Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,909 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo (8159 Views)

Disadvantages Of .NG Domain Names? / Which Is A Better Domain Extension .co Or .net / What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by techinfong: 7:34am On Sep 08, 2016
See you,see what i bolded,i even included it in my posts
yusufu16:

Stop misleading people please. tell me vanguard ng r.com, naij .com, thisdaylive.com, premiumtimes ng .com are not nigerian sites.
What does NG Stands for?
Ghana i think
Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by frugal(m): 7:34am On Sep 08, 2016
techinfong:

And anyone that doesn't geo-target,how are they ranked based on country?
You don't necessarily have to. Content & audience. Might I add, influence.
Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by techinfong: 7:39am On Sep 08, 2016
Why placing content above Audience,audience is what they consider first.
If you copy copy and copy with many hits,you will top the search that's all. Any other rankings follow
frugal:

You don't necessarily have to. Content & audience. Might I add, influence.
Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by kelvinnaira: 7:42am On Sep 08, 2016
Smh

1. U can local target via geo targerting... Or preferably, just add the Nigeria keyword on ur post title@d end..

2. National honour is given by FG

3. Research has it that .com is the most memorable domain extension ever.

4. 15k compared to 2.5k isnt ::::::::

5. You have just limited ur growth potential.. Wonder why some hot cake domains are still available? Ie. Sex.ng tech.ng buzz.ng man.ng etc.. The values in .com is worth millions of dollars..

Anyway sha.. Keep up the good work, just get facts right b4 postinf.. A good article is one throughly researched and has citations of other research result.

Regards,
kelvin
Final note... @OP.. Domain extension influences seo bt only for local business nt a blog or global web.. The last time i typed 'Nigerian news' the 1st result was a foreign website that had d Nigerian news as a live feed page where it automatically takes news from all 9ja news portal

1 Like

Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by techinfong: 7:43am On Sep 08, 2016
The only part where i may get it wrong was the CHEAP AND AFFORDABLE . Domain prices varies
Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by tonyx4x44(m): 7:45am On Sep 08, 2016
kelvinnaira:
Smh

Honestly
Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by techinfong: 7:52am On Sep 08, 2016
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 08, 2016
techinfong:
Many do ask for the reasons why many don't go for .ng,well i really think everyone want to copy facebook twitter because they use .com,you are wrong that's because they deal with countries not country.

Well let me give you the reasons why you should use .ng extension

1.Local Targeting : Probably you don't know S.e.o. Favour those using local extensions i.e. Their country's main extension e.g. .ng,.co.za e.t.c.
Search engines use it to serve their users better,for example search for anything like BUHARI NIGERIAN .
The only way .com purchasers can beat .ng purchasers was if nigeria was included as part of the domain nairaland.com,naijatechguide.com.
Another sites without ng extension may not make it

2.National Honour and Pride : Who noticed that most organisations in the UK prefer .co.uk to .com ? It is a matter of loyalty to your nation. It is obvious that if we can get our own webmasters to use our own .ng extension, then, it will be awesome for our National pride.

3.Easily memorable : Arguably .ng is the most memorable extension in Nigeria due to its shortness and the fact that ng is the shortest abbreviation for Nigeria.
It will be so easy for your users to remember

4.It is cheap and affordable : Despite the fact that .ng Extension has many benefits,it is cheap and affordable and can be purchased from any top registrars in Nigeria.
It is not expected to be above #2,500

5.Webusers will easily know that it's a Nigerian website : There will be no need for people to start using webmaster tools to check if it your website is for Nigerians or not,the extension already explained that

source : http://techinfo.com.ng/2016/09/02/benefits-using-ng-domain-extension/
What of XYZnigeria.com? I think I'd prefer this to a dot ng because it's more nationalistic than a dot ng. As a matter of fact, that's how I registered my company's website.
Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by yusufu16: 8:07am On Sep 08, 2016
techinfong:
See you,see what i bolded,i even included it in my posts
What does NG Stands for?
Ghana i think

Tell me Wikipedia is a Nigerian website. It's no 1 on Google.
Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by lucarella: 8:13am On Sep 08, 2016
You all need to understand the relationships between domain extensions and content. There is a very fine line in terms of SEO. However, .ng domain extensions are usually (or ought to be) favoured when searching from a nigerian Google extension (google.com.ng). Most times, when websites with .com extensions are ranked higher are usually due to lack of competition with the .com extensions. Remember that Google Search's main aim is to provide the most relevant content to it's audience. So in cases where .ng domains aren't doing so well in terms of content compared to their respective .com domains (with the same keywords and in the same niche), Google will rank .com domains higher.

Sites like vanguard, naij, thisdaylive etc, benefit from Google Search due to their large volume of daily content, but a lot of their visits are actually attributed to direct traffic (i.e A lot of people know these sites and have bookmarked them on their browsers). Domain popularity is high and Google will do the needful. If you get a .ng domain with an equally large volume of relevant content, be sure that Google.com.ng will rank that domain higher than these sites.
That being said, SEO isn't about just domain extensions, relevant content is also very key. Your expensive .ng domains will mean nothing without good content. Remember Google Panda is an algorithm and algorithms follow patterns, not extensions.
Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by techinfong: 8:14am On Sep 08, 2016
kelvinnaira:
Smh

1. U can local target via geo targerting... Or preferably, just add the Nigeria keyword on ur post title@d end..
Everytime?

2. National honour is given by FG [
You mean?

3.[s]Research has it that .com is the most memorable domain extension ever[/s].
Am quite sure it was sport minister that did the reasearch

4. 15k compared to 2.5k isnt ::::::::
This is the only point where i can at least agree with you
5. You have just limited ur growth potential.. Wonder why some hot cake domains are still available? Ie. Sex.ng tech.ng buzz.ng man.ng etc.. [s]The values in .com is worth millions of dollars..[/s]
Value like?

Anyway sha.. Keep up the good work, just get facts right b4 postinf.. A good article is one throughly researched and has citations of other research result.

You sef didn't research before b4 postinf crap

Regards,
kelvin
Final note... @OP.. Domain extension influences seo bt only for local business nt a blog or global web.. The last time i typed 'Nigerian news' the 1st result was a foreign website that had d Nigerian news as a live feed page where it automatically takes news from all 9ja news portal

Damn it!! You ought to have researched this isn't 2go or whatsapp undecided
Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by techinfong: 8:18am On Sep 08, 2016
adewasco2k ? Point out my mistakes
Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by techinfong: 8:20am On Sep 08, 2016
No alternatives so far for wikipedia in Nigeria so we have to Take it or leave it
yusufu16:

Tell me Wikipedia is a Nigerian website. It's no 1 on Google.
Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by adewasco2k(m): 8:23am On Sep 08, 2016
techinfong:
adewasco2k ?
Point out my mistakes

I already did.

.ng TLD is 15k and can't be considered cheap and affordable.

People going with domain hacks like techng.com and similar sites do that because the .ng is expensive
Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by styles2009: 8:25am On Sep 08, 2016
adewasco2k:
@OP you say it's cheap? You are a dreamer.

.com.ng is N1,500
.ng isN15,000

Get your facts right.
I was like is the Op aware of the price of .ng domain name?
15000 naira and not 1200 naira as claimed.
If only the ministry of information would set the price of .ng domain at 1500-3000 naira as this would increase usage and revenues yearly for the government.
As for me I'll stick to .com domains as it's cheaper.
Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by lordsiki: 8:26am On Sep 08, 2016
adewasco2k:

.com.ng is N1,500
.ng isN15,000

Get your facts right.

i was wondering where he saw it for N2500
Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by ElTommyBlaq(m): 8:27am On Sep 08, 2016
Only .Ng or .com.ng?? because only .ng is over #13000
Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by techinfong: 8:37am On Sep 08, 2016
adewasco2k:

I already did.

.ng TLD is 15k and can't be considered cheap and affordable.

People going with domain hacks like techng.com and similar sites do that because the .ng is expensive
cool cool
Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by jonnyboy4u: 9:04am On Sep 08, 2016
Get .ng extensions for N13,000 from QServers.net

Enjoy.
Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by teemy(m): 9:24am On Sep 08, 2016
techinfong:

5.Webusers will easily know that it's a Nigerian website : There will be no need for people to start using webmaster tools to check if it your website is for Nigerians or not,the extension already explained that
Might work against you if you target the international market if you know what I mean.
Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by techinfong: 9:46am On Sep 08, 2016
Yea i know.
teemy:

Might work against you if you target the international market if you know what I mean.

1 Like

Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by HomeOfMe(f): 10:12am On Sep 08, 2016
techinfong:
Many do ask for the reasons why many don't go for .ng,well i really think everyone want to copy facebook twitter because they use .com,you are wrong that's because they deal with countries not country.

Well let me give you the reasons why you should use .ng extension

1.Local Targeting : Probably you don't know S.e.o. Favour those using local extensions i.e. Their country's main extension e.g. .ng,.co.za e.t.c.
Search engines use it to serve their users better,for example search for anything like BUHARI NIGERIAN .
The only way .com purchasers can beat .ng purchasers was if nigeria was included as part of the domain nairaland.com,naijatechguide.com.
Another sites without ng extension may not make it

2.National Honour and Pride : Who noticed that most organisations in the UK prefer .co.uk to .com ? It is a matter of loyalty to your nation. It is obvious that if we can get our own webmasters to use our own .ng extension, then, it will be awesome for our National pride.

3.Easily memorable : Arguably .ng is the most memorable extension in Nigeria due to its shortness and the fact that ng is the shortest abbreviation for Nigeria.
It will be so easy for your users to remember

4.It is cheap and affordable : Despite the fact that .ng Extension has many benefits,it is cheap and affordable and can be purchased from any top registrars in Nigeria.
It is not expected to be above #2,500

source : http://techinfo.com.ng/2016/09/02/benefits-using-ng-domain-extension/
What about .com.ng?
Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by Brightgem(f): 10:18am On Sep 08, 2016
Me I only get one thing to talk. have been posting in health section, and add links from my blog, which far as I know isn't illegal, however one post recently and antispam bot has been banning me when I did nothing differently, MODS are not replying me so how do I even knw how far or my error. Even without posting I still get ban, shu! Anyone understands whats going on? pls throw some light. About this topic, too much negative media on. ng domains plus I target international audience so wud rada keep off. Check my siggy to see how far. make sure to click.
Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by cybergee(m): 10:29am On Sep 08, 2016
You better start a campaign focused on making Nira change the cost of domain from 15k to an affordable cost..com will always win on SEO
Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by 2sexynet: 10:31am On Sep 08, 2016
LWKMD grin OP, this surely isn't making front page as expected lol.
Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by 2sexynet: 10:32am On Sep 08, 2016
Brightgem:
Me I only get one thing to talk. have been posting in health section, and add links from my blog, which far as I know isn't illegal, however one post recently and antispam bot has been banning me when I did nothing differently, MODS are not replying me so how do I even knw how far or my error. Even without posting I still get ban, shu! Anyone understands whats going on? pls throw some light. About this topic, too much negative media on. ng domains plus I target international audience so wud rada keep off. Check my siggy to see how far. make sure to click.
speak to Seun. Lol.
Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by MRGRACE(m): 10:43am On Sep 08, 2016
Get your Own .Com.ng domain name with 6gb webhosting for just N3500 and Get .com domains with 6gb cpanel hosting for just N4500..whatsapp me 07060945564...Set up is 15mins..
Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by Ekuru: 10:44am On Sep 08, 2016
adewasco2k:

.com.ng is N1,500
.ng isN15,000

Get your facts right.
I was wondering too.
Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by Brightgem(f): 10:48am On Sep 08, 2016
2sexynet:
speak to Seun. Lol.
Lol! I hav a feeling ur d1 behind my problems. I suspect everynairalander
Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by 2sexynet: 10:50am On Sep 08, 2016
Brightgem:
Lol! I hav a feeling ur d1 behind my problems. I suspect everynairalander

Hahhahahahhaha LWKMD...
Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by presidentpikin: 11:54am On Sep 08, 2016
this is lovely

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can I Create A Football Prediction Site Like Zulubet / New/upcoming Bloggers Beware Of / Help On How To Activate Deactivated Gmail Account Please.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.