Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,091 members, 7,814,795 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? (3432 Views)

Winning Anambra Elections Will End Marginalization Of South-east - Oyegun / Dead People At Cameroon-Nigeria Border (Graphic Pics) / Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:06am On Sep 07, 2016
Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal LevelMarginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level; A case study of the Nigerian Military

By Stephen Orkuma

When I saw the list of candidates that were admitted into Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), I laughed. In their orchestrated effort to crush the spirit of the Tiv people, they have ostracised them of all political appointments at the federal level and now they have extended the exclusion to the Military. This is where they got it wrong and they will regret it in the next few years. The success of an army in war depends on the mind of the soldiers. An army of 1000 cowards cannot stand an army of 100 brave men. The Tiv people are natural warriors:

It was not a fluke that the invading jihadists of 1804 to 1808 were crushed by the Tiv people after they conquered the Hausas and Nupes.
It was not a fluke that the Tiv people were the last ethnic group in Nigeria to be conquered by the British. Unlike the expedition in the Benin Kingdom by the British troops in 1897 where the Bini Empire was conquered, three times the British troops came with their gun power in Tiv territory; three times they were crushed by local fighters.
It was not a fluke that after the British used religion to win the Tiv over, they went ahead to recruit most of them for the First World War.
It was not a fluke that the Tiv people supplied the highest number of men in the Western Frontier Forces that fought on the British side in the Second World War.
It was not a fluke that a Tiv man, Col Joseph Akahan (The first Chief of Army Staff) mobilised the Nigerian troops for the civil war; a war he died in.
It was not a fluke that the Tiv people supplied the highest number of men to fight on the Nigerian side in the civil war.
It was not a fluke that the only officer that was able to stand the firepower of Col. Achuzia of the Biafran rebels was Col. Philemon Shande, even when other officers like Col. Olusegun Obasanjo ran away. Col. Philemon Shande was the only Colonel in the Nigerian army that died in the war.
It was not a fluke that Gen. Victor Malu ended the war in Liberia.
It was not a fluke that Gen. Gabriel Kpamber ended the war in Sierra Leone.
It was not a fluke that Major Gideon Orkar refused to mention the names of the soldiers that took part in his revolutionary activity when he was arrested. He died gallantly as a true soldier.
It was not a fluke that Lance Corporal Kenneth Kulugh was decorated with a Purple Heart medal by President Mohammadu Buhari for his bravery against Boko Haram. While his colleagues took to their heels when they were attacked by Boko Haram in Adamawa State, he alone crushed the terrorists. Unfortunately, he is presently in a wheelchair due to the bullet wounds he sustained from the attack.
It is not a fluke that Seaman Amaseimogha Paul of the Nigeria Navy saved the life of his colleagues after stepping on a landmine by alerting them to steer clear as far as they could go. He died while detonating the explosive.
And the list goes on…..

So if Nigeria like they should continue playing politics with the Nigerian Army by injecting cowards and preventing real soldiers from joining. Last year, a General in the Nigeria Army commanding Bama took to his heels immediately he sighted the ragtag Boko Haram army. Some other soldiers also cowardly refused to fight. Let me ask this simple question: Have you ever heard that a Tiv man ran away at the battlefront or the heat of war?

In terms of warfare, the Tiv people are the comparative advantage Nigeria has over other countries. They are natural warriors but the powers that be are trying to stampede them by drastically cutting down the number of Tiv boys that want to join the Nigerian Army.

The country is shooting itself in the foot because when “e set all cowards go take off run”.

.........Culled from a friend's Facebook page.

3 Likes

Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by ojnnaco(m): 10:11am On Sep 07, 2016
At times I wonder if they is anything called FEDERAL CHARACTER anymore in this country..
all the chief securities are MUSLIM NORTH
Is this the government of the north and for the norths alone ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by agwom(m): 10:12am On Sep 07, 2016
chai!
Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:19am On Sep 07, 2016
Wow, if true then this tribe is a brave tribe like the Ijaw tribe. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:21am On Sep 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
You ehhn
Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:23am On Sep 07, 2016
ojnnaco:
At times I wonder if they is anything called FEDERAL CHARACTER anymore in this country..
all the chief securities are MUSLIM NORTH
Is this the government of the north and for the norths alone ?
The federal character commission is just there like what could be best known as 'Atoki' (idol). It's existence is not relevant to the common man.

2 Likes

Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by kettle84(m): 10:30am On Sep 07, 2016
Orkpekyandega:
By Stephen Orkuma

When I saw the list of candidates that were admitted into Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), I laughed. In their orchestrated effort to crush the spirit of the Tiv people, they have ostracised them of all political appointments at the federal level and now they have extended the exclusion to the Military. This is where they got it wrong and they will regret it in the next few years. The success of an army in war depends on the mind of the soldiers. An army of 1000 cowards cannot stand an army of 100 brave men. The Tiv people are natural warriors:

It was not a fluke that the invading jihadists of 1804 to 1808 were crushed by the Tiv people after they conquered the Hausas and Nupes.
It was not a fluke that the Tiv people were the last ethnic group in Nigeria to be conquered by the British. Unlike the expedition in the Benin Kingdom by the British troops in 1897 where the Bini Empire was conquered, three times the British troops came with their gun power in Tiv territory; three times they were crushed by local fighters.
It was not a fluke that after the British used religion to win the Tiv over, they went ahead to recruit most of them for the First World War.
It was not a fluke that the Tiv people supplied the highest number of men in the Western Frontier Forces that fought on the British side in the Second World War.
It was not a fluke that a Tiv man, Col Joseph Akahan (The first Chief of Army Staff) mobilised the Nigerian troops for the civil war; a war he died in.
It was not a fluke that the Tiv people supplied the highest number of men to fight on the Nigerian side in the civil war.
It was not a fluke that the only officer that was able to stand the firepower of Col. Achuzia of the Biafran rebels was Col. Philemon Shande, even when other officers like Col. Olusegun Obasanjo ran away. Col. Philemon Shande was the only Colonel in the Nigerian army that died in the war.
It was not a fluke that Gen. Victor Malu ended the war in Liberia.
It was not a fluke that Gen. Gabriel Kpamber ended the war in Sierra Leone.
It was not a fluke that Major Gideon Orkar refused to mention the names of the soldiers that took part in his revolutionary activity when he was arrested. He died gallantly as a true soldier.
It was not a fluke that Lance Corporal Kenneth Kulugh was decorated with a Purple Heart medal by President Mohammadu Buhari for his bravery against Boko Haram. While his colleagues took to their heels when they were attacked by Boko Haram in Adamawa State, he alone crushed the terrorists. Unfortunately, he is presently in a wheelchair due to the bullet wounds he sustained from the attack.
It is not a fluke that Seaman Amaseimogha Paul of the Nigeria Navy saved the life of his colleagues after stepping on a landmine by alerting them to steer clear as far as they could go. He died while detonating the explosive.
And the list goes on…..

So if Nigeria like they should continue playing politics with the Nigerian Army by injecting cowards and preventing real soldiers from joining. Last year, a General in the Nigeria Army commanding Bama took to his heels immediately he sighted the ragtag Boko Haram army. Some other soldiers also cowardly refused to fight. Let me ask this simple question: Have you ever heard that a Tiv man ran away at the battlefront or the heat of war?

In terms of warfare, the Tiv people are the comparative advantage Nigeria has over other countries. They are natural warriors but the powers that be are trying to stampede them by drastically cutting down the number of Tiv boys that want to join the Nigerian Army.

The country is shooting itself in the foot because when “e set all cowards go take off run”.

.........Culled from a friend's Facebook page.
TIV joined hands with the Hausa/fulani to fight against their christian brothers in the civil war today they are crying. una never see something.u don't belong to the north nor the south,where do you go to or cry to?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:33am On Sep 07, 2016
Orkpekyandega:

You ehhn
But you guys(my Tiv Brothers) have been marginalising others at state level right from the days of old Benue state till date.

See my friend the issue of marginalisation in Nigeria is epidemic, it cuts across every strata. In fact, I can boldly say that every group feel marginalised.

The North including my Fulani, Hausa, Igala, Nupe etc brothers believe that the allocation remitted to them from the national purse is unfair when compared to what Niger Delta states get.

The Niger Delta believe that they deserve MORE than they currently get and feel marginalised. Even in appointment at federal level.

Ogoni feel marginalized in Rivers state.

Ijaws feel marginalized in Ondo, Edo and even Delta state.

Yoruba feel marginalised, Muslims feel marginalised, Christian feel marginalised.

WHO IS MARGINALISING OUR PEOPLE? Answer pls

3 Likes

Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by Kyase(m): 10:36am On Sep 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Which ijaw they are talking about real machismo here man.
Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by kettle84(m): 10:36am On Sep 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
the predominantly Christian tribes of this contraption are brave that is why the jihadists couldn't defeat them in the 1800s.

1 Like

Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by Kyase(m): 10:41am On Sep 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

But you guys(my Tiv Brothers) have been marginalising others at state level right from the days of old Benue state till date.

See my friend the issue of marginalisation in Nigeria is epidemic, it cuts across every strata. In fact, I can boldly say that every group feel marginalised.

The North including my Fulani, Hausa, Igala, Nupe etc brothers believe that the allocation remitted to them from the national purse is unfair when compared to what Niger Delta states get.

The Niger Delta believe that they deserve MORE than they currently get and feel marginalised. Even in appointment at federal level.

Yoruba feel marginalised, Muslims feel marginalised, Christian feel marginalised.

How was that, we didn't. It's Just that the other tribes are too puny to counter the tiv votes In this democracy.
Infact I wanted young alhaji then to become the governor then.
Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by kettle84(m): 10:42am On Sep 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

this is the reason why restructuring is necessary .productive areas must benefit from their God given resources while unproductive areas of this contraption, most strategize to be productive .the current system encourages marginalization.

4 Likes

Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by Kyase(m): 10:43am On Sep 07, 2016
kettle84:
TIV joined hands with the Hausa/fulani to fight against their christian brothers in the civil war today they are crying. una never see something.u don't belong to the north nor the south,where do you go to or cry to?
OK man we don hear not that we're regretting our part in the civil war.
Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by EnEnPeecee: 10:44am On Sep 07, 2016
From the post:

"Let me ask this simple question: Have you ever heard that a Tiv man ran away at the battlefront or the heat of war

In terms of warfare, the Tiv people are the comparative advantage Nigeria has over other countries. They are natural warriors but Yet Fulani people are still on rampage in Tiv communities maiming and raping women as well as killing their so called warriors."

And My Humble Submission:

You are warriors yet Fulani ate killing your people daily.

These your empty chest beating cannot help a matter rather, go back to your people and strategize again on how to tame the beast called ''Fulani KillerMen''

7 Likes

Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by Kyase(m): 10:47am On Sep 07, 2016
kettle84:
the predominantly Christian tribes of this contraption are brave that is why the jihadists couldn't defeat them in the 1800s.
Tell am
Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by Kyase(m): 10:49am On Sep 07, 2016
EnEnPeecee:
Let me ask this simple question: Have you ever heard that a Tiv man ran away at the battlefront or the heat of war?

In terms of warfare, the Tiv people are the comparative advantage Nigeria has over other countries. They are natural warriors but Yet Fulani people are still on rampage in Tiv communities maiming and raping women as well as killing their so called warriors.

These your empty chest beating cannot help a matter rather, go back to your people and strategize again on how to tame the beast called ''Fulani KillerMen''
Not chest beating here Oga, just a reality.
Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:51am On Sep 07, 2016
Kyase:

Which ijaw they are talking about real machismo here man.
Bro, what do you mean? do you know the role of the Ijawman Adaka Boro played in the Civil War? What about Ijaw youths that forced were fundamental to the adoption of 13% derivation after they declared their Bill of Right in 1998 in Kaiama, Bayelsa state and even paid with their blood for it?

Ijaws are brave

2 Likes

Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by kettle84(m): 10:52am On Sep 07, 2016
Kyase:

OK man we don hear not that we're regretting our part in the civil war.
you don't regret your part in the civil war,Hausa/Fulani won't give out the only job beside farming in the middle belt -soldier work.

3 Likes

Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by EnEnPeecee: 10:53am On Sep 07, 2016
Kyase:

Not chest beating here Oga, just a reality.
And how has such reality translates to victory over fulani massacre of your kinsmen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:53am On Sep 07, 2016
kettle84:
Is there any Christian tribe in Nigeria?
Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:58am On Sep 07, 2016
Kyase:

How was that, we didn't. It's Just that the other tribes are too puny to counter the tiv votes In this democracy.
Infact I wanted young alhaji then to become the governor then.
That's the problem. you see that though you aren't wrong, you aren't entirely right.

The truth is that people vote based on their Tiv man when others are in the race, but when it is Tiv vs Tiv then it becomes entirely out of choice.

Bro democracy is not about suppressing the aspirations of minority group but protecting the interests of all groups. The way out is decentralization of power into regions/ethnic nations like the Spanish and Bosnia model.

1 Like

Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by Kyase(m): 10:58am On Sep 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Bro, what do you mean? do you know the role of the Ijawman Adaka Boro played in the Civil War? What about Ijaw youths that forced were fundamental to the adoption of 13% derivation after they declared their Bill of Right in 1998 in Kaiama, Bayelsa state and even paid with their blood for it?

Ijaws are brave
Not disputing that but everybody get senior.
Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by babyfaceafrica: 11:02am On Sep 07, 2016
Everyone is marginalized
Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by Kyase(m): 11:03am On Sep 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

That's the problem. you see that though you aren't wrong, you aren't entirely right.

The truth is that people vote based on their Tiv man when others are in the race, but when it is Tiv vs Tiv then it becomes entirely out of choice.

Bro democracy is not about suppressing the aspirations of minority group but protecting the interests of all groups. The way out is decentralization of power into regions/ethnic nations like the Spanish and Bosnia model.
Did you read where I side I always prefer young alahi to the other contestants?
Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by KINGwax007(m): 11:08am On Sep 07, 2016
*collects mic from op*

Abeg... Which one be 'thief people' again?

Sorry, 'tiv peple', na im I wan say.

Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by kettle84(m): 11:10am On Sep 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

is your tribe mostly made up of moslem people? if yes,then it is predominantly moslem. vise versa
Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:11am On Sep 07, 2016
kettle84:
this is the reason why restructuring is necessary .productive areas must benefit from their God given resources while unproductive areas of this contraption, most strategize to be productive .the current system encourages marginalization.
Absolutely correct on restructuring but it shouldn't be on the basis of resources considering long term effect.

The most important of relative political stability and effective management of resources.
Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:14am On Sep 07, 2016
Kyase:

Did you read where I side I always prefer young alahi to the other contestants?
Well that is you as an individual, no doubt. But what about 55-60% of your people? I'm not saying that voting a non-tribesman is a show of non-tribalism, I'm just saying that tribe should not be what influence our choice
Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by Kyase(m): 11:16am On Sep 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Well that is you as an individual, no doubt. But what about 55-60% of your people? I'm not saying that voting a non-tribesman is a show of non-tribalism, I'm just saying that tribe should not be what influence our choice
Then democracy is made for Nigerians.
Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by walemoney007(m): 11:17am On Sep 07, 2016
This country matter just tire person embarassed
Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by Kyase(m): 11:17am On Sep 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

None
Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:17am On Sep 07, 2016
kettle84:
is your tribe mostly made up of moslem people? if yes,then it is predominantly moslem. vise versa
Christianity as a religion like Islam was sold to us and adopted by some of us, it isn't a tribe. in fact, we most times uphold the religion alongside our traditional tenet.

That is why most people do Traditional wedding and Church Wedding. Even in Burial we observe traditional rites irrespective of religion.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Now That The North Has Dumped SW: SE Be Wise / Thousands Of Moroccans Welcome Buhari (photo) / INEC Chairman Replies Oshiomhole About Postponing Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.