Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,748 members, 7,820,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 (21883 Views)

Poll: Can Naija Win Mozambique?

over my dead body (no): 11% (11 votes)
yes. anytime.: 25% (25 votes)
only if nigeria step up their game seriously: 63% (63 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Nigeria Vs Sudan: Afcon Qualifiers (3 - 1) On 15th October 2014 / Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - AFCON 2013 Final (1 - 0) - On 10th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by myhouse: 11:56am On Oct 09, 2009
We shall not qualify in jesus name,my friend that went to the abuja stadium told me that,after the match against Tunisia,some people sat down and continue weeping like a baby and even those at home couldn't eat at night,THEN YOUR SUPER EAGLES WENT TO THE CLUB CELEBRATING AND DANCING WITH SLUTS and now you want God to help those people who doesn't help themself,
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by FBS: 1:40pm On Oct 09, 2009
Nigeria must down Mozambique cheesy

The Super Eagles return to the Abuja National Stadium a month after they failed to beat Group Two leaders Tunisia at the same venue to face Mozambique in a 2010 World Cup qualifier.

Expectations have plumetted since that 2-2 draw with the Carthage Eagles so much so that a local bank who bought the ticket rights for Nigeria's World Cup home games is now angling for a discount from the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

The 60,000-capacity Abuja Stadium will certainly not be a full house as was the case for the games against Kenya and Tunisia.

With or without a massive support, the Eagles have to win against a team, who must have felt they were robbed of victory by the Eritrean referee when both teams first clashed in March in Maputo.

The Tunisians share the same goals difference of +3 with their closest rivals, but they have scored more goals - six goals as against the five by Nigeria. With this group most likely to go right down the wire, goals difference and number of goals scored may well determine the eventual winner here.

http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=11524
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 09, 2009
On the vote poll there should be an option that says " I don't give a shit"
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by FBS: 5:02pm On Oct 09, 2009
^^^ hahaha! oh yes you give a sh!t. It's the SE for goodness sake. grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by toosoon(m): 5:28pm On Oct 09, 2009
FBS:

Nigeria must down Mozambique cheesy

The Super Eagles return to the Abuja National Stadium a month after they failed to beat Group Two leaders Tunisia at the same venue to face Mozambique in a 2010 World Cup qualifier.

Expectations have plumetted since that 2-2 draw with the Carthage Eagles so much so that a local bank who bought the ticket rights for Nigeria's World Cup home games is now angling for a discount from the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

The 60,000-capacity Abuja Stadium will certainly not be a full house as was the case for the games against Kenya and Tunisia.

With or without a massive support, the Eagles have to win against a team, who must have felt they were robbed of victory by the Eritrean referee when both teams first clashed in March in Maputo.

The Tunisians share the same goals difference of +3 with their closest rivals, but they have scored more goals - six goals as against the five by Nigeria. With this group most likely to go right down the wire, goals difference and number of goals scored may well determine the eventual winner here.

http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=11524

Point of correction, Head to Head advantage will determine if we are on the same point and not goal difference. Have you forgotten so soon how Angola qualified for the last world cup? Tunisia will top the group if the point remain the same.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by BinghiNya(m): 5:40pm On Oct 09, 2009
Nigeria 2 Mozambique 1

Tunisia 5 kenya 0
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by FBS: 5:45pm On Oct 09, 2009
too_soon:

Point of correction, Head to Head advantage will determine if we are on the same point and not goal difference. Have you forgotten so soon how Angola qualified for the last world cup? Tunisia will top the group if the point remain the same.
You should have done your research before posting and exposing yourself. The rule has changed.

Tiebreakers

For FIFA World Cup qualifying stages the method used for separating teams level on points is the same for all Confederations, as decided by FIFA itself. If teams are even on points at the end of group play, the tied teams will be ranked by:

1. goal difference in all group matches
   2. greater number of goals scored in all group matches
   3. greater number of points obtained in matches between the tied teams
   4. goal difference in matches between the tied teams
   5. greater number of goals scored in matches between the tied teams
   6. drawing of lots, or a play-off (if approved by FIFA)

This is a change from 2006 FIFA World Cup qualification, where results between tied teams was the first tiebreaker.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by toosoon(m): 6:08pm On Oct 09, 2009
FBS:

You should have done your research before posting and exposing yourself. The rule has changed.

Tiebreakers

For FIFA World Cup qualifying stages the method used for separating teams level on points is the same for all Confederations, as decided by FIFA itself. If teams are even on points at the end of group play, the tied teams will be ranked by:

1. goal difference in all group matches
2. greater number of goals scored in all group matches
3. greater number of points obtained in matches between the tied teams
6. drawing of lots, or a play-off (if approved by FIFA)

This is a change from 2006 FIFA World Cup qualification, where results between tied teams was the first tiebreaker.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification

FIfa will have to choose from the list and they choose below during the last qualification.

please correct me if i am wrong
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by dinggle: 8:15pm On Oct 09, 2009
Every Nigerian should watch the match against Tunis and Kenya, cos that is the decider, if Kenya score then attention can be paid to Nigeria match.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by FBS: 9:42pm On Oct 09, 2009
too_soon:

FIfa will have to choose from the list and they choose below during the last qualification.

please correct me if i am wrong
Did you miss this and didn't you see in what order the criteria are listed?

i.e If two teams are tied on points, the first criteria is[b] goal difference in all group matches[/b]. geddit? undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by semid4lyfe(m): 1:44am On Oct 10, 2009
FBS, why are u bothering to explain to him? If he can't read and understand that's his problem.

@ Topic
I expect Nigeria to pick the 3 points with a 3 - 0 scoreline. However, our focus should be on the Tunisia - kenya game in Tunis on Saturday cos our fate is no more in our hands.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by Dfash(m): 8:48am On Oct 10, 2009
i dont wish the eagles bad luck but i reserve my comment till kenya plays tunis. but i dont pray 4 tunis 2 fail cos it took som measure of hardwork 4 them to get to where they are ,of course you know that heaven help those who help themselves.

BUT , !
whatever HAPPENS!

NIGERIA IS MY OWN COUNTRY!

UP NIGERIA!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by papyne: 9:20am On Oct 10, 2009
lets hope they win in order for them to keep hoping till the last round of the qualification before it dawns on super fowl that time is up.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by toosoon(m): 10:05am On Oct 10, 2009
FBS:

Did you miss this and didn't you see in what order the criteria are listed?

i.e If two teams are tied on points, the first criteria is[b] goal difference in all group matches[/b]. geddit? undecided

thanks for the clarification
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by MrCrackles(m): 10:36am On Oct 10, 2009
I hope Nigeria gets tonked silly! cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by buffead(f): 12:51pm On Oct 10, 2009
Am not even bothered about da soo called match , lets just say kenya somehow beat tunisia , nigeria will probably lose to mozambique mchewwwwwww lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by Nellyhands: 1:09pm On Oct 10, 2009
Im expecting another shit 4rm our boys
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by kabola2009(m): 1:21pm On Oct 10, 2009
is super eagles still playing again? i beg somebody should tell me who are we facing, when and where are we playing the fucking match? I will like to watch it live. shiorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by haykeens(m): 1:28pm On Oct 10, 2009
Do you all belive Nigeria is a cursed state?
well, its very obvious and expect things to get worse still
y'all should go and drink to stupor, make your heart merry, forget your sorrows and watch as the super chickens blame witches and wizards for their woes
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by Eeyore(m): 1:34pm On Oct 10, 2009
aisha2:

On the vote poll there should be an option that says " I don't give a shit"

I second that. Thank God the BBA eviction show will be airing at the same time.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by MUZBO(m): 1:36pm On Oct 10, 2009
Who cares about our match. I'm Kenyan for tomorrow.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by MUNEER2(m): 1:41pm On Oct 10, 2009
We know what the result would be already, why then are we disturbing ourselves.

At least, no country has triumphed over SE since we started the qualifiers grin grin grin

It's gonna be a draw again this time lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Foooollllllllsssss!!!!!!! angry angry angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by Rooneyboy(m): 1:47pm On Oct 10, 2009
What are they still playing 4 ?
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by Rooneyboy(m): 1:54pm On Oct 10, 2009
dinggle:

Every Nigerian should watch the match against Tunis and Kenya, cos that is the decider, if Kenya score then attention can be paid to Nigeria match.
see all of them , u think its only Nigeria that knows how to pray ?When we had the chance we threw it away ,now we are praying 4 kenyans to do it 4 us .
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by Rooneyboy(m): 1:58pm On Oct 10, 2009
They should all go back to their various clubs and leave the serious country to qualify.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by nas00(m): 2:09pm On Oct 10, 2009
Make dem kuku lose d match, make all man go rest.
Enuff of d soap wey dem dey rub 9ja. embarassed cry

Until SE, FE et al learn to have CHARACTER 'n DISCIPLINE, goodday to any gaddem qualifier or trophy
Useless farmers! Crazy, blind lot!

Shebi na to go ridicule 9ja for SA if dem slip thru before sad
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by 55gal(m): 2:13pm On Oct 10, 2009
Hopefully we shall be in SA come 2010.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by microgiant: 2:19pm On Oct 10, 2009
Thank God I removed too much attachment to Nigerian games, can't afford to have High BP.

To watch satellite TV Free, including live football matches (EPL, La liga, Champions League, European Cup, Bundesliga, French Championat, Serie A Free Satellite TV
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by rasputinn(m): 2:22pm On Oct 10, 2009
Oh oh I'm sorry I won't be able to watch that match as it clashed with a more important match;THE KIDS DOWN MY STREET WILL BE PLAYING MONKEY POST
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by toosoon(m): 2:55pm On Oct 10, 2009
sorry i won't be able to watch the second half, crashing with BBA eviction.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by nas00(m): 3:49pm On Oct 10, 2009
rasputinn:

Oh oh I'm sorry I won't be able to watch that match as it clashed with a more important match;THE KIDS DOWN MY STREET WILL BE PLAYING MONKEY POST

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ma Chief, seriously, na u make sense pass. How i wish i could join u cool

Who wan run imself down? Dem Baba Sala United a.k.a SE grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by ZUBBYNWA(m): 5:13pm On Oct 10, 2009
@aisha2
no be only you my brother, i was even hosipitalize immediatly after the match cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Chelsea Condemn Racist Abuse Of Tammy Abraham / AFCON 2019: The Biggest Talking Points From The Tournament / Barcelona Still Owe Messi £33 Million From Loyalty Bonusess Despite Departure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.