Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,142 members, 7,860,106 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:33 AM

Why I'm Aspiring To Be Edo Governor - APC's Obaseki Reveals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I'm Aspiring To Be Edo Governor - APC's Obaseki Reveals (563 Views)

How Edo Governor, Obaseki, Wasted N2billion On Maize Farming - Aroms Aigbehi / "I Was Hired For ₦1,000, Don't Know Why I'm Here" - Pro-Buhari Protester. Video / I Am Too Big To Be Edo Governor - Ex Jonathan's Aide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I'm Aspiring To Be Edo Governor - APC's Obaseki Reveals by Limitednow: 1:28am On Sep 07, 2016
THE All Progressives Congress governorship candidate for Edo State, Godwin Obaseki, told an estatic crowd of party faithful in Benin-City on Tuesday that President Muhammadu Buhari was his greatest inspiration in his bid to become the next governor of Edo State.

Buhari’s impressive carriage, integrity and excellent performance in office as President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria since 2015, Obaseki noted, were all the factors that propelled him to aspire for the office of governor in the state.

Speaking at the grand-finale of the party’s campaign at the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium, Benin-City, Obaseki pointed out that he would not have joined the governorship race if Buhari were not the President of Nigeria and from whose inspiring leadership he has learnt quite a lot.

He said he looked up to President Buhari as a good role model and whose way of life and particularly his deft handling of public affairs ought to be emulated by all.

“My next inspiration is Comrade Adams Oshiomhole,” Obaseki further revealed, stressing that he was personally impressed by the sterling qualities of the comrade-governor.

Obaseki declared that he was very proud of Comrade Oshiomhole’s performance in office, stressing that the governor has transformed the Edo State in every department of life in the last seven and half years.

He noted further that the comrade governor was the happiest thing that ever happened to Edo State since the advent of the Fourth Republic in 1999.

Obaseki said he was confident of victory in Saturday’s poll given the level of support he enjoys from the electorate across Edo State.

Also speaking at the mega rally, Governor Oshiomohle said he endorsed Obaseki as a possible successor because of the latter’s excellent pedigree as well as the need to ensure continuity in the state’s forward march to greatness.

In his own remarks, President Buhari urged  the people of Edo State to vote for the APC candidate so that he could continue with the good template Governor Oshiomhole had established in the state.

“I personally recommend Godwin Obaseki to the good people of Edo State,” the President said.

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/09/why-im-aspiring-to-be-edo-governor-obaseki/

Lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: Why I'm Aspiring To Be Edo Governor - APC's Obaseki Reveals by Luckymay(f): 1:42am On Sep 07, 2016
Buhari is his role model? Imagine.
Re: Why I'm Aspiring To Be Edo Governor - APC's Obaseki Reveals by Leboska(m): 5:14am On Sep 07, 2016
If buhari is your role model, Edo run for your life.
Re: Why I'm Aspiring To Be Edo Governor - APC's Obaseki Reveals by greatgod2012(f): 5:24am On Sep 07, 2016
Does that means he doesn't have his own personal conviction and ideologies.

Very shallow reasons!
Re: Why I'm Aspiring To Be Edo Governor - APC's Obaseki Reveals by blithe2nice(m): 6:49am On Sep 07, 2016
In all that guy no get sence. I no blame am,body they catch am,because of the many brainless people wen dey support am. Buhari role model,I pity for my state,if he mistake win....
Re: Why I'm Aspiring To Be Edo Governor - APC's Obaseki Reveals by Garshyzee(m): 7:00am On Sep 07, 2016
dull buhari is his role model?this nitwit has slashed his chances of winning by 90%...
Re: Why I'm Aspiring To Be Edo Governor - APC's Obaseki Reveals by NikzonConsult: 7:06am On Sep 07, 2016
Very funny indeed.

Well my people, I have good news for you. You can now save lots of money on your fuel consumption and also make up to N300k as a reseller of this unique product that every car owner must have. Check my signature for instructions to become a reseller.

Re: Why I'm Aspiring To Be Edo Governor - APC's Obaseki Reveals by agwom(m): 7:08am On Sep 07, 2016
Chaji dole! sai baba...
Re: Why I'm Aspiring To Be Edo Governor - APC's Obaseki Reveals by colosa: 7:56am On Sep 07, 2016
Edo pole run run and run oooooo
Re: Why I'm Aspiring To Be Edo Governor - APC's Obaseki Reveals by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 07, 2016
It means this man is on a mission to put Edo state in economic and governmental bondage

Even if you want to make someone from your party your role model, people like Fashola, Okorocha that have performed and Ambode that is performing are there. But you choose Buhari as your role model.

I pity Edo people

(1) (Reply)

Troops Of 33 Brigade Kill 7 Kidnappers And Destroy Their Camps In Bauchi(pics) / I Will Cut Off Your Head: Bokoharam's Threat To Buhari (read Full Transcript) / President Buhari Has No Memory and cannot recollect history- Ffk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.