian(m): 6:39pm On Sep 06, 2016
Islam all the way embarassed

1 Like

Re: WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate by Ghost447(m): 6:41pm On Sep 06, 2016
VhatAmazingDude:
In my opinion, he should have asked her to choose between the examination and wearing an attire that interferes with smooth running of the examination, just to give her a chance. In his shoes though, I don't think I will allow that. Garments that can conceal suspicious materials are not encouraged. We witnessed even tertiary institutions take examinations in singlets and underwears and aside from general murmurs, no special attention was sought. Does that mean the religion of those affected encourage Nudity?

Religion and Western Education ought not to conflict.

Why do they even need the identity of the supervisor sef? These people keep making themselves suspicious.
They need the identity of the supervisor so that they can behead her.

4 Likes

Re: WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate by kabrud: 6:43pm On Sep 06, 2016
ojnnaco:
Did I hear the OP say "assault" ??
Muslim all over the world have been a nuisance to the peaceful co-existance of human beings .
Writing such a sensitive exam with such overall in the name of hijab is suspicious,
if Christians are allowed to wear they religious wears to that exam,u think say space go dey. ?
Christianity is the worst thing that has ever happened to mankind. This is nothing but naked display of hatred. They started by making a lot of noise that are the muslims not feeling hot under hijab? Later, they call them masquerades and now it has reached the level of physically removing it from them under one guise of exam. These Christians, okay o.

3 Likes

Re: WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate by rasco2000me: 6:43pm On Sep 06, 2016
[quote author=Emeka71 post=49128988]So is the hijab more important than her examination; if she seems to prefer her hijab; people can use that as a means to hide materials; the supervisor on the other hand is very wrong especially if she is a christian; she is supposed to show respect for the muslim religion; Jesus did not teach us to be at war with non-christians but at peace with them. Provided the girl was not cheat ing; she is not supposed to be cruel to the girl.[/ quote] NO MATER HOW U THESE SO CALLED CHRISTIAN INTIMIDATE MUSLIMS U CAN NOT SUCCEED,U CHRISTIAN WILL LOOK FOR TROUBLE WHEN MUSLIM REACT U WE BE THE FIRST TO SHOUT U THESE intolerant people
Re: WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 06, 2016
koolib:
I amazes me to see how people comment based on pure sentiments. The ongoing exam is GCE from all indications and the students are not given uniform for the purpose. there is no known law banning an hijab-wearing lady from writing exams. So why assault the young girl in the name of enforcing discipline? All I know is the world will know no peace until we respect the personal decisions of others as long as such decisions don't infringe on our own rights.
i beg God in his infinite mercies,to not depreciate u in knowledge and wisdom

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate by Fidelismaria: 6:43pm On Sep 06, 2016
Good Serves Her Rite Next Time She No Go Wear Her Masquerade Attire Go Exam Center
Re: WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate by HomeOfMe(f): 6:44pm On Sep 06, 2016
..and she traded her exam for hijab...

1 Like

Re: WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate by tbaba1234: 6:45pm On Sep 06, 2016
Stevosty:
Mind you the invigilator is a female and we have not heard her side of the story, now your prof is already painting a religion assault to it, those that were killed for calling name by your people, your prof, the Christians and constitution have no problem with that, una cup go soon full.

By 'my people'.

First of all, muslim are not monolithic. They are a diverse range of people. Everyone is accountable for their actions.

The other day, a pastor was accused of raping young girls, another was using young girls as prostitutes... Are they your people?

Now, if you feel that is inappropriate analogy, you will be correct. But you have just applied that to me.

Tolerance means that even though you do not agree with a person, you respect and protect their rights.

Bigotry is what you expressed in your post above.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate by kabrud: 6:47pm On Sep 06, 2016
freakyhat:
Granted the Supv actions were out of line.
But must MURIC rope in all Christians by saying this action was engineered by Christian fanatics? What are they trying to achieve?

They must be careful of their utterances as well lest they divide this nation further - except of course it is their intention.

Forget it, the invigilator was just playing out a script written in the church and the muslim community must get to the root of this matter, this I can assure u.

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 06, 2016
kinibigdeal:
Very simple. If the supervisor is persecuted then, CELE, catholic, anglican, K and S etc must be allowed to wear their attires into any examination hall because it will also make dem look naked without it. I have caught my guys severally on bed with all this Alhaja with Hijab. The funiest thing is that, they engage in illicit sex with hijab on.

Nobody is against people of other faiths wearing their religious attires. It is completely within their rights to do so.
After all CAN recently stated that students in public school should wear their robes to school and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. No one should be assaulted or harassed,more so during an exam for wearing a hijab,a robe or any religious attire.
Re: WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate by softwaterspace(m): 6:48pm On Sep 06, 2016
gabazin080:
na inside hijab she keep her expo
GBAMMM..... Thought as much

1 Like

Re: WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 06, 2016
Kings2rule:
I'm surprised the WAEC supervisor is still alive. if this were to be in an open market, you all know what would have happened to her, death sentence, trust Muslims.

i totallly condem what happens in d north but pls make no mistake dat we do not play with issues relating to d female muslim child o.lailai
cus God hiself said he has 'clothed' them with dignity by way of d hijab
Re: WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate by Folzye(m): 6:48pm On Sep 06, 2016
mtchew, because they removed hijab from her head now they want to let hell loose, when they slaughtered people cos of argument and even kidnap chibok girls noise no even reach like this.... Africans will never learn, drop your religious sentiments and face life factually.... if this same girl was told to remove her hijab by the police for search purposes naso she go dey claim stubborn head??

3 Likes

Re: WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate by HaneefahRN(f): 6:49pm On Sep 06, 2016
A supervisor supposedly forcefully pulled off a girl's hijab (an exam in an environment with no uniform code now) but as usual our Association of hypocrites used the opportunity to insult all Muslims.

The way some people behave one would think the hijab was worn on their heads.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate by softie101: 6:49pm On Sep 06, 2016
" For what WE know" please speak for yourself..your report only represents your personal opinion. Therefore stop generalizing. My only prayer is for us to one day eschew prejudice and tribalism which is seriously straining our peaceful co-existence. Thanks

CzarRex:
for what we know,she might have been using the hijab as a cover for cheating in exams..if I may ask why only her,when there are other girls on hijab in the exam hall

I refuse to believe this story until I hear the supervisor's side of the story

1 Like

Re: WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate by kabrud: 6:49pm On Sep 06, 2016
Fidelismaria:
Good Serves Her Rite Next Time She No Go Wear Her Masquerade Attire Go Exam Center
Is that what u people are out for? Okay o. We shall see.
Re: WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate by NotComplaining: 6:51pm On Sep 06, 2016
VhatAmazingDude:
In my opinion, he should have asked her to choose between the examination and wearing an attire that interferes with smooth running of the examination, just to give her a chance. In his shoes though, I don't think I will allow that. Garments that can conceal suspicious materials are not encouraged. We witnessed even tertiary institutions take examinations in singlets and underwears and aside from general murmurs, no special attention was sought. Does that mean the religion of those affected encourage Nudity?

Religion and Western Education ought not to conflict.

Why do they even need the identity of the supervisor sef? These people keep making themselves suspicious.

Here is a classic example of a christians ready to protect their own even when hypocrisy is worded with every sentence they ink down. And for the strangest reason these egotistic dogmatic christians are offended when Muslims rally to the call of their brothers and sisters?

My questions to these sycophants, in your (spiritual) dreams do you see Muslims intellectually enferior? Unable to discern insult from concern? Usually some form of reality perpetuates 'good' dreams, maybe yours are far out of touch.

And usually it is the christians that find mediums to claim their foul play by the Muslims, when blood has spilt. Think carefully before using your hands to spew incitement; it might not be in your favor.
Re: WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate by kabrud: 6:52pm On Sep 06, 2016
HomeOfMe:
..and she traded her exam for hijab...
No problem. She is not desperate. Her concern is the embarrassment and we are proud of her in that regard.

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate by adekayo1234(m): 6:52pm On Sep 06, 2016
The first thing that will split this nation in the nearest future is religion.... Mark my words! I just hate this Muric or is it music of a thing. If only they can display the same fervour against religious fanatics who take laws into their hands at the slightest provocation... Always making a mountain out of an anthill. Some here won't mind murdering the invigilator for what she did. I will continue to repeat that Islam is a religion of blood sucking demons and they won't hesitate to kill if given the opportunity. Thank God this didn't happen in the north

3 Likes

Re: WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate by HaneefahRN(f): 6:52pm On Sep 06, 2016
softwaterspace:
She cried after the hijab was removed probably because she needed the hijab for the exam. maybe she used it for preparing for the exam if you know what i mean

She cried cos she felt humiliated. Not everyone is an orijo carrying numbskull like you, you know?

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 06, 2016
Re: WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate by Youngzedd(m): 6:53pm On Sep 06, 2016
Heads would have been rolling now if it's in the north.
Re: WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 06, 2016
freshvine:

Imagine a tiny Israel isolated by Muslim Arabs yet they dare not provoke them then guess what will happen to the world if Jesus Christ had allow Judaism to propagate instead of Christianity.

How many times was israel defeated by hezbolah(a group, not a country)?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

A Letter On How They Spent Their Christmas Holiday And He Wrote This (Pictures) / Meet The State That Have 15 University In Nigeria / School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.