Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,506 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo (8204 Views)

Disadvantages Of .NG Domain Names? / Which Is A Better Domain Extension .co Or .net / What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by techinfong: 12:09pm On Sep 08, 2016
It is nice too and that's what i'm using
HomeOfMe:
What about .com.ng?
Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by mahyowah(m): 1:47pm On Sep 08, 2016
techinfong:
Many do ask for the reasons why many don't go for .ng,well i really think everyone want to copy facebook twitter because they use .com,you are wrong that's because they deal with countries not country.

Well let me give you the reasons why you should use .ng extension

1.Local Targeting : Probably you don't know S.e.o. Favour those using local extensions i.e. Their country's main extension e.g. .ng,.co.za e.t.c.
Search engines use it to serve their users better,for example search for anything like BUHARI NIGERIAN .
The only way .com purchasers can beat .ng purchasers was if nigeria was included as part of the domain nairaland.com,naijatechguide.com.
Another sites without ng extension may not make it

2.National Honour and Pride : Who noticed that most organisations in the UK prefer .co.uk to .com ? It is a matter of loyalty to your nation. It is obvious that if we can get our own webmasters to use our own .ng extension, then, it will be awesome for our National pride.

3.Easily memorable : Arguably .ng is the most memorable extension in Nigeria due to its shortness and the fact that ng is the shortest abbreviation for Nigeria.
It will be so easy for your users to remember

4.It is cheap and affordable : Despite the fact that .ng Extension has many benefits,it is cheap and affordable and can be purchased from any top registrars in Nigeria.
It is not expected to be above #2,500

5.Webusers will easily know that it's a Nigerian website : There will be no need for people to start using webmaster tools to check if it your website is for Nigerians or not,the extension already explained that

source : http://techinfo.com.ng/2016/09/02/benefits-using-ng-domain-extension/
I absolutely disagree on the note that it's affordable many Nigerians want to use .ng but it is unreasonably expensive e.g goto whogohost.com and type your desired domain with .ng and compare it to .com/com.ng you'll realize that .ng is just unrealistic for a startup or newbie entrepreneur in Nigeria. Only big companies use .ng I would advice you to reach out to NRA or who ever is in charge of web domain in Nigeria to reduce the cost of domain in Nigeria so that Nigerians will patronize local products. Gracias
Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by techinfong: 2:19pm On Sep 08, 2016
Thanks have been corrected
mahyowah:

I absolutely disagree on the note that it's affordable many Nigerians want to use .ng but it is unreasonably expensive e.g goto whogohost.com and type your desired domain with .ng and compare it to .com/com.ng you'll realize that .ng is just unrealistic for a startup or newbie entrepreneur in Nigeria. Only big companies use .ng I would advice you to reach out to NRA or who ever is in charge of web domain in Nigeria to reduce the cost of domain in Nigeria so that Nigerians will patronize local products. Gracias
Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by 2sexynet: 4:08pm On Sep 08, 2016
techinfong:
Thanks have been corrected
As a blogger, the onus is on you to ALWAYS make proper research before embarking on creating a post.
Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by techinfong: 4:22pm On Sep 08, 2016
Yea i made the research but it was a shabby one about the price
2sexynet:
As a blogger, the onus is on you to ALWAYS make proper research before embarking on creating a post.
Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by kelvinnaira: 6:11pm On Mar 21, 2018
techinfong:

Damn it!! You ought to have researched this isn't 2go or whatsapp undecided
I don kum back 4 u. the end they say shall tell. where is ur techinfo nw?
Arrogant child wen nr fit humble himself learn anythng. mtcheww..
Re: 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo by tonexSEO: 4:43pm On Mar 05, 2019
frugal:
Some wrong information there.

Number one for instance, there's no proof that this is actually so. In the past, maybe yes. But not anymore. Google will show your site for those queries if you have a better content. We know good contents get shared and linked to a lot which is all Google needs to rank your website above others. Moreover you can geo-target your website using webmaster tools if you want to (still doesn't make much of a difference). The key is better content, social signals and making sure your website is properly optimized (no duplicate content issue, etc.)

I totally agree with you! "Google will show your site for those queries if you have a better content" but still, .Ng domains will always outrank .Com domains on SERP provided you have a better content and you are targeting Nigeria.

Using a .Ng domain is like telling Google that the content of your website is basically for Nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Things To Do To Make Your Website More Visible To Your Target Audience / How Can I Get A Credit Card? / Ways To Get Real Instagram Followers For Your Blog SEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.