Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

10 DAYS WITHOUT THIS, CAN KILL YOU! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 DAYS WITHOUT THIS, CAN KILL YOU! (530 Views)

Depression Will Kill You, If You Don't Know This About Your Life! / Sudden Death: 4 Ways Sex Can Kill You (Pics) / Doctors Gave Her 10 Days To Live. Now A Year Has Passed And She's Still Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 DAYS WITHOUT THIS, CAN KILL YOU! by DJurry(m): 12:34pm On Sep 07, 2016
Wouldn't You Like To Read My Story About My Bittersweet Experiences With The STAPH Infection? Walk With Me To >> https://www.nairaland.com/3329664/story-what-must-know-free

REDTrio || #theHealthDiary©

It has been a long, stressful Wednesday for Boniface, the Danfo Driver. He did ask for it though!

On Tuesday, a day before, the profits he made, driving through the streets of Lagos with Amadi, his conductor, was pitiful.

He shivered at the thought of the "Agbeeros" (tax-collecting louts) holding his neck. He gulped at the thought of his nagging wife, holding his trousers in return for money to feed the "full house".

Mustering the will, Boniface woke up by 4am and worked aggressively throughout that Wednesday till 12am! His profits were great, eventually! He wanted that more than anything else.

He drove home, late that night, as tired as a rock and went straight to bed after "settling" his wife. "Work go continue, 4am tomorrow", he muttered.

It's Thursday morning! Boniface jumps out of bed, in response to a loud bang at the door. The house is empty. And the time is 8am!

**|//\\|**

There is an adage, culled from the Bible, which says that the stone the builders rejected, has become the cornerstone! I must inform you right away that SLEEP, is like that cornerstone.

If people were asked to list out the factors required to succeed in life, I'm pretty sure most won't mention Sleep! I doubt if you would too.. It certainly shouldn't be the case!

Fast-Fact: You'll die from sleep deprivation before food deprivation. For an able person, it takes 2 weeks to starve but 10 days without sleep can kill you! - PsychologyDegree.Net

This age-old activity called Sleep, is non-negotiable and your body knows this; so it does all it can to make you doze off when the "red lights" are blinking! Unfortunately, we have the power to control when we Sleep and this can be to our downfall!

Why Is Sleep So Important? What Happens When You're Out? What Was Happening To Boniface, While He Was Dozing Off?

Simply put, when you sleep, your body activates the construction factory in you! And the role of this activation is to kick-start the process of building & repairing YOU, on a cellular level... This is the time, your body dedicates to disposing worn-out cells (old soldiers), renewing existing cells (soldiers with potential) & growing new cells (recruits).

If enough time is not given for this complex process, you'll feel the weakness during the day as your body won't be well "armed" to take you through the day's battle!

You May Wonder. Why Did Boniface Wake Up Late?

There are 2 reasons why he woke up late; reasons that will be of immense benefit to you if you understand them!

Firstly, his mind was at rest! Having made sufficient profits to settle the "big boys" and his daunting wife, nothing weighed his mind so SLEEP took over fully. And this is healthy for him, even though he woke up, 8am!

More often than not, people who suffer from Insomnia (Inability To Sleep) are observed to be going through either an exciting or debilitating phase in their lives. I explained this aspect, in depth, in an audio series I'll be launching soon, for my Health LOVERS.

Secondly, his body was virtually "drained" out! Sleeping is meant to recharge you in preparation for another day of work. However, if you work beyond normal, your energy levels go below 0%, leaving your body no choice but to make you sleep, longer!

So, dear Nairalander. Do you desire to enjoy great health, strength & long life? Let sufficient SLEEP be on your list of factors for a successful life!

And uhmm, with regard to the loud bang on the door in Boniface's empty apartment, I'll leave it to your imagination!

Wouldn't You Like To Read My Story About My Bittersweet Experiences With The STAPH Infection? Walk With Me To >> https://www.nairaland.com/3329664/story-what-must-know-free

Become! Do It Now! Make It Happen!!!

(1) (Reply)

BODY METABOLISM - What You Need To Stay Healthy / You're Not Sick; You're Thirsty. Don't Treat Thirst With Medication / What Your Hair Says About Your Health Condition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.