Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,296 members, 7,839,459 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Choose To Take Charge Of Your Attitude: Positivity Over Negativity. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Choose To Take Charge Of Your Attitude: Positivity Over Negativity. (358 Views)

3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad / NASU Strike: MOUAU Students Charge Phones In Large Number (Photos) / Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Choose To Take Charge Of Your Attitude: Positivity Over Negativity. by Younggeek03(m): 2:55pm On Sep 07, 2016
It was 5mins past 6am when Victoria's phone ranged she was still in deep sleep from the last night all-white birthday party of her best friend Debby, she was calling to thank her for showering her love and support and also to bid her Godspeed for her flight to New York which is scheduled to take off at 8am. after a couple of dials and no pick-ups she decided to postpone the action.

At 6:45am a loud yawn came out of Victoria's buccal cavity like the roar of a lioness and she stretch her body raising up her two long hands which resulted in her spine making crack sounds, it was due to the stress she passed through before her friend's party started and her tipsy mode after the party. She took to her phone it was 6:47am already and 8missed calls from Debby and from her mum.

She quickly jump down from the bed and head straight to the bathroom to take a shower. Her flight is scheduled to take off at 8am her home to the airport is an hour 20mins drive. She only have 1hour 13mins to get to the airport otherwise she's gonna miss her flight. What would you do in similar situation?

Luckily she got to the airport in due time, she ran up to the ticket counter and told the clerk "am running late I've got to catch the plane to New York. Tell me the gate number". "You are going out of concourse A. you've got 5mins," he said "I don't think you're gonna make it."
"I'm not going make it talking to you" she replied.
Victoria had a choice about how she could react to this situation. We all have a choice about how we react to each and every situation in our lives. Sometimes people tell you what you can't achieve because they don't see themselves achieving it. You've got to try.

She was running so fast, she wasn't just running she was talking to herself too. "Come on V, you've got to go. You can't miss this flight. You've got to get there." She was moving she hit the escalator and never stop running. When she finally approached the gate, she noticed the plane was still there. A part of her was glad.

An airline agent was at the gate.
"Excuse me, ma'am," she said. "I ran all the way from the ticket counter. Did I make it?"
"We just got a phone call, the plane's going to be two hours delayed." She looked at her and said "that's okay. I'm positive and proactive." The agent replied "I don't care what you called yourself. We're not leaving for two hours".

Victoria found herself in a challenging situation but she choose take charge of her life by being positive. She might have give in when the clerk told her she won't make it but instead she choose to take control and act positively, she had to run her way down to the gate knowing fully well it's already 8:20am the plane must have gone. Getting to the gate seeing the plane made a part of her happy she made it and finding out it won't move for another two hours due to a mechanical fault might have upset her and she'll start complaining. But then, She didn't do none of that, instead she accept the situation and see it as a time to take a little nap and to make some calls.

As she started to walk away, she saw a gentleman come behind her approaching the counter. He appeared to be a top-level executive. He said, "excuse me ma'am, is the flight leaving on time?" She told he they were having a mechanical difficulties and that the flight would be leaving in two hours. He became angry: "mechanical difficulties! Do you know who you're talking to? I know the CEO of this airline personally. I want to speak with the supervisor right now!"

A supervisor in a nice red jacket appeared. This guy argued with him for thirty-five minutes.
Can u guess what time the plane left?. Two hours later.
This fellow had another choice. He could have accepted the delay and make constructive use of his time, but then, he choose to argue and criticize which turned out to yield no positive result. The flight still left two hours later.

Victoria choose to accept and be grateful because if the difficulty was to be discovered on the air what would have happen?. The difference in their attitude that day makes the difference in their behavior. The executive might have suffered serious consequences as a result of his anger, but he didn't accomplish anything positive, because he allow his circumstances control his attitude.

Choice is a priceless gift embed in humans by God, the major difference between human and other creatures is choice, humans can choose to do whatever they like, however they live. Making the right choices is a distinction on your part, learning to take charge on one's life is an advantage to growth and to control your inner dialogue.

What is it going to be for you: a positive attitude or a negative attitude?. The choice seems fairly simple, doesn't it? The problem is that we often forget we have a choice. That is one of the master keys to unlock your greatness in life, exercising your power to choose your attitude and your approach to life challenges. We make choices consciously and unconsciously all of our lives. We choose when to get out of bed, what to wear, where to go, and when to return home. Most of the simple decision we make unconsciously. You should choose your attitude thoughtfully because it determines how you respond to the many challenges you will encounter.

Choosing to take charge of your attitude also entails segregating the negative from the positive. You definitely can't control what you hear, but u can choose what stays in and which go out. Make a stand not to be affected by people negative words and attitude.

We all have a choice. Choose positivity over negativity!.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan’s N700m Almajiri Schools Too Expensive To Run / Best Shell Scripting Online Training From Hyderabad / RUHS B.SC Nursing Counseling Schedule 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.