Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Questions On Belief System - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions On Belief System (610 Views)

A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief / Is Atheism A Belief Or Lack Of Belief / The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Questions On Belief System by Ahmadgani(m): 8:54pm On Sep 06, 2016
Religion is a sacred thing because it is a belief in and also the worshiping of a supernatural, super human controlling power, especially a personal God or gods. Religion is also a system of life. If religion is truly a belief, that means it is a personal relationship between the believer and the believee.
Now to my first question.

Are we practicing religion because of environmental influence or because we really love the religion?

Secondly, if we had grown up to see our parents practicing a religion contrary to that which they are practicing now, would we stick to them or act otherwise?

Thirdly, how sure are we that the men of God standing before us are telling us the whole truth? (I am not an atheist).
I saying this because men of God play a vital role in influencing and shaping our beliefs. Coupling the above questions, I arrived at the conclusion that must people don't really know why they are practicing their religion. The problem does not lies on the mare reading of the holy books rather it lies on the spiritual connection and deep understanding.

I thought of all these because today I witnessed an eleven year old boy switching from one belief to another. The boy was so adamant to the extent he shrugged a threat made on his life.

don't believe because your father does, believe because you really want to. thanks

by Gani Ahmad Umar

(1) (Reply)

Never Do These Seven (7) Things To A Woman / . / Pastor Disguised As A Beggar – The Real Story & Lessons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.