Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,754 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? (3470 Views)

Winning Anambra Elections Will End Marginalization Of South-east - Oyegun / Dead People At Cameroon-Nigeria Border (Graphic Pics) / Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by Kyase(m): 11:19am On Sep 07, 2016
KINGwax007:
*collects mic from op*

Abeg... Which one be 'thief people' again?

Sorry, 'tiv peple', na im I wan say.

Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by kettle84(m): 11:31am On Sep 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Christianity as a religion like Islam was sold to us and adopted by some of us, it isn't a tribe. in fact, we most times uphold the religion alongside our traditional tenet.

That is why most people do Traditional wedding and Church Wedding. Even in Burial we observe traditional rites irrespective of religion.
there is nothing like a moslem tribe but there is what is known as predominantly moslem tribe in English language.

weather or not Christianity or Islam was imported,doesn't make a difference. any tribe haven embraced either religions above 90% is predominant of that religion.
e.g a predominantly Christian community, predominantly Christian country, predominantly Christian tribe e .t c
Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:56am On Sep 07, 2016
kettle84:
there is nothing like a moslem tribe but there is what is known as predominantly moslem tribe in English language.

weather or not Christianity or Islam was imported,doesn't make a difference. any tribe haven embraced either religions above 90% is predominant of that religion.
e.g a predominantly Christian community, predominantly Christian country, predominantly Christian tribe e .t c
This defies logic bro. Not even Fulani is described as Islamic tribe, not even the Arabs. Jesus of Nazareth.

A tribe has root in origin, a religion is adopted based on choice. A tribe is never adopted but acquired from birth.

Roger Miller once told Samuel Etoo that being a Spanish citizen(with Spanish passport) doesn't make you Spanish.

Once again there is something called PREDOMINANT religion meaning such religion is mostly practised but that doesn't make any religion to be tribal.

Religion is adopted by individuals, tribe is acquired by birth.

Religion can be changed but NOT tribe!

you have learnt something, DM me to collect your certificate

BTW no tribe in Nigeria has adopted CHRISTIANITY
Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by Aufbauh(m): 12:09pm On Sep 07, 2016
Kyase:

How was that, we didn't. It's Just that the other tribes are too puny to counter the tiv votes In this democracy.
Infact I wanted young alhaji then to become the governor then.

You're economical with the truth. So what majority tribe did Oshomiole and Okowa came from in Edo and Delta states respectively before they won their election?
Democracy is not necessarily about equality but equity. It's all about concession and not brutality.
Since the existence of Benue state in 1976,the tivs have not seen any worthy Idoma or Igede sons to entrust the governorship on concession.

I know the writer is indirectly referring to the Idoma dominance in the military intake,the tivs could as well use their population to dominate at the federal level.
In life you can't have it all your way,so the writer should look inward for he that seek equity must do equity and of course equity lean against double portion.

cc: TonyeBarcanista
Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by jpphilips(m): 12:18pm On Sep 07, 2016
Orkpekyandega:
Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal LevelMarginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level; A case study of the Nigerian Military

By Stephen Orkuma

When I saw the list of candidates that were admitted into Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), I laughed. In their orchestrated effort to crush the spirit of the Tiv people, they have ostracised them of all political appointments at the federal level and now they have extended the exclusion to the Military. This is where they got it wrong and they will regret it in the next few years. The success of an army in war depends on the mind of the soldiers. An army of 1000 cowards cannot stand an army of 100 brave men. The Tiv people are natural warriors:

It was not a fluke that the invading jihadists of 1804 to 1808 were crushed by the Tiv people after they conquered the Hausas and Nupes.
It was not a fluke that the Tiv people were the last ethnic group in Nigeria to be conquered by the British. Unlike the expedition in the Benin Kingdom by the British troops in 1897 where the Bini Empire was conquered, three times the British troops came with their gun power in Tiv territory; three times they were crushed by local fighters.
It was not a fluke that after the British used religion to win the Tiv over, they went ahead to recruit most of them for the First World War.
It was not a fluke that the Tiv people supplied the highest number of men in the Western Frontier Forces that fought on the British side in the Second World War.
It was not a fluke that a Tiv man, Col Joseph Akahan (The first Chief of Army Staff) mobilised the Nigerian troops for the civil war; a war he died in.
It was not a fluke that the Tiv people supplied the highest number of men to fight on the Nigerian side in the civil war.
It was not a fluke that the only officer that was able to stand the firepower of Col. Achuzia of the Biafran rebels was Col. Philemon Shande, even when other officers like Col. Olusegun Obasanjo ran away. Col. Philemon Shande was the only Colonel in the Nigerian army that died in the war.
It was not a fluke that Gen. Victor Malu ended the war in Liberia.
It was not a fluke that Gen. Gabriel Kpamber ended the war in Sierra Leone.
It was not a fluke that Major Gideon Orkar refused to mention the names of the soldiers that took part in his revolutionary activity when he was arrested. He died gallantly as a true soldier.
It was not a fluke that Lance Corporal Kenneth Kulugh was decorated with a Purple Heart medal by President Mohammadu Buhari for his bravery against Boko Haram. While his colleagues took to their heels when they were attacked by Boko Haram in Adamawa State, he alone crushed the terrorists. Unfortunately, he is presently in a wheelchair due to the bullet wounds he sustained from the attack.
It is not a fluke that Seaman Amaseimogha Paul of the Nigeria Navy saved the life of his colleagues after stepping on a landmine by alerting them to steer clear as far as they could go. He died while detonating the explosive.
And the list goes on…..

So if Nigeria like they should continue playing politics with the Nigerian Army by injecting cowards and preventing real soldiers from joining. Last year, a General in the Nigeria Army commanding Bama took to his heels immediately he sighted the ragtag Boko Haram army. Some other soldiers also cowardly refused to fight. Let me ask this simple question: Have you ever heard that a Tiv man ran away at the battlefront or the heat of war?

In terms of warfare, the Tiv people are the comparative advantage Nigeria has over other countries. They are natural warriors but the powers that be are trying to stampede them by drastically cutting down the number of Tiv boys that want to join the Nigerian Army.

The country is shooting itself in the foot because when “e set all cowards go take off run”.

.........Culled from a friend's Facebook page.

The dark side of Tribalism is that it takes away ratiocination and leaves you with the mental sagacity of a near imbec!le.
Col Olusegun Obasanjo was the Man who captured and beat Achuzie to pulp. col Shande like you said died in the hands of Achuzie or in an attempt to capture him, what kinda ridiculous thought process assigned heroism to Shande, are you guys naturally dumb or the spirit of daftness is hovering over Nigeria of late?
Maybe if you had any education to study operation Barras, you may be lucky to understand how the Liberian conflict ended, contrary to your clownish claims.
Irresponsible people, tribe before nation.
Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by ComrdDRS: 12:21pm On Sep 07, 2016
EnEnPeecee:
From the post:

"Let me ask this simple question: Have you ever heard that a Tiv man ran away at the battlefront or the heat of war

In terms of warfare, the Tiv people are the comparative advantage Nigeria has over other countries. They are natural warriors but Yet Fulani people are still on rampage in Tiv communities maiming and raping women as well as killing their so called warriors."

And My Humble Submission:

You are warriors yet Fulani ate killing your people daily.

These your empty chest beating cannot help a matter rather, go back to your people and strategize again on how to tame the beast called ''Fulani KillerMen''
. Yea, u can say that but you can't be so sure of what is on the ground. My brother if the kind of machinery and force that the foolanis hired against Benue went to yoruba or igboland no one 'll stand it.... Beside we never run from them, ask them even them do confess. But I tell you if a Tiv man got those machinery, it 'll be foolanis that 'll cry. Guy this foolanis fight against Tiv was a well organised one, it was happening in all angles, both in appointment from federal government and any other place you can think of. Tiv people have been marganised in all aspect in this country by Hausa/foolanis, Because the know we re the only people that can liberate Northern Christians. They know if Tiv re strong they 'll not allow many things like marginalization of Christians in thee North. WE NO OUR OUR SUFFERING, WE KNOW OUR FIGHT. IF ANY TRIBE FACE WHAT A TIV MAN IS FACING THEY 'LL NOT SURVIVE IT.... AS I SAID WE KNOW WHAT WE FACE........ ONLY GOD DEY HELP US.......
Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:26pm On Sep 07, 2016
Aufbauh:

You're economical with the truth. So what majority tribe did Oshomiole and Okowa came from in Edo and Delta states respectively before they won their election?
Democracy is not necessarily about equality but equity. It's all about concession and not brutality.
Since the existence of Benue state in 1976,the tivs have not seen any worthy Idoma or Igede sons to entrust the governorship on concession.

I know the writer is indirectly referring to the Idoma dominance in the military intake,the tivs could as well use their population to dominate at the federal level.
In life you can't have it all your way,so the writer should look inward for he that seek equity must do equity and of course equity lean against double portion.

Exactly my point.

The issue of marginalisation is epidermic in this country. Majority within minority marginalise minorities.

The Tivs should first realise that others have right to lead even in minority and the Idomas should stop marginalising the Igede and co at Federal level because they have Mark and others. Is it not funny that while the Igalas cried Marginalisation in Old Benue state, they adopted same format in the new Kogi state. I can bet you that if election is to hold in Kogi tomorrow, an Igalaman will win irrespective of the credential or antecedent of non Igala aspirants.

My brother it is everywhere and perpetrated by every majority
Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

But you guys(my Tiv Brothers) have been marginalising others at state level right from the days of old Benue state till date.

See my friend the issue of marginalisation in Nigeria is epidemic, it cuts across every strata. In fact, I can boldly say that every group feel marginalised.

The North including my Fulani, Hausa, Igala, Nupe etc brothers believe that the allocation remitted to them from the national purse is unfair when compared to what Niger Delta states get.

The Niger Delta believe that they deserve MORE than they currently get and feel marginalised. Even in appointment at federal level.

Ogoni feel marginalized in Rivers state.

Ijaws feel marginalized in Ondo, Edo and even Delta state.

Yoruba feel marginalised, Muslims feel marginalised, Christian feel marginalised.

WHO IS MARGINALISING OUR PEOPLE? Answer pls
Endemic oga Tonye not epidemic, be careful oo, u be my man dat year grin epidemic is an outbreak while endemic has always been there eg Malaria is endemic in Africa

1 Like

Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:35pm On Sep 07, 2016
ovadozes:
Endemic oga Tonye not epidemic, be careful oo, u be my man dat year grin
I used "epidemic" to relate it to a disease within the context.

I remain your man any day
Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by ComrdDRS: 12:43pm On Sep 07, 2016
Aufbauh:

I understand Your pain and hate. But, is that why you forget ur primary English teachers instructions on starting a noun word with a capital letter? I see the bitterness already, why start Tiv with a small, letter and others with a capital letter?
Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

I ve modified it with an example bro, it was a a course in my final year sir, go check it up, after all u re a politician not a health practitioner
Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:57pm On Sep 07, 2016
ovadozes:

I ve modified it with an example bro, it was a a course in my final year sir, go check it up, after all u re a politician not a health practitioner
Seen, apologies for misusing your Health jargon, perhaps I'd have had my license taken away if I was a practitioner in the health profession. Thank God for me o

1 Like

Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by banki(m): 1:03pm On Sep 07, 2016
kettle84:
this is the reason why restructuring is necessary .productive areas must benefit from their God given resources while unproductive areas of this contraption, most strategize to be productive .the current system encourages marginalization.

that's why a state like bayelsa
with one of the highest allocation from federation account
small population
nndc intervention
13%derivation
ministry of niger delta
royalties from oil companies
royalties from brass nlng
etc

cannot afford to pay salaries.....cannot undertake meaningful projects, cannot do anything
including paying salaries, still go cap in hand to collect bail out and then fail to pay salaries, my brothers and sisters this call for restructuring get as e be....

1 Like

Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by Kyase(m): 1:35pm On Sep 07, 2016
Aufbauh:

Oshi and okowa seems worthy to their people.
If the idoma can bring any worthy candidate I will personally campaign for him, if only the former deputy governor contested I will have done that.
Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by Curlieweed: 2:03pm On Sep 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Guy, you are not a native English speaker. If a good samaritan is kind enough to offer some much needed help, it is churlish to reject it.
Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by kettle84(m): 3:06pm On Sep 07, 2016
banki:

that's why a state like bayelsa
with one of the highest allocation from federation account
small population
nndc intervention
13%derivation
ministry of niger delta
royalties from oil companies
royalties from brass nlng
etc

cannot afford to pay salaries.....cannot undertake meaningful projects, cannot do anything
including paying salaries, still go cap in hand to collect bail out and then fail to pay salaries, my brothers and sisters this call for restructuring get as e be....

my bro,the thing tire me. when you look at Beyelsa state and Anambra.you may begin to wonder what is wrong. one receives money from oil and has even produced a president yet can't pay salaries while the other don't produce oil but pays salaries.
Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by Orkpekyandega(m): 9:41pm On Sep 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

But you guys(my Tiv Brothers) have been marginalising others at state level right from the days of old Benue state till date.

See my friend the issue of marginalisation in Nigeria is epidemic, it cuts across every strata. In fact, I can boldly say that every group feel marginalised.

The North including my Fulani, Hausa, Igala, Nupe etc brothers believe that the allocation remitted to them from the national purse is unfair when compared to what Niger Delta states get.

The Niger Delta believe that they deserve MORE than they currently get and feel marginalised. Even in appointment at federal level.

Ogoni feel marginalized in Rivers state.

Ijaws feel marginalized in Ondo, Edo and even Delta state.

Yoruba feel marginalised, Muslims feel marginalised, Christian feel marginalised.

WHO IS MARGINALISING OUR PEOPLE? Answer pls
Do you know what it means for the whole tribe not get into the Military for a considerable number of years?.

It looks like you do not understand what am talking about.
Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by andrilgodwin: 12:11am On Sep 08, 2016
Can the Tivs show example by zoning the governorship to the Idomas for once? The Tivs marginalize the Idomas at the state level and still feel cheated at the achievements of the Idomas at the Federal level. Let the Tivs know it today, the Idomas have proved over time to be better administrators than the Tivs. The Idomas man has excelled at all appointments at the Federal level and the Tiv man is still struggling to bring Makurdi at per with other state Capitals created same time. Learn
Re: Marginalization Of Tiv People At The Federal Level, Politics of Witchhunting? by ComrdDRS: 12:40am On Sep 08, 2016
andrilgodwin:
Can the Tivs show example by zoning the governorship to the Idomas for once? The Tivs marginalize the Idomas at the state level and still feel cheated at the achievements of the Idomas at the Federal level. Let the Tivs know it today, the Idomas have proved over time to be better administrators than the Tivs. The Idomas man has excelled at all appointments at the Federal level and the Tiv man is still struggling to bring Makurdi at per with other state Capitals created same time. Learn
Can the Idomas allocates the senate seat to Igede? Excell kwa? Mark or Aba moro who killed our children for immigration? TIV PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW THEIR FIGHT BY NOW. THE FOOLANIS AND HAUSA RE SCARED OF TIV . THEY THOUGHT IF TIV RE STRONG IS 'LL SPELL DOOM FOR THEM. WE KNOW ALL THIS, IDOMAS RE NOT A THREAT, YOU RE ONLY ENJOYING IT CAUSE IT MUST COME TO BENUE.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019: CAN Calls On Christians To Stone Pastor Bakare For Playing With God’s Name / Why I Disagree With Bill Gates On Nigeria Economic Recovery Growth Plan. / Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Completes Exposure On ‘jubril’ With 12 Pictorial Evidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.